Start by marking “Coming Home” as Want to Read:
Coming Home

Coming Home

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  466 ratings  ·  51 reviews
Veterinarian Nicole Ross has a thriving practice, a son she adores, and a happy life. But when she has to fly to her sick father's bedside, she comes face to face with the man who broke her heart so many years ago.

Wyatt Clayton has come a long way from his bad-boy youth and now runs his family ranch. Still, seeing Nicole again rocks his world and causes him to remember tho
Published December 23rd 2011 by LK Books

To ask other readers questions about Coming Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Home

Kristin's Kindle
I was really torn about how to rate this book. It's more than a 2 star but not quite a 3 star, I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. So in the interest of fairness, I rounded up and gave it 3 stars.

The sexual tension and overall attraction Wyatt and Nicole felt for each other was well-written as was the love/hate thing they had going on. That worked and kept my interest.

Nicole and Wyatt are likable enough but for two people who are adults, they often came across as immature throughout th
Christina Rodriguez
Christina's BookReview

RECAP

Nicole Ross left her hometown of in Florida and vowed to never return. When her father needs her back home she rushes back and comes face to face with the man that broke her heart many years ago. The man that she just can't let go of.

Wyatt Clayton has been through a lot in his life and came out on top. But no matter what has happened he can't shake Nicole from his thoughts. When she returns after over a decade of absence he isn't ready for the feelings that overtake hi
Ceri
I got this as an Amazon freebie. Often these are of variable quality but this one was very good, no errors, absorbing story. The story deals with Nicky, who hasn't been to her father's home town since the summer her heart got broken, 11 years ago. Of course, the man she has been avoiding is there too...

You realise early on that there has been a serious miscommunication between Nicky and Wyatt and the rest of the story deals with them realising this and dealing with it.

Although I found the story
Scott-robert Shenkman
It’s not really a secret, to us that is, since the author tells us in her introduction. Now anyone who reads my reviews knows that I find the concept of the “secret baby” repulsive, and that, unless Dad is a serial killer, rapist, or abuser, every child should have a chance to know their father, and as early as possible. So I get really annoyed at the female MC when she hides the kid from the father – unless she tried to contact him and that didn’t work or if other people deceived her into not c ...more
Nancy Crocker
Wonderful love story between two young adults. With misunderstandings and interference from others that helped to keep these young lovers apart for 11 years.

The story begins with Nicole returning to Florida after her Father suffers from a heart attack. She is met by Wyatt her one and only true love. Right from the start you feel the Hurt, Anger & Passion between these two. But being back together is all it will take to get the flames burning once again. And yes the flames reunite in this ro
Kristine
Wow.... So many acts of deceit, misunderstanding, and miscommunication lead to a family being ripped apart for 11 years but every single little step is believable and woven together to cause the separation.

I thought this was a wonderful love story of 2 young people separated by accidental and intentional acts from the main adults in their lives, which results in resentment, lost love and a child who doesn't know his father for his first 10 years of his life.

When finally reunited after a decade
Petra Grayson
I've liked a lot of Leslie Kelly books, so I picked this one up when I saw I saw a couple Leslie Kelly books on sale. Writing-wise, I liked the book. I like the way the words are put together. The story line felt pretty forced though. Everything was based so much on the word choice of the characters. If they would have chosen one different word to say in any of the 10+ conversations they had, the conflict would have been totally different. I wanted to beat my head against a wall multiple times a ...more
Paula Robinson
I liked Wyatt and Nicole's story. It was very thought provoking and gave quite an example of how miscommunication can change the course of people's lives. Their love story was full of ups and downs, but they did what needed to be done to make sure things worked out. My favorite scene was the family trip. It really tugged at my heart strings. It was in this scene where i feel Kelly revealed the most about both characters and their insecurities. Loved the epilogue as well, and I hope to come acros ...more
Liza
Cute read!
Faye
Veterinarian Nicole returns home when her father falls ill. She meets the former love of her life Wyatt. He is now in charge of the family upscale ranch. When Nicole's son arrives Wyatt realizes he is the father. It is not smooth, but eventually they become a happy family after Nicole and Wyatt discover they have loved each other forever. It is a nice story, but probably to good to ever be true.
Nicole's mother is the most unlikeable character in the book.

