Start by marking “Stupid Cupid” as Want to Read:
Stupid Cupid

Stupid Cupid

It's only "forty-bloody-two miserable, sodding days" before her wedding and Hat Grant, the heroine of Stupid Cupid, has just been dumped. Too scared to face the truth behind her fiancé's "it's-not-you-it's-me speech", Hat decides not to let this little hitch stand in her way and steadfastly continues planning a wedding to die for. It's somehow easier to plough through a st ...more
Published April 25th 2002 by Penguin Books (first published January 1st 2002)

Bex
Jun 12, 2016 Bex rated it did not like it
Not sure why this ended up on my shelf. Made it three chapters before the way Scottish was written down did my head in so I skipped to the end and read the last three. There must be an audience for this somewhere but I'm not it. Stupid woman gets dumped before wedding and decides she still wants to get married so keeps everything going.
Fhily
kau tahu apa masalahmu? kau tak bisa melihat hutan dari pohonnya

Bercerita tentang Harriet Grant atau Hat, seorang tukang kebun dan petugas pengawas tanaman kantor, 33 tahun yang dicampakan 6 minggu sebelum pernikahannya dengan James Mackenzie atau Jimmy, membatalkan semua rencana pernikahan mereka. Tapi Hat tetap saja ngotot melanjutkan pernikahannya walaupun tanpa mempelai pria? :O, persiapan demi persiapan dia lakukan sendirian bahkan dia ngotot ingin melakukan gladi resik di Gereja meski ta
Catherine
Jan 22, 2012 Catherine rated it really liked it
Shelves: bookcrossing
There was such a lot of chick-lit on the table on Tuesday that I had to pick up at least one, and I'm glad I did. That night I developed a dreadful cold, which has still not died down, so I was glad to have something fluffy to read.

Poor Hat is dumped by her fiancé six weeks before her wedding and never quite gets round to calling it off. It's a combination of not having the nerve to tell people, not wanting to admit to herself that Jimmy Mack won't be coming back (ear-worm or what?), and then fi
Veronica Widya
Oct 27, 2010 Veronica Widya rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
ooh,, the story is kinda lame.
i mean when at first i read the summary i think it would be interesting.
Because usually the bride falling in love with the guy who replace the groom for a while.
Actually the story is predictable. Yeah, finally hat is fell with Sam, but how Ms. Weir tell the story is not good at all. It not tell the detail how Sam can fall in love with Hat? The book is thin, but its like almost nothing inside that. It just tell how stupid Hat still maintain the wedding although its o
Angelic Zaizai
Dec 29, 2009 Angelic Zaizai rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit

Arghhh entah karena gw udah bosan baca chiklit atau gimana, akhir2 ini rasanya cerita chiklit ini kok datar2 aja ya.. kurang heboh, kurang norak, kurang gemesin..

*kecuali Doggy Style - love Miles hahaha*

Cerita tentang Hat yang tetep maksa ngadain pesta pernikahan, meskipun sang groom udah memutuskan ngebatalinnya.
Harusnya kan kocak, tapi kok kurang berasa ya..

Mungkin harus cuti dulu dari chiklit.. :D :D

*psst.. tapi kali diliat dari versi aslinya, emang ga banyak edisi terjemahannya, berarti eman
Melissa Namba
Dec 11, 2015 Melissa Namba rated it it was ok
OK So I remember totally hating this when I read it like a decade ago. This time, I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it and mostly it is because I loved Sam so much. So, I am going to blame PMS for that and say I like sappy stories when I am pre-menstrual. The story is stupid and not really believble in any sense. If I had friends like her, I wouldn't stay friends with them for very long, because Hat us annoying. But I needed a light read that wasn't a children's book and this filled that need.
Nathalia
This is a shallow, mindless read, which I would recommend to read on the beach.
I thought this would be funnier, but it was a bit boring to be honest. Good enough to finish, because after all you want to know if the wedding will happen or not. But I had a lot of pity with Harriet, even though she annoyed me and I did not really enjoy any of the characters.
IronyOnHighHeels
Jun 30, 2012 IronyOnHighHeels rated it it was ok
Hmmmmmm ..... I love my easy-reads. And I am the last one to critizes a book for having a transparent plot.
But this one was slightly insulting even my brain.
There were a few good laughing points, but most of the time I found the main character annoying.
Helmisade
May 10, 2010 Helmisade rated it it was amazing
I read this book many years ago and have been trying to find it ever since. It was just an awesome, funny book with a lovable main character. A perfectly silly story.
Tuija
Jun 20, 2016 Tuija rated it liked it
write the review and it didn't get saved so can be bothered again, sorry!
Tania Angel
Sep 02, 2016 Tania Angel rated it really liked it
I struggled at first..but enjoyed it in the end.
Kylie Martin
Aug 12, 2011 Kylie Martin rated it liked it
was ok from memory - funny in places
Michela
Jun 15, 2010 Michela rated it did not like it
a really stupid book....... the bf leave her 20 days before the wedding but she does't say to antìybody that the weddig is over.....
Julie Kofoed
Mar 24, 2015 Julie Kofoed rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
3,5 stars
Jan Bailey
Feb 08, 2016 Jan Bailey rated it it was ok
An ok read - more a holiday type book. Weir's style is amusing but a bit more suited to a magazine short story/article at times ie she over-eggs some of the rhetoric.
Steph
Oct 19, 2014 Steph rated it did not like it
Terrible book.
Claire
Jul 23, 2010 Claire rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Not great. Read like a film script for a chick flick. No depth to the characters at all. Read in 2 days, doesn't warrant any deeper attention.
Steve Mitchell
Jul 25, 2011 Steve Mitchell rated it liked it
I realise that you would probably call this book 'chick lit' but I think Arabella Weir is a brilliant comic writer and this does provide a few genuine belly laughs even if much of the plot is corny.
Adelle
Oct 14, 2013 Adelle rated it did not like it
Drivel
Ken
Dec 31, 2015 Ken rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
lucu dan filmis banget. Bakal jadi romcom yg seru. Situasi konfliknya impossible tp bs dibuat logis.
Sheree
Sheree rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2008
Constance Okonkwo
Constance Okonkwo rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2015
Yolanda
Yolanda rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2014
Nat
Nat rated it did not like it
Aug 25, 2008
Rachel Postma-drenthen
Rachel Postma-drenthen rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2015
Norma
Norma rated it did not like it
Dec 07, 2011
Vanessa Ann
Vanessa Ann rated it liked it
May 07, 2016
Nicole Losa
Nicole Losa rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Fiordiligii
Fiordiligii rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2012
Nik
Nik rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Funny Valentine
  • The Chalet Girl
  • Le brave ragazze combinano guai
  • Getting Personal
  • Connections
  • Tongue In Cheek (Lodes Chronicles, #2)
  • Up All Night
  • A Friend of the Family
  • My Best Friend's Life
  • Vodka Neat (Faith Zanetti #3)
  • A Little Trouble with the Facts