Start by marking “Your Money and Your Man: How You and Prince Charming Can Spend Well and Live Rich” as Want to Read:

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  45 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
“Money may not be able to buy you love, but conflicts about it can certainly bankrupt your relationship.”
–Michelle Singletary

Here at last is the lowdown on how to manage your finances with the man in your life. Money is the #1 problem couples fight about, says beloved Washington Post financial columnist Michelle Singletary. Acknowledging that most fights about money are us
Published January 31st 2006 by Random House (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Your Money and Your Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Money and Your Man

Gwen
Aug 26, 2015 Gwen rated it it was ok
Good basic information, but not what I was looking for

I can’t really fault Michelle Singletary for that, though—this book is classic Singletary heteronormative advice with a side of Christianity (both of which I could do without in my personal finance needs), which she makes no attempt to hide in her columns and chats for The Washington Post. I knew what I was getting into, but I had hoped that she would provide some of the advice I was seeking: money advice for serious relationships that have p
Heidi
Jun 30, 2008 Heidi rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for anyone who's getting married, looking at getting married, is married, or is co habing. It lays out easy, straightforward rules to dealing with money and monetary issues and provides a framework within which you and your significant other may set up ground rules. I found it very helpful and I consider myself to be rather good with money... sometimes... But this book actually helped me alot! Some of the info is straightforaward but others is really good!
Susan
Feb 18, 2009 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
This book gives good information on personal finances, and basic investments. The author also addresses the relationship between you and your man. All her advice appears to be sound. Her descriptions of the different kind of personal investments were especially good, simple and thorough.
Anastasia
Apr 06, 2011 Anastasia rated it really liked it
I like & recommend this book to anyone at any stage in a relationship looking for a light-hearted way to talk about finances, though the title is a bit misleading.
Mary
Mar 14, 2009 Mary rated it really liked it
Shelves: marriage
If I could have asked for a book to be written, and required that it made sense of money and relationships, this would be the book.
Aug 23, 2007 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since I have already been married for 9 years, I didn't start reading until Chapter 13.
Elise
Jul 28, 2011 Elise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is full of good solid advice, but not much new material for me.
Linsey
Oct 13, 2010 Linsey rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010-challenge
Good info, well-written.
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Monique
Monique marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Linda Olson
Linda Olson rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Donielle Weil
Donielle Weil marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Emily Kelly
Emily Kelly marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2015
Josephine Dachoute
Josephine Dachoute marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Kathy R. Law
Kathy R. Law rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2015
Danetta
Danetta rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2015
Halle Faraj
Halle Faraj rated it it was ok
Oct 06, 2015
Chor Sovannarith
Chor Sovannarith marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Natasha
Natasha rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2015
A.C. Bellamy
A.C. Bellamy rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Courtney WardWalker
Courtney WardWalker marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Elizabeth Tracy
Elizabeth Tracy marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015