Start by marking “Unexpected Pleasures (English Tudor, #3)” as Want to Read:
Unexpected Pleasures (English Tudor, #3)

Unexpected Pleasures (English Tudor #3)

A mistress of medieval romance. --"RT Reviews"
A Dangerous Game
As Lady Justina Wincott's brutal guardian, Viscount Biddeford promises any disobedience from her will cost her son dearly. A pawn in his games of court treachery, the beautiful widow is forced to tempt secrets from his enemies and seduce allegiance from his friends. Yet even Biddeford's wrath won't make Justin
Published June 1st 2012 by Brava (first published May 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected Pleasures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected Pleasures

Carol Storm
May 20, 2017 Carol Storm rated it really liked it
Wonderful Tudor romance with tons of sex and intrigue -- much darker than the usual historical romance!

Justina is a very dangerous choice for a heroine. Everyone knows that readers want virgins -- or widows with clean reputations. But Juliana, through no fault of her own, is a slut. Her husband is dead and her hateful legal guardian Lord Biddeford literally pimps her out to any nobleman at court with money or influence to offer.

The only man who sees Justina's secret pain is Synclair, a knight w
Alycia
This book had real potential, in the end I just found it mediocre. Enjoyable enough to keep reading, but one that will be forgettable. I loved that this book took place during the end of King Henry VIII reign. His health was rapidly declining, death was eminent. His last wife, Queen Catherine Parr cleared her name and head from the block. All children of Henry's are re-legitimized and court games and intrigue about. This book is supposed to be loosely connected to two other books, but can be rea ...more
Virginia Campbell
Jun 01, 2012 Virginia Campbell rated it really liked it
Author Mary Wine's "Unexpected Pleasures" is well-written with a wounded heroine, a seductive knight, and more than one dastardly villain. However, this book is a sequel to "Improper Seduction", picking up where the first book ended. I have not read "Improper Seduction", and I felt like I was really missing the first three quarters of a big book. "Unexpected Pleasures" would be the fourth quarter of the book--a sensual and suspenseful conclusion. It does indeed offer "pleasures" from a skilled s ...more
BRNTerri
Mar 16, 2012 BRNTerri rated it liked it
Shelves: no-longer-own
What a disappointment. Neither main character was very interesting to me nor was the thin plot, which was too tame and boring. Justina is under the thumb of a terrible man, Biddeford. He's the most interesting character in the book. Predictably, bad things come his way.

Synclair is very alpha and I never understood his obsession with wanting to marry Justina. The sex scenes were very explicit and I enjoyed them. Sadly, the sex was the best part of the whole story.

This was my first Mary Wine boo
Kelsey
May 21, 2012 Kelsey rated it it was ok
Lady Justina Wincott has been under the thumb of her guardian, Viscount Biddeford, since she became a widow. She has played his games for way to long and is yearning for her freedom. Unfortunately she has her son to think of and Biddeford has threatened to bring him to court is he doesn’t obey. During a very tumultuous time (King Henry is on his deathbed) greed has become prominent in many men. Justina’s wealth has many men campaigning for her hand. The dashing Synclair only wants Justina, not h ...more
My Book Addiction and More MBA
UNEXPECTED PLEASURES by Mary Wine is another wonderful historical romance set in Regency era. English court at it's worst! Lady Justina Wincott is manipulated by a brutal guardian,Viscount Biddeford into doing his bidding in order to save guard her son.Enter,Sir Synclair,who gained his knighthood through honor,blood and muck,he is not so easily manipulated as Biddeford would like,although,tempted by the beautiful Justina. Follow, Synclair and Justina as they endure court treachery,betrayal,secre ...more
Amanda
Jul 20, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it
You can put a nice little bow on this series for it was ended perfectly in this book. From the first one, there had always been a tension between Justina and Synclair. And you always knew things were bad for her back in court, but you don't get to find out how bad till you see things from her POV.
Due to the evil Viscount Biddeford's threats against her son, Justina must do as he says, including whore herself out to half the nobles. But Synclair will have no more of it, going so far as to chain h
Susan Parks
Jun 15, 2013 Susan Parks rated it liked it
Good historical romance that really emphasizes how powerless women were in Henry VIII's reign. Lots of back room dealings and skullduggery, evil guardians, honorable knights, innocent victims, and the power hungry people. This is a sequel to Improper Seduction and My Fair Highlander, and really should be read in sequence.
Wendy Tavenner
Jul 10, 2014 Wendy Tavenner rated it it was amazing
Loved the book and the love story between Justina and Synclair. You talk about a man in love with a widowed women who was prisoner for 2 years at Curans castle and Synclair as her guard!!! Justina escapes back to Whitehall Castle back into her guardians grasp, with Synclair on her tails!!! This is a wonderfully written story.
Nicole Laverdure
Nov 19, 2012 Nicole Laverdure rated it it was amazing
Mary Wine's "Unexpected Pleasures" is a wonderfull shorter story than her usual ones. She is a great writer and again, she has created a world of fiction which is romantice and full of intrigues. Again, I loved her characters Justina and Synclair! A wonderfull read! Can't wait for her next books!
Carolyn
Aug 20, 2014 Carolyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the book

