Goldie (The Puppy Place, #1)

Goldie (The Puppy Place #1)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  932 ratings  ·  62 reviews
Welcome to the Puppy Place! This new Little Apple series stars a lovable new puppy in every book! And it's Charles and Lizzie Peterson's job to find every puppy the perfect home. Charles and Lizzie Peterson love puppies. They want a puppy of their own more than just about anything. They know dogs are a lot of work. But their mom still doesn't think their family is ready fo...more
Published September 1st 2006 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Goldie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goldie

Nia
Cute childhood series I used to be obsessed with! It is so lovable!!!
Holly Vanco
This was a fun book, although it was below my reading level. For my Independent Reading Project I read GOLDIE by Ellen Miles. This is one of the many books in the series The Puppy Place. The main characters in this book are Lizzie and Charles Peterson. Lizzie, a 4th grader, knows every fact there is to know about dogs. On the other hand, Charles, a 2nd grader, is really good at socializing with the puppies and making them feel safe and happy. Both kids love puppies, but their mom doesn’t feel th...more
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
★★★★ Goldie (The Puppy Place book 1) by Ellen Miles
This is a cute story for young readers.
This one is a about a golden retriever puppy, named Goldie. She is a very young puppy in need of a home. But how will she find a home without any training.
Charles and Lizzie like most kids desperately want a puppy. But, mom isn’t sure that’s a good idea. She comes up with the idea of fostering a puppy. This will teach the kids the responsibilities that come with a pet. They have to potty train her, feed he...more
Kirei
In this book, Charles' and Lizzie's father brings home a Golden Retriever puppy. Their mom is adamant that they can not take care a dog for the time being, so Charles and Lizzie set about finding Goldie a new home.

The good points: This book teaches kids the proper way of taking care of a dog--training them, what they need and so forth. It is very educational in this respect.

The bad points: Charles and Lizzie have a little toddler brother who is adopted. The book makes correlations between adopti...more
Charlie
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS EVER!!! I love these series a lot just like Horrid Henry because I love dogs. I have a very similar dog like this: Goldie (The Puppy Place, #1) by Ellen Miles as you can see because its my profile photo.

Title: Goldie (The Puppy Place, #1)
Author: Ellen Miles
Liz Price Patel
Recommended by second grade.
Jodi
Nov 18, 2008 Jodi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Beginning readers
Cute beginning chapter book for children. My daughter is in kindergarten and she loves for me to read her books about animals. This is the second one we have read in this series (in no particular order) and she enjoyed listening to it.

Emily 5 1/2: I loved it when Goldie tore the man's pants! I loved it when she peed on the rug under the table. People should read this book because it is so funny.
Steve
Once in a while I enjoy easy reads but this was just a bit too easy for me. I wasn't entertained at all. I only picked it up because of the sweet looking puppy on the cover. I sadly think I will forever judge books by their cover. Anyway, I was dreadfully bored throughout the entire book. I really did not fancy reading this.
Ashtyn
I loved it. In the beginning when Goldie arives I was a little afraid about what's going to happen, because there Mom is more of a cat person. She was not aproved that her husband bought a dog without talking to her about it. So I was afraid they were going to give the dog back.
Julia
I thought this book was filled with lots of funny parts and it is a really great book.

