Start by marking “Contractual Obligation” as Want to Read:
Contractual Obligation

Contractual Obligation

Harper’s father has issued her an ultimatum—quit working herself to death and have fun, or he’ll oust her as CEO of their company. She thinks hiring Doug to be her assistant and play her boyfriend is the answer to all her problems, until she finds out about his secret.

Deep in debt from medical bills, Doug’s parents are losing their home. Going to work for Harper is the ans
Published January 2nd 2012 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Contractual Obligation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Contractual Obligation

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

Do you choose your family or your lover? If you could save your parents from becoming destitute and homeless, but you had to sacrifice the love of your life, would you do it? What if you couldn't tell anyone why you chose your family? What if you couldn't tell your lover why you had to break up with him? Could you do this? These are the questions Doug struggles to answer.

Doug's parents' home is being threatened for foreclosure. Due to his good looks, he's found a job, which is too good to be tr
Bea
Feb 26, 2012 Bea rated it liked it
Honestly, this is not my favorite of Dalton's. I am used to her emotionally charged scenes, and this one seemed too light for my tastes. I think that, generally speaking if you like her other books, then you'll like it, but you will not love it.

I found it hard to believe how fast they individually fell in love with each other. And there was a scene later on in the book where, if I had been Doug I would have been devastated, but he didn't bat an eyelash.

Overall ok, but not my favorite.
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!

Contractual Obligation is another great story by Tymber Dalton.

Harper is CEO of the family company. Her dad has warned her, get a personal life or he’ll take the company back over from her. So, Harper decides to get a personal life, on her terms! She hires a new Executive Assistant that’s young, hot and single. As part of his job, he’s to act like her boyfriend.

Meanwhile, Doug is in love with Tate. But Doug’s parents are about to lose their home. So, he takes Harper’s job and leaves Tate. When
Katy Beth Mckee
Jan 03, 2012 Katy Beth Mckee rated it it was amazing
This one a bit of everything I love in the books I read. There was some guy love, a dash of domination, a splash of spanking, mix-up menage, and a hard to believe happily ever after. And to top it all off it takes part in a part of Florida I'm familiar with. It was fun to read a place or road mentioned and be able to picture it immediately.

I don't think I can fully explain why I really loved this one and what made it so different from other menage story lines.

So stop here if you don't want a s
Melanie
Mar 16, 2012 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Tymber did it again!! She sucked me right into a book and I was up most of the night reading it! I loved the story line- Father gives workaholic daughter an ultimatum and she, being uber-smart and resourceful, figures out a way around it... What she didn't figure into the equation was the feelings she would have for assistant she hired.. The story line had just the right amount of twist to it to make it unique.

I think that Tymber is really good at bringing emotions to life with the written word.
Judith
Jan 24, 2012 Judith rated it really liked it
4.5 out of 5. Enter the world of high finance, international business, along with the pressures of family obligation, and you have a testy, edgy, and compelling novel. I was wondering how this would all work out, and I have to admit that I was really surprised at how two lovers who had said good-bye to one another would ever end up together again. It is also about a woman who has totally given her life to her business interests in the effort to prove to her dad that she is every bit the shark he ...more
Simone
Jan 23, 2012 Simone rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, more, boys
This book was ok, but not great. I liked the characters and the story but it was a little shallow compared to Tymbers early work like The Reluctant Dom. I like to really feel for and engage with my characters and I just didn't in the book.
LaFleurBleue
Jul 16, 2013 LaFleurBleue rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica, romantica, e-book
It was ok though could have been better.
Let me start with the positive things: no mean ex in a quest for ultimate vengeance was hidden anywhere; the family relationships, one very close, the other much colder and distant were nicely depicted, parts of the business environment and business relationships were realistic enough.
Then let's move to the "not-so-successful parts": the first reason why Harper hired Doug was to take-over the position of her assistant retiring three months later; later we
Lucy Lit
Feb 23, 2013 Lucy Lit rated it liked it
I love Tymber Dalton and her erotic ménage writing. This book follows Harper who is a CEO alpha by day but submissive wanna be at night. She hires a financially desperate bisexual man (Doug) as her assistant under the guise of foiling her father’s attempts to fix her up. The game takes a right turn when Doug’s boyfriend shows up unexpectedly and sparks fly between all three. And I’m talking sexual sparks. While I loved the story overall, I had a hard time believing the pace at which Harper falls ...more
Tasha
Jan 11, 2013 Tasha rated it really liked it
This was a very interesting book. She concocts a plan that will get her father off her back she hires a man for a job but the job isnt all that easy, depends on what you define as easy, he has to pretend to be her boyfriend! What will he tell his Boyfriend? Will it be easy to pretend dating a woman and then living with her without falling for her? so she sends him to do some work somewhere else and up pops his ex-boyfriend.... What is to become of her, her pretend boyfriend, and the ex-boyfriend ...more
Heather
Compared with the Love Slave for Two and Love at First Bight series...this one just wasn't as good. Something was missing in the characters, or maybe the situation didn't feel real enough?
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
3.5 Stars

