Start by marking “Farm-Fresh Cats” as Want to Read:
Farm-Fresh Cats

Farm-Fresh Cats

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Consider if you will An ordinary day . . .
An ordinary farm . . .
An ordinary crop . . .

Or is it?
Published August 1st 2006 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Farm-Fresh Cats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Farm-Fresh Cats

Ina
Farmer Ray and his wife Norma are an ordinary couple who live on an ordinary farm…until something strange happens one night. Suddenly, Farmer Ray discovers something strange has happened to his cabbage crop. Bright, bold illustrations and simple text filled with humor made this a hit with my story time audience…especially when Farmer Ray and Norma have trouble knowing when this new crop is ripe and ready to be picked. There is a nice laugh-out-loud twist at the end.
Andy
Jan 19, 2008 Andy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: cat lovers, kids, cartoon fans
Shelves: kidstuff
Great children's book about wild lunar energy creating a galactic force that makes cats grow out of a farmer's crop by the thousands. The book is illustrated by a Hollywood animator and the drawings are top-notch. Your kid will love this book and grown-up cat lovers will enjoy it, too.
Alice
This is a silly book about "growing Cats" in the ground. The Farmer was certain he was growing Cabbage...but nope... It was good, but I think it might have been funnier if the plants had a cat name like Cattails or Catnip... over all an in interesting concept with nice pictures and imagination!
Nancy
Alien visitations, bumper crops of kittens, farmers, what more do you need in a childrens' book?
Liz
Adorable book for my storytime collection.
Meghan Hunt
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
Well, this was different-- and very clever! I shudder to think how I'd be overrun if every cat hair shed by my cats grew into another whole cat. I especially liked the illustrations of the cats growing gradually up out of the earth, and the pictures of the cats who were "picked" too soon or too late. A fun read for cat lovers!
Tam
Kirsten
A great and fantastically weird story about alien cats coming down one night and planting themselves in a farmer's cabbage patch. I did this for story time, had a plant pot craft. The kids really seemed to enjoy it and even loved the surprise twist ending!
Emily
Loved it! Zany and silly, it smacks of Wanda Gags Millions of Cats--for any who were fans of that bizarre dreamlike book. The illustrations are especially fresh and fun with the hint of a retro air about them.
Julia
Awesome picture book about an alien invasion of cats that grow in a farmers patch after a meteor strikes.
Megan
I got a kick out of this one. We just borrowed it from the library and I thought it was great.
Holly
This is a funny little story with whimzy illustrations. We enjoyed planting cats after reading it.
Skylar Burris
A cute, unusual story about some ordinary farms who plant cabbage but reap cats.
Erin
Cute. Creepy, but cute.
Chrystal
This one is a bit weird...
Maya
So cute!! Very silly and fun.
Farm Storytime
M
M marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Which Way to Witch School? Isaac the Ice-Cream Truck The Little Skyscraper New Myartslab -- Standalone Access Card -- For Guide to Graphic Design Guide to Graphic Design Plus New Myartslab with Etext -- Access Card Package