Start by marking “Had the Queen Lived: An Alternative History of Anne Boleyn” as Want to Read:
Had the Queen Lived: An Alternative History of Anne Boleyn

Had the Queen Lived: An Alternative History of Anne Boleyn

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  16 reviews
"This fictional what if thriller is the first in a series by author Raven A. Nuckols that examines the life and times of Queen Anne Boleyn, her heirs and explores what might have happened had she not been executed in May 1536.

Anne was the second wife of King Henry VIII of England, serving from 1533-1536 until she was beheaded on false charges of treason, adultery, and inc
Published (first published October 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Had the Queen Lived, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Had the Queen Lived

Sarah u
It's been a few years since I read this, but I remember reading a scene in which Anne Boleyn shared a cup of tea with Cromwell. Also Anne gave her maids pay checks. Hmm.
Georgianna Price
I love Anne Boleyn and I had high hopes for this book, especially considering the subject matter. If Anne Boleyn had lived, what might her contributions to English life have been?

Unfortunately, however, this book was like an obstacle course littered with bad grammar, sentence structure and even spelling. (In two back to back sentences, the writer can't seem to decide if one man's name is Dacre or Darce, as both spellings are given. This same example shows up again just a few paragraphs later. )
Olivia Longueville
Reading this book for the second time now. I read this book for the first time about two years ago. I’m going to be honest: I myself didn’t buy your novel because my mother gave it to me for reading (both mother and I are obsessed with the Tudor period and Anne Boleyn in particular), so my mother bought it.

I think this novel is a fascinating view on Anne Boleyn’s fate. Anne Boleyn doesn’t die in May 1536 and she gives birth to King Henry VIII’s son. Raven A. Nuckols has a fabulous way of keeping
Madame Newbie
This book had a lot going for it tackling one of the biggest 'What Ifs' in Tudor History, this time being if Anne Boleyn had not miscarried her son. The writer opted to treat this as though it was an actual historical fact. I do not mind reading a fictional-meta story like this, but unfortunately 'Had the Queen Lived' is simply poorly written.

The divergence in this book was that rather than Henry suffering from a jousting accident (which historically had been attributed as one of the main cause
Amanda Allen
I was pleasantly surprised with this book, a very clever idea. Unfortunately, the proof reader must have missed this one as there were many mistakes, mainly grammatical with random capital letters mid sentence which was a shame as it did detract a bit from the enjoyment of the story. I found all of the characters very believable.
A fascinating alternate history of one of the most controversial queens of England. When I first heard about this story, I was thrilled since Anne has always been one of my favorite English queens. I can never get enough books about her.

(view spoiler)
SM Foster
This is a fantastic book for a first-time author. Ms Nuckols makes the characters come alive with a very readable writing style. It is obvious that she has done her research - I studied Elizabethan history in college and cannot find any flaws - and is actually excited about her topics, which is a far cry from what you get from some historian who merely bangs out a book to bring in a dollar or two.

The story is entirely plausible, and although I may have questioned what happens in the end (not goi
Erin Germain
I was quite impressed with this. The author obviously did her homework on the history of the period. The ending seemed a little hurried in telling what happened to Anne and Henry's children, but since this book concerned itself with Anne Boleyn's life, and the Author's Note states that she is planning to continue her version of Tudor history with another book, I didn't mind it too much. I would have liked to have seen some of the other historical queens from Henry's life appear, but I can unders ...more
I sm obsessed with Anne Boleyn. This book takes you on the journey of her life if she had not been beheaded. A believable account of how her life might have been.
Really bad fanfiction.
Did not enjoy the alternative story. Not sure what was real and what names and events actually occurred after the point of when she didn't get executed. Plus I think she was a horrid person.
Amber Weinberg
Such a great idea for a novel, only to be ruined by terrible writing and grammatical issues. Several sentences didn't even make sense at all, and the start/stop of the flow of writing is making it hard to finish this relatively short book.
I had high hopes for this book. Unfortunately, the writing is just terrible. There are grammatical errors galore and a lot of odd repetition. It reads like a rough draft. Disappointed
I can't deny I would have loved History to end up like this...I'm too much of an Anne fan for anything else...
Absolutely amazing!!!
Bridgett marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Kati marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Erika marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Sarah Rudolph
Sarah Rudolph marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Tabitha Deasún
Tabitha Deasún marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Angelique marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Kathy marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
  • The Fall of Anne Boleyn: A Countdown
  • In Bed with the Tudors: the Sex Lives of a Dynasty from Elizabeth of York to Elizabeth I
  • Anne Boleyn: In Her Own Words & the Words of Those Who Knew Her
  • Cor Rotto: A Novel of Catherine Carey
  • The Boleyns: The Rise & Fall of a Tudor Family
  • The Queen's Promise
  • Threads: The Reincarnation of Anne Boleyn
  • A Lady Raised High: A Novel of Anne Boleyn
  • Betrayal
  • In the Footsteps of Anne Boleyn
  • Vengeance Is Mine: A Novel Of Anne Boleyn, Katherine Howard, And Lady Rochford  The Woman Who Helped Destroy Them Both
  • The Kiss of the Concubine: A story of Anne Boleyn
  • 12 Books in 1: Andrew Lang's Complete Fairy Book Series. The Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Pink, Grey, Violet, Crimson, Brown, Orange, Olive, and Lilac Fairy Books. Traditional Folk Tales and Fairy Stories From Around The World.
  • Brief Gaudy Hour: A Novel of Anne Boleyn