Start by marking “The Moms on Call Guide to Basic Baby Care: The First 6 Months, Instructional DVD Included” as Want to Read:

Authored by two pediatric nurses, this straightforward guide to feeding, bedtime routines, and medical issues includes an instructional DVD with step-by-step demonstrations of how to care for a newborn to a 6-month-old child.
Published May 1st 2007 by Revell

Traci
Jan 04, 2013 Traci rated it really liked it
This has really great practical information, especially for those new or expectant parents like my husband and I, who haven't spent a lot of time taking care of babies before having their own.

I hear the DVD that accompanies this book is super helpful as well (this is a recommendation from my husband's SIL) and I'm almost considering buying this one to keep at home as a reference. The book lists many different sickness and injury scenarios and succinctly describes how to work through each one. I
Shannon
Apr 09, 2015 Shannon rated it liked it
There were lots of helpful tips in here. I took what worked for us but by no means followed it precisely. The best thing I took out of the book was the importance of maintaining a schedule that had the baby awake and playing in between feeding and napping. And there were some good practical tips bathing, etc. But for the life of me I couldn't get the baby to nap as often as they said I should.
Amy
Mar 04, 2016 Amy rated it liked it
I like that this book isn't quick to assume the newbie parent knows much. (We don't!) However, there was some information that seemed to clash with advice I'm getting from my nurse and other more current sources. (I disagree with letting a 2wo "cry it out". ) Get the revised edition.
Vicky
Feb 18, 2015 Vicky rated it really liked it
Read this over and over with my son a few years ago. Great advice for new parents. But the best advice I got... PICK ONE BOOK on caring for your newborn(s) and STICK WITH IT. So even if it's not this book, just pick one...
Candis Linscott
Sep 26, 2009 Candis Linscott rated it liked it
Recommended to Candis by: Austin Stratton
This has a lot of really good helpful info for new parents. I like it because it is more of a quick reference rather than a book on child rearing where they spend the entire time trying to convince you that their method is the best. Very helpful.
Danielle
Sep 19, 2012 Danielle rated it it was ok
Shelves: parenthood
I love MOC but don't love the book. Don't waste your time with this, just do the online seminars! (though, they are revising the books, so hopefully that helps)
Melanie
May 10, 2013 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this read. Lots of great advice on how to handle different situations. I have already started to put some information into the works.
Makenzie
Nov 24, 2012 Makenzie rated it it was amazing
This book is extremely practical and easy to read. Two friends passed on their copy to me at my baby shower and I will definitely keep it close once baby arrives.
Susan
Aug 23, 2010 Susan rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book, as a mom-to-be! It is very practical & will be extremely helpful once our little boy arrives! I would recommend this book to all moms & moms-to-be!
Alisa
Jun 04, 2015 Alisa rated it liked it
Great reference guide for first time parents. Includes typical day schedule with feeding and sleeping times.
Susan
Oct 30, 2009 Susan added it
A great recommendation from my sister-in-law. This will become a staple reference book for our next season.
Shilvi
Feb 09, 2012 Shilvi rated it it was amazing
A must have for every new parent. This system gives you an easy to use plan on how to help your newborn and infant adjust to this world in terms of sleeping, feeding and ailments.
Colleen
Feb 21, 2012 Colleen rated it it was amazing
This was great. Cut right to the chase on everything, didn't take forever to read, and I felt like I got a TON out of it. I can't wait to try the sleeping/feeding methods.
Simone Whitehead
Sep 03, 2013 Simone Whitehead rated it it was amazing
Great way to start a schedule for your baby.
Steffany Dub
Steffany Dub rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2013
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2012
Jaime
Jaime rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2015
Evelyn
Evelyn rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2008
Charity
Oct 25, 2010 Charity rated it really liked it
Good basics and reminders about baby care. I liked the format and the simplicity of it.
Sarah Heiniger
Sarah Heiniger rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2015
Sarah Yost
Sarah Yost rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2015
Jennifer Farrell
Jennifer Farrell rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
Jade McNew
Jade McNew rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2013
Lea
Lea rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2012
Caroline Niziol
Caroline Niziol rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2013
Kelly Bratchet
Kelly Bratchet rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2013
Andrea Block
Andrea Block rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2013
Rachel Barker
Rachel Barker rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2015
Stacie
Stacie rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2013
Maricris
Maricris rated it really liked it
May 21, 2012