Start by marking “Predestined (Existence Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Predestined (Existence Trilogy, #2)

Predestined (Existence Trilogy #2)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  25,410 ratings  ·  1,206 reviews
You would think after helping save her boyfriend from an eternity in Hell that things would go back to normal. Well, as normal as life can be when you can see souls and your boyfriend is Death. But for Pagan Moore, things are just getting weirder.

The high school quarterback and reigning heartthrob, Leif Montgomery, is missing. While the town is in a frenzy of worry, Pagan
Published March 29th 2012 (first published March 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Predestined, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Predestined

The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleySignificance by Shelly CraneExistence by Abbi GlinesHeart on a Chain by Cindy C. BennettAccordance by Shelly Crane
Best Indie YA/New Adult Books
7th out of 838 books — 1,909 voters
Onyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutInsurgent by Veronica RothCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareFinale by Becca FitzpatrickOpal by Jennifer L. Armentrout
2012 Most Awaited YA Novels and Sequels
13th out of 267 books — 734 voters

More lists with this book...

Sylvia
I am completely and utterly blown away by this book! It's bloody brilliant and extremely unforgettable. Seriously Abbi Glines you really know how to keep a reader captivated! Ok first of all I have to say that I won this ARC ebook from Abbi Glines herself and I want to thank her for the fantastic gift and opportunity to read it before anyone else ... thank you Abbi :) And secondly, OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! I sat at my Mac on a stool at the kitchen bench and broke my back and neck until I finished ...more
Ferdy
Spoilers

After literally going to hell and back, Pagan and Dank are finally together. Pagan and Dank's bliss is short lived when Leif, Pagan's soulless ex-boyfriend returns. Leif reveals that Pagan's soul was promised to him as a child in restitution for saving her life and that now he's back to collect what's his.

-The plot, the main characters and the romance were predictable, cheesy and dull.

-Pagan was a typical boring-weak-I-hate-anything-remotely-feminine-and-I-can-do-anythin-the-boys-can-do
Tarra

Okay, Okay. This one was better but only because Pagan wasn't whining about the "hole in her chest".

Don't get me wrong though, there was a permanent scowl on my face the whole time I read this book. The jealousy, Ugh. There was also still a considerable amount of growling thus ruining growling men for me forever. Thank you Abbikins, Thanks a lot...

The Rascillions:

Pagan: Still a super annoying A-hole. I don't understand her complete hatred for Leif. He's still a good guy!! He never once
Erin
It was such an incredibly long and painful wait to get my hands on this sequel, and I literally bought it the second I knew it was out on amazon!! I'm a huge fan of all of Abbi Glines' books, but the Existence Trilogy has always stood out as the one that really got to me. I could NOT wait to dive back into Dank and Pagan's story, and once again Abbi did not disappoint!!

Predestined begins with Pagan and Dank finally free to be together. They may seem like the typical teen couple on the outside,
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Much better than book 1. I'm going to tread lightly with this review. I need to write everything out quickly before some undetected annoyance triggers jump out from the shadows of my mind and manage to get me. As of right now, I don't recall coming across any in this book. Praise be! It's an early Christmas miracle! No sarcasm intended. I think I have less to complain about with this book than any other story I've encountered from this author. This was a nice little read.

However, I'm still stic
Say
Jan 22, 2012 Say marked it as to-read
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..............OMG!!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! thanks a lot ms. glines i thought existence is a stand alone book and with that ending.....EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

OMG!!! cool cover!!! love the eyes!!! can't wait!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Grace
Oh, COME ON!

The "cliffhanger" from the previous book is that Leif is not human. But better yet, it turns out that Pagan's (ugh) mother basically sold her to Leif's dad in a voodoo leukemia ritual when she was a toddler, so... Something. I don't know. Leif's got dibs.

And this turns Dank in to a raaaaaaaaging arsehole. Seriously, this book turned into Twilight Lite about five pages in. Spot the Cullen trademarks: Dank is able to read Pagan's mind, he ferries her around in his car (including all o
Meaganr
After reading the first book, and really, really enjoying it, I had a lot of expectations for this book to be just as good. Well, boy was I disappointed.

On a good note, the story line was definitely nothing that I've read before. There were plenty of aspects to it that were interesting, but I just found myself not loving it as much as the first one for a variety of reasons.

The first thing I want to complain about is the dreams that Pagan kept having frequently throughout the book. I hated read
Jane
Perhaps 2.5 stars would be a more apropriate rating for Predestined but I just couldn't give it 3 stars. When I read Existence I didn't notice how bad the writing actually was. It's either that or the author suddenly got worse at doing her job. And the names in the Existence Trilogy are just ridiculous. The entire story is actually a little bit ridiculous. I mean, seriously. Death himself is playing in a teenage rock band?! All that aside, I thought Dank (I really hate that name) was kind of hot ...more
Jessirae
Predestined by Abbi Glines is a sequel even better than the first. It’s edgier, sexier and will definitely take you by surprise at every turn. Predestined takes place a month after the ending to Existence where Abbi drops the biggest bomb on her readers. In this book, the decisions that the characters make will have devastating consequences that will change Pagan’s life forever.

