Start by marking “The Inferno Collection (Kim Reynolds, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Inferno Collection (Kim Reynolds, #1)

The Inferno Collection (Kim Reynolds #1)

3.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  50 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Kim Reynolds, a college reference librarian, suddenly finds herself embroiled in mystery when her friend Lorette dies unexpectedly. The police dismiss Lorette's demise as a suicide because of the drugs found in her blood, but she's been clean a long time. Then there are the literary-based death threats. — Kim's own psychic powers are matched by those of police detective Mi ...more
Published February 15th 2007 by Five Star (ME) (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Inferno Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Inferno Collection

Zee Monodee
An inferno collection is a collection of literary works deemed inappropriate for the times, morally disreputable, and unfit for perusal.

University reference librarian Kim Reynolds knows such a collection pertains to Victorian times and other eras of strictness. It certainly has no place in the modern world as she knows it. However, her friend Lorette Campbell feels her life may be in danger because she is inquiring about an inferno collection in the library where Kim works. When Lorette is late
Jessica
Aug 06, 2015 Jessica rated it it was ok
It was not bad. Something about it was very staccato and not fluid. I kept getting bored, and they never made an emphasis as to why the Inferno collection really mattered, and it seemed sort of like a ploy to have some focus object.

The character Dom seems like he was added just to have a "love triangle" though it wasn't really that, it was more a person to talk to to move the plot.

I didn't understand why the author put on the back cover that the main character had psychic abilities, and then n
Maryr
Aug 13, 2009 Maryr rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this romantic mystery novel very much. The characters seemed very real. It was an exciting page turner and I couldn't put it down until I finished it. I read this novel after I read the author's second adult mystery and look forward to more novels in this series.
Elizabeth
Sep 25, 2011 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
An interesting book of the librarian sleuth genre. I would like to read the next book in the series to learn more about Kim.
Patty
Aug 21, 2009 Patty rated it really liked it
I liked the characters in this book, and of course, I liked the setting with a university librarian as the main character. The only thing I didn't like was the obvious "clue" that the librarian missed, at least it was very obvious to me. No spoilers here - but it did keep the book from being great to me instead it was just good.

Kim gets involved with murder when her friend, Loretta, is found dead of a drug overdose even though she had been clean for many years. Not believing it is an accident or
Dharia Scarab
Nov 13, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it really liked it

4 sta
Vicki Gooding
Jun 10, 2013 Vicki Gooding rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good theme that was a bit unique. The main character works in an University Library. A friend of hers asks if the Library has and inferno collection. This usually means an original work that no one talked about and kept under lock and key because it was risque or for reasons to avoid censorship. Working in the University Library, in the USA in today's standards she does not really think that can be the case. But the friend ends up dying. Several other chilling events begin to happen. It isn't a ...more
Kori
Dec 08, 2008 Kori rated it it was ok
[2.5 stars]

Kim Reynolds, a clairvoyant university reference librarian, is contacted by her friend Loretta about the possible existence of a secret inferno collection (books considered morally unacceptable) being kept at the library. When Loretta turns up dead, Kim sets out to crack the case.

I thought this was fairly slow reading. The side plot about Kim's clairvoyance is underdeveloped, the killer is no surprise, and there's a lame little romance that doesn't really fit into the story. An intere
Sfdreams
Jul 21, 2009 Sfdreams rated it it was ok
I started this last night (July 9th) and am about one-fourth into the book. I'm not really keen on the main character yet, but I see promise (and this is the first book) so will probably go on to read the next book in the series.

Well, I finished the book, and I did grow to like the character somewhat, but not to the extent that I usually do. I will check out the next book though, before giving up on this series.
Tina
Nov 23, 2008 Tina rated it did not like it
It is pretty rare for me not to finish a book, especially once I've made it at least halfway through, but eventually I just had to give up on this one. Because it was all about a librarian, I really wanted to like it, but between the awkward dialog and the fact that I couldnt get into either the plot or the characters, it was impossible.
May
Mar 26, 2008 May rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, read-2008
Mystery/thriller featuring a reference librarian investigating the death of a friend and the possible existence of a banned book collection. However, the villains seemed cartoonish at times and the last 5 pages of the book read more like an amped up Harlequin novel. Still, it wasn't a bad read.
Avril
Jan 06, 2008 Avril rated it it was ok
Being a librarian, I was intrigued by the premise of this book: a college librarian stumbles across a notoriously private, inferno collection. However, the characters come across as wooden and the prose doesn't quite make the cut.
Anita Sego
Jul 11, 2013 Anita Sego rated it it was amazing
I have never heard of this author before but I really enjoyed this one. Well written, nice pacing, and good characters.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: A Kim Reynolds Mystery
Category: Mystery
Laura rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it did not like it
Feb 28, 2016
Yovonne
Yovonne rated it really liked it
May 01, 2016
Eadie
Eadie added it
Feb 17, 2016
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Colleen
Colleen rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2016
gess
gess added it
Jan 15, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Stephanie Arthurs
Stephanie Arthurs marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
chloe
chloe marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Wyntrnoire
Wyntrnoire rated it did not like it
Aug 15, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Robert Collins
Robert Collins marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
MYSTERY NOVELS B...: Books for Halloween Reading 1 4 Oct 31, 2013 03:20AM
Romance, Historic...: Blog and Book Giveaway 1 4 Apr 19, 2013 05:42AM
MYSTERY NOVELS B...: Blog and Book Giveaway 1 3 Apr 19, 2013 04:19AM

Kim Reynolds (4 books)
  • The Drowning Pool (Kim Reynolds, #2)
  • The Truth Sleuth (Kim Reynolds, #3)
  • The Bad Wife (Kim Reynolds, #4)