Start by marking “Forgiving Trinity” as Want to Read:
Forgiving Trinity

Read Excerpt

Forgiving Trinity

She’s clean now and desperate to fix the messes she’s made, but first she’s going to have to get out of her pajamas.

As Trinity struggles to stop sleepwalking through life
Published December 23rd 2011

To ask other readers questions about Forgiving Trinity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgiving Trinity

Calia
Dec 27, 2011 Calia rated it it was amazing
I didn’t even read the synopsis for this book.
That’s how much I love this author.
I just saw the “Liz Reinhardt”, in the middle of the cover, and I happily clicked away to buy this book. I may have squealed for a quick second, but I stifled it so my husband didn’t give me a skeptical look. Making me think my loserism has went to a whole new level.

Don't question the word. Loserism. May not be 'real' but believe me it is!

See, this is the glory in finding an amazing author, you know that anyth
Alexa
Dec 29, 2011 Alexa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
The first incarnation of this book was on Liz's blog--we never did decide if it was a blogel or a blovel. Or a nog? Anyway, I've read several drafts, and I'm SO excited to get my hands on the final, published version. Especially since I finally get to list it as "currently reading" on Goodreads! Loving the cover, too.

UPDATE: Yep, it's great. It reminds me a lot of a book that was a HUGE favorite of mine back in the day: Life Without Friends, by Ellen Emerson White. The premise was very similar
Hilda
Jul 02, 2014 Hilda rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, tears, arc
It is one night. The Night that wrecked not only her life, but also his life.

Trinity McCabe has sworn that she would become a new self after the Catastrophic Night that involved two cars, a dog, lots of tears, and sirens. In the late years of her seventeenth, she had committed many poor decisions. She was friends with people she shouldn’t have with. Her grades are poor and she barely passed her classes. She did drugs and she drank way too much.

Trinity decided that she had enough and she would li
Michelle Book Briefs
Mar 29, 2012 Michelle Book Briefs rated it really liked it
This is not your average light and fluffy read. And I really appreciated that about it. (don't get me wrong, sometimes I LOVE happy go lucky cute reads, but sometimes you need some meat to bite into). Forgiving Trinity deals with very real issues and it deals with them headfirst. In a very raw and emotional way. I loved the writing style. The character growth for Trinity was not always fluid. Sometimes she reverted, but it really worked for who she was as a character. I think Liz Reinhardt did ...more
Tabby -  Shattered Hearts Reviews
Original Review Posted - here.

I loved this book for so many different reasons! The main one being, I found myself relating to Trinity on so many different levels. The battles she faces and her road to overcome and put her life back together will spark something in everyone who reads this book. Why? Because at one point in our lives, we have all been there.. you know.. rock bottom.

Luckily for Trinity, she has Aiden to help her through her struggles. He becomes her.. anchor so to speak, in her que
Xenia
May 17, 2012 Xenia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, reviewed
For whatever reason it has taken me quite a while to get around to reading this book. I thoroughly enjoyed Reinhardt's Brenna trilogy, so I can't imagine why. In any case, I'm glad I finally did it! I honestly expected something more along the lines of the aforementioned series, but - while still being beautifully and cleverly written - this novel is rather different from those books which I also loved. It is more dramatic and tragic while at the same time being beautiful and profound. I loved ...more
Nina
Dec 31, 2011 Nina rated it it was amazing
Ok, this story really scared me at first. I wasn't sure I wanted to read a sad story but I stuck with it and was really, really glad that I did!!! The thing about it is that it could have been somebody's actual real-life story! I loved the description of Kali and I laughed so hard and "out loud" a few times!! I even made the Kali face with Trinity and it just made my day! :)
Amanda
Jan 04, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
I will do a full review soon, because it's late and I JUST finished it...but I LOVED this book. Maybe more than Double Clutch. (is that possible???)
Kylie
Jan 20, 2013 Kylie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
Faye {Daydreaming_Star}
Apr 09, 2012 Faye {Daydreaming_Star} rated it really liked it
** This review was first posted on my blog for the Forgiving Trinity tour, here **

I’ve been sitting in front of this word document trying to find the words to describe this book well for a bit of a while now. The problem I have is feeling like I’m not doing the book justice. It was so well-written and truly inspiring that I don’t want to under hype the book, but nor do I want to over-hype it either. I just want this to be perfect as this is what the book truly deserves. I think I will start out
Jessica
Apr 02, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Forgiving Trinity by Liz Reinhardt is an honest look at drug addiction and how complicated recovery can be. The story centers around Trinity McCabe, a high school junior who spent the better part of her middle and high school years in a drug-induced blur. We meet Trinity as she returns from an extended visit at her uncle's house, where she was sent to begin sobering up after she caused a car accident and let someone else take the blame. Armed with a clearer head than she's had in years, Trinity ...more
Emily (Book Jems)
As seen on Ed and Em's Reviews!

