Start by marking “Fanny” as Want to Read:
Fanny

Fanny (Serendipity)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  187 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Sharing life lessons and memorable morals, the Serendipity(tm) books are a seasoned favorite with children and parents alike. So journey to the magical, mystical land of Serendipity(tm) with these four cherished editions featuring newly revised text from the author.

Fanny, a kitten with only three legs, and her friend Ruby, a puppy, help the other farm animals learn that
Published June 2nd 1987 by Price Stern Sloan (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Fanny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fanny

Julia Brumfield
Another "new" favorite and I wish I had found this earlier when I was growing up.

The illustrations are some of the best from Robin James while they fit the book so perfectly. It is also just enough to read the pictures.

I love the concept that Fanny goes around her business and isn't bothered by her missing leg. Sadly it is the other creatures that see she is different and it isn't the baby animals who want to talk with her. Instead their elders tell them or block them from speaking while mak
Kohana
I have adored this book since I was little and now share it with my cat. Sad, I know, but he doesn't seem to mind.
Samantha Lazar
Fanny is a cat who only has three legs. She is different from the rest of the animals on the farm, but she does not let that bring her down. Instead, she sets a great example by living her life to the fullest. She does not let her handicap stop her. This is a great book for children because it teaches them how to believe in themselves and not pay attention to negative comments or behaviors made by others. It is okay to be different, and each person must accept other peoples differences. That is ...more
Dee
Sep 09, 2014 Dee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any child.
A fantastic book that teaches kids about accepting and embracing those with disabilities, and the struggles that physically challenged people might face. It emphasizes compassion and kindness.
Hillary Troutman
I loved this series as a child! It taught me a lot about real life in a very simplistic / childlike manner. I'll definitely be adding these into my classroom library at school.
Jess
This was my favorite book as a wee one. At the time I could really relate to Fanny, the three legged cat. I guess because I always felt like I didn't quite fit in, like Fanny.
jacky
This is one of the Serendipity series books. This one is about a cat that is missing a leg. I don't remember the plot, but I do remember the illustrations.
Andd Becker
Author Stephen Cosgrove and illustrator Robin James have created a book about a three-legged cat who finds friends and happiness.
Joy
A longer book about a cat that only has three legs but isn't really accepted by the other animals on the farm.
Dae Ree
Dae Ree marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
lexie chapman
lexie chapman marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Salman13
Salman13 marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Chris Meier
Chris Meier marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Adgee
Adgee marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Eddnkj
Eddnkj marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
  • The Color Kittens
  • Dear Children of the Earth
  • The Market Square Dog
  • The Berenstain Bears and Mama's New Job
  • Wonderful Alexander and the Catwings (Catwings, #3)
  • Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum
  • ABC ZooBorns!
Serendipity Leo the Lop Flutterby Morgan and Me (Serendipity) Bangalee

“As you walk, hop, hobble, or wheel
Meeting people of different kinds,
Remember that being handicapped
Is only a state of mind”
21 likes