I was so glad to be back into Pagan and Dank’s world. It was like a breath of fresh air that I hadn’t been able to take
Holly
I'd been looking forward to this book - the ending of existence had me screeching "NOOO" along with several expletives - what a cliff hanger!! So not only was I itching for the release of this one, but I also had high expectations.

It didn't disappoint. I actually feel like this one is even better than existence, it really is that good!! Plus I loved the bit where Dank gives the "autograph", laughed like an idiot at the message!!

I don't want to give anything away and ruin it for anyone but I real
Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
Ever since I read Existence I had this feeling that Leif would be the good guy he always seemed to be.This book was an incredible sequel to Existence.
When I started reading the book,my first thought was "Wow..Dank seems really possessive."I love how things have progressed between Dank and Pagan and how Dank is reacting to his own feelings,especially jealousy.
Firstly,the book starts with Leif missing and Pagan having nightmares about a boy who was always by her side when she needed someone to co
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.5-4.75 Stars

I really enjoyed this follow up to Existence. In fact, its pretty safe to say that I liked it a heck of a lot more. Lots of the questions I had after Book #1 were answered and for that I'm extremely grateful. Ok....So, before I continue with my review, I would like to take this moment to say that I have formed a heavy infatuation with Dank (a.k.a. Death). I've gotten over my dislike of his name and I am crushing on him. I want nothing more than for him and Pagan to find their HEA.
Jenn
4 Twist & Turn Stars

Wow. Abbi did it again. Sometimes I forget that Abbi even wrote this series. It's fantastic. And yes, once AGAIN, she played havoc with my tear ducts and heart strings.

What I loved:
1. The unexpected twists and turns
2. My love/hate relationship with Leif
3. Dual POV's of Dank & Pagan
4. Gee. How can you NOT love this crazy lady!
5. Being able to be with Death on his jobs in different kinds of scenarios
6. LOVED how this one ended as it left a bit of suspense

I'm excited t
AJ

I reread this book in October 2012 in anticipation for finally finishing off the trilogy, and I freaking loved it!

When the book starts Pagan and Dank are happily in love and living their lives as normally as is possible when one of you is Death. However Pagan is having weird dreams about her past, and then the mysterious Leif returns and things start to get really crazy. Dank goes into protective mode, roping Gee back into the action (which is a good thing because I love her!), and together he
Tammara
From my critique partner. A great follow-up to Existence (the first book in this fantastic trilogy), Predestined fills in lots of backstory, gives the relationship between Pagan and Dank more depth and explanation, and answers many of those nagging WTH-is-going-on-with-Leif questions. (Fans of Gee, never fear - her badassness remains so and then some.) Readers will leave this one knowing who the Bad Guy is, and be ready for the last book, Ceaseless, in September 2012.
Janelle Janica Gomez
Feb 14, 2012 Janelle Janica Gomez marked it as to-read
Pagan’s soul has been marked since birth as a restitution, to a spirit so dark not even Death walks near it. Dank knows saving Pagan’s soul won’t be easy but Pagan is his. And he’s already proven he’ll defy Heaven to keep her. If Hell wants a piece of him too, then bring it on.

*swoon.*

I absolutely can't wait for April 4 to come!
Zaara - thebookfreak
Aug 15, 2012 Zaara - thebookfreak is currently reading it
OK. I can't stand this book anymore. I can't stand DANK. I can't stand his name. I can't stand his feelings that are so lame and cheesy. I swear, I've never been bothered so much by a name, it's actually funny and stupied but names are so important to me. but arghhhhh why, why this dull,weird, awful name dank?
Anyway, this book could've been great if his name wasn't dank. Paagan was ok. Not great but understandable as a person.

I might pick this book up again. I'm not sure. I really liked the f
Michelle
OMG did someone turn up the heat in here! Predestined was sizzling. I have to say I enjoyed the second installment in the series more than I did the first. Ms. Glines takes things to a whole new level with her amazing story Predestined. I was totally engrossed in the story so much that I finished it is one seating. Sounds like I am talking about eating eh, well that is what it was like, savouring a fine wine to the last drop. I honestly couldn't put it down. I was captivated with the rich plot a ...more
Ellen
I have been anxiously awaiting this book since I read Existence, the first in the series. I love Abbi Glines and she has written another great paranormal romance in the second book of the Existence Trilogy, which is also filled with suspense, intrigue, and delves deep into the paranormal.

We came to know and love Dank (AKA Death) and Pagan in Existence. Pagan was a normal high school student who could see dead souls, which she ignored, and for the most part they left her alone when she ignored th
Nicole
Abby Glines, you are an absolute goddess for writing this trilogy and making fall in love with Death.. Dank. Dankmar. Whatever you want to call him.

Predestined really lived up to my expectations. And that is not an easy thing to do – I find that in trilogies, book 2 is usually the dud. You expect to experience all the things you loved in book 1 and more, and yet, it very rarely works out that way. Then by the time you read book 3 your hopes are much lower and/or the author actually has a real pl
Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog
So I'm completely and utterly in love with the growling HOT Death!!! Yup not going to lie...the power that comes with him, the fact that he is hot, he is a part time rock star and did I mention...he growls!!! Yum possessiveness is so ummmm attractive (?!) no wait HOT!!!!

