Start by marking “Thirst” as Want to Read:
Thirst

Thirst

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  41 reviews
THIS VERSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Detective Max Bowman is hunting a serial killer terrorizing the city. A serial killer who leaves bodies drained of blood.

After taking a break in a local bar, he is attacked, robbed and left for dead; waking up in Carter Gray's bed was the last thing he expected.

Who is this man? What is his dark secret? Is he responsible for the trail of
Published January 21st 2012 by Silver Publishing (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Thirst, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thirst

T.A. Webb
Max Bowman made a big mistake. A cop should know better. But he let the pretty guy buy him one too many drinks then followed him out into the alley. And got the crap stomped out of him, robbed and left for dead.

When he wakes up, he is in bed. A strange man's bed. With only fuzzy memories of what happened to him. But the physical reminders will be with him for a while. Bruises, ribs sore as hell, barely able to stand at first.

Then he meets Carter, his savior. Intense. Gorgeous. Lethal.

When Carter
John Inman
It has been a long time since I read a vampire story. Boy, am I glad I broke my fast with this one. THIRST is a terrific book! It's sexy, hot, exciting, exquisitely written, and spooky as hell. Lisa Worrall did a wonderful job of hurling her reader into a stunning world of hunger, passion, bloodthirsty romance, and a male on male love affair like I've never read before. It was a love affair that transcends life, and when an author can pull that off I think they've accomplished something. THIRST ...more
Simsala
I had a hard time with this fast paced vampire romance thanks to the inconsistent - almost schizophrenic - behaviour of the characters.The big,bad cop went from weak to tough and back again,the vampire from lethal and icy-cold to lovesick puppy and back - the one and only steady character in the story was Carter`s valet Gordon.But what bothered me most was the end.Unimaginable cruelty and viciousness was excused with a clap on the shoulder and an "Oh,sorry - I was wrong,let`s go our seperate way ...more
Don Bradshaw
A neat twist on a vampire story here. Detective Max Bowman is working a case looking for what seems to be a serial killer. He is jumped one night and beaten badly by two guys. Max wakes up in a bedroom feeling like hell but has no clue where he is. Carter Gray, renown author and vampire, walks into his bedroom to check on Max and wham there's a connection between the two men. Carter plans on drinking Max dry so he tells Max about how he rescued him and killed his two attackers. This is not a ca ...more
Ami
For those who are worried about the warning of M/F scene or dislike girly bits on M/M story, I believe it's not significant: SPOILER: The female is one of Carter's (the vampire) victim, as he drained her after having sex with her, in order to 'banish' Max (the cop) from his mind. It's only several paragraphs, she doesn't even have a name, so I believe she's basically unimportant.

Okay, that is done, now onto what I think of the story. I like how Carter is portrayed; he's not a vampire with good m
Lasha
3.5 stars.

Thirst has one of my favorite tropes in a paranormal romance: a vampire in love with a human. In this incarnation, Detective Max Bowman is saved from being gay-bashed to death by vampire Carter Gray. Once he learns Carter’s secret, Max is determined to get the other man to help him track a serial killer who is more than likely a vampire too. Carter wants to resist, but Max’s charms are considerable.

What I liked about Thirst was that Carter was not a Twilight-like vampire. No, Carter l
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Max is attacked after he picks up a guy in a bar; just as everything goes black he is rescued. Carter doesn’t know what came over him when he rescued the guy from the bar and what’s worse he wasn’t able to drain him dry, now he has the sexy man in his bed asking him questions.

This is a well written novel with the concept of vampires always draining their prey. Carter has been around for a while now and his sir
karlakolumna
This book was OK. It seemed rather flat, sometimes even amateurish, to me at least. It's 2 stars, because the beginning wasn't all that bad. In fact, the first ~30-40% were somewhat enjoyable. After that not so much anymore, unfortunately...

The characterisation is rather sketchy and, in my opinion, inconsistent. I never really got a feeling for the MCs, I didn't get to know them, although having read a whole book about them.

(view spoiler)
Valentina Heart
This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

THIRST is one of those books that will surprise you with details that most authors would avoid writing about. I wouldn't say it's unique, but it is certainly something you don't see in many vampire books mostly because readers can be harsh and aren't very forgiving when it comes to moral issues.

Max is a detective who is attacked one night and then rescued by a stranger. He's investigating a series of killings
DaisyGirl
2.0 Stars

Detective Max Bowman is hunting a serial killer who leaves bodies drained of blood. One night he is the victim of a gay-bashing; he's attacked, robbed and left for dead. Upon waking, he discovers himself in Carter Gray's bed. Carter is an unrepentant vampire. He has never questioned his nature or his needs until he meets Max. Now, everything is turned asunder as they try to unravel the mystery of who is responsible for the trail of bodies across the city.

