Start by marking “Drake of Tanith (The Chosen Soul, #2)” as Want to Read:
Drake of Tanith (The Chosen Soul, #2)

Drake of Tanith (The Chosen Soul #2)

Eons ago, the darkly handsome and infamous bounty hunter Drake of Tanith turned his back on his diabolical heritage in favor of freedom from the infernal influences of his kind. But now his indomitable father has delivered the worst kind of ultimatum: He must give up his soul and return to the life he left behind – or he must give up his love.

In the ultimate race against t
Published December 21st 2011

To ask other readers questions about Drake of Tanith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drake of Tanith

Nicky Cartwright Pashley
Jan 15, 2012 Nicky Cartwright Pashley rated it it was amazing
Drake has been banished to the Witherlands from whence there is no escape. Raven is bewitched and held as an unknowing captive by the Elven Prince. However, Raven Winter is the daughter of Malphas, the second most powerful of demonkind ..... she also possesses the oldest soul, the Chosen soul. This book is fast paced and action packed. I found it hard to put down! Through dimensions and realms, political machinations and cold hearted murder. Raven is once more pursued by the most dangerous of ma ...more
Patti Boutte
Dec 30, 2011 Patti Boutte rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Drake of Tanith. OMG!! I loved it. I can't wait for the next one.
Alyssa
Jul 20, 2012 Alyssa rated it it was amazing
When the author gifted me this book, I have to say I was soooo excited! I read The Chosen Soul and loved it, and could not wait for a sequel. Drake of Tanith definitely exceeded my expectations.

Summary: Cruor is dead. Drake is in the Witherlands. And now Raven Grey is stuck in the elves' palace. Desperate to escape, Raven makes a promise with the elf princess and leaves, searching for Drake. But things are not so easy. Drake struggles to hold on to Raven while fighting off a man he loathes. And
Belkis
Jan 10, 2012 Belkis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely riveting. This book was amazing and definitely worth the wait. Wow! Heart pounding, breath stopping, gut wrenching, nail biting, tear jerking, great! What a followup book to The Chosen Soul. I'm so in LOVE with the two main characters Raven and Drake that Heather has penned life into for this magical story. Heather, you are just magical, there are no words that can properly express the gift that is your writing talent. Thank you, simply and true. For sharing this gift with us all. Ple ...more
Janelle
Mar 10, 2012 Janelle rated it liked it
As much as I'm furious that Raven is STILL the most weak willed female character I've ever encountered I have to be honest and say that I read this book in a day. There is something about it that kept me from putting it down. But seriously, Raven just makes me feel disgust and anger towards her. She had all this incredible power at her finger tips but spends her time perfecting her damsel in distress routine. I was hoping that by the second book she would finally come into her own (I spent the f ...more
R.G.
Jun 28, 2012 R.G. rated it it was amazing
For everyone who was let down by the ending of the last book this more than makes up for it... although this book is less bout Raven and more about Drake of Tanith who is an extremely intriguing character... the main characters from the last book show up in this one and you really learn more about each one and the never ending plots that everyone seems to be twisted into... it's exciting and shocking and got enough twists that you're not really sure whats going to happen... i loved this book and ...more
K.C.
May 05, 2015 K.C. rated it it was amazing
LOVE it Again!!!

Spoilers!!!

Raven as usual is a magnet for trouble.. Although I actually got annoyed with how everyone seemed to be so very good looking, It is really written so well. and I love how Raven is a damsel in distress but still trying her best to be badass. She can be powerful if only she takes life.. and Drake oh Drake... he is the perfect one for Raven.. although I feel a little sad that the prince is not the one (i'm convinced that he is not... unless the next book plot it otherwise
Anita Clay
Jul 03, 2012 Anita Clay rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I had just picked up The Chosen Soul and purchased this sequel simply because it was written by one of my favorite authors. I was very pleased when I finished The Chosen Soul that I already had Drake of Tanith waiting for me to read. It is about Raven Winter Grey and Drake of Tanith. I don't like to give away plots in my reviews. I just like to communicate what I like about a book. It had great action, romance, soul searching, a Hero and Heroine and was a very fast re ...more
D.R.Slater
Jun 16, 2016 D.R.Slater rated it it was amazing
Drake of Tanith

