Start by marking “Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel (Beau Monde, #1)” as Want to Read:
Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel (Beau Monde, #1)

Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel (Beau Monde #1)

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  645 Ratings  ·  98 Reviews

HE'LL NEVER SETTLE FOR ONE WOMAN...

Debonair bachelor Lord Andrew Forest lives for pleasure and offers no apologies. But he receives a dose of his own medicine when his family's entrancing houseguest beds him, then disappears without so much as a by-your-leave. He'd like to teach the little vixen a thing or two about how to love and man...if he can find her..

AND SHE WON'T

To ask other readers questions about Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel

Jill

For Lana Hillary attracting the attentions of the wrong type of man is apparently easy. Losing that man is a little more difficult. To avoid the unwanted admirer Lana escapes via a window. Her less-than-graceful exit is watched by Lord Andrew Forest. Grabbing a nearby tree branch Lana’s skirts become entangled and she is unable to move. Seeing the drama unfold before his curious eyes Drew comes to Lana’s rescue.

Phoebe, Lana’s friend and also Drew’s sister-in-law, suggests Lana accompany
Lisa
Miss Lana Hillary has gotten herself into a bit of a situation. She has found herself attracted to the type of man she has sworn off after a broken engagement, a scoundrel. And unfortunately her first meeting with this scoundrel is quite indecent to say the least. As Lana is trying to escape the lecherous advances of a man she disgusts, she climbs out of a window and hangs there until the rakish Lord Andrew Forest happens by and is able to help. But as Andrew is a rake of the highest order, he t ...more
Angelc
Feb 13, 2012 Angelc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

3.5 Stars

This book was okay but it was missing something for me. I was entertained, but it seemed to lack substance. It wasn't really a story that stood out among other historical romances.

I wasn't really impressed by the hero, I couldn't understand what Lana saw in him besides his good looks. He did improve as the book went on, but I still couldn't see why she was so willing to risk everything for him in the beginning. I also found it hard to trust him because he seemed to have another woman in
Mandi Schreiner
Feb 07, 2012 Mandi Schreiner rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Lana Hillary had a fiancé who she discovered was a liar, so now she is on the search for a decent, respectable man. With pressure from her mother to find a husband this season, she is intensely looking for the right person. But she refuses to be stuck with someone she doesn’t like, which is how she finds herself climbing down a tree after an unpleasant gentleman tries to woo her at a ball. With the help of a stranger, who happens to be Lord Andrew Forest or Drew, she gets down the tree without m ...more
ஐ Canan ஐ `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._
şu edisyon hataları olmasa 4 puan verebilirdim..
hikaye iyiydi..ama çok çabuk aşık oldular sanki...

neyse kızımızın annesi, Lana'yı evlendirmekte kararlı..
Ama Lana eski nişanlısıyla yaşadığı olaylar sebebiyle evliliğe negatif bakmakta.
Drew ise çapkın, hovarda.klasik erkek karakterlerden yani.
Oda evliliğe, aşka karşı..inanmıyor öyle şeylere.
Derken çiftimiz ilginç bir şekilde karşılaşıyor.Bir ev, balo, gece ve 2. katın camından sarkan Lana.
Durumu düşünmeyi size bırakıyorum.
Derken Lana çapkınımız hak
ѕєяєηιтι
Beklediğimden çok daha iyi çıkan bir kitaptı beğendim diyebilirim

Yanlız bu kadarda olmaz denilecek cinsten edisyon hataları vardı ya basmadan önce bi kişidemi okumaz kontrol etmez inanılır gibi değil yani okuma zevkinin içine ediyor resmen bu hatalar. O yüzden baştan uyarmakta fayda var belki o hatalar sizi cileden çıkartabilir ama katlanırsanız hoş bir kitap sizi bekliyor katnamazsanızda anlaşılır bir durum olur kesinlikle...

dip not: adamın kıza sürekli şeftalim demesi çok hoşuma gitmedi yanlız
Linda Banche
Feb 25, 2012 Linda Banche rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Samantha Grace’s debut Regency historical, MISS HILLARY SCHOOLS A SCOUNDREL, is a laugh-out-loud tale of two unlikely lovers and the obstacles to true love, most of which they created themselves.

After breaking her engagement to a fortune-hunting rake, heiress Lana seeks a man who wants her and not her money. Lord Andrew is rich enough not to care about her dowry, but he’s still a rake with no interest in marriage. Her mother has picked a foreign nobleman for her, but Lana doesn’t care for him. S
Melanie
Jun 27, 2012 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel" is Samantha Grace's debut novel and its setting, romance and humor are just some of the things that finally won me over.