There are so many things to like in this book. I mean, who wouldn’t want two men who dote on you day and night? This is a fast, easy to read ménage story with lots of HOT lovin’ that will leave your heart warm, your panties wet, and a smile on your face.

To read Kimber's entire review
Carole-Ann
Apr 25, 2012 Carole-Ann rated it liked it
Shelves: hotter-m-m-f
Hmmm... although Doug and Tate are in a monogamous relationship, they both fall for Harper.....

The circumstances regarding the Doug/Harper and Harper/Tate relationships are a little far-fetched, I did like the Doug/Tate relationship. That said, the whole thing didn't really ring true; and if you don't like ANY form of 'cheating', then you won't like this!

Not one of Ms Dalton's best.
Pumatroll
Sep 25, 2015 Pumatroll rated it did not like it
Shelves: menage, did-not-like
Kathleen
Nov 28, 2015 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Great stand alone MMF from Tymber Dalton. Good romance. Very light on the BDSM, but had a good spanking scene at the end and the sex scenes where hot. Timber's stories with realistic characters that have real issues always suck me in. And I always love finding good stand alone romance.
Melissa
Jan 03, 2012 Melissa rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book however it lacked some of the emotional strength of some of her other titles. Easy read though.
Kristine
dont know why i end up reading this :-(
HJ
Jun 23, 2013 HJ rated it it was ok
Shelves: mmf, menage
Love Tymber Dalton, usually, but this was definitely not one of her better books. IT wasn't 'bad,' but seemed very rushed and a bit more simplistic than I'm used to.
Kim O
Jan 29, 2012 Kim O rated it liked it
3.5 GOOD STORY! Review will post on guiltypleasuresbookreviews.com
Suburbancowgirl
Aug 22, 2012 Suburbancowgirl rated it really liked it
Another solid mmf romance by Tymber Dalton. I continue to be amazed with her ability to make me connect with her characters while still providing the naughty smut that I so love and desire!
Jenny
Dec 11, 2012 Jenny rated it it was amazing
I loved this! Stayed up late last night cause I had to finish it. Couldn't get enough of it. She never disappoints!
Melanie♥
Shelves: menage, mmf
3.5
Sonali
Jun 14, 2013 Sonali rated it really liked it
I seriously loved Tate and Doug. I so won't mind living with those too hunks!!
M.A.
M.A. rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2013
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
May 06, 2014
story. 4.5
execution 3
writing 4
editing 4
  • Sunset Hearts (American Heroes Collection)
  • Susie's Choice
  • The Glass Knot
  • The First Time is the Sweetest
  • One-Two Punch
  • Lovely Wicked
  • Hurt
  • Brazen Seduction (Reckless and Brazen, #2)
  • Illegal Moves
  • Hogtying the Cowgirl (Ride 'em Hard, #3)
  • Siren in the City (Texas Sirens, #2)
  • At Love's Command (Brothers in Arms, #4)
  • Out of the Darkness
  • Summer Wine (Tastes of Seduction, #1)
  • Coming Full Circle (Friends and Lovers #2)
  • Sodom and Detroit (Virtual Seduction, #1)
  • Breaking Perfect
  • His Sub's Submissive (Club Esoteria, #1)
Tymber Dalton is the wild-child alter-ego pen name for writer Lesli Richardson. She lives in southwest Florida with her author husband Jon Dalton (aka “The World’s Best Husband™”) and too many animals. The two-time EPIC award winner is the author of over 100 books, and is active in the BDSM lifestyle she frequently writes about.

When she’s not writing or out shooting skeet or playing DnD with frien
More about Tymber Dalton...