Also this book was filled with care and hope for the puppy Goldie.To find a good home for her while Lizzy and Charles worked really hard for him.
Dorian
This book had a cute puppy that was a Golden Retriever, one of my favorite kinds of dogs. Lizzie is a brilliant character and loves dogs as much as I do.
Twyla
there is a cute little puppy is at the Peterson house and they don't want to give her away.then they decided to get charles's parents to take goldie and the plan worked
Caroline Holmes
I loved this book. I read it in second grade. It is about two kids there firefighter dad and there mom fostering a puppy.
Ashley
I really liked this book. One of my favorite parts is when Goldie comes to Charles and Lizzie's house, and they get to be a foster family for her.
Emmah
Some kids have allways wanted a dog. Then oneday there dad comes home from putting out a fire whith a dog!!! that is how far i have got.
Alaina
Feb 28, 2014 Alaina added it
It's about a golden retriever that Lizzie's dad rescued in a fire... Charles's friend Sammy adopts Goldie
Tuyet
Jan 19, 2014 Tuyet is currently reading it
i think that i did something wrong
Alaina Bulthuis
loved when i was a kid.
Katie Callero
You should read this series
Monique
Love puppies! ♥♥
Edward Creter
I dare any MAN to pick up this sappy book and read it and see what pleasure awaits you. A little puppy Golden Retriever named, oddly enough, Goldie (isn't there an actress so named somewhere? She's somewhat doggy too, AND cute!) is adopted into a family that really wants to keep him yet can't since he needs a better home. And the puppy is sooooo CUUUUUUTE! Sickened yet? Of cooooourse you are! Hence the challenge I'm offering to the most daring "men" out there: read it and get five cavities--one...more
April Castle
This series collection is about dogs finding homes. This series is for the dog lovers. It shows the responsibility and caring needed to take on a dog. The Peterson's find Goldie a good home and hope to foster more dogs in the future. This heart warming story shows a conflict of a brother and a sister who want a dog and must prove they can take care of one to their mother. This can open up conversations about pet animals or if those who can't have one, will have one, one day.
keywords: family, do...more
Tanya W
Great children's book (chosen from the Barnes and Noble summer reading books). Ella actually read some of the chapters on her own. We will definitely be reading more of the puppy place series. The only thing I don't like is that it promotes requests for a dog (and we have family allergies... it's definitely not the right time or place for a family dog).
Cheyenne
I am still reading the book but, so far the dog Goldie is getting trained by the owners. They have to teach the dog to go outside and use the restroom. They are also playing with the dog. Their Mom won't let them keep Goldie until she knows until they can take care of Goldie. I will finsh the book.

From,Cheyenne
Emily
My 7 year old son loves The Puppy Place series. Goldie is the first book and it's great for kids who are just starting to read chapter books on their own. The main characters are a brother and sister so it's easy for boys and girls to relate to them. There are also parts of the book written from the dog's point of view that are really cute.
Teresa
Dec 19, 2013 Teresa rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Teresa by: Taylor
It was cute but the premise seems kinda weak. I don't know how they can have so many books where they foster dogs because the mom isn't convinced that the kids are ready for their own dog. It was cute enough that I will recommend it to 1st or 2nd graders who love dogs.
Laura Marie
Wanting a dog can be a to of responsibility. After having the students read this, we would reflect on the responsibilities of having a dog, and how to take care of one. We could discuss with any children who have animals what they have to do everyday to take care of their family pet.
Puppy Love
This book has one of the most cheekiest dogs in the WORLD!!! Goldie is a dog orriginally from a farm. but when the farm burns down, she needs somewhere to stay. Charles and Lizzie play and take care of Goldie untill she finds an owner. Turns out they are her owners!
Micchon
as are all "Puppyish" books, this one sucked. The cover's cute and the book sucks. It's all about a stupid excuse for a cute cover that will attract little girls with pigtails and the book is horrible do NOT get brought it by the little stupid cover!!!
Callie Stillion
I thought that it was wonderful when the dog Goldie, was rescued from the fire. Even though dog crazy Lizzie wanted to keep the dog, she didn`t get to. But the Peterson family really helped Goldie and made it so she would have a wonderful home.
  • No Dogs Allowed!
  • A Pony for Keeps (Pony Pals, #2)
  • Beagle in a Backpack (Animal Ark #45)
  • Puppies in the Pantry (Animal Ark, #3)
  • Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1)
  • A Summer Spell (Magic Kitten, #1)
  • Sleepover Sleuths (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #1)
  • Dreams Come True (My Secret Unicorn, #2)
  • Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1)
  • Fight for Life (Vet Volunteers, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4)
  • A Crazy Day With Cobras (Magic Tree House, #45)
Buddy (The Puppy Place, #5) The Wind In The Willows Snowball (The Puppy Place, #2) Doctor Dolittle (Junior Classics) Pugsley (The Puppy Place, #9)