As the story opens, our heroine Miss Lana Hillary is at a ball and trying to escape a suitor that's not so suitable. As she finds herself cornered in one of the rooms, she figures the only way to escape the dastardly man is to jump from the window, and that's when she encounters our hero, Lord Andrew Forest.

This is a very familiar theme and I
Misty
May 17, 2012 Misty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He'll never settle for one woman...

And she won't settle for heartbreak...
After the dashing man of her dreams is revealed as a lying scoundrel, heiress Lana Hilary is ready to s
Danielle
I really enjoyed the first few chapters of this book. But as soon as I got deeper into the story and got a feel for the characters a bit, I just found myself more and more disinterested with everything. The book read more like a novella. I just didn't believe in some of the actions of the characters. Everything just became so cutesy and too predictable. I got more than half-way through when I decided to put the book down in frustration. Now here I am two months later and I still don't have the d ...more
Esra
Jan 15, 2015 Esra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kitap öyle güzel başladı ki nasıl umutlandım anlatamam..
Ama sonra bir kitap nasıl mahvedilirin en güzel örneklerinden birine dönüştü maalesef...
O güzelim karakterler ve baştaki sahne(ağaç, Lana ve Drew) hatırına çok puan kırmayacağım!!!
Angela
Feb 10, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance, historical romance
What a great start to a new series! The series will revolve around four men in Regency England that pretty much has anything they want. This debut follows Lord Andrew Forest, who is the type to be upfront about what he wants, which is usually a very short affair. All that changes when he meets Lana Hillary, a woman he can't get out of his mind. What follows is Drew chasing after Lana in an attempt to prove his love for her and convince her to marry him. It was nice to see that Drew was chasing a ...more
Dayse Dantas
ok, so actually the beginning was quite fun and amazing, and I had some great laughs and tingly feelings. But at some point I just... I didn't really care, anymore? The love declarations went on and on and on, and, you know, even though that's what I'm usually looking for in a romance book, sometimes the love declarations have to give way to love actions, which I didn't really saw in this book? Sure, there were "sacrifices", but.... they felt flat. I don't know. Also, I don't really like when se ...more
Nesli
Jan 26, 2014 Nesli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-my-library
Melissa J. Katano
I love the title. I love the plot. I did not love the characters. Actually, that's not entirely true. I really liked Andrew. Scoundrel, rake, recently come into a fortune that saves him from having to be a fortune hunter. However, Lana.... yeah, not so much. But, I wanted to. Really, I did.

We first meet Lana when she's being chased by an older viscount, in need of her dowry. She nearly gets herself caught in a compromising position, but manages to rescue herself by climbing out the window and da
Linda
Mar 18, 2012 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I started off liking it. It was kinda cute with the snappy repartee btwn the H/H & also the sibling bickering btwn the hero & his younger sister. Unfortunately somewhere towards the last 1/4 or so of the bk the cutesyness got a bit overdone. The names too were a bit unusual (Lana/Alana?) as well as the hero calling the heroine peach?
Michele Lacroix
I loved this book, The main characters Miss Lana Hillary, who has had her heart broken and believes no man can ever love her for her, falls into the arms of Lord Andrew Forest while escaping through a bedroom window. Andrew is a jades rake, when he falls for Miss Lana Hillary.
Jenn
Aug 23, 2012 Jenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read lots of horror and amongst them is one fluff novel or two. This one was light and fun. It dragged a bit in the end but was still quite enjoyable.
Aslıhan Sedef
Apr 13, 2013 Aslıhan Sedef rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kütüphanemde
süpperdi :) tutkulu aşk romanlarını ve ukala , çapkın , bir o kadar da etkileyici erkek karakterleri seviyorsanız tam size göre, ben çok sevdim :)
Kirsten Lenius
Jan 26, 2013 Kirsten Lenius rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A reasonobly good Regency romance, this story wandered a little and could have been tightened up. Overall though, it was a pleasant read.
Maggie
Aug 27, 2012 Maggie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this was a good start for the first in this sereies. I look forward to reading future installments.
Lilmissmolly
Oct 25, 2012 Lilmissmolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I really like the easy conversations that are written. This book is fun and very enjoyable!
Renn
Jun 26, 2012 Renn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked samantha frace, first time I read her book. Deffently love the story line.
Marlene
Feb 15, 2013 Marlene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: public-library
I enjoyed this storey--read this in a day, now want to read the rest of the series
Samantha
Aug 16, 2012 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Refreshingly original twist on a typical regency romance, loved it
Cherry
Mar 13, 2012 Cherry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable. Drew was utterly charming
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Let me start by saying I love this book. The two main characters are a fun combination that you know is going to be good. Come on when you you start the book you first meet Alana Hillary climbing out of a library window from the second floor trying to escape some Lord and Andrew Forest just happens to be there to help her.

