Start by marking “Lucky” as Want to Read:
Lucky

Lucky

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Sloane would've given anything to have been born with the right body, but he hadn't. He’d have given anything to have his family back, but his father insisted that until Sloane was ready to become his heterosexual daughter again, he wanted nothing to do with him. So Sloane dealt with the challenges of living transgendered as best he could. Luckily, his best friend Jace was ...more
Published January 25th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Lucky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky

Gabbi

Sloane has always known he was born in the wrong body. Born female, he was a confused child who was never comfortable in his own skin. But, the day the Sloane found out that there were other people who were also like he was, transgendered, Sloane started living as a male from that day on despite Sloane’s family and their disapproval. The one person that Sloane has always been able to depend on is his best friend, Jace. Ever since Sloane could remember, he
Lucy
3.5 Lucky is the story of Sloane, a female to male transgendered soul who is just desperately unhappy living in the female body he inhabits. He isn’t interested in reassignment surgery because he is afraid of complications. When he tells his parents about himself, they react poorly. His father is mayor of the town, and agrees to pay for Sloane’s college tuition as long as he promises to go somewhere far away and to have no further contact with the family until he comes to his senses and returns ...more
Ami
Sloane was born as a girl -- but he struggled with himself; he felt that he have not been born with the right parts. So he was reborn as a boy. Now, Sloane on testosterone shots although he keeps his vagina because he doesn't want to risk the surgery. But, having that wrong organ is an issue, when Sloane is in love with his gay best friend, Jace.

I must tip my hat for this one for featuring a transgender as main character. Since it's a short story, the internal struggle of Sloane and his body is
Ada
Nov 05, 2012 Ada rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
I liked this one. I like that she was a man but still kept his girly parts for health reasons. I do think that medicine will evolve to a point where seks changes will be a lot safer and better than now. But until then I think it's a very personal choice to go through with it or not.

That said I love that there was someone who loved him. He called himself gay but I think that just because people have to label things. It's our nature.
It didn't bother me that he had girl parts, and yes I expected
ManOhMan
Reviewed by Max: At twenty-one pages this is a very short story. I think the overall story and characters could have been developed a lot more. Given the subject matter, I would have liked to have known more about Sloane and how he progressed from female to male.

I would love to see more stories with FTM characters, especially ones where the character identifies as being gay.

I felt the storyline was rushed. The progression from friendship to lovers happened rapidly and there was no buildup. Whe
Guilty Pleasures
Charnel's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Lucky is a contemporary transgender short story, a quick read taking 10 to 20 minutes to finish. Usually a short story leaves me wanting more from the characters but I was completely satisfied with the whole story and the end. Transgender is a genre I haven’t read before but the story between Sloane, the man in a woman’s body, and Jace, his gay best friend, is sweet, loving, hot and heartwarming.
Veronica /  V
I started reading this book because I really like transgender stories.

Please skip this book if you are like me, and don't want to read about girly bits, as this story is more like He is psychologically male, but physically still female.
Not for me.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
This is a very short story about Sloane, who is transgender.
He was disowned by his family but has his best friend Jace, who has been his rock throughout.
This is a touching read and a small window into Sloane's pain and insecurities.
Lily

This was a sweet and at times sad story about a young man dealing with being transgendered, losing his family and falling in love with his best friend.
Leah
This was just a taste of a transgender romance which was too short for me...but it left me curious and interested In the other stories this author has written.
Anke
I'm sorry to say that this story didn't work for me. The writing seemed stilted to me and I couldn't relate to the MCs. There was no chemistry whatsoever.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Lucy
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Genre: M/M Transgender

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Rachel
I really love reading stories with transgender characters in them, and I thought this was written and handled very well.
Sadonna
Jan 27, 2012 Sadonna rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm, pdf
Interesting short about a young transgender FtM in love with her gay best friend.
Jamie Fessenden
A challenging subject to write about, well thought out and well done.
Meggie
To short developed story, but interesting enough.
dx
Apr 04, 2012 dx rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: have
2.5
Deryncarm1970
Deryncarm1970 marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
melek
melek marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Eli
Eli marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Fab
Fab marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Elle
Elle marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Alyse
Alyse added it
Dec 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Tia Fielding lives in a peaceful little town in a small country in northern Europe. She loves nature, her horses, cats, and even the yappy little thing that occasionally gets called a dog. Tia learned to read before she went to school at the age six and began writing as soon as she figured she had stories to tell around the mature age of seven. Stories about horses, adventures, and ghosts might ha ...more
More about Tia Fielding...
When I Say When By Any Other Name (By Any Other Name #1) Chuffed (Finnshifters, #1) Cherry Blossoms and Titanium Falling Into Place