Start by marking “NLP at Work: The Essence of Excellence” as Want to Read:
NLP at Work: The Essence of Excellence

NLP at Work: The Essence of Excellence

Since the first edition, NLP at Work has pioneered the use of neurolinguistic programming (NLP) in the business world to improve communication, negotiation, teamwork, and influence. With more than one hundred thousand copies sold and now in its third edition, NLP at Work is a clear and comprehensive introduction to using NLP in the workplace, with a unique personal style

Published (first published November 10th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about NLP at Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about NLP at Work

Moffat Machingura
Apr 05, 2013 Moffat Machingura rated it it was amazing
This is the book that introduced me to Neuro-Linguistic Programing.(And made me study for a psychology degree six (6) years late)!

Sue Knight has the skill to simplify all the NLP aspects including modelling, maintaining rapport and perception. she uses practical examples, of which she generously dares to be among the examples, illustrating how she has applied NLP at work and in her marriage relationship and achieved logically incredible results.

To be honest, i love NLP at Work. It is a must read
Robyn
May 17, 2012 Robyn rated it it was amazing
Am busy reading at the moment. Excellent book about Neuro Linguistic Programming, the way we think, how to communicate in every way possible. Excellence of the individual. Well worth reading.
David Roberts
Aug 19, 2013 David Roberts rated it it was amazing
The book I read to research this post was NLP At Work by Sue Knight which is an excellent book which I bought from a local secondhand bookstore. This book is very much a hands on guide to making the most of NLP or neuro linguistic programming with a slant towards towards using it in connection with work. NLP is based on the principle that if you take someone who is skilled at something and study how they do it in every detail you can become just as good at it. An example is someone was always go ...more
Loy Machedo
Jan 18, 2012 Loy Machedo rated it liked it
After having studied NLP for quite some time, including going through hands-on training programs under two very unique & different NLP Training Master Practitioners, I guess I can contribute a few thoughts about this book.

The 3 bits I loved:
- Very simple, easy to understand and put across in laymans terms
- Lots of examples, anecdotes, references and assignments given after every chapter
- Extremely detailed with nothing left to vagueness or skipped out

The 3 bits I didnt like:
- This is not a b
David Ferrers
Jun 13, 2014 David Ferrers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: how-to, nlp, influences
Sue Knight is an exceptional teacher and inspiration for those of us in the NLP community. The latest edition of NLP at Work is a great improvement on the previous edition I owned. Many of the lessons have been made clearer and easier to implement. This edition shows that she continues to learn and to practice what she teaches. A great place to learn about NLP and to practice what you have learned.
Federico
Oct 06, 2012 Federico rated it really liked it
Good book. It explains Neuro-Linguistic Programming in a practical way (with exercises and examples), giving advices that can be used in the business and in the daily life. I widely used this book for my dissertation and I just loved it! Suggested to whom is not a psychologist and wants to know more about NLP.
Syed Irfan Kamyaby.org
I am very fan of Sue Knight because she has presented the basic NLP information in a very unique and easy way. Then applied it to business and job. Great work. I highly recommend every professional to read this book.
Haghia lubis
Haghia lubis rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2012
Larry Mccomb
Larry Mccomb rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2015
Gerard Chiva
Mar 17, 2013 Gerard Chiva rated it really liked it
Good in order to get introduced to NLP. Lots of interesting advice for coaches.
Renata Townsend
Renata Townsend rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016
Samir A Gelu
Samir A Gelu rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2017
Phil Reed
Phil Reed rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2011
Danijela Matijević
Danijela Matijević rated it really liked it
May 20, 2015
Robert
Robert rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2014
Jacob Achenbach
Jacob Achenbach rated it did not like it
Nov 16, 2014
Hari Kalymnios
Hari Kalymnios rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2013
Guillaume
Guillaume rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2017
Arun
Arun rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Coy Clark
Coy Clark rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2017
Steff
Steff rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2017
Timothy Beeker
Timothy Beeker rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2016
James Hayward
James Hayward rated it did not like it
Oct 02, 2016
Lisette Luna
Lisette Luna rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2014
Charles Szpinda
Charles Szpinda rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2015
Shashidharan
Shashidharan rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2014
Sam Scherf
Sam Scherf rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2014
Gavin
Gavin rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2014
Darlene Hull
Darlene Hull rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2016
Kim Falk
Kim Falk rated it did not like it
Jan 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Words that Sell
  • Coaching with NLP: How to be a Master Coach
  • Essential NLP: Teach Yourself
  • Innovation: The Five Disciplines for Creating What Customers Want
  • Time Line Therapy and the Basis of Personality
  • The Search for a Nonviolent Future: A Promise of Peace for Ourselves, Our Families, and Our World
  • Tilt: Shifting Your Strategy from Products to Customers
  • The Accelerated Learning Handbook: A Creative Guide to Designing and Delivering Faster, More Effective Training Programs
  • När du gör som jag vill: En bok om påverkan
  • Practical Empathy
  • Training from the Back of the Room!: 65 Ways to Step Aside and Let Them Learn
  • Sensemaking in Organizations
  • One Thing She Knew
  • Understanding Context: Environment, Language, and Information Architecture
  • UX for Lean Startups
  • Keep Calm and Stretch: 44 Stretching Exercises To Increase Flexibility, Relieve Pain, Prevent Injury, And Stay Young!
  • Remote Research: Real Users, Real Time, Real Research
  • Moving Forward: Six Steps to Forgiving Yourself and Breaking Free from the Past

“When everything around us may seem to challenge who we are, we need to know how to find certainty within ourselves about what we want and what we believe.” 0 likes
“We need to know how to find the excellence that is within us all and to celebrate it with every part of our heart and soul.” 0 likes