Start by marking “A Tale of 3 Witches” as Want to Read:
A Tale of 3 Witches

A Tale of 3 Witches (A Stacy Justice Mystery #2.5)

This is a short story
When a mysterious stranger invades Amethyst, IL, stealing souls to feed a demon and generally ruining Halloween for the local kids, three witches join forces to take him on.

This short story reunites Mara, Gus, Aunt Tillie and Grundleshanks the Toad (from the Toadwitch paranormal series) with Stacy Justice, the Geraghty Girls and Thor, the Great Dane,
Published December 25th 2011 by HekaRose Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Tale of 3 Witches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tale of 3 Witches

Richard Derus
Mar 31, 2012 Richard Derus rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5* of five

The Book Report: A Kindle original short story, in the Grundleshanks the Toad series. (Well, okay, the author doesn't call it that, but I do.) It's a crossover with another mystery series, the Stacy Justice mysteries, hence the collaborator listed, Barbra Annino. The story follows the action in [Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead], but I don't know where it falls in the Stacy Justice series as I've never read one of those.

Gus, Mara, and Aunt Tillie get a letter from Aunt Ti
Angela Oliver
Jan 05, 2013 Angela Oliver rated it liked it
Having read "Someone tell Aunt Tilly that she's dead" and finding this other story by the author (although this one is a collaboration), I thought it worth a go. It was entertaining enough, although it seemed to require knowledge of the previous book to develop any sort of empathy with the characters - I knew Mara and Gus, but had not met Stacy before. I would like to have got to know Stacy a bit better. Also, I'm not sure if two authors should collaborate on what is essentially a short novella, ...more
Sandra Lopez
Oct 22, 2015 Sandra Lopez rated it really liked it
As a huge fan of the TV show, Charmed, it was no big shock to why I wanted to read this book.

Just like the title suggests, this is a story of 3 witches.
Witch #1: Mara, who has a daughter with a mortal that worries that his baby may be the anti-Christ. Mara can communicate to ghosts, like her Aunt Tillie, the former super witch.
Witch #2: Stacy is a little more reluctant to her witch destiny. According to her grandma, she is “The Seeker.” Unlike Mara, she gets feelings and images of the dead.

Wi
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
A Tale of 3 Witches by Christiana Miller and Barbra Annino is a very fast paced paranormal short story full of adventure, fun, laughs, witches, a toad ghost, a soul stealer, soul eaters and a body snacher. The authors take you on a short journey on Halloween night to save the world from evil.

I think this would be a prefect little fun read if you are getting into the Halloween spirt but due to language I do not recommend for anyone under 18. This was a very quirky and cute story full of feisty p
Ronda
Mar 25, 2012 Ronda rated it liked it
I liked this book, A Tale of 3 Witches. It was a quick and quirky read, straight into a short story and one that I'd like to follow up with 'Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead'!!! Aunt Tillie played a fun part in this short novel and I bet the old timer is more than quirky in the next book!

Relina Skye
Apr 19, 2016 Relina Skye rated it it was amazing
"A Tale of 3 Witches" is a novella written by Christiana Miller and Barbra Annino. It combines popular characters from both author's series into one quick but fun read. Stacy Justice has a vision that worries her relatives. It's Halloween, and someone is stealing souls. Birdie, Stacy's grandmother, calls the coven for back up including Aunt Tillie. But since she's dead, Mara and Gus, travel to Amethyst, IL. to help.
Overall, it was a good read. A little too short for my taste. Though I was really
Lesley
Jun 25, 2013 Lesley rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
The story centers around dead Aunt Tillie getting an invitation and a note to come to Amethyst IL because of something the author of the note (Birdie) read in the stars. This note also mentions the grand daughter (Stacy) who "... continues to fight against her destiny". So dead Aunt Tillie goes travels to Amethyst IL along with her great niece Mara and her housemate Gus, all of whom happen to be witches.

