Haunted: Ten Tales of Ghosts

Haunted: Ten Tales of Ghosts

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Ten ghost stories by Tracie McBride, William Meikle, Carole Ann Moleti, Kiersten Hartrim, Sera Hayes, April Grey, Rayne Hall, Douglas Kolacki, Jonathan Broughton, Grayson Bray Morris. Edited by Rayne Hall.

1. GHOSTS CAN BLEED by Tracie McBride
Ghosts can bleed. Maurice knows, because he is one.
2. DANCERS by William Meikle
A country graveyard in winter can be made warm.
3. BRE...more
Published December 24th 2011 by Scimitar Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Haunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted

Paula
This book had ten short stories about ghosts. I liked about 3 of them. None of them were scary and most of them were really lame. The first one was the best. I was disappointed overall but it was free, so I can't really complain.
Lia Burres
We've all grown up with scary ghost tales being told and passed down for each generation. Every generation passes them down to the next and they keep living on through many generations.
"Haunted: Ten Tales of Ghosts" is a really wonderful book for mature audiences.
One woman lost one husband while he was out at sea, remarried and lost him. She was visited by her first husband and wasn't willing to deal with losing him again.

An adult education teacher decided to give a girl a lift. The girl was pu...more
Renee Hardimon

Once again, Rayne Hall has a compilation of tremendous stories. Having dealt with ghosts myself from a youngin unto today, it was interesting to see the different takes the authors would have on their own ghosts. One thing I did realize though is that, like the other books, some of the stories ended abruptly and left you wondering what happened?

For example, "The Explanation for Ghosts," ended without explaining what happened to the men. I went back and forward looking to make sure that the story...more
Sara Florida
Brilliantly edited by Rayne Hall, who also contributes an intriguing ghost story to the collection, "Haunted" presents ten intriguing, very different ghost tales which showcase each author's own style and creativity. These unique stories defy the ghost story stereotypes and the typical ghostly haunted house themes. This is the strength and structure of the anthology, setting it apart from other classic or contemporary ghost story collections. After reading the haunting anthology, several intense...more
Allen
Too bad the editor asked for errors when I finished the book, it is one that I had not marked as I went along and I am not going to read it again just to catch the errors I did find. The good news is that there were not very many of them, just enough to keep it out of the 5 star category. I did appreciate the heads up that the British spellings would be maintained in those stories written by British authors.

Other than that caveat, it was a fun read. Each story was short enough to read and then s...more
Lynn
Haunted - Ten Tales of Ghosts is a collection of short chilling ghost stories. I found this collection entertaining and perfect for an evening read. I found the different takes on the ever popular ghost story very enjoyable, each story had a different angle so you were always in for a different aspect of the "ghosts". From traditional sailors wives to some sci-fi thrown in. I didn't get the chills like I expected but there was definitely some creepy moments in each of them. My favorite was the "...more
Celia Breslin
I love a good ghost story and this anthology gave me ten great ones to read. Each tale is well written and unique with a clever ending. My favorites: the sci-fi ghost story, “A Puddle of Dead” (brilliant title) by Grayson Bray Morris, followed closely by “Take Me To St. Rochs” by Rayne Hall. “Breakwater Beach” and “The Explanation for Ghosts” hooked me as well. But frankly, all ten were excellent reads. I highly recommend this anthology.
Jen
Dec 17, 2012 Jen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
Not a bad collection, but many of the stories felt like they were the first few chapters of a book. They felt unfinished and left me wanting more. Some of the stories didn't do much for me, but they weren't bad. Other ones were good, but sad. Ghost stories usually involve the dead or dying and that is either sad or scary for those left behind. A solid 3.5 out of five stars.
Nancy
Some of the stories were good some not so good.. A nice quick little read. The stories that were good would have been much better with a little more meat to the story. The stories that I didn't like seem to ramble to long with no direction. I got this book for my Kindle on Amazon for free so not to bad.
Lisa A.
Short but scary ghost stories. I liked the different styles of each that way there was something for everyone. It actually made me think about my own ghostly encounters.
Micheleann
enjoyed the book I have 3 favotite stories they are as follows dancers breakwater beach and dark reunion a bookbinder would drgintly recommend
Amanda
I love short stories. This compilation doesn't disappoint. Strange, twisted, and eerie tales that leave you haunted a little when they end.
Leslie
There were a couple of good stories in this collection, but to be honest I didn't think most of them were that good at all.
Kimberly
Really enjoyed these short stories. Not too scary. Some were very sad. Others were almost poetic. Loved it!
Wendy Peoples Moore
Liked all the stories in this collection - perfect for getting in the Halloween mood!
Kaethe
Kaethe marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
B.T. Mienoré
B.T. Mienoré marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
FlowerFairy
FlowerFairy marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Alanna Fowler
Alanna Fowler marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Becky Robison
Becky Robison marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Carrie Bourgeois
Carrie Bourgeois marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Rayne Hall writes fantasy and horror fiction, some of it quirky, most of it dark. She is the author of over sixty books in different genres and under different pen names, published by twelve publishers in six countries, translated into several languages. Her short stories have been published in magazines, e-zines and anthologies.

After living in Germany, China, Mongolia and Nepal, she has settled i...more
More about Rayne Hall...
Writing Fight Scenes Thirty Scary Tales Storm Dancer Writing Scary Scenes Undead: Ten Tales of Zombies