Start by marking “Civil War: Thunderbolts” as Want to Read:
Civil War: Thunderbolts

Civil War: Thunderbolts (Marvel Civil War)

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  387 ratings  ·  18 reviews
The superhuman registration act has been signed into law - sides are being chosen - but what side do our former villains fall on? Well... their identities are already public knowledge - and they sure can get good publicity by hunting down renegade heroes, so... time for the T-Bolts to kick some spandex butt! Plus: Zemo and Songbird? When did that happen? A new base, a new ...more
Published May 2nd 2007 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Civil War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Civil War

Alex Ristea
This was was so all over the place I only got halfway and had to put it down.

Though I'm shouldering some of the blame, because I jumped into issue 100 of a series I had absolutely no familiarity with. It wasn't connected enough (or at all) with the Civil War to make me understand what was going on, but even putting that aside the story and writing weren't particularly compelling.

Simon
Contained some insanely important plot developments to understand the main story, but otherwise wasn't particularly keen. Probably because this was my first encounter with the Thunderbolts, so I had no idea who any of them were or what they were about.
Fizzgig76
Reprints Thunderbolts (2) #101-105 (June 2006-October 2006). A war is coming, and it isn’t the Civil War. As the Thunderbolts regroup, they find that the Grandmaster has reassembled the Squadron Sinister with plans for Earth. Using the Civil War as a cover, the Thunderbolts are assembling an army of villains to combat the Grandmaster…but who is plotting against whom? The Thunderbolts have always have always skirted the edge of being heroes, but as in a world where Captain America is a renegade, ...more
Todd
What you're just here because this is a Civil War tie-in? Well, good luck! Fabian did not give a flying fuck whether or not this volume made sense to the people who hadn't been reading his book. The Thunderbolts were going somewhere and a mega-event wasn't worth pausing for.

This book is where the relationships get good. Songbird is really coming into her own. Zemo is nuts, but compelling. Radioactive Man is a strangely calm individual. I just miss Karla.
Brad
The least essential Civil War crossover I've read.
Thunderbolts got a massive reboot halfway through the war (collected in Thunderbolts: Faith in Monsters), yet this book doesn't even wrap up the old Thunderbolts' story.
The Thunderbolts reform under Baron Zemo and scheme against the Grandmaster and the Squadron Sinister (also know as the Squadron Supreme and Supreme Power). Then, when the Civil War starts, the U.S. government deputizes them to capture other villains and absorb them into their
Ondra Král
Ještě jeden book a dám Niciezův run. Jo! Celé je to děsně překombinováné, každej si jede svou ligu, prostě plány v plánech plánů. Díky Civil War se to krapet uklidnilo (aby mohli eventuelně naskočit noví čtenáře) a blíží se finále. No... sem zvědavej.
2,5*
Mitchell
Yet another completely different incarnation of the Thunderbolts. With vague connections to the Squadron Supreme - a DC knockoff and a pretty good miniseries. These Thunderbolts seem an important part of the Marvel Civil War and yet there is only bare mention of them through the other Civil War books. Some of the characters seem interesting but we really don't get to know them is this book. So kind of not bad but not good. And potential that I'm pretty sure isn't achieved. Though individual char ...more
Holden Attradies
At this point I have to say this was an only okay read. If this had been my first Thunderbolts read I probably wouldn't even have finished it, it very much felt like the middle part of the story. I think I also would have been very very disappointed if I had gotten this as a Civil War tie in, very little of it tied in directly.

With that all said I think Once I have read more Thunderbolts, especially the parts of teh series running up to and following this I may enjoy this comic more. But it is v
Arturo
101: Songbird and zemo. 102: speed demon vs joystick. 103-105: Civil War tie in. Zemo recruits, even if by force, for his Thunderbolts Army. Doing his part for the registration act. Yet also meets with Captain America to do his part for the anti registration act.
Civil War adds even more story too an already jam packed book with characters dealin with their own individual threads.
Iv read Thunderbolts since the beginning so I'm always interested where the characters are going. Yet i can see how m
William Dickerson
A complex story, but I think it would have worked better if it weren't split up amongst the Civil War storyline. Too much happens between the issues.
Matt
Kind of boring. But I gave it a 3 star because the art was well done. I just could not get into this one.
Gavin
1.5 Stars if I could...just better than 1 star. Doesn't help to have a bunch of D-List characters in your book, especially if they're not all that compelling. Baron Zemo is about the only thing of mild interest here...I pretty much skimmed until they came into contact with the Civil War (both sides). Even then, with a bunch of characters I've never seen before or know much about, (other than a couple) there's not much to make me care about here.

Avoid unless you've already been following Thunderb
Dan
First time I have ever read any Thunderbolts. It is a very nice concept for the books, but this one particular volume did not impress me. I really enjoyed the civil war storyline, and this helped fill in some minute details I was unaware of. The start of this book was kind of slow, and I think it was included because of the whole back story about freeing the heroes from the N zone prison during the Civil War, as Zemo had future knowledge of events.
Angela
This does not have that much to do with the Civil War. Zemo leads the Thunderbolts to stop the destruction of earth. In the meantime they are asked by the government to capture supervillains. It's quite action orientated, but there'sa few nice bits, mainly with Captain America. A good read.
Nate
The bad guys are good guys, sort of. You would have to spend far more time in the Marvel Universe than I do to recognize most of the Thunderbolts cast but there struggles and dramas do make for a good graphic novel.
Steve Magay
All these tie-ins are just a scam to get more money for the civil war event, it offers a silly illustrations and cheap stories.
Kristen
Baneme
Baneme added it
Mar 19, 2015
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Kevin Kaler
Kevin Kaler marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
  • Civil War: Wolverine
  • Civil War: Young Avengers/Runaways
  • Nova, Vol. 2: Knowhere
  • Secret Invasion: Inhumans
Fabian Nicieza is an American comic book writer and editor who is best known for his work on Marvel titles such as X-Men, X-Force, New Warriors, Cable and Deadpool, and Thunderbolts, for all of which he helped create numerous characters.
More about Fabian Nicieza...

Marvel Civil War (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Civil War: The Road to Civil War
  • Civil War: Front Line, Vol. 2
  • Civil War: Heroes for Hire
  • Civil War: Iron Man
  • Civil War: Marvel Universe
Cable and Deadpool, Vol. 1: If Looks Could Kill Deadpool Classic, Vol. 1 Red Robin, Vol. 3: The Hit List Bruce Wayne: The Road Home Cable and Deadpool, Vol. 2: The Burnt Offering