Start by marking “A Tale of 3 Witches” as Want to Read:
A Tale of 3 Witches

A Tale of 3 Witches (A Stacy Justice Mystery #2.5)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  513 ratings  ·  38 reviews
This is a short story
When a mysterious stranger invades Amethyst, IL, stealing souls to feed a demon and generally ruining Halloween for the local kids, three witches join forces to take him on.

This short story reunites Mara, Gus, Aunt Tillie and Grundleshanks the Toad (from the Toadwitch paranormal series) with Stacy Justice, the Geraghty Girls and Thor, the Great Dane,
Published December 25th 2011 by HekaRose Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Tale of 3 Witches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tale of 3 Witches

Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways
Rating: 3.5* of five

The Book Report: A Kindle original short story, in the Grundleshanks the Toad series. (Well, okay, the author doesn't call it that, but I do.) It's a crossover with another mystery series, the Stacy Justice mysteries, hence the collaborator listed, Barbra Annino. The story follows the action in [Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead], but I don't know where it falls in the Stacy Justice series as I've never read one of those.

Gus, Mara, and Aunt Tillie get a letter from Aunt Ti
Angela Oliver
Having read "Someone tell Aunt Tilly that she's dead" and finding this other story by the author (although this one is a collaboration), I thought it worth a go. It was entertaining enough, although it seemed to require knowledge of the previous book to develop any sort of empathy with the characters - I knew Mara and Gus, but had not met Stacy before. I would like to have got to know Stacy a bit better. Also, I'm not sure if two authors should collaborate on what is essentially a short novella, ...more
Ronda
I liked this book, A Tale of 3 Witches. It was a quick and quirky read, straight into a short story and one that I'd like to follow up with 'Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead'!!! Aunt Tillie played a fun part in this short novel and I bet the old timer is more than quirky in the next book!

Lesley
Jun 25, 2013 Lesley rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
The story centers around dead Aunt Tillie getting an invitation and a note to come to Amethyst IL because of something the author of the note (Birdie) read in the stars. This note also mentions the grand daughter (Stacy) who "... continues to fight against her destiny". So dead Aunt Tillie goes travels to Amethyst IL along with her great niece Mara and her housemate Gus, all of whom happen to be witches.

The first 3/4 of the novella was very promising. All of the characters were very well describ
Jaime Jeffrey
It was very good story but I found it confusing. I've never read any of the other books & didn't know it was part of a series, so I didn't know who all the different characters were & couldn't get a good picture of them in my mind. Julie Kenner, does an excellent job of tellin u who everyone is, in every book of The Demon Hunting Soccer Mom seies. She knows ppl will pick up 1 of her books w/out knowin it's part of a series. If the authors had done that w/ this book, I would have given it ...more
Amanda
Way too short! I was just really getting into the story and remembering who all the characters were when I realize I was halfway through the short story. I wanted so much more of the zanny fun that Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead brought to the table and I was disappointed when that fun was limited to around 50 pages. I still really enjoyed the short and I am going to try to read Opal Fire to learn more of the new characters introduced in the book. Only disappointment was that it felt too r ...more
Julia
So, this story apparently joins together the characters from 2 different series. I haven't read any of the previous books, but I enjoyed this one. Aunt Tilly was an annoying character, but Mara and Stacy were interesting. I am going to see if I can find the previous book in the series.
Kyra Dunst
I loved Miller's book, Somebody Tell Aunt Millie She's Dead, and this short story brings you back into Mara's world. Ghost frogs, soul stealers, and a crazy ghost aunt won't keep Mara down, even if the cards spell disaster. I like Christiana Miller's stories, and would recommend them to anyone.
Therese S Murray
Fun Romp!

Worth the read. 2 authors blending two lovable compatible worlds. Happy to meet Mara & Gus after having only met Stacy Justice prior. Looking forward to the Aunt Tilley books...
Melissa Resch
LOVE the characters!!! This could have been an excellent full length book. It was just too short, it felt rushed. Hope too see Mara, Gus, and Stacy join up again in a full length story!!
Kandy
A very interesting cute story written using characters from two different authors. I enjoyed bringing the different witches together. Fun read!
I was a little nervous about reading this short story, because I really didn't enjoy the solo effort I read by Christiana Miller. But, I decided to give it a go, because I can't help but be curious about the characters, even if I didn't care for the book.

