Start by marking “Farm-Fresh Cats” as Want to Read:
Farm-Fresh Cats

Farm-Fresh Cats

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  75 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Consider if you will An ordinary day . . .
An ordinary farm . . .
An ordinary crop . . .

Or is it?
Published August 1st 2006 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Farm-Fresh Cats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Farm-Fresh Cats

Ina
Jul 30, 2014 Ina rated it really liked it
Farmer Ray and his wife Norma are an ordinary couple who live on an ordinary farm…until something strange happens one night. Suddenly, Farmer Ray discovers something strange has happened to his cabbage crop. Bright, bold illustrations and simple text filled with humor made this a hit with my story time audience…especially when Farmer Ray and Norma have trouble knowing when this new crop is ripe and ready to be picked. There is a nice laugh-out-loud twist at the end.
Jun 05, 2015 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This is one of the most bizarre children's book I've read. Truly. Three stars for my total astonishment.
Andy
Jan 19, 2008 Andy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: cat lovers, kids, cartoon fans
Shelves: kidstuff
Great children's book about wild lunar energy creating a galactic force that makes cats grow out of a farmer's crop by the thousands. The book is illustrated by a Hollywood animator and the drawings are top-notch. Your kid will love this book and grown-up cat lovers will enjoy it, too.
Alice
Sep 05, 2014 Alice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a silly book about "growing Cats" in the ground. The Farmer was certain he was growing Cabbage...but nope... It was good, but I think it might have been funnier if the plants had a cat name like Cattails or Catnip... over all an in interesting concept with nice pictures and imagination!
The Brothers
Jan 28, 2016 The Brothers rated it liked it
Shelves: aliens, cats, farms
A unique little story about a farmer who's cabbage crop mysteriously becomes green cats from outer space.

Illustrations are fun to look at.
Nancy
Apr 06, 2014 Nancy rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, childrens
Alien visitations, bumper crops of kittens, farmers, what more do you need in a childrens' book?
Rachel Rouleau
I thought this one was really fun and creative. My 3.5 year old loved it.
Liz
Aug 06, 2014 Liz rated it really liked it
Adorable book for my storytime collection.
Meghan Hunt
Apr 09, 2013 Meghan Hunt rated it really liked it
Shelves: jp-picture-books
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
Well, this was different-- and very clever! I shudder to think how I'd be overrun if every cat hair shed by my cats grew into another whole cat. I especially liked the illustrations of the cats growing gradually up out of the earth, and the pictures of the cats who were "picked" too soon or too late. A fun read for cat lovers!
Tam
Jul 20, 2014 Tam rated it it was ok
Kirsten
Jul 15, 2009 Kirsten rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
A great and fantastically weird story about alien cats coming down one night and planting themselves in a farmer's cabbage patch. I did this for story time, had a plant pot craft. The kids really seemed to enjoy it and even loved the surprise twist ending!
Emily
May 17, 2012 Emily rated it liked it
Loved it! Zany and silly, it smacks of Wanda Gags Millions of Cats--for any who were fans of that bizarre dreamlike book. The illustrations are especially fresh and fun with the hint of a retro air about them.
Julia
Awesome picture book about an alien invasion of cats that grow in a farmers patch after a meteor strikes.
Megan
Aug 29, 2008 Megan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
I got a kick out of this one. We just borrowed it from the library and I thought it was great.
Holly
May 16, 2009 Holly rated it liked it
This is a funny little story with whimzy illustrations. We enjoyed planting cats after reading it.
Skylar Burris
Jul 05, 2010 Skylar Burris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
A cute, unusual story about some ordinary farms who plant cabbage but reap cats.
Erin
Jan 17, 2015 Erin rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Cute. Creepy, but cute.
Chrystal
Jun 30, 2010 Chrystal rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-to-children
This one is a bit weird...
Maya
Apr 14, 2012 Maya rated it liked it
So cute!! Very silly and fun.
May 23, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime-books
Farm Storytime
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Library
Library rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Kellie
Kellie rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Mark Fehlandt
Mark Fehlandt rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2016
Jie Gao
Jie Gao rated it it was ok
Jan 22, 2016