Start by marking “Daimon (Covenant, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Daimon (Covenant, #0.5)

Daimon (Covenant 0.5)

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  15,139 Ratings  ·  1,100 Reviews
Durante tres años, Alexandria ha vivido entre mortales, intentando ser como ellos y tratando de olvidar la misión que debía cumplir por ser una hija de un mortal y un semidios. Con diecisiete años ha aceptado ya que es algo fuera de lo común para los estándares mortales… y que nunca estará preparada para su misión.
Según su madre, es algo bueno.

Pero como cada descendiente d
Grapada, 74 pages
Published December 15th 2011 by Ediciones Kiwi (first published April 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Daimon, please sign up.

Chrissie Daimon (Covenant, #0.5) (Prequel to Half Blood)
Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
Pure (Covenant, #2)
Deity (Covenant, #3)
Elixir (Covenant, #3.5) (Told from…more
Daimon (Covenant, #0.5) (Prequel to Half Blood)
Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
Pure (Covenant, #2)
Deity (Covenant, #3)
Elixir (Covenant, #3.5) (Told from Aiden's point of view)
Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
Sentinel (Covenant, #5)

Jennifer Armentrout
Jun 08, 2011 Jennifer Armentrout rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

Well, I did write it so I'm kind of partial to it.
Arlene
Jul 22, 2011 Arlene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Vampire Academy
Recommended to Arlene by: Street Corner Bookers - Alexa & Crystal
Swinging with all my might, I slammed the bottom of the lamp into the daimon’s head. The sickening thud it made pleased me in a way that would’ve concerned guidance counselors across the nation.

Addicting!!

I picked up the Daimon prequel in anticipation for the Half-Blood ARC I’ll be reviewing soon and WOW! What a great kickoff to a series I know is going to have me on the edge of my seat. Definitely a storyline I can fall into with a great cast and a perfectly crafted paranormal element.

The writi
Wendy Darling
Note: Info on free ebook download link for this story below. A lot of authors release short stories as prequels or companion novels to their series, usually to keep fans jazzed between books or to entice you to try out the others. Some of these small bites are more successful than others, and I'm happy to report that the taste readers get from Daimon is enough to whet the appetite for more.

Alex is a 17-year-old half-demon who has been living among humans with her mother for three past years. She
Rachel ♥Reads Ravenously♥
It's been a while since I read the covenant series, so I decided to give this a whirl. It's a prequel novella of Alex and what she was up to before the events of Half-Blood. I enjoyed it, it's a fun bonus read but not necessary to read as a part of the whole series.

photo RRR.png
Rachel E. Carter
I liked her writing style but I wasn't blown away by this novella. Then again, I'm not really a novella-girl period. Hoping for more in the first book:)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo ja_zps16dd050b.jpg

Daimon is the prequel to the Covenant series by Jennifer Armentrout. I have been planning to read this series for such a long time so I am finally taking the plunge and if this is any indication as to what to expect, I’m in for a wild ride.

Alexandria or Alex, is 17 years old. She is a half blood. Her mother was a Pure but her father was a mortal. She and her mother lived at the Covenant where she was trained for what role she would someday fulfill until suddenly, at age 14, her mother took her
Jaclyn
Oct 30, 2015 Jaclyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can already tell this series is going to be fantastic. I'm so excited to read it!!
Pilar ☽
Sooo good! This prequel was intense, I'm utterly intrigued by the world JLA created.
Can't wait read the rest of the series!
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
4.5/5

I read this book after I read the entire series and that probably wasn't a good thing. It would have helped lead into the series but whatever, I read it after. It was still good but it was a left many things unclear. I don't know if that's just because it was a hook into the first book or if it just seems that way to me. This book is a good way to see what happened to Alex and what she is like instead of hearing the about everything that happened later.
Alexa
Dec 18, 2013 Alexa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

My mini-review can also be found on my blog Collections.

I wanted to read Jennifer L. Armentrout's Covenant series because I loved the covers. I went into this prequel novella not knowing what to expect but hoping that I would find the story to be just as appealing as the covers. I'm glad to say that it was good. REALLY good.