This is the story of Lady Justina and Synclair and there was no denying Synclair. He has loved her from afar and is at a point in his life that he can pursue her and pursue her he does! some of the pursuing gets pretty steamy!
Carolyn
May 02, 2012 Carolyn rated it it was ok
Recommended to Carolyn by: Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
Shelves: wine-mary
Sex, sex and more sex. And, so few pages for the actual storyline. Truly a disappointment because the characters were rich with potential.
Kiki Belle
Feb 05, 2016 Kiki Belle rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
No, just no. When your hero, right from the start, acts in a way that is essentially the same as the villain where the heroine is concerned, you are doing it all wrong.
Cup a tea
Jun 23, 2013 Cup a tea rated it liked it
I liked it, but it is not one my favorites. Took me while to get into it because I did not like the characters in the beginning.
Ali
Mar 20, 2014 Ali rated it did not like it
Ugh. This was disappointing. I definitely prefer this author's later novels.
Charmaine Semple
Jun 25, 2012 Charmaine Semple rated it liked it
it was good. that's all just good.
Amber
Jan 07, 2014 Amber rated it liked it
easy fast read good for my readers block. romantic passionate scenes that were not to over the top
Lucy Dosch
Did not finish.
Kay

Enjoyed it once it got going.
Ann Unger
loved it
Synita
Synita rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2014
Christine Mcnamee
Christine Mcnamee rated it liked it
May 26, 2014
Hillary
Hillary rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2017
audi
audi rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2012
Stacywhitlock
Stacywhitlock rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2015
Lisa Staples
Lisa Staples rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2013
Maila
Maila rated it liked it
May 28, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it did not like it
Aug 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 12, 2015 11:34AM
  • Highland Burn: Graham
  • Three Reckless Wishes (Fiery Tales, #10)
  • The Devil of Jedburgh
  • Undone (Brava Historical Romance)
  • One Naughty Night (The Scandalous St. Claires, #1)
  • Only for a Knight (MacKenzie, #3)
  • A Highlander for Christmas (Children of the Mist, #4.5)
  • Vanity (The Sins and The Virtues, #2)
  • A Duchess to Remember (Ministry of Marriage, #3)
  • His Wicked Promise (MacKay, #2)
  • My Wild Highlander (Highland Adventure #2)
  • Never Kiss a Stranger (Foxe Sisters Trilogy, #1)
  • Deception
  • In the Master's Bed
  • Taming Her Irish Warrior
  • Devil's Highlander (Clan MacAlpin #1)
  • Midnight Temptations with a Forbidden Lord (Dangerous Rogues, #2)
  • Seducing the Knight (The Brotherhood of the Scottish Templars, #2)
207379
Mary Wine has written over twenty novels that take her readers from the pages of history to the far reaches of space. Recent winner of a 2008 EPPIE Award for erotic western romance, her book LET ME LOVE YOU was quoted “Not to be missed…” by Lora Leigh, New York Times best-selling author.

When she’s not abusing a laptop, she spends time with her sewing machines…all of them! Making historical garment
More about Mary Wine...

English Tudor (3 books)
  • Improper Seduction (English Tudor, #1)
  • My Fair Highlander (English Tudor, #2)