Start by marking “Charmaine Solomon's Thai Cookbook: A Complete Guide to the World's Most Exciting Cuisine” as Want to Read:

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Lavishly illustrated throughout with full-color, step-by-step photographs, this book presents over 180 authentic recipes, selected specifically for their appeal to the Western palate. The principle ingredients and cooking techniques are clearly and thoroughly explained.
Published January 1st 1900 by Tuttle Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Charmaine Solomon's Thai Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charmaine Solomon's Thai Cookbook

Maureen
My mother said this is the best Thai cookbook she's ever seen in this country. I actually stole my copy from her, and it's incredibly beat up as I have cooked out of it numerous times over the last 10 years. Recipes that Solomon does really well and that I've cooked a lot and loved: Galloping Horses (fruit with savory pork topping), Stir-fried asparagus, Beef Panang Curry, Eggplant with Bean Curd, Shallow-fried Fish cakes, Ridged Gourd Curry (substituted acorn squash for this)and more than I can ...more
MM
Full disclosure: I've never cooked from this cookbook. But my partner has and I just love everything he's made from it. There's an eggplant dish in particular that's become one of my favorite things to eat.
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Ric
Ric added it
Apr 27, 2014
Nello
Nello added it
Dec 15, 2013
Beatriceoctavia
Beatriceoctavia marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2013
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2012
Shanna
Shanna marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2012
Ziona
Ziona added it
Mar 05, 2011
Nim
Nim marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2010
Laura added it
Apr 23, 2009
Karen
Karen added it
Jul 02, 2008
Nina Solomon is the author of Single Wife (Algonquin 2003), which was optioned for film by Warner Brothers.

She has a MA from Columbia University, teaches at Wilkes University.

Solomon lives in New York City with her son, Nathaniel and she has just completed her second novel.
More about Nina Solomon...
The Single Wife The Love Book The Complete Asian Cookbook Encyclopedia of Asian Food Mastering the Art of Chinese Cooking