Julie
I will start off by saying I love Leslie Kelly and I will read anything she writes. Wyatt and Nicole's story is very sweet and tragic because of all the time they lost while separated for 11 years. I won't give away any secrets but it a very sweet story. It has a good story line and just enogh sexy chemistry to keep it interesting. It is kind of predictable but a very goos feel good read.
Poonam

As usual I love this story. It had been such a big misunderstanding between Wyatt and Nicole. I kept on reading , holding my emotions and hoping that the truth be revealed quickly. Love the hot romantic moments too. I feel for Wyatt how many years he didn't get to be with his son Justin because of misunderstanding, miscommunication and lies too. Am glad to read the happy ending . Sigh!
Char (1RadReader59)
Nicole & Wyatt were such a pleasure to read about. Young love that hits some major bumps in the roads & the adults in their lives get involved with. Years go by to find out that the adults got it all wrong & caused them to miss out on what could have been a beautiful life together. Or, can it still be? I totally enjoyed this story that envoolved so many twist & turns in this couples life.
Karen
On the surface 'Coming Home' had what appeared to be a standard storyline. There were enough clues along the way for me to have a pretty good idea where the plot was going. The beauty with this story was how it got there. I really enjoyed how the author managed to tell the story without making any one person the villain.

A great kindle freebie that I really enjoyed picking up.
Lisa A
Another great book, easy read, couldn't put it down!! Loved the characters except Nicole's mom, she was a horror. Spoiler*** Loved how they found each other again after all the time apart. Didn't like all the lies and deception that kept them apart and their family. So glad there was an epilogue with a happily ever after, weddings and new babies make it a very good ending!!
Lisa
This was a cute story where young lovers are separated and misunderstandings keep them apart and bitter. Nicole and Wyatt haven't seen each other in 10 years but never got over the love the carried for the other. When Nicole's father has a heart attack she is forced back into a life around Wyatt. Their lives become quite different as the pieces of the past fall into place.
Kstar0330
Another great story by Leslie Kelly. I absolutely Loved it!! Sweet, cute, a little tearful, definitely some steamy sexy moments as well, and just an all around great little story to read. A possible second chance at romance and to finally know the truth of what really happened. Loved the sweet little ending. :)
Brandi
Here's to a great, you know what will happen romance. Sometimes, you read a book with no real surprises and it ends exactly how you thought it would, and you're okay with that. I liked Nicole and Wyatt, and Bradley 's evil self added a nice villainous spin. It's worth the time to read.
Dena
It's worth the read. The plot, characters, and details are all laid out perfectly. You will enjoy a great romance story
Angie
cool book. i liked the characters, the plot and the twists. grabbed me from the first page and didnt let go until it was over and the last word was read. gotta love you a country boy or should i say hott man. definatley a book worth reading.
Joni
Oh what a heartbreaking and sweet story this was. Miscommunication can lead to so many things. I don't want to give away any spoilers so you will have to read it to see what happens.This was a great read and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Samantha Fleming
There's not much I can say apart from this was an enjoyable read. I loved the ending lots. I just wish their history didn't come up as often as it did. Somehow I find that I like books where the father has no idea he has a son.
Necole Moreau
This was an amazing book. I could not put it down. The author brought it alive to me. I would love to see a sequel to this and watch Justin and Jessica grow up.
Donna Porter
I thought this was a great love story and I enjoyed reading it very much. It is not a long book but it is a good story. I would recommend this book to romance readers
Janet
Sucked me in from word one but not the kind of book I want to read every day.

A story told many ways, many times, although ok nothing outstanding.
Angela Ruble Scott
It was a good book about lovers that have loved and lost. Thought that there could have been a little more detailed to take it over the top.
Sarina Bowen
Aug 21, 2014 Sarina Bowen added it
Shelves: romance
This book is sweet and well edited. But it requires a hefty suspension of disbelief.

No that there's anything wrong with that.
Shirley
This was a light romantic story that I thoroughly enjoyed! It's been awhile since I've read a good romance!!!
Lyndi
So predictable, I'm done with romance novels! Was speed reading and skimming through half the book.
Hope~The Click Happy Clicker
Sweet easy read with a HEA. It had "The Notebook" kinda vibe, which is never a problem.
  • Under Currents
  • Falling For Nick
  • Full Circle
  • Necessary Detour
  • Some Day Somebody (La Fleur de Love, #1)
  • Your Gift to Me
  • It's In His Kiss
  • At the Cowboy's Mercy (Taming the Cowboy, #1)
  • More Than Memories
  • Second Harmony
  • The Silken Edge (Silken Edge, #1)
  • The Broken Road (The Broken Road, #1)
  • Seventy-Two Hours
  • Montana Reunion (Montana, #1)
  • Harm's Hunger (Bad in Boots, #1)
  • Her Fated Cowboy (Harland County, #1)
  • Olivia
  • The Fire Still Burns

New York Times Bestselling author, Leslie Kelly writes sexy romances and dark romantic thrillers. A four-time RWA RITA Award nominee, eleven-time Romantic Times Award nominee and 2006 RT Award winner, Leslie has become known for her delightful characters, sparkling dialogue
More about Leslie Kelly...
Slow Hands (Harlequin Blaze, #402) Heated Rush Angel Baby Overexposed (The Bad Girls Club) (Harlequin Blaze #347) One Wild Wedding Night (Santori Stories, #6)