Start by marking “Raising An All American: Helping Your Child Excel In Athletics (And In Life)” as Want to Read:
Raising An All American: Helping Your Child Excel In Athletics (And In Life)

Raising An All American: Helping Your Child Excel In Athletics (And In Life)

Raising An All-American is not just for parents who have kids in sports, the book is an inspiring road map into raising responsible, loving, and emotionally fit individuals. The Nine Parts of The All-American Puzzle can be implemented into everone's life...it's quite inspiring. Everyone should read this book.
Published by Spring Creek Book Company

To ask other readers questions about Raising An All American, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raising An All American

Rory
Jul 27, 2013 Rory rated it really liked it
It seems like most parents have forgotten how to appropriately help their children excel in athletics. All you have to do is attend a youth sporting event to see the evidence that a book like this should be mandatory reading for the parents, and child for that matter, of anyone playing competitive sports.
Tom Peterson
Jun 13, 2009 Tom Peterson rated it it was amazing
Excellent ideas about raising kids to strive for excellence in whatever they do. It's especially good if those kids are athletic (but not necessary). I especially like the concept of "be your own coach." Durrant was a better ball player than a writer, but that's what makes it so good. I've given the book to my 14-year-old son to read next.
Karma
Jan 07, 2009 Karma rated it liked it
This book is great for those who have children involved in sports. It give great pointers and tips on how to deal with coaches, balancing school, and how to help your child be sucessful not only in a sport.
Stacey
Jul 30, 2008 Stacey rated it really liked it
I've got to start figuring this all out since I have 4 boys (and no brothers to compare/learn from...maybe that's a good thing!)
Aimee Tubbs
Aug 21, 2008 Aimee Tubbs rated it liked it
This book has given me some things to think about as I raise my children. I've been able to use a couple of his examples to help them along recently.
Lisa
Sep 06, 2011 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I liked it! There's great advice for everyone, not just athletes. I wish I would have read it when I was in high school and participating in athletics. Great for everyone to read.
Stacey
Mar 10, 2009 Stacey rated it really liked it
I am reading it a second time. Great. (And doesn't only apply to sports)
Blake
Blake rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2008
Stacey Peterson
Stacey Peterson rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2009
Marion Lybbert
Marion Lybbert rated it it was ok
Feb 24, 2012
Melanie Olson
Melanie Olson rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2013
Troy Grimes
Troy Grimes rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2011
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2009
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2008
Meghan
Meghan is currently reading it
Feb 06, 2009
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2012
Blake
Blake marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2013
Courtney Jackson
Courtney Jackson marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2013
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Kevin Shipp
Kevin Shipp marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016