I didn't like this book. I get t
Lisa The Novel Approach
As paranormal stories go, Thirst rises above the norm by throwing in some chilling twists and turns that keep the suspense level high in this previously released novel by Lisa Worrall. Centering on an ongoing case of ex-sanguinated and brutally murdered victims, Detective Max Bowman has his hands full hunting down a ruthless killer. When he stumbles upon the very person who might be responsible for the ghastly crimes, it is certainly not his intent to be both sexually drawn to and somehow inexor ...more
Lisa
This is the 2nd Edition, the first edition published was by Silver Publishing in January 2012. I love Lisa’s stories and this definitely made my top ten of great mystery and suspense stories. She gives you characters that will draw you in and have you falling in love. It will have you sitting on the edge of your seat and biting your nails waiting for these two men to get what they deserve. Detective Max Bowman is in search of a killer in the middle of Las Angeles. There was something strange abo ...more
T.M. Smith
4.5/5 stars...

Police Detective Max Bowman makes no secret to his fellow officers that he is gay, but he doesn’t flaunt it either. When out at a bar trying to unwind and grab a quick lay, he puts his trust in the wrong person. Max goes from passing out after being bashed and mugged to waking up in a dark room surrounded by red silk sheets. He can feel the remnants of the attack, but he has no memory of how he got where he is. Well, other than a pair of piercing green eyes.

Carter Grey has been on

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hearts...

Review:
Wendy Ann
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews - 4 hearts

“Please…” – who knew that one word and a gorgeous pair of brown eyes could completely change someone’s world? Well, that’s exactly what happened to badass vampire Carter when he ultimately saved Max after two guys pounded him to within an inch of his life. Claiming to have no feelings or remorse whatsoever, Carter is used to killing his victims after feeding. He eats, buries and forgets. He may have given many of his victims some pleasure before they
Love Bytes Reviews
4.5 star review by Amber

This book was so damn good, once I got over my initial irritation over a cop doing a really stupid thing. I had to put it down for just a few hours because I kept thinking, “what kind of cop goes into a dark alley with someone they do not know…??” Once I got over myself, I started thinking, probably a lot of friggin cops do that…so my irritation isn’t all that warranted.

Anyway, I digress…we meet Max Bowman a relatively young, seasoned police detective who is looking for a
Morgan  Skye
Max is a homicide detective who gets jumped one night by haters and almost killed. Carter, the vampire, saves him – intending fully to finish him off himself – only to find he can’t do it.

Carter ends up taking Max back to his home where he nurses him back to health and sends him on his way after admitting to being the cause of several of the murders Max is trying to solve.

Something about Carter continues to call to Max and vice versa even though both know they should not have feelings like this
Joyfully Jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

So I was drawn to this story as an different spin on the usual vampire fare. I assumed (incorrectly) after reading the blurb that Carter was the killer Max was searching for, and I was looking forward to some dark and twisty angst as Max investigated the killer only to realize it was the man he was falling for. The story actually goes in a pretty different direction, however. Carter admits very early in the story that he is a vampire and it is clear that he is no
Colette
3.5 Lisa Worrall is very good at creating MC's that are dark and not classically good guys - some are down right evil; but somehow she makes you root for them and want to see them succeed. Such is the case here, Carter Grey is a vampire, an unrepentant killer, not your typical hero; Max is a detective, someone sworn to uphold the law, someone who should not be involved with Carter. Yet, somehow it works and you want these two to find their happy ending. I definitely enjoyed this book even if I f ...more
Phaney
May 19, 2013 Phaney rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
2012 Review:
** Probably spoilerish despite tag-use. **

Dark, very dark.

We don’t often see protagonists who don’t give a thought to the lives they take for their enjoyment. (The cannibalism in that recent volume of Christian’s Coven might apply but it’s still rare.) Carter here is completely amoral, only interested in his own pleasure. It’s gruesome how he casually disposes of his victims afterwards, and the descriptions of the sex preceding the killing kind of make it even worse.

Another thing we
Kazza
I liked this book, liked the fact that the vampires were a little on the darker side. Liked the fact that each of the protagonists had sex with others so it wasn't all prissy - 'I love him, I can't do this with someone else'. Don't get me wrong that came, there was soul searching over what they were doing and then they committed to one another. That, to me, is somewhat more realistic, particuarly in M/M.