Every once in a while, you read a book that really speaks to you. The message is moving, inspiring and so deep that it makes your heart honestly ache. I've had a few of these novels so far this year and Forgiving Trinity by Liz Reinhardt is one of them. I couldn't relate to a lot of Trinity's situation, but I could understand her fears, self-consciousness and regrets. I love books that are able to draw me into a situation I've never been in before and really unders
Kristilyn
FTC Disclaimer: I received this book from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Forgiving Trinity was an interesting book — actually, I found it quite interesting after finishing the book, while reading the author acknowledgements, learning about how the book was actually written. As it turns out — if you didn’t already know — Liz Reinhardt posted the first chapter of the story up on her new blog and discussed with fans and family what should happen in Trinity’s day to day life. I
Kristen
Apr 11, 2012 Kristen rated it really liked it
GENRE: YA Contemporary
THEME: Growth/Romance
RECEIVED: Received for Review for Tour
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
After reading Double Clutch I was so excited to dig into another book by Liz Reinhardt. Forgiving Trinity takes a darker more serious subject that teens may face through high school. High School is one of toughest years to get through faced with the pressures of drugs, alcohol and just plain old bad decisions. Reinhardt takes the reader through a journey, following a youn
Zoe and the Edge
Nov 11, 2012 Zoe and the Edge rated it liked it
Shelves: psychological, ya, romance
That's Aidan; he's an old soul. You can see in his eyes that he's seen a lot and he knows a lot and it all impresses him and makes him happy, but in this really calm, reflective way.

It's another one of those "That Night" scenarios.

Trinity isn't your normal, eye-rolling, irresponsible teenagers. Maybe she was before. But she knows she's messed up. She knows she needs to discover who she is again. But most importantly, she knows she needs help and she's willing to receive it through her therapist
Stina Madison
Full review here: http://zodiacbookreviews.blogspot.com...

Forgiving Trinity is a much darker and serious book about addiction that I've read up to this point. There are points when the story is pretty slow, but I think that works best with the seriousness of the story. Forgiving Trinity is a really interesting story, and I loved reading from Trinity's POV as she struggles to come to terms with the events of her past and start living life again. We see this from a psychological viewpoint and what
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First I just have to say I LOVE Liz's style of writing. I had a chance to be a part of this blog tour in March and for some reason the review did not post. So I am going to write this review again and hope it does not delete.Liz caught my eye when I had a chance to read Double Clutch and I was HOOKED and I needed more so when I saw this book was going on tour I contacted the person in charge and asked her if I could participate and she said yes.

Forgiving Trinity is a story of a girl who has loss
Renae
This is one of those “issue” books or, as I like to call them it’s one of those books about teenagers with REAL problems. You know, drugs, sex, pregnancy, abuse, rehab, etc. Books about things besides, “oh, my boyfriend kissed my best friend! woe is me!” Books like that are about as interesting as watching my dog take a nap. So right away, I knew this was going to be good.

First off, Reinhardt’s characters are fantastic. Aidan is super, super cool, Trinity is so relatable and real, and the variou
Pragya
Mar 30, 2012 Pragya rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, review-request
Hmm…this is a different kind of a book. It’s about things that matter and things that don’t. It’s about life, the mistakes one makes and how to overcome them.

The book is a little slow to start with, picks up pace in the middle and ends up slowly. However, this may be the best approach for this kind of a book, where things need to be laid out slowly into the open.

I really liked the way the relationships are shown in this book. It’s so beautiful, heart-touching at times and at others, so fragile
Catie
Apr 09, 2012 Catie rated it really liked it
Well I would like to start out by mentioning that Forgiving Trinity is the first time that I have ventured to read a book along this line. Most of the time I read YA Paranormal. I will also mention that I did have a hard time getting caught up in this novel at first, I found it to be quite slow moving. As the story moved along thought I did find myself getting into Forgiving Trinity. I will say that I found it to be slow in places that the author needed to make her point across, which I found to ...more
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
Feb 05, 2012 Michelle (Much Loved Books) rated it really liked it
Although I have read Liz's other books, Double Clutch and Junk Miles, Forgiving Trinity is completely different to them. It deals with hard hitting issues that everyone may have to deal with, drugs, love, loss and even more so family reactions and how they suffer with the consequences.