All scoundrels have there code of honor of staying away from innocent girls, however when it comes to the right girl they tend throwout there code of honor, which tends be a li
Karen
Apr 06, 2012 Karen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
SidneyKay
What's The Name o...: Regency Romance Novel [s] 4 22 Apr 22, 2013 11:06AM
  • A Gentleman Says "I Do" (The Rogues' Dynasty, #5)
  • Too Wicked to Wed (Lords of Midnight, #1)
  • The Rogue Pirate's Bride (The Sons of the Revolution, #3)
  • A Secret in Her Kiss
  • A Lady's Revenge (Nexus, #1)
  • More Than a Stranger (Sealed With a Kiss, #1)
  • Sweet Enemy (Veiled Seduction, #1)
  • Between the Duke and the Deep Blue Sea (Royal Entourage, #1)
  • How to Dance with a Duke (Ugly Ducklings, #1)
  • The Tattooed Duke (The Writing Girls, #3)
  • Princess Charming (Legendary Lovers, #1)
  • Loving Lady Marcia (House of Brady, #1)
  • The Price of Temptation
  • Bedding Lord Ned (Duchess of Love, #1)
  • An Affair with Mr. Kennedy (The Gentlemen of Scotland Yard, #1)
  • Blame It on Bath (The Truth About the Duke, #2)
  • Texas Pride (Night Riders, #6)
  • Not Wicked Enough (Reforming the Scoundrels, #1)
Historical romance author Samantha Grace discovered the appeal of a great love story when she was just a young girl, thanks to Disney's Robin Hood. She didn't care that Robin Hood and Maid Marian were cartoon animals. It was her first happily-ever-after experience and she didn't want the warm fuzzies to end. Now Samantha enjoys creating her own happy-endings for characters that spring from her ima ...more
More about Samantha Grace...

Beau Monde (4 books)
  • Lady Amelia's Mess and a Half (Beau Monde, #2)
  • Miss Lavigne's Little White Lie (Beau Monde, #3)
  • Lady Vivian Defies a Duke (Beau Monde #4)

“ Ah şeftalim kapıyı açman niye bu kadar uzun sürdü?”

Drew’u karşısında bir tepsiyle görünce Lana’nın bütün öfkesi geri dönmüştü. Tepsideki elma tartını alıp onun suratına yapıştırdı.

Of, of, of hayır, olamaz! Nefesini tutup bir adım geriye gitti. Ne yaptığını sanıyordu? Bu sefer fazla ileri gitmişti ve asil bir ailenin üyesine hakaret etmişti. Hem de elma tartıyla.

Drew tepsiyi yan sehpaya yerleştirmeden önce bacağıyla kapıyı kapattı. İşaret parmağıyla suratından aşağıya akan tartı çenesinden silmeye çalıştı.
“Tanrı aşkına, Lana! Sana elma sevmediğimi söylemiştim.” Gülerken dudağının bir tarafının yukarı kıvrılması bulaşıcıydı sanki. Lana bile bu berbat durum karşısında gülmeye başladı.

“Ç-çok özür dilerim lordum. Bana ne olduğunu anlayamadım.” Hemen ellerini yıkadığı kabın yanına gitti ve oradaki bezi ona uzattı.

Drew bezi kabul etmedi. ”Sen yap. Senin marifetini ben niye temizleyecek mişim?”

Drew sandalyelerden birine oturdu ve Lana’yı bacaklarının arasında duracak şekilde önüne çekti.

Lana kıpırdanarak sırtındaki ellerden kurtulmaya çalıştı, ancak bu sadece Drew’un ellerinin yer değiştirmesine ve kalçasının üzerinde gezinmesine yardımcı oldu. “Lord Andrew.”

“Efendim, Bayan Hillary?”

“Lütfen ellerinizi üzerimden çeker misiniz?”

“Drew ellerini dizlerinin üzerine koydu. “Özürlerimi kabul edin, Bayan Hillary. Birden kendimi kaybettim.”
0 likes