Start by marking “One True Love ” as Want to Read:
One True Love

One True Love

Lord William Prescott is in want of a wife. Unfortunately, the lady he wants is betrothed.

Miss Cassandra Chambers simply cannot understand her attraction to Lord William. After all, she is supposed to be in love with Mr. Miles Parker. In a scandalous twist of fate, Cassie's future changes when Lord William rides to her rescue, saves her from ruin, and makes her his wife.

Wh
Published December 22nd 2011 by An Original Press

To ask other readers questions about One True Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One True Love

Danielle
Jan 02, 2013 Danielle rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, kindle
An adult fairy tale. I could feel the emotions depicted in the characters with Follett's beautiful writing. There is love, romance, passion as well as terror and anguish (o and sex!). An absolute stunning story line and I was thoroughly pleased with giving this book a go. :)
Melody Anne
Jan 04, 2012 Melody Anne rated it it was amazing
This is an excellently written book, and I was in love with the characters. they were all well developed, loveable and this book was worth my time reading. I would highly recommend it if you like period romance. Plus it has a very hotttt cover.
Allie
Feb 21, 2014 Allie rated it really liked it
I love Regency novels, and though predictable at times, I really likes this one. I hope to find more books about this family. I definitely stayed up too late reading towards the end.
Emily
Oct 26, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adult Women
Recommended to Emily by: ebook on Amazon
I found One True Love for free in kindle books on Amazon, so I decided to download and give it a try.

I loved every page until I reached about 93% and then the loved turned to like. This is not a bad thing. I still very much enjoyed the read, but once I got my happily-ever-after, my attention towards the ending faded.

By no means do I like rushed endings, but this ending took a little too long. But, like I said, I still really liked this book. I'll probably even read it again, but I'll just stop
Tonileg
Apr 13, 2012 Tonileg rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, holiday, kindle
Lord William Prescott is starting to feel cursed, he has asked a dozen women to marry him, with a dozen refusals. Miss Cassandra Chambers finds herself attracted to Lord Prescott although she should be in love with Mr. Miles Parker.
Although love rarely stays on plan when there is so many things that can go wrong, starting with personal delusions.
I fell in love with the Prescott family, I love huge mixed personality family get together. I am bias because it reminds me so much of my own crazy fam
Lily Rose
Oct 11, 2012 Lily Rose rated it it was ok
"One True Love"? Where's the love?
I don't see so much love to say the truth and what about this curse? I don't understand why William was rejected so many times since he's described as a very handsome man, with wealth, property and manners. If it depends on the curse, well, after the first lines it's been mentioned it's as if there never were one so why to tell about it in the first place?
I don't understand the sudden interest in Cassie by William that labeled her as the one. It'd have had been
Shawna Hansen
Aug 10, 2012 Shawna Hansen rated it liked it
Refreshing that the male hero is the one who is seeking his one true love. This was a fun story, but a little slow at times. William Prescott proposed marriage 12 times, but was rejected each time because of his family curse that the second Prescott son carried over the generations. The family legend was a bit weak and even the characters thought it was quite silly. Cassandra is lucky #13 and the sparks fly when they first meet. Unfortunately, she is already engaged. She falls for William and th ...more
Megan
I liked this more than I care to admit, however will refrain from giving it 4 stars because I felt the circumstances happening in the book were far too coincidental.

It is obvious what kind of story this is, and on that point, it delivered; however, I was slightly disappointed in the story because of its aforementioned coincidences that happened.

I would, however, recommend this book to those who enjoy this particular genre, because that was very good and well written. The story was simply fine; n
Kai
Feb 19, 2012 Kai rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2012
The story was fine, but the reason I couldn't give this more stars is that is was so badly written. The grammar, the missing words that define context and tense. I found myself rewritting the book in my head as I was reading it and that was annoying.

This wasn't a pleasure to read and for a quick, easy read, this was not a book that matched my expectations.
Maura
Mar 01, 2012 Maura rated it liked it
Shelves: regency
Regency, hero is Lord William a good son in want of a wife. He has the worst luck in keeping a woman. Heroine Cassie is engaged to another. Cassie does something that cause a marriage of convience. Of course, they embark on a romance. Book is filled with a ton of misunderstandings that could have been resolved a lot quicker.
Milena's Book Corner
Mar 29, 2012 Milena's Book Corner rated it it was ok
One True Love is an OK read, I wouldn't say it was badly written however there were a number of missing or/and misspelt words and the grammar needs a little refining. I also found myself rewritting the book in my head whilst reading it, which pulled me away from the actual story.

Definitely didn't exceed my expectations and truthfully I wouldn't recommend it.
Jenn
Aug 05, 2015 Jenn rated it liked it
Shelves: own
This one was pretty decent! Considering I got it for free for the Kindle, it's excellent. This was another case of the two main characters not talking to each other so much misundertanding happens. But it felt more believable here. This doesn't appear to be a series, but it reads like it's part of one.
Ashley Mayer
Feb 14, 2012 Ashley Mayer rated it liked it
One True Love was the story of Cassie and William. When they meet Cassie is betrothed to another man, but that doesn't stop William from stealing kisses. This was a good story, with lots of tension and confusion between the characters. I enjoyed it and hope there is more to come.
Janine
Jun 29, 2013 Janine rated it did not like it
Poorly developed!

I love a good bodice-ripper every once in a while, but general character development is still needed to carry the story. This book doesn't deliver.
Ayana
Oct 02, 2012 Ayana rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2012-read
IT WAS HORRIBLE.

Review to come. Maybe. If I feel like to visit those horrendous, terrible, endless-frustation feelings AGAIN.
Amy
Feb 15, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
This was pretty much what you'd expect a romance to be. It was a bit slow at first but picked up near the middle, so it wasnt' bad.
Christine
Mar 17, 2012 Christine rated it did not like it
I cannot even remember what this one is about-- poor unmemorable book.
Chris
Feb 25, 2012 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-shelf
Kindle free ebook...3.5 stars.
Beeface
Feb 29, 2012 Beeface rated it did not like it
Shelves: never-again
Free Kindle download... paid too much
Sarah rated it it was ok
Aug 18, 2012
Kim
Kim rated it it was ok
Apr 29, 2012
Angela Anthony
Angela Anthony rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2012
Caroline Daniela
Caroline Daniela rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2012
Lucybee
Lucybee rated it did not like it
Feb 01, 2015
Melissa (Rhi)
Melissa (Rhi) rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2012
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2015
angela thorpe
angela thorpe rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2013
Michele Beauchamp
Michele Beauchamp rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2013
Laura rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • To Seduce a Rogue (Southern Heat, #1)
  • Masquerade Secrets (Scandals and Secrets, #2)
  • The Countess' Lucky Charm
  • An Unforgettable Rogue (Rogues Club, #2)
  • Forever Mine (The Rumor, #0.5)
  • Texas Hold Him
  • Midsummer Eve At Rookery End
  • A Twist of Fate
  • Beauty for Ashes
  • Captain Corcoran's Hoyden Bride
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • Nothing To Commend Her
  • A Lascivious Lady (Wedded Women Quartet, #3)
  • My Lady's Treasure
  • The Bride Wore Spurs (Inconvenient Brides, #1)
  • Heartless