Daimon (Covenant, #0.5)

Daimon (Covenant 0.5)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  11,345 ratings  ·  913 reviews
Durante tres años, Alexandria ha vivido entre mortales, intentando ser como ellos y tratando de olvidar la misión que debía cumplir por ser una hija de un mortal y un semidios. Con diecisiete años ha aceptado ya que es algo fuera de lo común para los estándares mortales… y que nunca estará preparada para su misión.
Según su madre, es algo bueno.

Pero como cada descendiente d...more
Grapada, 74 pages
Published December 15th 2011 by Ediciones Kiwi (first published April 19th 2011)

Jennifer Armentrout
Jun 08, 2011 Jennifer Armentrout rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

Well, I did write it so I'm kind of partial to it.
Arlene
Jul 22, 2011 Arlene rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Vampire Academy
Recommended to Arlene by: Street Corner Bookers - Alexa & Crystal
Swinging with all my might, I slammed the bottom of the lamp into the daimon’s head. The sickening thud it made pleased me in a way that would’ve concerned guidance counselors across the nation.

Addicting!!

I picked up the Daimon prequel in anticipation for the Half-Blood ARC I’ll be reviewing soon and WOW! What a great kickoff to a series I know is going to have me on the edge of my seat. Definitely a storyline I can fall into with a great cast and a perfectly crafted paranormal element.

The writi...more
Wendy Darling
Note: Info on free ebook download link for this story below. A lot of authors release short stories as prequels or companion novels to their series, usually to keep fans jazzed between books or to entice you to try out the others. Some of these small bites are more successful than others, and I'm happy to report that the taste readers get from Daimon is enough to whet the appetite for more.

Alex is a 17-year-old half-demon who has been living among humans with her mother for three past years. She...more
Carol [Goodreads addict]
 photo ja_zps16dd050b.jpg

Daimon is the prequel to the Covenant series by Jennifer Armentrout. I have been planning to read this series for such a long time so I am finally taking the plunge and if this is any indication as to what to expect, I’m in for a wild ride.

Alexandria or Alex, is 17 years old. She is a half blood. Her mother was a Pure but her father was a mortal. She and her mother lived at the Covenant where she was trained for what role she would someday fulfill until suddenly, at age 14, her mother took her...more
Alexa

My mini-review can also be found on my blog Collections.

I wanted to read Jennifer L. Armentrout's Covenant series because I loved the covers. I went into this prequel novella not knowing what to expect but hoping that I would find the story to be just as appealing as the covers. I'm glad to say that it was good. REALLY good.

Looks like book one, Half-Blood, starts off right where Daimon leaves off, so I highly recommend reading Daimon if you want to have an idea of what the Covenant series is goi...more
Nikki  Peterson
This is going to be a short review. I don't want to give away any of the book. I'm just going to say that I liked it and am glad that I have Half-Blood in my greedy little hands so that I can start right away! And here are some of my favorite quotes from the book...

We’d talked. He’d kissed me and mauled my boobs, all the while smelling like cheap beer. I’d punched him and broken his jaw. Mom had moved me to a different town after that and lectured me about not hitting as hard as I could, remindi...more
Mindy/fangedmom
I CANNOT WAIT TO READ THIS SERIES!! The book covers are GORGEOUS! I need posters of them all. And maybe a tshirt, tote bag...oh I am so in love with these book covers!!

Finsihed this book earlier this year. Did not review it yet on here for some reason. Will get my review up soon. let me tell you what IT IS INCREDIBLE#!!!!!!!!
~Tina~
Dang!! That was just the prequel and it kicked ass!!
Totally me book, I can't wait to get my hands on Half Blood!!
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Review of Daimon on K-Books

I really enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. Usually I don't enjoy prequels all that much as I feel like it's just an introduction into the 'real' story beginning. This one is definitely the exception. I really enjoyed Daimon. I thought it was a great start of a amazing story and I found myself getting completely hooked.

Alex is a Half-Blood. She is a descendent of the Gods, but her father was a mortal so that leaves her with two options, become a slave for...more
Kate Kaynak
Wow! This series is going to suck you in... and you're going to be SOOO glad it did!

I was lucky enough to read this as soon as Jennifer submitted it to Spencer Hill Press. We're offering it as a free download because we know how good it is. People who read this novella will be psyched to get their hands on Half-Blood.
Future Slayer Girl (aka: kitten)
I wish I would have read this installment before Half-blood, but alas I was in such a hurry to start an Armentrout book that I just dove right in. This story takes place before the events of Half-Blood, showing you the 'death' of her mother, and how she copes with that on limited skills seeing as they ran from the academy when she didn't have her training completed.

