Start by marking “One True Love ” as Want to Read:
One True Love
Preview

One True Love

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  139 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Lord William Prescott is in want of a wife. Unfortunately, the lady he wants is betrothed.

Miss Cassandra Chambers simply cannot understand her attraction to Lord William. After all, she is supposed to be in love with Mr. Miles Parker. In a scandalous twist of fate, Cassie's future changes when Lord William rides to her rescue, saves her from ruin, and makes her his wife.

Wh
Published December 22nd 2011 by An Original Press

To ask other readers questions about One True Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One True Love

Allie
I love Regency novels, and though predictable at times, I really likes this one. I hope to find more books about this family. I definitely stayed up too late reading towards the end.
Danielle
An adult fairy tale. I could feel the emotions depicted in the characters with Follett's beautiful writing. There is love, romance, passion as well as terror and anguish (o and sex!). An absolute stunning story line and I was thoroughly pleased with giving this book a go. :)
Melody Anne
This is an excellently written book, and I was in love with the characters. they were all well developed, loveable and this book was worth my time reading. I would highly recommend it if you like period romance. Plus it has a very hotttt cover.
Tonileg
Lord William Prescott is starting to feel cursed, he has asked a dozen women to marry him, with a dozen refusals. Miss Cassandra Chambers finds herself attracted to Lord Prescott although she should be in love with Mr. Miles Parker.
Although love rarely stays on plan when there is so many things that can go wrong, starting with personal delusions.
I fell in love with the Prescott family, I love huge mixed personality family get together. I am bias because it reminds me so much of my own crazy fam
Emily
Oct 26, 2012 Emily rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adult Women
Recommended to Emily by: ebook on Amazon
I found One True Love for free in kindle books on Amazon, so I decided to download and give it a try.

I loved every page until I reached about 93% and then the loved turned to like. This is not a bad thing. I still very much enjoyed the read, but once I got my happily-ever-after, my attention towards the ending faded.

By no means do I like rushed endings, but this ending took a little too long. But, like I said, I still really liked this book. I'll probably even read it again, but I'll just stop
Lily Rose
"One True Love"? Where's the love?
I don't see so much love to say the truth and what about this curse? I don't understand why William was rejected so many times since he's described as a very handsome man, with wealth, property and manners. If it depends on the curse, well, after the first lines it's been mentioned it's as if there never were one so why to tell about it in the first place?
I don't understand the sudden interest in Cassie by William that labeled her as the one. It'd have had been
Shawna Hansen
Refreshing that the male hero is the one who is seeking his one true love. This was a fun story, but a little slow at times. William Prescott proposed marriage 12 times, but was rejected each time because of his family curse that the second Prescott son carried over the generations. The family legend was a bit weak and even the characters thought it was quite silly. Cassandra is lucky #13 and the sparks fly when they first meet. Unfortunately, she is already engaged. She falls for William and th ...more
Megan
I liked this more than I care to admit, however will refrain from giving it 4 stars because I felt the circumstances happening in the book were far too coincidental.

It is obvious what kind of story this is, and on that point, it delivered; however, I was slightly disappointed in the story because of its aforementioned coincidences that happened.

I would, however, recommend this book to those who enjoy this particular genre, because that was very good and well written. The story was simply fine; n
Kai
The story was fine, but the reason I couldn't give this more stars is that is was so badly written. The grammar, the missing words that define context and tense. I found myself rewritting the book in my head as I was reading it and that was annoying.

This wasn't a pleasure to read and for a quick, easy read, this was not a book that matched my expectations.
Milena's Book Corner
One True Love is an OK read, I wouldn't say it was badly written however there were a number of missing or/and misspelt words and the grammar needs a little refining. I also found myself rewritting the book in my head whilst reading it, which pulled me away from the actual story.

Definitely didn't exceed my expectations and truthfully I wouldn't recommend it.
Maura
Regency, hero is Lord William a good son in want of a wife. He has the worst luck in keeping a woman. Heroine Cassie is engaged to another. Cassie does something that cause a marriage of convience. Of course, they embark on a romance. Book is filled with a ton of misunderstandings that could have been resolved a lot quicker.
Ashley Mayer
One True Love was the story of Cassie and William. When they meet Cassie is betrothed to another man, but that doesn't stop William from stealing kisses. This was a good story, with lots of tension and confusion between the characters. I enjoyed it and hope there is more to come.
Janine
Poorly developed!

I love a good bodice-ripper every once in a while, but general character development is still needed to carry the story. This book doesn't deliver.
Amy
This was pretty much what you'd expect a romance to be. It was a bit slow at first but picked up near the middle, so it wasnt' bad.
Ayana
IT WAS HORRIBLE.

Review to come. Maybe. If I feel like to visit those horrendous, terrible, endless-frustation feelings AGAIN.
Christine
I cannot even remember what this one is about-- poor unmemorable book.
Chris
Kindle free ebook...3.5 stars.
Beeface
Free Kindle download... paid too much
Sidonia
Sidonia marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
LaRue Beckley
LaRue Beckley marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Chedu
Chedu marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Bev Ross
Bev Ross marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Kaia
Kaia marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Sissy
Sissy marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
  • To Seduce a Rogue (Southern Heat, #1)
  • The Countess' Lucky Charm
  • An Unforgettable Rogue (Rogues Club, #2)
  • Forever Mine (The Rumor, #0.5)
  • Nothing To Commend Her
  • A Twist of Fate
  • Scandal of Love (Scandals & Secrets, #1)
  • Beauty for Ashes
  • Midsummer Eve At Rookery End
  • The Bride Wore Spurs (Inconvenient Brides, #1)
  • Texas Hold Him
  • Of Noble Birth
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • A Most Unsuitable Earl (Marriage By Scandal, #2)
  • A Lascivious Lady (Wedded Women Quartet, #3)
  • Twice a Rake
  • Intentions of the Earl (Scandalous Sisters #1)
  • The Panther and the Pearl