Start by marking “Lord of the Dance (Passover, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Lord of the Dance

Andrew M. Greeley

Lord of the Dance (Passover #3)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  384 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Noelle is the daughter of Roger, a college professor and candidate for public office with adulterous tendencies, and Irene, once a very promising bright young woman, and still beautiful, but clearly broken by years of a domestic life with a cheating husband. — She becomes obsessed with her uncle, Danny Farrell, who has always been a black sheep of sorts in the family. Dann ...more
Hardcover
Published July 5th 1986 by Random House, Inc. (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Lord of the Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord of the Dance

Anita
I've read reviews of this book by others, and how anyone could read it and think the adult Farrells are the primary characters is beyond me. Noele Marie Brigid Farrell is the embodiment of a teenager; fey, funny, nosy and lively. This book made me love Andrew Greeley and wish he were MY parish priest - and I'm not even Catholic! I saw so much of myself in Noele that I was finally convinced I was a normal girl. Mystery, intrigue, family dynamics, sexual relationships and even PSTD are all spell-b ...more
Tess Mertens-Johnson
WOW – this book had me turning pages by page 25.
Set in the early 1980s, the Farrell family, from the outside, looks like your standard Irish Catholic family.
But behind closed doors are lies, secrets and murder.
Noelle (Mary Noelle – born of Christmas) is the daughter of Roger a stuffed shirt attorney, and Irene his society wife borderline alcoholic. She is 17 and needs to write a family history for school. She is very precocious and digs deep into the family dirty laundry.
Her uncles on her fathe
Tracy
The first Andrew Greeley book I read and loved! It really got me to think about grace in my life.
Ancie
Read it quite a few years back. Had borrowed it from dear friend, Annie.
I remember that it was a racy-read. I couldn't wait to find out who'd dunnit n what'd happen to Irene n Noelle. :)
All in all, a good read.
Robert Thompson
Great book, could not put it down.
Bruce Hammond
Not my cup o' tea. Don't know why he was a big seller in his day.
Shirley Freeman
I used to read many of Andrew Greeley's books,especially those with characters Blackie Ryan or Nuala Anne McGrail, but hadn't read any for quite awhile. Since Greeley recently died, I figured I would read one of his books in his memory. This one was okay but wasn't a favorite. I wouldn't recommend it - though I generally like Greeley's take on what a loving God is about.
Marian
I'm a huge Greeley fan, so when I discovered a book of his I hadn't read yet I was thrilled. He's so good at telling stories about real people and their relationship with their church and God. He intertwines both with such dexterity!
Deborah Treon
Loved it - read several times. I do not always fall in love w/Andrew Greeley but this one - yeah.
Caroline
Horribly written and trite. Greeley phoned this one in and just barely at that.
Pat
Typical Greeley book. It had a lot of local Chicago customs and lore in it.
Ariane
I don't really remember this book. Hence, no review.
Peggy
#5, a good one I think I recall
Bernadette
Read many many years ago....
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Vickie
Vickie added it
Mar 20, 2015
Sharon Cumings
Sharon Cumings marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Brandi
Brandi added it
Feb 22, 2015
  • Perfect (Kick Keswick, #3)
  • The Explorer
  • Lion and Lamb: The Relentless Tenderness
  • The Killing Man
  • Bermuda Shorts
  • Catholic for a Reason: Scripture and the Mystery of the Family of God
  • Gun Work (Hard Case Crime #49)
  • Twelve Months of Monastery Soups: International Favorites
  • Spellbinder
  • An Owl Too Many (Peter Shandy, #8)
  • The Song
  • Tyranny of the Urgent
  • Mathematics for the Million: How to Master the Magic of Numbers
  • Private Pleasures
  • Dead in the Water (Rebecca Schwartz, #4)
  • Suture Self (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #17)
  • Sequence
  • Seeking God: The Way of St. Benedict
Andrew Greeley was a Roman Catholic priest, sociologist, journalist, and author of 50 best-selling novels and more than 100 works of nonfiction. For decades, Greeley entertained readers with such popular characters as the mystery-solving priest Blackie Ryan and the fey, amateur sleuth Nuala Anne McGrail. His books typically center on Irish-American Roman Catholics living or working in Chicago.

htt
More about Andrew M. Greeley...

Passover (3 books)
  • Thy Brother's Wife (Passover, #1)
  • Ascent Into Hell (Passover, #2)
Irish Gold (Nuala Anne McGrail, #1) The Cardinal Sins Irish Lace (Nuala Anne McGrail, #2) Irish Mist (Nuala Anne McGrail, #4) Irish Whiskey (Nuala Anne McGrail, #3)