I love all of Armentrouts female characters, they are just the right amount of vulnerable and smart to make me want them to kick bu...more
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
Daimon is surprisingly good despite its pages.
I reminds me a little of Vampire Academy. I dunno why, is it because of the school that will teach you about and how to fight daimon or the forbidden relationships or the daimons eating disorder? Well at least its not about vampires.

This is great introduction to the series, indeed. fast-paced and have new exciting version about demigods and stuffs. The characters are easy to remember, hello ~Aiden, yeah. Spell HOT! He only appear in the last pages ye...more
Blair
I'm hooked.It's not even the first book and I'm hooked.
Awesome !!
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
PG-13 rated.
Cover is really pretty.

Quick review because it was a quick story.

This book read that like the first few chapters of a popular book. There wasn't much in the way of original ideas. Yes, the words are different as are the characters, but the foundation of the story belongs to another in my opinion. Additionally, the first couple of chapters the writing was a little weak, but got better by the end. And because of that, this story was just okay for me.
Bethzaida
17 year old Alex is a Half-Blood. (Daughter of a Pure blood and a mortal) She and her mom left the Covenant 3 years ago, and have been moving from town to town constantly. Alex's mother never explained why they left the covenant, but what she does know is that she is not supposed to go back!

Life in Miami is not bad. She lives near the beach and has a HOT boyfriend. But an unfortunate event forces Alex to go on the run again. This time she is being chase by Daimons. With just a couple hundred buc...more
Daniel Cohen

First off, let me start by saying that teen paranormal romance is not something I typically enjoy reading. I often find it to be a genre full of nauseating dialogue and weak plots, appealing to the masses only by the inclusion of vampires or werewolves.

I say this first to persuade people like me (young males turned off from this genre because of the aforementioned characteristics) to absolutely read this novella.

From the first couple of pages, you can tell that Armentrout is bringing something...more
J.
Daimon, the prequel to Half-Blood is light on the word count but heavy on the impact! I didn't expect to whip through it so fast (and am quite sad that I did), but Alex's sarcastic voice propelled me through along with the fast-paced action. I decided that Alex is my long-lost best friend forever. Although she a powerful half-blood (and seriously knows how to kick some tail), she has some very human wit and attitude, and her voice takes up the small space of this novella and dominates it. Even i...more
Amber
Daimon (Covenant, #0.5) is a prequel to Half Blood. This gives you an insight and what to expect coming into Half Blood.

Quote:
"I don't know why she was so frightened; I was the one facing the crypt keeper. And if I survived this poor excuse for tradition without ending up carrying this hag's bedpan for the rest of my life, it would be a miracle worthy of the gods that supposedly were watching over all of us."

Alexandria(Alex)is a half blood. Three years ago her mother took her away from the Cove...more
Stacey
Don't let the size of this novella fool you. If there is one thing Jennifer L. Armentrout did with Daimon it is pack this Prequel to Half-Blood with a whole lot of punch.

When I noticed how few pages there were in Daimon I really did wonder, How much am I going to get from this? Very few prequel novellas have ever left me feeling satisfied and usually annoy me more than anything. More times then not I have found they are not a great representation of the Author's writing and usually turn me away...more
Alex Bennett
I was very eager to read Daimon when I first heard about it. It’s the prequel to the Covenant series, which I have been anticipating for the longest time. And you know what, this short little prequel made me crave that series even more than I already did. And that is quite an accomplishment.

Daimon is all action all the time. There is never a dull moment, and it was so fun to read. I was taken in by the story from the first page and didn’t want to put it down until I was finished. In fact, I didn...more
Veronica Morfi
An awesome prequel to Half-Blood.

Alex is a half-blood, half mortal and half pure-blood. Pure-bloods are the children of gods and mortals with powers over the elements. Alex leaves with her mother in Miami after leaving the Convenant, a place to train half-bloods, three years ago. Her mision used to be killing Daimons, turned evil pure-bloods who drink the live force of everyone else, now her mision is to lay low and be normal. But after a surprise attack by two Daimons her whole world is turned...more
Kristina Snyder
Daimon is a short prequel to Half Blood. I loved it!!!

