Start by marking “Amethyst Moon (1Night Stand, #73; Prides of the Moon, #5)” as Want to Read:
Amethyst Moon (1Night Stand, #73; Prides of the Moon, #5)

Amethyst Moon (Prides of the Moon #5)

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Noah Braxton's world has been turned inside out and upside down ever since the fateful moment six months ago when he was turned into a shifter by a dying college girl. She made him promise to look after her sister, Giselle, and in an effort to soothe her he promised her that he would, not realizing the sacrifices he would have to make to keep that promise. Bound by his oat ...more
Published December 25th 2011 by Decadent Publishing Company, LLC (first published December 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Amethyst Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amethyst Moon

Serena Yates
Amethyst Moon, the fifth book in the Prides of the Moon series, is the sequel to Onyx Moon. It continues the story of Marcus and Vashan and, to my delighted surprise, gave these two a male third mate in Noah. Not only that, but the entire situation is slightly complicated due to the fact Noah is a turned shifter, not a born one. In this ‘world’, this means a few rules are just slightly different and I really enjoyed finding out more about that.

Noah is torn between two worlds, and the conflict wi
April
This book has a great story but there is a lot of angst. Noah is in a tough place trying to get a feel for his place in a new world. This book is an MMM, which is not generally my thing.

Still great read with wonderful story telling. I was hoping for more on the mysterious bad shaman. That bit of the series seems to be dragging. I would love more detail and a resolution to that problem soon.

Still a great series that packs loads of story into an itty bitty space.
Evita
Such great conflict in this story...Noah is a turned shifter, after a promise is made; he finds it hard to keep that promise that would bond him with his Alpha female, because he is gay. He turns to Madame Eve of the 1NS matchmaking service to find a male that he can bond with and then in turn that male will bond his Alpha.

Marcus and Vashan, from the previous story in the series, are looking for a female to complete their Pride and instead find Noah and are tremendously attracted to him. However
Kelly
Two things here really floated my boat -- the dominance and submission games that shifters instinctively tune into and the guy on guy on guy action. Seriously sexy in a way that makes me want to read more. I love love love that Noah had to fight through his reluctance in accepting a submissive role to Marcus. As a man, he was a dominant yet as a turned shifter, he has to submit to his Alpha to form the proper bonds. When Marcus, Vashan, and Noah get down to business, they do it with style. Hot, ...more
Regencyfan93
I was able to feel the tension in Noah between his dominant personality and his needs as a beta. I read this as part of the bundle and later as a standalone story for a reader challenge. I enjoyed it both times.
Tracie Runge

Amethyst Moon

Noah Braxton is a turned shifter bound to protect Giselle alpha of the Opal Waters Pride. He has been summoned by Giselle to meet with the alpha of the Onyx Moon Pride and his beta.

Marcus Galin alpha of the Onyx Moon Pride and his beta Vashan Dulphine have come to the Opal Waters Pride to meet with Giselle in hope that she is the mate they have been looking for to complete their union.

When Marcus & Vashan arrive they are taken by the gorgeous man that waits for them at their des
Becky Condit
4 1/2 Stars!

Ms Mayburn’s world building abilities get stronger with each episode of the Moon Pride series. She lays down rules and then has these amazing shifters and magicians fit their personalities into the tracks they have to follow. What began as a character-driven series has morphed into more of a plot-driven series and with this short story left me very anxious for the next one, hopefully when we will meet the beautiful Alpha herself, Giselle. These are lovely, sexy short stories that tog
Toni
Please stop by and read my review at CBLS Reviews.
Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly
I won this from a Decadent Publishing promo event.
Susan
this one grabbed me from the start, fast paced and edgy .
Kaila
Good twists in this one
Night Goddess
Night Goddess marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Zaynah
Zaynah marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
t star
t star marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Hanna
Hanna marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Tiina Maalismaa
Tiina Maalismaa marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
donna
donna marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Shamona Hagan
Shamona Hagan marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
  • Beneath the Starry Sky (1Night Stand, #70)
  • Blue Cruise (1Night Stand, #57; Turkish Delights, #2)
  • Shadowed Soul (1Night Stand, #41)
  • I'll Be Mated for Christmas (1Night Stand, #65)
  • Jungle Inferno (Phoenix Agency, #1)
  • The Neighbor 4-6 [Box Set]
  • Ghost of a Chance (1Night Stand, #45)
  • Strawberry Kisses (1Night Stand, #29)
  • Bear It All (1Night Stand, #25)
  • Chosen by the Alpha (Smut-Shorties, #15) (Mistress of the City, #03)
  • His Last (Unlikely Mates, #2)
  • Wet Dream (1Night Stand, #24)
  • Claimed by the Alphas: Part Two
  • Sweet Irish Kiss (1Night Stand, #39; Irish Kisses, #1)
Ann is Queen of the Castle to her wonderful husband and three sons in the mountains of West Virginia. In her past lives she's been an Import Broker, a Communications Specialist, a US Navy Civilian Contractor, a Bartender/Waitress, and an actor at the Michigan Renaissance Festival. She also spent a summer touring with the Grateful Dead(though she will deny to her children that it ever happened).

Fro
More about Ann Mayburn...

Prides of the Moon (6 books)
  • Amber Moon (1Night Stand, #23; Prides of the Moon, #1)
  • Emerald Moon (1Night Stand, #30; Prides of the Moon, #2)
  • Turquoise Moon (1Night Stand, #37; Prides of the Moon, #3)
  • Onyx Moon (1Night Stand, #59; Prides of the Moon, #4)
  • Opal Moon (Prides of the Moon, #6)
Exquisite Trouble (Iron Horse MC, #1) Exquisite Danger (Iron Horse, MC #2) Ivan's Captive Submissive (Submissive's Wish, #1) My Wicked Valentine (Club Wicked, #1) My Wicked Nanny (Club Wicked, #2)