I don't know if it was the fact that two author's collaborated on this one, but it flowed quite nicely, and I actually found myself wishing it was a little bit longer.

Also...I think I'm going to look into Barbara Annino's Stacy Justice series, b
Alicia
Lots going on. Not much detail so the story packed a lot in.
Linda
This is a short story co-authored by Barbara Annino AND Christiana Miller. It brings together their characters from the Stacy Justice Mysteries and from Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead in a very enjoyable story. I loved reading about all the characters from both sets of books again... This is a must-read tale for fans of either series (AND if you're a fan of one of the series, you need to read the other series!!!!!) Highly recommended****
Daniel Marvello
This was a fun light story that kept me reading through to the end. I admit to getting confused at times when several female characters are in the same scene--at one point I was certain the authors had messed up who was who but realized I was mistaken when I read back through it. The writing style has a "chick lit" feel to it, which is not a criticism, just an observation for those who may feel strongly about such things.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I love both Barbra Annino and Christiana Miller so I jumped at the chance to read a book that they created together involving two of my favorite characters to read about.

This is such a well written and fun story. A must read for any fans of the Stacy Justice series or Miller's books.
Selinalynn
adorable book with Mara, Gus and Tillie. We now meet Stacy, a witch mystery solver, who jumps off to her own line of stories. I love the humor and the way each character has their own craziness. My only complaint is that this is a very short book. I hope to see more of Mara and Gus soon!
Mariko Tsubaki
Although I have never read Christina Miller, I love the Stacy Justice series, so I thought I would give it a go. The ending felt rushed and I think it should have been longer. I still have not decided if I will be reading any more of C. Miller's books.
✿Emma-Louise Violet
So very pleased i read this after I had read ''Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead’’, would have spoiled a most enjoyable book for me otherwise. (the book being ''Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead’’)
Kelli
I think my disappointment with this short story was that it was too short. The plot line seemed rushed, and the authors tried to tackle too large of a story line to really do it justice.
Ashley
you can tell this book is co authored in a bad way. I get that they wanted to tie both of their series together but this didn't work. I am sorry I read this one.
Candi
Too short. Boring compared to "Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie", but I guess it was just an intro to Stacy Justice. I may have to check it out.
Aleta
Fun short story that unites the fantasy worlds of the two authors. I'm curious enough now to give their full-length books a try.
Debbie
I like both series and this short story was a fun read. I look forward to the next book in both of the series.
Sid333
Very funny. She worked with another author ether about gnomes or witches. That one was hilarious and addictive.
Vicki
I wish there were more books about Mara and Aunt Tillie! I'm going to read more of the Stacy Justice books.
Carmen
I haven't read either of the two series that are crossed-over here, but this was a cute, quick, fun read.
Jen
This was a really cute story. I enjoyed all the characters especially Gus and Mara.
Julie
No where near as good as the first one. It was a quick read, but I was disappointed.
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
  • Me and My Ghoulfriends (Larue Donavan, #1)
  • Every Witch Way But Wicked
  • The 13th
  • White Witch (Coven, #1)
  • Pretty Witches All in a Row
  • Mark of the Witch (Boston Witches, #1)
  • Cursed! (With Bonus Material!)
  • The Necromancer
  • Hilda - Snow White Revisited (Hilda the Wicked Witch #2)
  • Witch Way (Magical Holiday Tales, #1)
  • Elemental Magic (Elemental Magic, #1)
  • Crystal & Bone (October Girls, #1)

A Stacy Justice Mystery (7 books)
  • Opal Fire (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #1)
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
  • Tiger's Eye (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #3)
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #4)
  • Phantom Quartz (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #6)
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #5)
Somebody tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead (ToadWitch, #1) Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie We're In Trouble! (ToadWitch #2) The Thief Who Stole Midnight Self-Publishing on a Shoestring: Insanely Helpful Links For Indie Authors Love and Other Distractions: An Anthology by 14 Hollywood Writers