Start by marking “Haunted: Ten Tales of Ghosts” as Want to Read:
Haunted: Ten Tales of Ghosts

Haunted: Ten Tales of Ghosts

Ten ghost stories by Tracie McBride, William Meikle, Carole Ann Moleti, Kiersten Hartrim, Sera Hayes, April Grey, Rayne Hall, Douglas Kolacki, Jonathan Broughton, Grayson Bray Morris. Edited by Rayne Hall.

1. GHOSTS CAN BLEED by Tracie McBride
Ghosts can bleed. Maurice knows, because he is one.
2. DANCERS by William Meikle
A country graveyard in winter can be made warm.
3. BRE
Published December 24th 2011 by Scimitar Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Haunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted

Paula
Oct 30, 2012 Paula rated it it was ok
This book had ten short stories about ghosts. I liked about 3 of them. None of them were scary and most of them were really lame. The first one was the best. I was disappointed overall but it was free, so I can't really complain.
Heathyre
Jan 21, 2015 Heathyre rated it really liked it
Recommended to Heathyre by: Tomoson
These are not the cheesy ghost stories that you might see in other Anthologies, Rayne Hall has taken the time to find 10 diverse stories that take you from an English cemetery to Cape Cod, to the year 2048. They draw you in and make you think twice about the things that go bump in the night.

1. GHOSTS CAN BLEED by Tracie McBride
Ghosts can bleed. Maurice knows, because he is one.

2. DANCERS by William Meikle
A country graveyard in winter can be made warm.

3. BREAKWATER BEACH by Carole Ann Moleti
Ever
Lia Burres
Sep 22, 2013 Lia Burres rated it it was amazing
We've all grown up with scary ghost tales being told and passed down for each generation. Every generation passes them down to the next and they keep living on through many generations.
"Haunted: Ten Tales of Ghosts" is a really wonderful book for mature audiences.
One woman lost one husband while he was out at sea, remarried and lost him. She was visited by her first husband and wasn't willing to deal with losing him again.

An adult education teacher decided to give a girl a lift. The girl was pu
Renee Hardimon
Oct 03, 2013 Renee Hardimon rated it it was amazing

Once again, Rayne Hall has a compilation of tremendous stories. Having dealt with ghosts myself from a youngin unto today, it was interesting to see the different takes the authors would have on their own ghosts. One thing I did realize though is that, like the other books, some of the stories ended abruptly and left you wondering what happened?

For example, "The Explanation for Ghosts," ended without explaining what happened to the men. I went back and forward looking to make sure that the story
Sara Florida
May 27, 2012 Sara Florida rated it it was amazing
Brilliantly edited by Rayne Hall, who also contributes an intriguing ghost story to the collection, "Haunted" presents ten intriguing, very different ghost tales which showcase each author's own style and creativity. These unique stories defy the ghost story stereotypes and the typical ghostly haunted house themes. This is the strength and structure of the anthology, setting it apart from other classic or contemporary ghost story collections. After reading the haunting anthology, several intense ...more
Teresa
Jan 20, 2015 Teresa rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Haunted: Ten Tales of Ghosts. It has 10 short ghost stories. You can read a story or 2 in just a few minutes. Which I really like, since spare time comes in short spurts for me. Each of the stories are by different authors. I enjoyed 3 of the stories more then the others not to say I didn't like them too. Breakwater Beach was one of my favorites, it's about a woman whose husband recently passed away so she moves to Cape Cod bought a house to open as a B&B. Her husband ...more
Stephanie Ozuna
Jan 29, 2015 Stephanie Ozuna rated it it was amazing
I loved this book Haunted:Ten Tales of Ghosts. Although I don't think it's more for the adult audience I think it's great for the Tweens. My first impression of the cover was that it was going to be those short cheesy ghost stories that weren't that great. I was super impressed at how awesome each story is and how they draw you in. They sort of remind me of the book Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Most 90's kids know exactly what I am talking about. My kids really enjoyed the book as well. Gh ...more
Lynn
Feb 17, 2012 Lynn rated it liked it
Haunted - Ten Tales of Ghosts is a collection of short chilling ghost stories. I found this collection entertaining and perfect for an evening read. I found the different takes on the ever popular ghost story very enjoyable, each story had a different angle so you were always in for a different aspect of the "ghosts". From traditional sailors wives to some sci-fi thrown in. I didn't get the chills like I expected but there was definitely some creepy moments in each of them. My favorite was the " ...more
Allen
Nov 15, 2012 Allen rated it really liked it
Too bad the editor asked for errors when I finished the book, it is one that I had not marked as I went along and I am not going to read it again just to catch the errors I did find. The good news is that there were not very many of them, just enough to keep it out of the 5 star category. I did appreciate the heads up that the British spellings would be maintained in those stories written by British authors.

