Start by marking “Always You” as Want to Read:
Always You

Always You

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  96 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Lyla has to move on. She’s been stuck in a rut since her heart was broken five years ago. Trying to decide about life with her fiancé, Nick, she resolves to finish one last project before moving to Spain and starting a new life. That is until she is face to face with the one man who broke her heart all those years ago, Alexander Knight.

Five years ago, when Alex and Lyla me
Kindle Edition
Published March 6th 2012 by InkSpell Publishing (first published February 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Always You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always You

Arlene
Jul 04, 2012 Arlene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating Clarification: 3.5 Stars

Well if I’m being completely honest, it was the book cover that attracted me to Always You. I mean look at the gorgeous pose happening here! Yes, I’m among the many that judge a book by its cover and for the most part it’s usually a disappointment, but in the case of Always You it was simply a mild surprise.

A small part of me was expecting a little bit more where the story of Alex and Lyla was concerned, and I think if it was about 100 pages longer Mudiganti would
NightlyReading Heather
This book was the perfect set up for a passionate romance.

Alex and Lyla once shared a past. Due to a huge secret that Alex had kept from Lyla, their love affair quickly ended with Lyla walking out on him and never turning back again. When Lyla goes to a work meeting and walks into the room, she comes face to face with Alex after so many years and she is not sure if she can keep herself from falling in love again.

This was a very quick read for me and I am not sure if the reason is because I loved
Brooke Moss
Jan 31, 2012 Brooke Moss rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this novella! Sweet, sort of sad, lots of jet-setting, it was a fun read. Like a piece of candy before bed, I treated myself every night after I did my work with reading time. The character of Lyla is incredibly introspective and wounded. I enjoy a character like that. I like flawed characters, though some struggle with that. I don't. I like a character who makes mistakes like I do. And the character of Alex? Well, lets just say...I am a sucker for a hero in an expensive suit, who know ...more
Vanessa
Mar 31, 2012 Vanessa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
such an incredible book, i wish my boyfriend was like alex. there were times during this i wanted to cry. this book has it all romance, mystery and a happyending. shilpa is a friend of mine and she did an incredible job on this book. i highly recommend people to read it.

i cant wait to see more books shilpa publishes.
~Tina~
The writing was a tad flat and the dialog felt a little formal, but the story line had a good twist and the characters were likable.
All in all, Always You was a charming, sweet and tender love story.

(Arc provided by InkSpell Publishing)
Molly
Mar 06, 2012 Molly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Molly by: Enchanted Book Tours
I truly enjoyed this read! Ms. Mudiganti has a unique writing style to combined multiple emotions and create a story that is full of love and hope, trust and friendship.

Lyla and Alex were once in love. They fell in love during a grieving period when their best friend and the one they loved died tragically in a car accident. But, then Lyla left Alex when she learned the truth....or THOUGHT she learned the truth.

Now, five years later, she's face to face with the man she'll forever hate. But, onc
Sana
Feb 26, 2012 Sana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
Always You is a short entertaining read and I finished it in a few hours. What attracted me to Always You is the awesome cover with Eiffel Tower in the background which I just love! Moreover, the cover fits the story perfectly which I think is an important thing for any book.

From the beginning of Always You, it dives into the heart of the matter. Lyla has been hurt and deceived by Alex five years ago, but she still is unable to move on despite being engaged to another. She has decided to move ba
Pamela
Feb 09, 2012 Pamela rated it liked it
*** I received an eARC copy of the book from Inkspell Publishing. ***

Let me just start out by saying that I wrote up a long review and then accidentally clicked outside of the review window thus causing everything to disappear without being saved. So I think this time around I will skip explaining what the story is about as you can read about it in the blurb, I guess. Plus, this way I'm not spoiling any of the story for you.

I enjoyed reading Always You. I could relate to the characters and the s
CaliGirlRae
First off, the cover caught my eye right away. Very sensuous, sexy and it definitely helps that the hero looks like the very yummylicious actor Neal McDonough.

Always You was a fun, sweet romance about secrets, betrayal, truth and moving on. Our heroine Lyla suffered when she lost her late love Andrew in a car accident involving Andrew's friend Alex. Lyla has harbored anger at Alex ever since she found he was in the car and was the lone survivor. Things are complicated when Alex and Lyla are thro
Carly
Mar 06, 2012 Carly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
Always You is a quick, snappy and to the point read. It read brilliantly and I ended up finishing the book in a couple of hours. The story line is engaging and there were lots of will she won't she moments. It is very heartfelt in places and I was simply dying to know the whole story of how Alex betrayed Lyla.

