Start by marking “Plan on It” as Want to Read:
Plan on It

Plan on It

3.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  148 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Six men in six months.
It's a logical plan to Professor Hattie McLean. Date 6 men in 6 months and one will be the clear choice to father her child. But biology involves the heart as well... even if she didn't plan on it!
Published (first published December 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Plan on It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plan on It

Angel **Book Junkie**
May 11, 2015 Angel **Book Junkie** rated it did not like it
I am sorry. This book bothered me to no end and I have no idea why. I read it like a week ago and remember NONE of it.. It bored me to tears and where I did find things that I could have liked nothing left a memory on my mind. I just could not love it like I wanted to!
Neanda
Mar 12, 2014 Neanda rated it it was ok
OK I managed to struggle through this book but only because I skimmed through a lot of it. I was bored and confused with all of the biology talk (and there was way too much of it). Also, I couldn't make myself like Hattie. I thought she was a boring character that spent too much time finding fault in other people. What I got out of it is that she doesn't seem to believe love is a true emotion even though she and people around her show love, whether it be her love for her friends, her very in lov ...more
Pat
Jul 30, 2012 Pat added it
I found this book to be very hard to get into. But if you stick with it, it turns out to be quite the page turner. All in all, and enjoyable read if you can get past the scientific terms.
Wendy
May 21, 2015 Wendy rated it liked it
I really love this author's style. I've read the Do Over and Back to U and actually laughed out loud while reading them. The author's sense of humor just cracks me up. But, those books are set in my stage of life: mother of kids. This story about a woman's biological clock kicking in was more difficult to relate to. Perhaps, a difficult subject to write about as women feel deeply and quite differently about having children. I could relate to the plan though: a checklist and systematic progressio ...more
Carrie
Feb 01, 2013 Carrie rated it really liked it
3.5 stars...still trying to process this one...I'll let you know when I can write something coherent.

Update...Ok. I think I figured out how to describe this book. And I'm bumping it to 4 stars. In the beginning, I found it hard to 'get' this book. I found the dialogue a little hard to follow. Sometimes it was difficult to understand who was talking. I would re-read to try and figure out who said that! But by about half way through the book, I got it. I could actually see the scenes as they might
Cindy
Jan 22, 2013 Cindy rated it liked it
It's been awhile since I have given a book a 3 star rating. I had a very difficult time getting into this book. Even thought about stopping but decided to read the reviews and became hopeful I would get into it. It does get better just over half way in but then I thought it slowed back up towards the end with the ending being fairly rushed. This book could have been much shorter by eliminating all the friend "banter" and classroom lessons. For me all that got to being very tedious and really dra ...more
Pauline Tilbe
Sep 09, 2012 Pauline Tilbe rated it really liked it
In this time of runaway best sellers, I always get a special thrill when I find a great book that all my friends AREN'T talking about....yet! I like to take the path less traveled. I discovered Kathy Dunnehoff via another author and I'm on a quest to read everything she's written so far.
This book was a bit slow to start, I thought. I think that slower start plays well with the fact that Hattie is an intellect, it takes some time to get to know her and understand her quirkiness.
Once the story g
Rebecca Hollingsworth
Jan 24, 2013 Rebecca Hollingsworth rated it it was amazing
At the beginning of this book, I was thinking, random thought much?!?!? I was not even sure I was going to be able to finish it unless I had an over abundance of coffee in my system, but the for whatever reason I just couldn't give up on it! I am so very thankful that I didn't! The story was great! I am glad I stuck with it! So here is 5 stars to you Kathy because anyone who can keep me sucked in a story line when I am questioning my sanity by reading it, is pretty darn good!
Sue Parker
Apr 06, 2013 Sue Parker rated it liked it
I must admit this was not what I expected. It starts off slow and doesn't pick up steam till about the sixth chapter. That being said I am glad that I don't give up easily. Once the story gets moving it did get good. Hattie thinks it will be easy to just pick a man to father a child for her. What she finds is totally opposite of what she is looking for.
Megan
Dec 03, 2012 Megan rated it liked it
took a bit to get into but then it got interesting. and then the last bit of it dragged in spots. some fuuny parts and fun banter between the friends. I found myself skimming parts that had gotten too wordy regarding things not related to the main story. ended op how you'd want it to but very abrupt.
Randy
Jun 15, 2012 Randy rated it really liked it
Great read for the summer! Funny, intelligent, it asks the question, "What does it mean these days to be a mother?" And then takes a novel look at the question. Dating, love, attraction, it's all there presented in a pleasant, funny style. Check it out and see!
Becky
Mar 20, 2013 Becky rated it it was ok
I felt the writing was hard to follow. I'm not sure I even liked the main character or her friend the medical sales rep. It was difficult to complete the book but I hate not knowing how a story ends so I skimmed most of it.
Ellen
The story start out pretty good but it went down hill pretty fast afterwards. I didn't even finish it, i tried too but after a few atempt i quite cause i didn't want to waste anymore of my time.
Grandma Georgia
Feb 15, 2013 Grandma Georgia rated it it was amazing
The author has a great command of intellectual ideas and sets them to humor. It takes a great command of language to pull off the serious with a laugh. This was fun to read!
Mutantreptile
Aug 26, 2012 Mutantreptile rated it it was ok
This was a first draft. Lots of gaps in the action, the chapter division needed to be planned out better, and I'm still not sure what happened at the end.
Stef
Feb 11, 2012 Stef rated it it was ok
local author, free on kindle, thought I would give it a try.
SandraE
Feb 27, 2016 SandraE rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Things never turn out like you want them to.
Mary
Alison
Feb 25, 2016 Alison added it
kindle 281
shelly hill
shelly hill marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Cath White
Cath White marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Brigitte
Brigitte marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Hallie
Hallie marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Marilynn
Marilynn rated it really liked it
May 19, 2016
diane campisi
diane campisi marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Tania
Tania marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
  • Francesca of Lost Nation
  • No Matter What
  • A Dignified Exit
  • Kissing Kelli  (Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy, #1)
  • Star Fish
  • Free Gift with Purchase
  • The Girl From Long Guyland
  • Crazy Love (Looking for Love, #2)
  • Memories
  • The Dating intervention
  • Do or Di
  • Forty Years Later
  • The Siren of Paris
  • Always the Designer, Never the Bride (Emma Rae Creations, #3)
About the Author
Kathy Dunnehoff is the Amazon bestselling author of the romantic comedies The Do-Over, Plan On It, Back To U, and Hollywood Beginnings (A Quick Read).

Despite her M.F.A. in Creative Writing from the University of Montana, she finds herself warehouse shopping for ketchup way too often, blogging and tweeting about the mixed joys of mid-life, and guarding writing time from family inv
More about Kathy Dunnehoff...