Start by marking “Had the Queen Lived: An Alternative History of Anne Boleyn” as Want to Read:
Had the Queen Lived: An Alternative History of Anne Boleyn

Had the Queen Lived: An Alternative History of Anne Boleyn

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  11 reviews
"This fictional what if thriller is the first in a series by author Raven A. Nuckols that examines the life and times of Queen Anne Boleyn, her heirs and explores what might have happened had she not been executed in May 1536.

Anne was the second wife of King Henry VIII of England, serving from 1533-1536 until she was beheaded on false charges of treason, adultery, and inc
Published (first published October 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Had the Queen Lived, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Had the Queen Lived

Madame Newbie
This book had a lot going for it tackling one of the biggest 'What Ifs' in Tudor History, this time being if Anne Boleyn had not miscarried her son. The writer opted to treat this as though it was an actual historical fact. I do not mind reading a fictional-meta story like this, but unfortunately 'Had the Queen Lived' is simply poorly written.

The divergence in this book was that rather than Henry suffering from a jousting accident (which historically had been attributed as one of the main cause
Amanda Allen
I was pleasantly surprised with this book, a very clever idea. Unfortunately, the proof reader must have missed this one as there were many mistakes, mainly grammatical with random capital letters mid sentence which was a shame as it did detract a bit from the enjoyment of the story. I found all of the characters very believable.
Kim
A fascinating alternate history of one of the most controversial queens of England. When I first heard about this story, I was thrilled since Anne has always been one of my favorite English queens. I can never get enough books about her.

(view spoiler)
SM Foster
This is a fantastic book for a first-time author. Ms Nuckols makes the characters come alive with a very readable writing style. It is obvious that she has done her research - I studied Elizabethan history in college and cannot find any flaws - and is actually excited about her topics, which is a far cry from what you get from some historian who merely bangs out a book to bring in a dollar or two.

The story is entirely plausible, and although I may have questioned what happens in the end (not goi
Erin Germain
I was quite impressed with this. The author obviously did her homework on the history of the period. The ending seemed a little hurried in telling what happened to Anne and Henry's children, but since this book concerned itself with Anne Boleyn's life, and the Author's Note states that she is planning to continue her version of Tudor history with another book, I didn't mind it too much. I would have liked to have seen some of the other historical queens from Henry's life appear, but I can unders ...more
Mellu
Really bad fanfiction.
Gabi
Did not enjoy the alternative story. Not sure what was real and what names and events actually occurred after the point of when she didn't get executed. Plus I think she was a horrid person.
Amber Weinberg
Such a great idea for a novel, only to be ruined by terrible writing and grammatical issues. Several sentences didn't even make sense at all, and the start/stop of the flow of writing is making it hard to finish this relatively short book.
Aljones0882
I had high hopes for this book. Unfortunately, the writing is just terrible. There are grammatical errors galore and a lot of odd repetition. It reads like a rough draft. Disappointed
Alexandra
I can't deny I would have loved History to end up like this...I'm too much of an Anne fan for anything else...
Elpheaba
Absolutely amazing!!!
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Cache Owens
Cache Owens marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Paris
Paris marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Natasa
Natasa marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Teneale Blackmere
Teneale Blackmere marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Hevel Cava
Hevel Cava marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Blueballew
Blueballew marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Carrie Letourneau
Carrie Letourneau marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Mary Grennen
Mary Grennen marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Hayley 'Snow White'
Hayley 'Snow White' marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Kristian Woolace
Kristian Woolace marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Angel Marks
Angel Marks marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Kristinepruitt
Kristinepruitt marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Leah Mcrae
Leah Mcrae marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Tonia
Tonia marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • In Bed with the Tudors: the Sex Lives of a Dynasty from Elizabeth of York to Elizabeth I
  • The Fall of Anne Boleyn: A Countdown
  • The Boleyns: The Rise & Fall of a Tudor Family
  • Threads: The Reincarnation of Anne Boleyn
  • My Lady Viper (Tales From the Tudor Court, #1)
  • The Queen's Promise
  • A Lady Raised High: A Novel of Anne Boleyn
  • In the Footsteps of Anne Boleyn
  • Betrayal
  • Vengeance Is Mine: A Novel Of Anne Boleyn, Katherine Howard, And Lady Rochford  The Woman Who Helped Destroy Them Both
  • The Kiss of the Concubine: A story of Anne Boleyn
  • Brief Gaudy Hour: A Novel of Anne Boleyn
  • At the Mercy of the Queen
  • I, Jane (In the Court of Henry VIII, #4)
  • The King's Secret Matter (Tudor Saga, #4)
  • The Creation of Anne Boleyn: A New Look at England's Most Notorious Queen