5 years ago Lyla was in a relationship with a guy called Alex. He helped her get over the death of her partner, who died in a car accident. When Lyla finds out that Alex had something to do
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
***Book received as part of Blog Tour for review***
Let me start off by saying that this book should be considered as a novella. My ARC copy was 112 pages but the font was really small so the final page count may be different. Nonetheless, it is a great quick read. A romance book set in the city of love, how can you go wrong?

Through flashbacks we learn that Lyla’s boyfriend Andrew was killed in a car crash. At Andrew’s funeral she meets Alexander Knight. (I love that name!) They become friends an
Brianna Kilcrease
This is the first adult romance that I have read so far in 2012, and let me just say that it was perfect.

A good romance is heartbreaking, loving, gentle, and full of surprises. Always You meets all of this criteria. The story of Lyla and Andrew is sad, and then in comes Alex, healing her, and then a betrayal happens. Nick on the other hand is there to pick up the pieces, but will Lyla let him?

A few coincidences help too. Like the fact that they just happen to be working on a big project togethe
Cocktails and Books
Excellent story. Look for my review on Night Owl Review
Darian Wilk
Mar 20, 2012 Darian Wilk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
Always You is a novella, you get all the lovely ups and downs of romance in about half the time. And this novella doesn’t hold back at all, and quickly sucks you into the turmoil Lyla has been living with for five years, trying to forgive and forget the love of her life, all while planning her wedding to Nick; a man who loves and is good to her.

It’s an emotional ride, watching Lyla fight the love she has for Alex and hopes to find that same kind of love with Nick. Mudiganti does a wonderful job
Nicola
Feb 07, 2012 Nicola rated it liked it
This review first appeared here on my blog.

Always You is a contemporary romance novel about a woman named Lyla and her ex fiancé, Nick. I decided to read this book because I quite liked the cover- it's well done and has a relaxed feeling to it- and the premise sounded very interesting. I was definitely interested in seeing what choices Lyla would make. I always enjoy stories like this so I was expecting good things from Always You.

The book as a whole was pretty good! It's very light reading and
Arlena
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Raven Rating: 4
Blog Review For: GMTA
Review:

"Always You" by Shilpa Mudiganti was a good romance novel. The author works her magic in getting Lyla and Alexander Knight back together. I found this novel a very easy, quick and steamy read. "Always You" was truly a story of misunderstanding, mixed emotions, anger, betrayal, forgiveness and then their was love.

The story starts with Lyla trying to get
Katrina
Always you is the Debut novel by Shilpa Mudiganti .. I love the cover .. very sensual and alluring ;) I know dont judge a book by its cover - but - I’m a cover love kinda girl and this is just stunning.

I won’t go into the storyline much as it’s only at 112 pages long. Please do read the blurb ! Always you Is a heart warming story with a few steamy scenes - but also contains moments where you may need to grab that box of tissues. ** I know some of us are emotional readers *

Always you is a story
Lauren Murphy
Feb 02, 2012 Lauren Murphy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance

Plenty of reviews @ The Australian Bookshelf

Always You is a quick, steamy romance novella (112 pages) by debut author Stilpa Mudiganti.

Lyla has vowed celibacy and refused to let another man break down the barriers she built up around her since she was broken-hearted by Alex’s betrayal five years prior. So, to keep her emotions safely tucked away and get her ‘gramma’ off her back she agrees to marry the sensible and caring Nick. Lyla accepts her last big project at the London firm where
Cecilia Robert
First of all, points for the cover. As a reader who loves a good book wrapped up in a gorgeous cover, this on is right up there on my list.

Always You is a story about love, hurt and misunderstanding, forgiveness.
Lyla is engaged to Nick. Her life seems to be going ok, until Alex, her former ex makes an appearance - namely, them working together on a project at work - upsetting the life she had built for herself after their break-up, as well as memories of their time together five years ago.

Lyla
Melissa
Mar 11, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Are you looking for a sweet love story with misunderstandings and emotion? Always You is a perfect story that will tug at your heartstrings and leave you wanting more. I loved how the characters were flawed yet still worked on becoming better people. The snarky comments and playful banter was fun and really showed how real people interact! I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for a sweet love story about people who have communication issues and must learn to let go of the past.
Heather
Feb 15, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice quick read. It was a romantic and sexy story. Some of the romance scenes reminded me a bit of the scenes between Dallas and Roarke from the “In Death” series by J.D. Robb, so if you like that you might like this book.