In the prequel, you meet Alex who is a half blood. A half blood is half mortal and half pure blood. Alex and her mother left the Covenant three years ago and have been on the run since. Alex has no clue why her mother wanted them to leave. All of a sudden, a surprise attack by two Daimons has turned her life upside down. She is now running back to the only place she belongs to, the Covenant. The Covenant trains half bloods, like Alex, to Kil...more
Catherine
LOVED IT. One of the things I enjoy about Jennifer's writing is that her protagonist, Alex, has this no-nonsense attitude about her. She's cocky, snarky, and pretty much a badass. But she's real, too. She has such a deep bond with those whom she trusts that it's hard not to sympathize with her when things go awry. Jen's writing has such a way of drawing the reader into this world of mythical beings that it seems like we could have daimons in our own backyards and have no clue. I'm so excited abo...more
Pearl Angeli
I smite thee, Jennifer L. Armentrout!

This prequel of the Covenant is damn so intense. I love the action and I love the promising plot the author has made in this novella. Alex is such a strong-willed character. She's passionate about her life and the life she'd left behind in her real world.

The short story about what happened to her and her mom is dramatic and sad at the same time. But I admire how brave Alex and how determined she is to live again while fighting the daimons that chase her. All...more
Kate (Nomalicious Reads)
More reviews can be found at my blog Nomalicious Reads

I stumbled upon Daimon on goodreads; I've been dying to read Half Blood ever since Leah Clifford mentioned it in her BlogTV.

So after my discovery, I hurried along to amazon; just a few clicks away, and I had purchased the Kindle copy for 99c (you can even get a paperback version for $3.99, which I'll probably end up doing).

It was phenomenal.

I fell in love with Jennifer's writing, she certainly knows how to do it well. Alex is such a badass, t...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

I am a huge fan of Armentrout’s Lux series so I decided to give this one a shot since I’ve read all the great reviews. The main reason why I wasn’t all over this series was because many people compared it to Vampire Academy. As some of you may know, I adore the VA series so this could go either very well for me, or extremely bad. I decided to make the jump anyways.

While reading DAIMON, I didn’t feel like there were too many similarities. Yeah, Alex is a fighter and she...more
Amanda Pedulla
In this captivating prequel to Half-Blood, Armentrout does a beautiful job of describing Alexandria's view of the world as a half-blood. From beginning to end her beginning story gets us ready for the first novel, Half-Blood which comes out September 15. All I can say is "OMG!" I loved it!

The story introduces readers to the main character Alexandria “Alex” Andros, a half-blood descendent of the gods, who, with her mother, a pure-blood, has been on the run for three years, hiding from the Covena...more
Mia
Originally posted at Girl about Books

I was originally drawn into this book when I read somewhere that the Covenant series is dubbed as "Percy Jackson for girls" (I love Percy Jackson books!). After I finished reading Daimon, the prequel for the Covenant series which includes a sneak peek of the first chapter of Half-Blood, the first book in the series, I must say I was extremely impressed.

This prequel is force to be reckoned with! This is a prequel packed with witty dialogues, relentless action...more
Sandee (The Whimsical Reader)
The first time I read this book was because of a friend of mine who I share the same taste in books (thanks Eunice) but the first time I read it, it didn’t really connect with me that much. I don’t know why but it didn’t. You might be asking why I reread it? I reread it because of Obsidian which exteremely awesome and addicting! I was also hesitant to read that book because of how I felt about this book but when I got HOOKED with Obsidian I told myself I have to give the Covenant series another...more
The Covenat: * Did anyone read Daimon or Elixir? 31 31 Jul 23, 2014 05:18PM
Kindle Lending (T...: Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout 5 15 Feb 18, 2014 06:21AM
Read This First? 11 82 Nov 26, 2013 06:53PM
LUXEN Army: Daimon Discussions (spoilers) 1 7 Sep 05, 2013 07:48AM
Jennifer L Arment...: Prequel - Daimon 1 16 Feb 07, 2012 03:35AM
  • Betraying Innocence
  • An Iron Fey Valentine (The Iron Fey #4.4)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Untouched (Denazen, #1.5)
  • Elemental (Elemental, #0.5)
  • The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test, #1.5)
  • Ethan (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #0.5)
  • Catching Suki (Lila, #0.5)
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • Never to Sleep (Soul Screamers, #5.5)
  • Accused (Ganzfield, #4)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard...more
More about Jennifer L. Armentrout...
Obsidian (Lux, #1) Onyx (Lux, #2) Opal (Lux, #3) Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) Origin (Lux, #4)

“Whatever! Go save a dolphin or something!"

He whirled around. "It's a whale, Alex, a whale! That's what I'm interested in saving."

I threw up my arms. "What's wrong with saving dolphins?”
204 likes
“Was your mom a gardener?” I asked innocently.
“What?” Ren’s mouth hung open slightly.
“Because a face like yours belongs planted on the ground.”
149 likes