This novel of the series is holding it own with more fantasy realms and a dramatic teary eyed ending. I was routing for the bad guy . . . Drake. I wanted him to overcome the dark side and be, a happy ever after with, Raven. In some ways it was expected that his pure love for her would win out in the end by sending her away from the evil he might become. Oh Well ! . . . another storyline to be developed. Worthy read as Heather does it again with chosen souls series.
Porche
Feb 13, 2012 Porche rated it it was amazing
I loved The Chosen Soul and the author really kept the ball rolling in this book. We are introduced to the God of Magic and I must say he is by far my favorite! Drake turns out to be a lot more complicated and we learn a great deal about his character and his horrible father. The fae are as tricky as ever and I'm not sure how I feel about the Prince, his sister on the other hand is despicable. At any rate, this is a great adventure and I look forward to the next edition to this series!
Samantha Woods ( LSK Sweetheart Reviews )
The other Reviewers have summed Drake of Tanith up perfectly! HKW has indeed done it again... I have loved every book of hers that I have read which is just about all of them.. lol.. and this one was no different.... The Chosen Soul was one of my absolute favorites so of course the sequel would be right there with it... This is one series that I highly recomend reading... :O) I cannot wait till the next one comes out! I hope you all enjoy this book as much as I have..... :O)
Alyssa
May 30, 2015 Alyssa rated it it was amazing
Love this book, and this series! Actually, I really enjoy all of Heather's books, and she is one of my favorite authors so of course I will recommend everyone to read this book. But really, this series is great. I love the story, the characters, the love interests, the awesome kick-ass heroine, and I love how the story captivates me so much that I do not want to put the book down.
Melissa
Loved this book. Great contiuned storyline from The Chosen Soul. Love the strong relationship between Drake and Rave.. Wish that Raven could have come more into her powers. It seemed like she has been slow to find them since the first book. Great read overall! Just wish that there was another book in the series! The ending leave you wanting more!
Amanda
Oct 11, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
I am totally rooting for Drake!! Heather writes this story in such a way that you will completely succumb to the plotline and have no choice but to go insane for the various and develishly dark and complex characters. No one else can make you fall in love with the devil but Heather. This book has devils and demons, gods and goddesses... everything to keep you entertained and wanting MORE!!
Michelle Leigh
This second book of the series is even better than book one. I loved that we get to see Raven and Drake fight for what they believe in, even though it's not always the same things.

I couldn't put this one down.

I can't wait to find out what's in store for Raven and Drake, and Loki next.
Janet Murphy-DeBlois
Mar 21, 2016 Janet Murphy-DeBlois rated it it was amazing
Wow!

Well if you can put this book down without wanting to read some more, I would be shocked. Every time I think I know where this series is going, a new twist hits. Love this series!
Tia
Jul 27, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
Lots of dark magic, unrequited love, & puzzles. This second book certainly leaves a lot of unanswered questions. Not sure how it will end, so that leaves me waiting for book 3. I just have to believe that Drake still has avaiable options.
Nicole
Feb 08, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Another great book. I loved how it showed Drake and Raven getting closer. I cried towards the end with Raven's heartbreak. Can't wait to read the third book when it comes out.
Maria
Nov 28, 2013 Maria rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book.
REALLY looking forward to book 3.
I love all the characters in this series...
Karen Main
Aug 23, 2012 Karen Main rated it it was amazing
Wow! Took me only a day to read this book. I could not put it down. The ending made me cry. I can't wait for the third book to see what happens between Raven and Drake.
sharon
May 27, 2013 sharon rated it it was amazing
I waited a long time for this second book and I was not disappointed.
It was an awesome follow-up to an amazing first book in the series.
READ READ this series please
Sha
Aug 02, 2012 Sha rated it it was amazing
Wow I love this series!!!!

Dear Heather,

Please please please release the next Chosen Soul book already !!!!!!
Jennifer Bell sordiff
Jennifer Bell sordiff rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
Janetta
Janetta rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2014
Maureen Bennett
Maureen Bennett rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2017
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2014
Tammy
Tammy rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2012
Tyrissa
Tyrissa rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2014
Karmagirl
Karmagirl rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2012
  • The Switch
  • Bitter Wine (The Ta'e'sha Caesurae #1)
  • The Road to Shanhasson (Blood and Shadows #2)
  • The Boys Next Door
  • A Whole New Light
  • The Christmas Angel
  • The Battle Lord's Lady (Battle Lord Saga, #1)
  • Only Tyler (Circle of Friends, #1)
  • Reincarnated Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #5)
  • The Dream Spell
  • Friendly Fire
  • Unspoken Promises
  • Kiss Me Again
  • Lilly's Surrender
  • Deadly Pursuit
  • Submission
  • Prince of Love (The Royal Chronicles, #3)
  • Knotty Girl (A Midsummer's Night Steam)
Heather Killough-Walden is a California native currently living in Texas with her husband and child. She is the New York Times bestselling author of the Big Bad Wolf series. Heather’s educational background includes religious studies, archeology, and law. She has traveled all over the world but hopes to one day live in a town with a world-class hockey team. (Let’s Go Pens!) Visit Heather’s website ...more
More about Heather Killough-Walden...

The Chosen Soul (3 books)
  • The Chosen Soul (The Chosen Soul, #1)
  • Queen of Abaddon (The Chosen Soul, #3)