Start by marking “A Time for the Heart” as Want to Read:
A Time for the Heart

A Time for the Heart (Time Series #3)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  513 ratings  ·  28 reviews

For Claire O'Brian, a bright and beautiful archaeologist, working at a newly discovered archaeological site in the wilds of Guatemala is her opportunity of a lifetime. Unfortunately, the dig is being funded by Darren Stark, her manipulative ex-boyfriend. And if that isn't enough, several rare artifacts have disappearedand Claire suspects everyone. Enter "Bump" St. James, a

Published September 1st 2000 by Covenant Communications Inc

To ask other readers questions about A Time for the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Time for the Heart

Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites by Chris HeimerdingerPillar of Light by Gerald N. LundCharly by Jack WeylandPrincess Academy by Shannon HaleFire of the Covenant by Gerald N. Lund
Best LDS fiction
168th out of 472 books — 421 voters
Fablehaven by Brandon MullThe Goose Girl by Shannon HaleGrip of the Shadow Plague by Brandon MullRise of the Evening Star by Brandon MullSecrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull
Best of LDS Fiction
189th out of 272 books — 249 voters

More lists with this book...

Natalie
Nancy Campbell Allen continues to write excellent books. This book was set in the jungle at a made-up Mayan archeological dig. I'm glad she made up her own dig. A real site would have required a few too many details to make it realistic. As it is I can tell she did a fair amount of research about Mayan archeology and digs (I didn't run it by my archeology major husband or anything, but based on the second hand knowledge I have from him it sounded pretty accurate).

The things I liked best about t
Sara ♥
I'm sitting here, reflecting on the book... and I'm trying to think how on earth it could possibly have been 243 pages long. The font was quite large, I guess... I mean, I enjoyed it, but almost NOTHING happened the ENTIRE TIME except for Claire going on and on about not wanting to eat because she was so stressed out, Bump interviewing people around the archaeological site and promising he'd find out who was stealing stuff, Bump's friend Jon going on about his druggie past and how he had no goal ...more
Kathy
This was a fun mystery novel. There are a few different possibilities of who has been stealing the artifacts and it was fun trying to figure out who it was. I really enjoyed Claire’s character. I liked that she was strong, hard working, passionate and loyal. I also thought Allen did a great job giving her characters believable problems, like Claire’s eating disorder. None of the characters were perfect and aside from all the work related problems they also had personal problems to deal with as w ...more
Linnae
Claire O'Brien has enough problems of her own to deal with, including recovery from an eating disorder, and a manipulative ex-boyfriend, but now there are priceless artifacts disappearing from her archeaological dig. Enter Bump St. James, a PI who's good friends with Claire's brother, and who is confident that he can get to the bottom of the mystery. Add a few ancient ruins, a fledgling branch of the church, and some chemistry, and...you can probably figure out the rest.

The love story overshadow
Michelle Christensen
This was a fun, light romance. I enjoyed the setting among the archeological ruins.
Patricia
I wish these books were listed in series order because I seem to be reading these backwards. Frustrating. I liked this story, although not as well as the first one I read. I could predict "who done it." Already knowing some of the characters and how things turned out in a subsequent book (despite some of the predictability of romance plots themselves) kind of stole this book's thunder.
Christy
I really like the character Bump in this book. I enjoyed reading all the ancient history that was included in this book and since I went to Chichen Itza in Mexico it was easy to imagine all the ruins they were uncovering. Of course there's a love story that reminds me of the way people fall in love and get married quick at BYU.
Holly
Another great read for anyone who loved the first two books. Again, a stand-alone story with related characters, but completely different. It's set in a Mayan city, the main character an archeologist. There is a "parallel" ancient story with it that adds a different flavor and perspective to the main story.
Courtney
It was pretty fluffy :) But it didn't kill me-- it was fun fluff, not obnoxious fluff and to me, that makes a big difference! It's okay to read something light every once and a while.

Also, I just like Nancy Campbell Allen... as a person... she's an online friend of sorts of mine :)
Brenda
Just what you're looking for when you read LDS mystery/romance. (Emphasis on romance) Clever story, great characters, fun insight into archaeology, and a cute falling in love story. I loved Bump from the last book and loved him getting his own story :)
Jenna
I think I liked this one the most out of the series. I love that each book is a separate story but it still connects to the other books. Enjoyable read with romance and suspense. I'd definitely read this one again.
Katie
I'm such a sucker for a good LDS romance novel. I pretty much like any that I pick up. I love romance and I don't have to worry about any trash when it is written by an LDS author.
Ann
I kinda had it figured out at the beginning but still a fun read. I was so caught up in the imagery that it made me want to go see the actual ruins in South America. It was fun to read.
Alyson Farmer
After rereading Love Beyond Time, I decided to read a few more of the books by the same author. I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as Love Beyond Time, but it was enjoyable to read.
Torri
Supper cute! Now i want to be an Archeologist! This book made me fall in love with not only Bump but Jon too. That made the next book "Echoes" really easy to pick up.
Rachel
I enjoyed reading this book about an LDS archaeologist working at a site in Guatemala. It was a fun read with some suspense and romance.
Melissa
I think this is the third book in the series. They can all be read interdependently but I like to read them in order. I love this author.
Chelsea Raadgep
Oh, how I loved it! It was suspensful, exciting, and it put me on edge the whole time I was reading it. Very well done!
Trina
Pretty good book. A bit slow through the middle but picked up pretty quickly. I really liked the last half of the book.
Rebecca Dean
I enjoyed the images of South America. The underlying story of people who lived there was interesting also.
Alicia
Just another Mormon Romance Novel. An okay way to pass some time, but nothing that really grabbed me.
Lori
Archaeologist Claire working in Tikal...working to solve the mystery of the missing artifacts.
Sharee
Kind of slow and predictable, but I still enjoyed getting to know the characters
Amanda
Huzzah for N.C. Allen!! I think she's officially my favorite author now!!
Hinerava
I recommend this book to everyone. The story is well thought of and clean!
Whittney
My all time FAVORITE book!! Silly romance novel, but so fun!
Lisa
Really liked it. Want to read other books of hers!
Karijean31
I want more! Love Nancy Allen's books.
  • Some Sweet Day
  • Never Look Back
  • Lockdown (Saint Squad, #2)
  • Closing in
  • Faith of Our Fathers: To Make Men Free (Volume Two)
  • Emeralds and Espionage (Gems and Espionage, #1)
  • Shadow of the Crown

Time Series (4 books)
  • Love Beyond Time
  • No Time for Love
  • Echoes
Love Beyond Time No Time for Love Echoes My Fair Gentleman Legend of the Jewel (Isabelle Webb, #1)