Looks like book one, Half-Blood, starts off right where Daimon leaves off, so I highly recommend reading Daimon if you want to have an idea of what the Covenant series is goi
Nikki  Peterson
Aug 20, 2012 Nikki Peterson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is going to be a short review. I don't want to give away any of the book. I'm just going to say that I liked it and am glad that I have Half-Blood in my greedy little hands so that I can start right away! And here are some of my favorite quotes from the book...

We’d talked. He’d kissed me and mauled my boobs, all the while smelling like cheap beer. I’d punched him and broken his jaw. Mom had moved me to a different town after that and lectured me about not hitting as hard as I could, remindi
Mindy/fangedmom
Jul 27, 2011 Mindy/fangedmom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I CANNOT WAIT TO READ THIS SERIES!! The book covers are GORGEOUS! I need posters of them all. And maybe a tshirt, tote bag...oh I am so in love with these book covers!!

Finsihed this book earlier this year. Did not review it yet on here for some reason. Will get my review up soon. let me tell you what IT IS INCREDIBLE#!!!!!!!!
Wart Hill
So I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to give this another shot.

Glad I did.

It's a bit reminiscent of the Vampire Academy series mythology-wise, except instead of Vampires, we're dealing with gods and their offspring. Which is right up my alley anyway, so I'm willing to give the rest of the series a shot

(or at least the next book)
Irini
Feb 28, 2015 Irini rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Η αλήθεια είναι οτι δεν δίνω πάντα ιδιαίτερη σημασία στις νουβέλες που κυκλοφορούν ενδιάμεσα μίας σειράς και αρκετά συχνά τις αποφεύγω!Στην προκειμένη παρόλα αυτά περίπτωση,το Daimon ήταν για μένα μία πολύ όμορφη εισαγωγή στον κόσμο των Covenant, που μ έκανε να ανυπομονώ να τον γνωρίσω!
Μέσα στις λίγες λοιπόν σελίδες του μας δίνει μία μικρή γεύση αυτού του κόσμου,και μας συστήνει στην ηρωίδα του,Αlexandria Andros!
Kάτι μου λέει οτι θα τα πάω πολύ καλά με την Αlex,αφού κατάφερε να κερδίσει την συμπ
~Tina~
Dang!! That was just the prequel and it kicked ass!!
Totally me book, I can't wait to get my hands on Half Blood!!
Melissa
Dec 20, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review can also be found on my blog: http://melissa-reads-books.blogspot.b...

“Don’t ask me to give her up before I even really get to know her … Because you’re not going to like my response.”

Daimon is an amazing prequel. I’m usually not that excited about prequels, but JLA did an amazing job like always. The story in this one makes you crave more of the mythology and whatever happens after that ending.

“Was your mom a gardener?” I asked innocently.
“What?” Ren’s mouth hung open slightly.
“Because a
Blair
Sep 03, 2014 Blair rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, pnr, fantasy, ya, mythology
I'm hooked.It's not even the first book and I'm hooked.
Awesome !!
Elizabeth
Source: I own a copy of this book.

Note: These are my personal opinions. I received no outside person comments or opinions.

So during Christmas I got an Amazon gift card and bought 4 JLA books. Among them was this book, Half Blood, and the first two books of The Dark Elements Series. I am disappointed to say that I was not impressed with The Dark Elements Series but my viewpoint changed with this book.

Plot Summary:

Alex and her mother are on the run from the Convenient. (For unknown reasons. It was
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Jun 26, 2012 Kayleigh {K-Books} rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jla, shp
Review of Daimon on K-Books

I really enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. Usually I don't enjoy prequels all that much as I feel like it's just an introduction into the 'real' story beginning. This one is definitely the exception. I really enjoyed Daimon. I thought it was a great start of a amazing story and I found myself getting completely hooked.

Alex is a Half-Blood. She is a descendent of the Gods, but her father was a mortal so that leaves her with two options, become a slave for
Pearl Angeli
Jan 04, 2015 Pearl Angeli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
I smite thee, Jennifer L. Armentrout!

This prequel of the Covenant is damn so intense. I love the action and I love the promising plot the author has made in this novella. Alex is such a strong-willed character. She's passionate about her life and the life she'd left behind in her real world.

