Start by marking “Second World” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Second World

Becky Wagoner

Second World

In a collision between a spirit world and everyday life, young Clare must decide what is real. Her adventures are shared with the ghost of her dead grandfather and Horus the talking dog. Clare, the youngest in her dysfunctional family unable to connect with her explosive father, emotionally stunted mother, and bossy big sister, separates herself and discovers that she is a ...more
Published 2011

To ask other readers questions about Second World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second World

Bear
Mar 16, 2012 Bear rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How often do we actually know what is around us? In her book, “Second World”, R.M. Wagoner takes us on a journey where not only does the protagonist Claire have the gift of being able to see the spirit world around us, but also the gift of being able to directly interact therein. A double-edged sword, no doubt, but one we all frequently, if we are honest, would like to be able to do on a more direct basis than is frequently allowed.

As I read this book, several thoughts came forth. This book was
Kym McNabney
Mar 24, 2012 Kym McNabney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As I started SECOND WORLD by RM WAGONER, I didn’t know what to expect. In the beginning I wasn’t sure where the story was going, but it was so well written and intrigued me enough to keep me turning the pages. When I realized what direction it was headed, I was hooked.

Clare’s family is anything but normal. Her father is temperamental, her mother emotionless, and her older sister bossy. Young Clare escapes her dysfunctional family while encountering supernatural forces, and embarks on a journey t
Sherry Ellis
Jan 23, 2016 Sherry Ellis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clare is a young girl who has a special gift. She is able to see and communicate with beings in the Second World, also known as the spirit world. When death and heartache surround her, she learns, with the help of her new friend Mae, that the forces of good and evil in the spirit world are able to affect the real world.

Second World is an intriguing story that conveys the Christian beliefs that, "Jesus always wins," and "With God nothing is impossible." These themes are woven thoughout the book.
Lorraine Beaumont
Lorraine Beaumont rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2013
Vinodhini Shehzad
Vinodhini Shehzad rated it really liked it
May 02, 2014
Anna-Marie
Anna-Marie rated it really liked it
May 07, 2012
Vikki Straw
Vikki Straw rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2012
Moura
Moura marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2012
$udh!
$udh! marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2012
Kate George
Kate George marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2012
Krisi Keley
Krisi Keley marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2012
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2013
Susan Polttila
Susan Polttila marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2017
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2011
A Must Read 1 2 Mar 28, 2012 09:50PM
Born in Putnam Connecticut, and raised in Upstate New York with nine brothers and sisters.

Graduated high school and jumped into four years of science geared college, before realizing that writing was my true passion. Now enjoying life for the first time and looking forward to new adventures waiting on the next page.
More about Becky Wagoner...