The first 3/4 of the novella was very promising. All of the characters were very well describ
Jaime Jeffrey
Jun 26, 2013 Jaime Jeffrey rated it liked it
It was very good story but I found it confusing. I've never read any of the other books & didn't know it was part of a series, so I didn't know who all the different characters were & couldn't get a good picture of them in my mind. Julie Kenner, does an excellent job of tellin u who everyone is, in every book of The Demon Hunting Soccer Mom seies. She knows ppl will pick up 1 of her books w/out knowin it's part of a series. If the authors had done that w/ this book, I would have given it ...more
Amanda
Sep 22, 2012 Amanda rated it liked it
Way too short! I was just really getting into the story and remembering who all the characters were when I realize I was halfway through the short story. I wanted so much more of the zanny fun that Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead brought to the table and I was disappointed when that fun was limited to around 50 pages. I still really enjoyed the short and I am going to try to read Opal Fire to learn more of the new characters introduced in the book. Only disappointment was that it felt too r ...more
Denise
Apr 02, 2016 Denise rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-book-goal
'A Tale of 3 Witches' was a good, fast paced short story. The storyline was full of humor, sarcasm (one of my favorite attributes), great characters and quite the adventure. Mara and Gus were funny and quick witted. I loved their banter. Paul made me laugh with the way he is dealing with the fact that his infant daughter is a witch. I look forward to reading more of this series.
Karen
Jul 05, 2016 Karen rated it really liked it
Good short story. Not a full length book. I received a free copy and thoroughly enjoyed it. I also have book #1 Someone Tell Aunt Tilly She's Dead and now I wish I had read it first (and #2) because this story is after those stories. It didn't matter that much though and I plan to read book #1 now.
Natasha du Plessis
Apr 25, 2016 Natasha du Plessis rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this very short story. Loved the characters and the fast pace. This is the first book by Christiana Miller that I have read and this story can act as a stand alone as I did not feel that I missed something. A light enjoyable read perfect for when you are on holiday.
Julia
Aug 21, 2014 Julia rated it really liked it
So, this story apparently joins together the characters from 2 different series. I haven't read any of the previous books, but I enjoyed this one. Aunt Tilly was an annoying character, but Mara and Stacy were interesting. I am going to see if I can find the previous book in the series.
Julie Carter
Dec 13, 2015 Julie Carter rated it really liked it
It was nice to revisit some of my favorite characters from former books. I thought this was a fun little mystery, with the introduction of some characters from another series. As with most short stories, my only complaint is that it was over way too soon. Now I am ready for another long mystery from Christiana Miller!
Rebecca
Aug 09, 2016 Rebecca rated it really liked it
I haven't read any of the other books with these characters in them, but I really enjoyed it anyway. Very short, but I didn't feel cheated like I do sometimes when reading short stories or novellas. I will be looking up the series for these characters.
Kyra Dunst
Jan 31, 2014 Kyra Dunst rated it really liked it
I loved Miller's book, Somebody Tell Aunt Millie She's Dead, and this short story brings you back into Mara's world. Ghost frogs, soul stealers, and a crazy ghost aunt won't keep Mara down, even if the cards spell disaster. I like Christiana Miller's stories, and would recommend them to anyone.
Mary E. Adams
Mar 19, 2016 Mary E. Adams rated it it was amazing
Good read. Something that kids and adults will both enjoy.

Not as addicting as Aunt Tillie. Get to see more of the further adventures of Gus and Mara and introducing other witchy family members. Good rrad
Therese S Murray
Feb 06, 2015 Therese S Murray rated it really liked it
Fun Romp!

Worth the read. 2 authors blending two lovable compatible worlds. Happy to meet Mara & Gus after having only met Stacy Justice prior. Looking forward to the Aunt Tilley books...
D.S. Williams
Apr 05, 2016 D.S. Williams rated it liked it
This was a short sweet little book, more of an introduction to the characters than anything else. I enjoyed reading it, but didn't feel there was enough in it to decide if I wanted to learn more about the characters.
Melissa Resch
Jan 16, 2015 Melissa Resch rated it really liked it
LOVE the characters!!! This could have been an excellent full length book. It was just too short, it felt rushed. Hope too see Mara, Gus, and Stacy join up again in a full length story!!
Kandy
May 20, 2014 Kandy rated it really liked it
A very interesting cute story written using characters from two different authors. I enjoyed bringing the different witches together. Fun read!
Heather
May 28, 2016 Heather rated it really liked it
This is a quick, short read that revisits established characters and introduces new characters into the mix. Fast-paced, witchy thriller.
Pam Bales
Jan 22, 2016 Pam Bales rated it liked it
Good witch tale - Aunt Tilly is back. Possession, yet the witches rise to the rescue. Cute, short story
Mar 27, 2012 Jennifer rated it liked it
I was a little nervous about reading this short story, because I really didn't enjoy the solo effort I read by Christiana Miller. But, I decided to give it a go, because I can't help but be curious about the characters, even if I didn't care for the book.

I don't know if it was the fact that two author's collaborated on this one, but it flowed quite nicely, and I actually found myself wishing it was a little bit longer.

Also...I think I'm going to look into Barbara Annino's Stacy Justice series, b
Lynn
May 14, 2016 Lynn rated it liked it
very cute short story.. maybe more to follow? :)
Suzie
Feb 24, 2014 Ming rated it liked it
fun
Jannette Thompson
Apr 13, 2016 Jannette Thompson rated it really liked it
Cute story, left me wanting more of a story.
Alicia
Aug 23, 2014 Alicia rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-free
Lots going on. Not much detail so the story packed a lot in.
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
  • Me and My Ghoulfriends (Larue Donavan, #1)
  • The 13th
  • White Witch (Coven, #1)
  • Every Witch Way But Wicked
  • Mark of the Witch (Boston Witches, #1)
  • The Necromancer
  • Hilda - Snow White Revisited (Hilda the Wicked Witch #2)
  • Elemental Magic (Elemental Magic, #1)
  • Give Me (Wyrd and Fae #1)
  • Little Girl Lost (The Valley of Ten Crescents, #0.5)
  • The Vampire With the Dragon Tattoo
  • Only the Strongest Survive

A Stacy Justice Mystery (7 books)
  • Opal Fire (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #1)
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
  • Tiger's Eye (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #3)
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #4)
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #5)
  • Phantom Quartz (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #6)