Start by marking “Green Linnet” as Want to Read:
Green Linnet

Green Linnet

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  7 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Humorous and sober short stories of the sea and of Yorkshire,interleaved with verse.
ebook
Published December 11th 2011 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Green Linnet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Linnet

Vic Heaney
Jan 01, 2012 Vic Heaney rated it really liked it
Great stuff, Harry.

Nice mixture of short stories and poetry, plus the taster chapter for Tom Fleck, which I have on my waiting list,

Capture of dialect was good.

But what really made it for me was, coming from the same background (I even kicked Marconi into touch in the same place - Hull) you took me straight back into that wireless room. Funny how wireless became radio and now wireless became something else, which I am using even as I write this.

How did you remember all those technical things lik
Chris The Story Reading Ape
This book does not have epic sagas about Kings, Princes, or Warriors heroic deeds, it has short snippet-like stories about ordinary, hard working, everyday people, past and present.

The poems are not about anything other than what can be seen, by anyone, in everyday life.

It is an island of calm in the storm wracked, turbulent seas of modern life.

I am so glad I read it.
Elizabeth Lasswell
I loved, loved, loved the short stories, sonnets, and poetry in this volume. My only complaint is that it was over too soon! More, please!
Kath Middleton
Dec 29, 2011 Kath Middleton rated it really liked it
This little anthology is a delightful selection of short stories and verse from the author of Tom Fleck. There are tasters, including an chapter, from the bigger book and other material too. I felt it wasn't quite as polished as Tom Fleck, in that there were little formatting issues, but the work itself was, as you would expect from Harry Nicholson, absolutely captivating. A very good read.
Carol
Carol rated it it was ok
Feb 22, 2013
Little Miss Esoteric
Little Miss Esoteric rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2015
Leila
Leila rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2014
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2011
A.B. Shepherd
A.B. Shepherd marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2011
Diabolical Daemonic
Diabolical Daemonic marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2011
Angela Suba
Angela Suba marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2012
David Freeman
David Freeman marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2012
R.J. Askew
R.J. Askew marked it as to-read
May 11, 2012
Karen (Kew)
Karen (Kew) marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2013
Harry Nicholson
Jan 10, 2015 Harry Nicholson added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author-of
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
I’m thinking back, trying to discern how I came to write an historical novel. When I was tapping out Morse in the pitching wireless cabins of tropical steamers, it was not in my mind – though I read all the books in the ship’s library. A career in television studios might have brought it about – thirty years working with stories in pictures soaks the mind with images. Now I’ve retired I have more ...more
More about Harry Nicholson...