Admittedly it took me a while to get into Forgiving Trinity, but as soon as I was hooked there was no stopping me and I quickly finished it.

Liz has done a great job of portraying the thoughts and feelings of people
Mandi Kaye Ottaway
Apr 10, 2012 Mandi Kaye Ottaway rated it really liked it
Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archive... (4/11/12)

I really didn’t know what to expect when I went into this one; self-published books are always so hit or miss for me. Luckily, I really enjoyed this one.

Trin’s character was flawlessly written. Her fears, her insecurities, and even the moment of truth where she realized she needed to grow up – all of it was wholly believable. I was right there with her as she was struggling to find out who she is now that she’s clean. This a story tha
Kerri
Mar 14, 2012 Kerri rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite-books
Liz Reinhardt has done it again. "Forgiving Trinity" is one of those rare books that tackles a hard-hitting subject matter and delivers it in a very real and raw way and yet still somehow manages to intertwine just the perfect amount of humour.

"At seventeen, Trinity McCabe has already made enough mistakes to fill a lifetime. Especially the one where she got high, drove a car, and almost killed a dog. And then let her friend Aidan take the blame. She’s clean now and desperate to fix the messes s
Metaspinster
3.5?

This book apparently began as a kind of "choose your own adventure" written serially my the author on her blog a chapter at a time, and then she'd conduct polls or something to get the input of her readers about here it should go next. This definitely explains some of the jerky, less-than-uniform aspects of the narrative's flow. But I enjoyed it. Reinhardt has a gift for characterization and breathlessly readable prose. I just wish she'd get the hang of structuring her stories, 'cause that's
Halyna
Feb 16, 2012 Halyna rated it it was amazing
Great book, exquisitely written, touching difficult subjects and showing, that giving up or yielding to bad lifestyle is not an option. It is not a relaxing read - the book makes you feel, hurt,struggle with characters, it's a must-read for teenagers, their parents and just people, who love a quality book. Highly recommended!!!
Kelli Belli
Apr 14, 2012 Kelli Belli rated it really liked it
Trinity is such a strong, brave character it's hard not smile while reading this book. Even when things are rough and it has you tearing up. Aiden has to be one of the sweetest book boys out there and her brother Christian is no slouch either. I just would have liked a little more detail on what lead her down the path of drugs and alcohol especially when she seemed to "have it all".
Melissa
Apr 11, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: great-booos
I love Liz Reinhardt's writing! I Thoroughly enjoyed this book. It wasn't the light read that I usually read, but I couldnt put it down and just had to finish it!
This book touched on a heavy topic (addiction) that a lot of kids are faced with today. This is the type of book that I will recommend to my daughters when they are older.
April
Aug 08, 2012 April rated it it was amazing
this is a really great story of strength! LOVE Trinity. She really is an amazing character! Ru is such an awesome friend and Christian has got to be the best brother ever (and he's in a band which makes him just about perfect! :) ) Loved it!
Michael Burhans
Jul 16, 2012 Michael Burhans rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
4.5 stars for this one. I really loved this, and I think she got the details of sobbering up dead on the mark. Very real characters living very real lives. This will not be the last book by this author I read.
La Mala ✌
May 23, 2013 La Mala ✌ rated it liked it
Los muchachos de Liz Reinhardt son tan adorables .
En este caso ,una novela simple y entretenida .Muy parecida a la trama de Leaving Paradise de Simone Elkeles.
  • A Place in This Life
  • Relatively Honest
  • Knee Deep
  • What Scotland Taught Me
  • The Wanderer (Rider, #1)
  • Kings & Queens
  • The Color of Snow
  • Skid Out (Heavy Influence, #0.5)
  • The Jelly Bean Crisis
  • Echo's Chance
  • Forever Changed
  • Loving Emily
  • The Lure of Shapinsay
  • Stealing Time (Time #1)
  • Mostly Madly
  • Grounding Quinn
  • Breathkept
  • 99 to Nowhere
Liz Reinhardt was born and raised in the idyllic beauty of northwest NJ. A move to the subtropics of coastal Georgia with her daughter and husband left her with a newly realized taste for the beach and a bloated sunscreen budget. Right alongside these new loves is her old, steadfast affection and longing for bagels and the fast-talking foul mouths of her youth.

She loves Raisinettes, even if they a
More about Liz Reinhardt...