The short story about what happened to her and her mom is dramatic and sad at the same time. But I admire how brave Alex and how determined she is to live again while fighting the daimons that chase her. All
Kate Kaynak
Wow! This series is going to suck you in... and you're going to be SOOO glad it did!

I was lucky enough to read this as soon as Jennifer submitted it to Spencer Hill Press. We're offering it as a free download because we know how good it is. People who read this novella will be psyched to get their hands on Half-Blood.
Sarah Marie
Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Prequel to the Covenant series

Alexandria and her mother have lived with mortals for three years. Three years away from her home and trying to forget her duty to protect demigods. After horrifying events lead Alex to Miami she finds herself on the run from daimons, the very things she’s been trained to kill. On the run from daimons and trying to find her way back to the place she escaped from- the Covenant- things are about to get crazy for Alex. The thin

Julia Herondale
"Daimon" was an amazing prequel to the Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It drew me right in from the very beginning and left me craving for more of both the storyline and characters when I was finished. The short glimpse that I got of the storyline was incredibly intriguing and unique, and I definitely wanted to read more about it.

Alexandria (Alex) Andros was unbelievably entertaining, and from the small peek that I got of her character in this novella, I can already tell that I wil
Future Slayer Girl
I wish I would have read this installment before Half-blood, but alas I was in such a hurry to start an Armentrout book that I just dove right in. This story takes place before the events of Half-Blood, showing you the 'death' of her mother, and how she copes with that on limited skills seeing as they ran from the academy when she didn't have her training completed.

I love all of Armentrouts female characters, they are just the right amount of vulnerable and smart to make me want them to kick bu
kelly {BookCrushin}
Re-reading to get stoked for The Return and to participate in the Covenant Series read-a-thon hosted by StuckInBooks!
Trying the trick of rating another edition to count toward my read books total!
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
Daimon is surprisingly good despite its pages.
I reminds me a little of Vampire Academy. I dunno why, is it because of the school that will teach you about and how to fight daimon or the forbidden relationships or the daimons eating disorder? Well at least its not about vampires.

This is great introduction to the series, indeed. fast-paced and have new exciting version about demigods and stuffs. The characters are easy to remember, hello ~Aiden, yeah. Spell HOT! He only appear in the last pages ye
Alina Graf
Interesting prequel but I could have lived without it. Still good that I read it though
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
Good enough little short story that I'll try the first in the series!
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
PG-13 rated.
Cover is really pretty.

Quick review because it was a quick story.

This book read that like the first few chapters of a popular book. There wasn't much in the way of original ideas. Yes, the words are different as are the characters, but the foundation of the story belongs to another in my opinion. Additionally, the first couple of chapters the writing was a little weak, but got better by the end. And because of that, this story was just okay for me.
The Covenat: * Did anyone read Daimon or Elixir? 31 38 Jul 23, 2014 05:18PM
Kindle Lending (T...: Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout 5 16 Feb 18, 2014 06:21AM
Read This First? 11 106 Nov 26, 2013 06:53PM
LUXEN Army: Daimon Discussions (spoilers) 1 10 Sep 05, 2013 07:48AM
Jennifer L Arment...: Prequel - Daimon 1 20 Feb 07, 2012 03:35AM
  • Kissing Trouble (In the Dark, #2)
  • Angelblood (Dark Angel, #4)
  • Elemental (Elemental, #0.5)
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • Ethan (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #0.5)
  • Walking Dead Girl (Vampireland, #1)
  • Toxic (Denazen, #2)
  • Ash's Letter to Meghan (The Iron Fey, #3.6)
  • First Frost (Mythos Academy, #0.5)
  • The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3)
  • Shades of Blood (Warriors of Ankh, #3)
  • Impulse Control (Talent Chronicles, #0.5)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard
More about Jennifer L. Armentrout...

Covenant (5 books)
  • Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
  • Pure (Covenant, #2)
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
  • Sentinel (Covenant, #5)

“Whatever! Go save a dolphin or something!"

He whirled around. "It's a whale, Alex, a whale! That's what I'm interested in saving."

I threw up my arms. "What's wrong with saving dolphins?”
222 likes
“Was your mom a gardener?' I asked innocently.
'What?' Ren’s mouth hung open slightly.
'Because a face like yours belongs planted on the ground.”
167 likes