Start by marking “The Walking Dead, Omnibus 2” as Want to Read:
The Walking Dead, Omnibus 2

The Walking Dead, Omnibus 2 (The Walking Dead: Omnibus editions #2)

4.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  352 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
This deluxe hardcover features the next 24 issues of the hit series (along with covers) all in one massive, oversized slip-cased volume. Perfect for longtime fans, new readers, and anyone needing a heavy object with which to fend off The Walking Dead. Strictly limited to a print run of 3,000. Collects The Walking Dead #24-48.
Published December 27th 2011 by Image Comics (first published January 27th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Walking Dead, Omnibus 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Walking Dead, Omnibus 2

Paul
Nov 02, 2013 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To tell you the truth, if it weren`t for the TV series, I doubt I would have enjoyed this book as much as I did.
I really liked both the parallels and the tangents the book takes from the series.

This second Omnibus ends on a hell of a cliff hanger, so obviously, I am going to HAVE to order the third volume now, right? It`s good story-telling and I can`t wait to find out what happens next.
Mike Horne
Apr 07, 2013 Mike Horne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have now read over 100 volumes of this comic. For a comic, it is very good. The zombies really become minor as the apocalyptic story unfolds. As Hobbes say--Life in the state of nature (with just humans, not zombies) is nasty, brutish, and short. Good characters (who develop and die off like no other comic), good dialogue (nice conversation about Jesus revealing himself to the heathens), edge of your seat excitement make this a comic to follow! I have only seen the first season of the TV serie ...more
Janet
May 26, 2016 Janet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This set of issues really turns the blood/violence up to 11 compared to the 1st collection. I know it's a horror series, but yeesh!
Danyka
Feb 12, 2014 Danyka rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Watched the series, but not read this.
Elise Oliver
Feb 16, 2013 Elise Oliver rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kirkman is nothing short of a genius. I love everything about this series. It delves into all the questions we have about humanity, loss, insanity and post apocalyptic flesh eating zombies. The storyline is wonderful and really makes you question your own humanity in a way I never thought possible. Harrowing and tormenting in some parts. Beautifully gory in others. A must must must read for any zombie or apocalypse lover. They are the greatest horror based graphic novels out there.
Brooke R. Busse
Oct 16, 2014 Brooke R. Busse rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I'm really enjoying reading the graphic novel form of this story. It's interesting to see the differences between the original material and the TV show. However, I think having watched the TV series sort of dulled the effect of this book for me. That was the only pitfall though. I'm excited to continue reading past Issue 48.
Iira
Jan 18, 2015 Iira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just as good as the first omnibus - if not better. Crueler, for sure. Trying to not to think of the plot in the tv-series brings a challenge, but since quite a lot of different people are dead, it gets easier. Can't wait for the next one, but at the same time I feel I must save it so I won't run out...
Bradley
Aug 19, 2012 Bradley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love how this was offered to fans from Comixlogy site and app. It is a greatest collection ever for Walking Dead fans. I read on my Kindle Fire or my Galaxy Player. The Digital edition is very different and only offered during the 100 sale. It is 909 pages long where the hardcover is around 500.
Roger
Jan 24, 2010 Roger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I mean, seriously. This series is so good. Like the rest of the Robert Kirkman books I've read, I just get hooked and stay that way, straight through to the end. Then, when it's over, I want more. no, not want, I need more.
Juliezs
Yes, I admit it, I love a good zombie story (or movie). This series has all the spectacular gore, intense surprises and crazy situations. But it also has a lot of great examination of human reactions to the unthinkable.
Robert
Jun 23, 2016 Robert rated it it was amazing
Still very different from the tv series, much crueler and bloodier. That's a good thing in my opinion.
Clay
Mar 11, 2009 Clay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! Incredible read and when you finish you know that this is survival horror at it's best.
Chuck Pratt
Sep 13, 2011 Chuck Pratt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just as well done as the earlier volumes in the series. Kirkman is fantastic!
Jerry Da Jerk
WOW WOW JUST FUCK'N WOW
Jim Hardison
Apr 11, 2011 Jim Hardison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Relentless.
Angie
Jesus Christ, A+.
Peter Martelli
Jul 24, 2012 Peter Martelli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
...holy s**t
Kris Parmenter
Kris Parmenter marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Ryan Horvath
Ryan Horvath rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2016
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Luella Diaz
Luella Diaz marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Carrie Harmon
Carrie Harmon rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2016
Gracey Strickland
Gracey Strickland marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Clare McGuire
Clare McGuire rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2016
Jorge Mario
Jorge Mario marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2016
Isabel Diaz
Isabel Diaz marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Royce J. Rivera
Royce J. Rivera rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2016
Ben Drury
Ben Drury rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Elizabeth Rowland
Elizabeth Rowland marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
  • Saga #9
  • The Goon, Volume 8: Those That Is Damned
  • Hellboy Library Edition, Volume 6: The Storm and The Fury and The Bride of Hell (Hellboy, #11-12)
  • Criminal: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 2
  • 100 Bullets: The Deluxe Edition Book 3
  • Chew: The Omnivore Edition, Vol. 3
  • Astonishing X-Men Omnibus
More about Robert Kirkman...

The Walking Dead: Omnibus editions (6 books)
  • The Walking Dead, Omnibus 1