Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “A Knot Is Not a Tangle” as Want to Read:
A Knot Is Not a Tangle
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

A Knot Is Not a Tangle

by
3.85  ·  Rating Details ·  13 Ratings  ·  1 Review
Poetry. "Did someone say 'The Runes of Western Civilization'? All the great heresies are here: poignant rhymes, literate feints and graceless parries, the bogus and the beautiful, elliptical, epochal and incidental, and even a poem held to a refrigerator by a Goofy magnet by Carla. The filibuster of philosophical flourishes edited by Kimberly Filbee's philiate (filial) ...more
Paperback, 122 pages
Published July 1st 2000 by Krupskaya (first published 1997)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about A Knot Is Not a Tangle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Knot Is Not a Tangle

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-22)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  Rating Details
Andy
Nov 29, 2008 Andy rated it really liked it
This often absolutely incredible work really deserves a five and a two-and-a-half. I so love the 75% or so I love, and the other 25% or so represents, to me, such a well-executed exemplary collection of what I don't like about intentionally "tasteless" writing (which, incidentally, is not its "tastelessness"). I'll be back with more upon a second reading, one of many with which I plan to reward myself. Yeah, read it. What's good here is what contemporary poetry desperately needs more of.
Philip Jenks
Philip Jenks rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2009
Philip Jenks
Philip Jenks rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2009
Ron
Ron rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2007
Lifelongpress
Lifelongpress rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2012
Gary Sullivan
Gary Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2008
W.B.
W.B. rated it it was ok
Dec 28, 2007
Nada
Nada rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2007
Lily
Lily rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2009
Kristen
Kristen rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2008
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it it was ok
Sep 20, 2014
Mandy
Mandy rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2010
Herb
Herb rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Robert J.
Robert J. marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2007
K.
K. added it
Aug 27, 2007
Benjamin
Sep 15, 2007 Benjamin added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Madison Langston
Madison Langston marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2010
Jared
Jared marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2010
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2010
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
45543
I'm a poet, critic, and editor, and make my living teaching American Studies and Poetics at the University of Maine. I'm also a dabbler in translation, from German (with a dictionary, making a lot of errors) and Italian (with my wife, who is a native speaker).
More about Benjamin Friedlander...

Share This Book