Start by marking “Amethyst Moon (1Night Stand, #73; Prides of the Moon, #5)” as Want to Read:
Amethyst Moon (1Night Stand, #73; Prides of the Moon, #5)

Amethyst Moon (Prides of the Moon #5)

Noah Braxton's world has been turned inside out and upside down ever since the fateful moment six months ago when he was turned into a shifter by a dying college girl. She made him promise to look after her sister, Giselle, and in an effort to soothe her he promised her that he would, not realizing the sacrifices he would have to make to keep that promise. Bound by his oat ...more
Published December 25th 2011 by Decadent Publishing Company, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Amethyst Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amethyst Moon

Serena Yates
Jan 05, 2012 Serena Yates rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-m
Amethyst Moon, the fifth book in the Prides of the Moon series, is the sequel to Onyx Moon. It continues the story of Marcus and Vashan and, to my delighted surprise, gave these two a male third mate in Noah. Not only that, but the entire situation is slightly complicated due to the fact Noah is a turned shifter, not a born one. In this ‘world’, this means a few rules are just slightly different and I really enjoyed finding out more about that.

Noah is torn between two worlds, and the conflict wi
April
Oct 02, 2014 April rated it really liked it
This book has a great story but there is a lot of angst. Noah is in a tough place trying to get a feel for his place in a new world. This book is an MMM, which is not generally my thing.

Still great read with wonderful story telling. I was hoping for more on the mysterious bad shaman. That bit of the series seems to be dragging. I would love more detail and a resolution to that problem soon.

Still a great series that packs loads of story into an itty bitty space.
Evita
Nov 23, 2012 Evita rated it really liked it
Such great conflict in this story...Noah is a turned shifter, after a promise is made; he finds it hard to keep that promise that would bond him with his Alpha female, because he is gay. He turns to Madame Eve of the 1NS matchmaking service to find a male that he can bond with and then in turn that male will bond his Alpha.

Marcus and Vashan, from the previous story in the series, are looking for a female to complete their Pride and instead find Noah and are tremendously attracted to him. However
Kelly
Two things here really floated my boat -- the dominance and submission games that shifters instinctively tune into and the guy on guy on guy action. Seriously sexy in a way that makes me want to read more. I love love love that Noah had to fight through his reluctance in accepting a submissive role to Marcus. As a man, he was a dominant yet as a turned shifter, he has to submit to his Alpha to form the proper bonds. When Marcus, Vashan, and Noah get down to business, they do it with style. Hot, ...more
Tracie Runge
Apr 20, 2013 Tracie Runge rated it really liked it

Amethyst Moon

Noah Braxton is a turned shifter bound to protect Giselle alpha of the Opal Waters Pride. He has been summoned by Giselle to meet with the alpha of the Onyx Moon Pride and his beta.

Marcus Galin alpha of the Onyx Moon Pride and his beta Vashan Dulphine have come to the Opal Waters Pride to meet with Giselle in hope that she is the mate they have been looking for to complete their union.

When Marcus & Vashan arrive they are taken by the gorgeous man that waits for them at their des
Becky Condit
Jan 29, 2012 Becky Condit rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Stars!

Ms Mayburn’s world building abilities get stronger with each episode of the Moon Pride series. She lays down rules and then has these amazing shifters and magicians fit their personalities into the tracks they have to follow. What began as a character-driven series has morphed into more of a plot-driven series and with this short story left me very anxious for the next one, hopefully when we will meet the beautiful Alpha herself, Giselle. These are lovely, sexy short stories that tog
Regencyfan93
Sep 05, 2016 Regencyfan93 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own-it
I was able to feel the tension in Noah between his dominant personality and his needs as a beta. I read this as part of the bundle and later as a standalone story for a reader challenge. I enjoyed it both times.
Toni
Apr 28, 2013 Toni rated it really liked it
Shelves: cbrrc-s
Please stop by and read my review at CBLS Reviews.
Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly
I won this from a Decadent Publishing promo event.
Susan
Mar 14, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
this one grabbed me from the start, fast paced and edgy .
Kaila
Feb 14, 2013 Kaila rated it really liked it
Good twists in this one
Jєѕѕαღ
Jєѕѕαღ marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Nina
Nina added it
Aug 11, 2016
Marietjie Spangenberg
Marietjie Spangenberg marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Hayley Manuel
Hayley Manuel rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Violet
Violet marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
J.L.Hewittswansea.Ac.Uk
J.L.Hewittswansea.Ac.Uk rated it did not like it
May 25, 2016
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Chantalbt1980 B
Chantalbt1980 B marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Lucy Alay
Lucy Alay marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Beneath the Starry Sky (1Night Stand, #70)
  • Blue Cruise (1Night Stand, #57; Turkish Delights, #2)
  • Ghost of a Chance (1Night Stand, #45)
  • I'll Be Mated for Christmas (1Night Stand, #65)
  • Claimed by the Alphas (Claimed, #1-6)
  • Panties Optional (1Night Stand, #8)
  • Fairy Casanova (1Night Stand, #7)
  • Strawberry Kisses (1Night Stand, #29)
  • Forever Bound (1Night Stand, #5)
  • Night Mission (1Night Stand, #19)
  • From Man to Man (Wroge Elements, #0.5)
  • Tamed by the Mistress (Mistress of the City, #2)
  • Bear It All (1Night Stand, #25)
  • The Neighbor 4-6 [Box Set]: Lust in the Suburbs (The Neighbor-Box Set Book 2)
  • A Multitude of Sins
Ann is Queen of the Castle to her wonderful husband and three sons in the mountains of West Virginia. In her past lives she's been an Import Broker, a Communications Specialist, a US Navy Civilian Contractor, a Bartender/Waitress, and an actor at the Michigan Renaissance Festival. She also spent a summer touring with the Grateful Dead(though she will deny to her children that it ever happened).

Fro
More about Ann Mayburn...

Prides of the Moon (6 books)
  • Amber Moon (1Night Stand, #23; Prides of the Moon, #1)
  • Emerald Moon (1Night Stand, #30; Prides of the Moon, #2)
  • Turquoise Moon (1Night Stand, #37; Prides of the Moon, #3)
  • Onyx Moon (1Night Stand, #59; Prides of the Moon, #4)
  • Opal Moon (Prides of the Moon, #6; 1Night Stand, #119)