Predestined was AMAZING! I'm kind of running out of ways to describe books...I think I've been spoilt by all these FAB-U-LUSH authors recently that I get lost for new words, instead I sit here with a silly grin on my face and gus
Anncleire
OMG Si il libro finisce peggio di Existence ma la Glines il mio nuovo idolo è un genio. Se non lo avete ancora fatto LEGGETE QUESTA SERIE. Non ve ne pentirete, Dank *Sbav*.

“Predestined” secondo volume della serie dopo “Existence” è uscito all’inizio di aprile e io l’ho aspettato poco per fortuna, visto che ho scoperto la Glines da pochissimo. Shame on me perché l’ho adorata dalla prima riga di “Breathe” e non l’ho mollata più. E questa serie è favolosa. Al contrario di molti volumi secondi che n
Alyssa
This book was good but not great. Honestly it seemed a little unfocused and disjointed to me. I guess I got that the central theme was about fending Leif off from Pagan's dreams, but for some reason the plot just didn't seem as strong to me as the first one did. That and the climax of this book seemed a little anticlimatic. Or I guess just everything in this book was like that for me, good but not great, I liked it but I didn't really feel a part of the book and I wasn't engrossed in it and lost ...more
Malissa
I don't want to say too much since this just recently came out. This was a fantastic sequel, I think it was better than Existence. I adore Dank and so happy he is more often referred to as Dankmar this time around, lol. He is such a sweet character and you can't help but want the best for him. Pagan is a strong female character who I am happy to say knows what she wants and takes it, but she is kind, compassionate, and loving as well. Gee as always is a blast and I have to say by the end Leif ha ...more
Marie
I loved this follow-up book! It was really good, and Danks jealous side? Omg made me weak, he is so HOT!
I gave this 4 stars because of Leif, I felt so sorry for him! Pagen just couldn't see past the whole 'not human' thing. It was Leifs father that wasn't giving her a choice and bounded her to the treaty with her mother. Leif genuinely loves her, anyone could see that! He helped Pagen- all those memories were so cute and lovely, it made me mad that she kept portraying him as the bad guy.
I felt
WOW....Abbie did it again. Predestined was AWESOME...I think it was even little better the Existence. I truly LOVED both of these books. I can't wait for Ceaseless (#3) to come out in September. She left us with another little cliffhanger...but not as bad as before. Just have to say Abbie is a wonderful writer...I have LOVED every one of her books. I will definitely recommend this series to everyone.
Christy
A great sequel to Existence! As a reader you get to look into Pagan's past and see why she can do what she does. I loved Dank as always... he make me laugh a few times which was nice (autograph haha) there were also some sad moments but overall I loved this book just as much as the first!

Really looking forward to the third one coming out this fall!
Autumn Review
Summary:
Pagan and Dank were looking forward to enjoying their relationship like a normal couple. However, Leif is still missing and the whole town is worried about him. The thing is...Pagan keeps having dreams about him. She knows she has some type of connection with Leif and knows he is something more than human. Pagan finds out that her soul has been marked and promised to another when she was a child. Dank won't stand for it though. He'll protect Pagan to the ends of hell. Literally.

My Take:
Kindle Book Sharing: * Predestined (Existence, #2) 1 5 Mar 01, 2014 04:56AM
Buddy Read Zone: Predestined (Existence Trilogy, #2) 12/28/12 99 26 Jan 09, 2013 11:32AM
  • Intuition (The Premonition, #2)
  • Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)
  • Consume (Devoured, #2)
  • United Eden (Eden Trilogy, #3)
  • Saving Grace (Mad World, #2)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Onyx (Lux, #2)
  • Scorched Skies (Fire Spirits, #2)
  • Kindred (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #2)
  • Touching Smoke (Touch, #1)
Since publishing her first novel Breathe in May of 2011, Abbi has also released The New York Times bestselling Seabreeze Series which includes Breathe, Because of Low, While It Lasts, Just For Now and Sometimes It Last, The Existence Trilogy that includes the USA Today Bestseller Ceaseless. New York Times and USA TODAY bestsellers The Vincent Boys and The Vincent Brothers. Last but not least her m ...more
More about Abbi Glines...
Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1) Never Too Far (Too Far, #2) Forever Too Far (Too Far, #3) Breathe (Sea Breeze, #1) The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1)

“Is this seat taken?" a warm sexy drawl asked and I lifted my gaze and smiled up at Dank.
"Yes. I'm saving it for my smoking hot boyfriend," I replied teasingly.
Dank slid in beside me and put his arm around my shoulder. "Hmmm, well he should have gotten here sooner. You snooze, you lose.”
138 likes
“What are you doing?"
"I'm going to enjoy a long overdue make-out session with my girl. That's what I'm doing." I explained, stepping into the room and closing the door behind me with one shove of my foot.”
85 likes