I liked Carter Gray, he was a vampire that left his humanity behind when he was changed 84 ye
Christy Loves 2 Read
I adored this book!! Lisa Worrall wrote a seriously kick ass vampire book. The writing is gritty and fast paced. The sex is unbelievably hot. In fact, one of the best angry sex scenes ever. The love story is fantastic. She hit it out of the ball park with this one.

Max Bowman is a homicide detective and as such he really should know better than to get hammered at a bar with a stranger and then be led outside to the alley. Um. Self defense 101......that's a big no-no!! He gets the crap beaten out
Gabbi

For months, Detective Max Bowman has been investigating the mysterious deaths of the victims being drained of their blood and then tossed away like trash. Having few leads, he decides to drink his frustrations away at the local watering hole. Almost as soon as he arrives, he is flirted with a young man who continues to buy him drinks until he is more than a little drunk. Soon, the young man ushers him outside with the promise of some illicit and naughty fun
angelofthursday
It was cliche and the characters weren't that interesting. The writing was clunky and didn't really grab me. The plot didn't either. All around, it was very blase. Given that, though, it wasn't the worst I've read either. It was neither good nor bad. It was just... there. It's hard to remember what happened even now, days after I've read it. I wish I could've given it a better review.
Vicki Thompson
I liked the story and the characters but I'm not sure about the ending! It was a happy ending certainly but I'd be a lot more pissed off if I were Carter!

But it was a very enjoyable vampire story with hot sex!
¸. • * ° *❧Gwen❧ •°**★
2 Stars

Not my favorite Lisa Worrall story, I couldn't get into the MCs or the storyline.

It Was

An Interesting Concept....

BUT...

The MCs were a wee bit to non- caring, to kill and not to be killed...gruesome and bloody , and did I say not caring...gosh, they did not give a s#%t who they killed...THIRST...thats the concept...these were true to the vamp "real old world" of Dracula, dark, dirty, and gruesomely gritty...so if that's something you like, then you might like this....*shivers* it just no
Ambre
This is a vampire romance in which Max, a cop, is rescued by Carter, a vampire, after randomly being beaten up by two guys in a bar.

From the beginning we're told about how Max is drawn to Carter, and Carter is kind of angry and confused because he almost likes Max. Carter divulges that he is a vampire and that he killed the perpetrators of the attack. Max is working on a serial murder case in which the victims are exsanguinated, so understandably he suspects Carter. But Carter says he didn't do
Mandi
4 stars. I really enjoyed this! To warn some hardcore m/m fans, (view spoiler)

Usually that would turn me off on a book, but I really enjoy this author's writing and really glad I bought this. I liked that it wasn't a case of 'insta-love', but them both fighting the feelings for the other. And I would love to read more about Lyle and Richie. :)

(and that cover is gorgeous!)
Roxanne
I liked it, it was your typical vampire meets human story nothing hugely original but i did really like the ending and i liked the characters. If i was to pick at it, i'd say some of it was a bit repetitive, like their arguments were almost identical to the last one and there are quite a lot of arguments in this. Read it, if you haven't read a vampire book in a while i think you would like it more than if you've read a whole bunch and then add this to the pile.
Jen
I don't know... Maybe I'm just tired of vampire stories. There really wasn't anything much different from any other vampire story. And the dialogue was a bit too much like I would imagine the author speaks. All of the characters kind of blended together. I really wanted to like it. My favorite part was the sun scene towards the end.
Dreamspinner Press: Thirst by Lisa Worrall 2 13 Sep 16, 2014 02:46AM
  • Enduring Instincts (Instincts, #2)
  • Ink
  • Immortal Valentine
  • A Broken Light (Beyond the Night, #1)
  • Intercession
  • Blood Moon (Insolita Luna #1)
  • Perilous Partnership (Partnership in Blood Spin-Off #1)
  • A Different Breed
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Adam & Peter, #2)
  • Cowboys & Vampires (Venom Valley #1)
  • Spirit Sanguine (Sanguine, #1)
  • Crimson Mate (Of Blood and Spirit #1)
  • Bound by Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #7)
  • Blood Of A Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
  • Astronomical (Astronomers #1)
  • Dead Things
  • Fangs and Lullabies (The Demons Age #1)
  • Soulless
Thank you for reading and taking the time to review and/or rate. It's jaw-dropping to me that you would do either. I feel a bit like Sally Field in her famous Oscar speech "You like me - you actually like me"

I live in a small seaside town just outside London, on the South Coast of England that boasts the longest pier in the world; where I am ordered around by two precocious children and a dog who
More about Lisa Worrall...
Laurel Heights (Laurel Heights, #1) A Nanny for Nate Unshakeable Faith Just One Kiss I Can See For Miles