Other than that caveat, it was a fun read. Each story was short enough to read and then s
Celia Breslin
Feb 08, 2012 Celia Breslin rated it it was amazing
I love a good ghost story and this anthology gave me ten great ones to read. Each tale is well written and unique with a clever ending. My favorites: the sci-fi ghost story, “A Puddle of Dead” (brilliant title) by Grayson Bray Morris, followed closely by “Take Me To St. Rochs” by Rayne Hall. “Breakwater Beach” and “The Explanation for Ghosts” hooked me as well. But frankly, all ten were excellent reads. I highly recommend this anthology.
Jen
Nov 05, 2012 Jen rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Not a bad collection, but many of the stories felt like they were the first few chapters of a book. They felt unfinished and left me wanting more. Some of the stories didn't do much for me, but they weren't bad. Other ones were good, but sad. Ghost stories usually involve the dead or dying and that is either sad or scary for those left behind. A solid 3.5 out of five stars.
Nancy
Oct 27, 2012 Nancy rated it liked it
Some of the stories were good some not so good.. A nice quick little read. The stories that were good would have been much better with a little more meat to the story. The stories that I didn't like seem to ramble to long with no direction. I got this book for my Kindle on Amazon for free so not to bad.
Brenda
Jan 23, 2015 Brenda rated it really liked it
I thought this was a good selection of ghost stories intended for adults. Some of the themes and content aren't suited for children. My favorites from this collection were 1,2 and 5. 1 being my absolute favorite for the twist ending.

I received a copy of this ebook for review
Leslie
Oct 28, 2012 Leslie rated it it was ok
There were a couple of good stories in this collection, but to be honest I didn't think most of them were that good at all.
Kimberly
Oct 24, 2012 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed these short stories. Not too scary. Some were very sad. Others were almost poetic. Loved it!
Micheleann
Nov 03, 2012 Micheleann rated it it was amazing
enjoyed the book I have 3 favotite stories they are as follows dancers breakwater beach and dark reunion a bookbinder would drgintly recommend
Rachel
Dec 24, 2014 Rachel rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Not Bad Not a bad little collection of short stories.  I definitely enjoyed the first one the most, and none of them were scary.  A couple of them weren't very interesting, either.
Nancy Jones
Apr 08, 2016 Nancy Jones rated it it was amazing
Gifted copy for honest review.

I really enjoyed reading Haunted. The short stories were really good and I liked the characters in each story.
Amanda
Jan 27, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it
I love short stories. This compilation doesn't disappoint. Strange, twisted, and eerie tales that leave you haunted a little when they end.
Lisa A.
Feb 26, 2013 Lisa A. rated it really liked it
Short but scary ghost stories. I liked the different styles of each that way there was something for everyone. It actually made me think about my own ghostly encounters.
John
May 04, 2015 John rated it really liked it
A great anthology, mainly because these are intelligently drawn GHOST stories, not the blood and gore horror all to common for the genre. Highly recommended.
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was ok
Aug 09, 2014
Karen Chinetti
Karen Chinetti rated it it was ok
Mar 16, 2013
L.S. Hullinger
L.S. Hullinger rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2012
fiona marchese
fiona marchese rated it did not like it
Jul 25, 2016
Douglas Kolacki
Mar 23, 2013 Douglas Kolacki rated it liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Melissa Pomeroy
Melissa Pomeroy rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2012
Patricia Phare-camp
Patricia Phare-camp rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Daphne Ignatius
Daphne Ignatius rated it liked it
May 16, 2014
  • Darkscope
  • Aberrations
  • The Gate: 13 Dark and Odd Tales
  • The Indie Eclective: The Halloween Collection
  • Hacienda Moon (PathSeekers, #1)
  • Boggy Creek: The Legend Is True
  • Here Be Monsters: An Anthology of Monster Tales
  • Murder, Magic and Mayhem
  • The Mortician's Wife
  • Midnight Paths: A Collection of Dark Horror
  • Ashlyn's Radio
  • Horror Stories from Denmark Box set
  • Chasing the Sandman
  • The Endlands (Volume 1)
  • The Hunting Tree Trilogy (Books 1-3)
Rayne Hall writes fantasy and horror fiction, some of it quirky, most of it dark. She is the author of over sixty books in different genres and under different pen names, published by twelve publishers in six countries, translated into several languages. Her short stories have been published in magazines, e-zines and anthologies.

After living in Germany, China, Mongolia and Nepal, she has settled i