There were times that I could not stand the main character, Lyla, because she seemed a little annoying (especially where Nick was involved). However, for the most part, I enjoyed the book and would recommend it.
Mindy
Mar 22, 2012 Mindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Always You" was a good book, if a fairly typical romance. The twist coming in that these people had actually called it quits for give years because Alex broke Lyla's heart. Actually he kept a secret that made her hate him, but now they have no choice but to stay really, really close. Lyla is a bit of a whiner and needs a good shaking, but overall the story is clever and well written.
I give this one 4 of 5 clouds.
Tamaria Soana
Mar 10, 2012 Tamaria Soana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always You is a very sweet book. Can two people that hurt so deep find their way back to one another? The story takes you on a journey of assumptions, half truths, heartbreak, loneliness, and finally forgiveness.

Annabelle Blume
Jun 13, 2012 Annabelle Blume rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You want to hate Alex. You really, really want to, but the author does an amazing job of constantly planting doubt in your head as to wether or not he's actually the bad guy. Lyla is a great heroine, with self assuredness and inner strength almost to a fault. The author is highly skilled at creating sexual tension that will make you scream at the characters for not getting together soon enough all the while loving every minute of them being at arms length. A great summertime read that will make ...more
Mimi
Oct 23, 2012 Mimi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!!!

This book was surprisingly good. I could not stop reading it. The only reason why I am not giving it 5 stars is because after Nick showed up the author cut a lot of what happened during the time he staied there. Not that we can't figure that not much happened since Lyla didn't love him anyways, but still cutting an important part where so many emotions are being plaied and affected is a no bueno for me. However this book is highly recommendable and from now on, I will want to read
Keanna Lewis
This seems like a modern day Wuthering Heights, execept the part of the deaths.
Shari
Apr 29, 2012 Shari rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Full review at http://delightedreader.com

Unfortunately, I could not connect with this book. I assumed I got a final copy of the book but it may have been an ARC. There were several instances of bad punctuation or misspelled words. I usually can forgive that on an ARC book even if it does irritate me, but not on a final one. Since I am not sure which one I received, I will just leave that part alone.

Basically, Andrew and Alex were best friends, when a bad accident happens. Lyla at the time is eng
Naj (Unputdownable Books)
I'm only saying what I'm about to because its pretty obvious how the book will end. When I finished this book I felt relived that finally, the protagonists aren't going in circles and driving themselves mad anymore. More than five years of unwanted hurt and pain that could have been avoided, has come to an end and everyone's happy! Thank goodness!

Now, thats out let me go into more detail. I was looking forward to reading this book. No, its not because I'm friends with the author nor is it becau
Elena (Gone Bookserk)
This is definitely a love story along with the trials and tribulations that comes along with betrayal, loss, and pain. It is pretty much a simple read. I feel like I don't want to give away too much about this book in this review, so I will keep it simple, otherwise I might run the risk of giving too many spoilers. It's absolutely a love and hate story, a struggle between trying to forget and not wanting to forget; the subconscious surfacing slowly through time reminding the main character what ...more
Kristy
I put this in the hott spots shelf, but I think it would be more accurate to label it as hott spot. haha It was a quickie too.

This book was OK. I don't think it was worth the $2.99 i paid, I would have been happier with the book if I had only paid .99.
InkSpell Publishing: Happy Release Day Shilpa and Always You! 5 7 Mar 06, 2012 12:56PM
InkSpell Publishing: Release Day Party is Tomorrow (3/6) 1 4 Mar 05, 2012 08:17AM
  • Familiar Ties
  • Truly, Madly, Deeply, You (Truly Madly #1)
  • Cupcakes and Killer Heels (Brothers & Sisters, #2)
  • A Knowing Look and Other Stories
  • Invitation to Ruin (Invitation To #1)
  • The Lamplighters
  • By Love or by Sea
  • Flings and Arrows
  • Letters From the Ledge
  • Keeper of My Heart
  • Holding Back the Day
  • Forever and a Day (The Rumor, #1)
  • The Brown House (The Visitor's Series #1)
  • Fever (Phoenix Rising, #1)
  • Where Secrets Lie
  • The Lure of Shapinsay
  • Zakia and the Cowboy (Thunder Creek Ranch #1)
  • Immortal Mine
Shilpa Mudiganti Mirza grew up making up stories in her head. Starting with innocent babbling, genre of her stories changed with lessons growing up teaches us all. She thought life would be all about her stories until she completed her technical degree. Security of an IT job lured her leaving her stories to continue brew up in her head. Yet soon she had to fall in step with what fate had planned f ...more
More about Shilpa Mudiganti...