The Inferno Collection

The Inferno Collection (Kim Reynolds #1)

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Kim Reynolds, a college reference librarian, suddenly finds herself embroiled in mystery when her friend Lorette dies unexpectedly. The police dismiss Lorette's demise as a suicide because of the drugs found in her blood, but she's been clean a long time. Then there are the literary-based death threats. — Kim's own psychic powers are matched by those of police detective Mi...more
Published June 1st 2007 by Five Star (ME) (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Inferno Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Inferno Collection

Zee Monodee
An inferno collection is a collection of literary works deemed inappropriate for the times, morally disreputable, and unfit for perusal.

University reference librarian Kim Reynolds knows such a collection pertains to Victorian times and other eras of strictness. It certainly has no place in the modern world as she knows it. However, her friend Lorette Campbell feels her life may be in danger because she is inquiring about an inferno collection in the library where Kim works. When Lorette is late...more
Maryr
I enjoyed this romantic mystery novel very much. The characters seemed very real. It was an exciting page turner and I couldn't put it down until I finished it. I read this novel after I read the author's second adult mystery and look forward to more novels in this series.
Elizabeth
An interesting book of the librarian sleuth genre. I would like to read the next book in the series to learn more about Kim.
Patty
I liked the characters in this book, and of course, I liked the setting with a university librarian as the main character. The only thing I didn't like was the obvious "clue" that the librarian missed, at least it was very obvious to me. No spoilers here - but it did keep the book from being great to me instead it was just good.

Kim gets involved with murder when her friend, Loretta, is found dead of a drug overdose even though she had been clean for many years. Not believing it is an accident or...more
Vicki Gooding
Good theme that was a bit unique. The main character works in an University Library. A friend of hers asks if the Library has and inferno collection. This usually means an original work that no one talked about and kept under lock and key because it was risque or for reasons to avoid censorship. Working in the University Library, in the USA in today's standards she does not really think that can be the case. But the friend ends up dying. Several other chilling events begin to happen. It isn't a...more
Kori
[2.5 stars]

Kim Reynolds, a clairvoyant university reference librarian, is contacted by her friend Loretta about the possible existence of a secret inferno collection (books considered morally unacceptable) being kept at the library. When Loretta turns up dead, Kim sets out to crack the case.

I thought this was fairly slow reading. The side plot about Kim's clairvoyance is underdeveloped, the killer is no surprise, and there's a lame little romance that doesn't really fit into the story. An intere...more
Sfdreams
I started this last night (July 9th) and am about one-fourth into the book. I'm not really keen on the main character yet, but I see promise (and this is the first book) so will probably go on to read the next book in the series.

Well, I finished the book, and I did grow to like the character somewhat, but not to the extent that I usually do. I will check out the next book though, before giving up on this series.
Tina
It is pretty rare for me not to finish a book, especially once I've made it at least halfway through, but eventually I just had to give up on this one. Because it was all about a librarian, I really wanted to like it, but between the awkward dialog and the fact that I couldnt get into either the plot or the characters, it was impossible.
May
Mystery/thriller featuring a reference librarian investigating the death of a friend and the possible existence of a banned book collection. However, the villains seemed cartoonish at times and the last 5 pages of the book read more like an amped up Harlequin novel. Still, it wasn't a bad read.
Avril
Being a librarian, I was intrigued by the premise of this book: a college librarian stumbles across a notoriously private, inferno collection. However, the characters come across as wooden and the prose doesn't quite make the cut.
Anita Sego
I have never heard of this author before but I really enjoyed this one. Well written, nice pacing, and good characters.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: A Kim Reynolds Mystery
Category: Mystery
Isabella Hargreaves
Isabella Hargreaves marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Lorna
Lorna added it
May 30, 2014
Charlene
Charlene marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Tracie
Tracie marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Dharia Scarab
Dharia Scarab marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Gayle
Gayle marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Mei-Ling
Mei-Ling marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Peggy
Peggy added it
Mar 02, 2014
Myranda
Myranda marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Shannon Benton
Shannon Benton marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
MYSTERY NOVELS B...: Books for Halloween Reading 1 3 Oct 31, 2013 03:20AM
Romance, Historic...: Blog and Book Giveaway 1 4 Apr 19, 2013 05:42AM
MYSTERY NOVELS B...: Blog and Book Giveaway 1 3 Apr 19, 2013 04:19AM
The Drowning Pool The Truth Sleuth Tea Leaves and Tarot Cards Death Legacy The Bad Wife (A Kim Reynolds Mystery, #4)