Start by marking “Sacrifice (The Chosen, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sacrifice (The Chosen, #3)

Sacrifice (The Chosen #3)

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,272 Ratings  ·  120 Reviews
The third book in the Amazon bestselling The Chosen series by Denise Grover Swank. "She was dead. No. She only wished she was." Everything Emma loves has been ripped away-Jake, Will, and her unborn baby. Within minutes of confronting her new reality, Emma is thrust in the middle of a war between two supernatural beings and she's the prize. After convincing Emma that Will i ...more
Published March 23rd 2012 (first published March 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Sacrifice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacrifice

April Mallison
Mar 18, 2012 April Mallison rated it it was amazing

Sacrifice is the 3rd book In Denise Grover Swank’s “The Chosen” series. After reading the first two books in the series and falling in love with the characters and the plot twists and turns, I was anxious to read this book and get answers to many of the questions posed in Hunted. (the 2nd book). I was pleasantly surprised to discover that not only were so many answered, but even more were posed, leaving me burning through the pages to discover what would happen next.

In Sacrifice we once again fo
Ashelynn
Mar 23, 2012 Ashelynn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommend
full review up on le blog!

EEEEEEEEEEK. Sacrifice almost killed me, guys! Seriously. It was just so good; I don’t know if you know this, but I find that Denise’s second half of her books are just amazing. It took me a few days to read the first half, but once I hit the second half, I could NOT put the book down. It was just so addicting and my heart was racing because omgggg time squeeze and Raphael is insane and omg, WHAT IF THEY ALL DIED?!

I knew the fourth book was a rumor.

Wait. I shouldn’t say
Stormy Udell
Mar 29, 2012 Stormy Udell rated it it was amazing
I would like to warn fellow vocal and emotional readers do not read this in public. I cried, mildly mumbled curses and had quite a few verbalized "Really?!?!" or "WTF" moments. Which are all positive reactions, however when in public it makes you look a little unstable. If you don't mind the stares then go for it but don't say I didn't warn you. Warring gods, non-stop action and not one but two types of love - the one that can only happen between a mother and her son and the one that endures thr ...more
Brooke
Jun 24, 2013 Brooke rated it liked it
I have a love/hate relationship with this series. On the one hand, I love the story and the author's ability to show and not tell. She really knows how to tell a good story and this one is different enough from the paranormal stuff out there that it allowed me to actually be surprised by many of the plot's twists and turns. I found myself caring about the characters and their relationships and really NEEDING to know what happens next.

The hate part comes from 2 things: 1) I hate cliff-hanger endi
Jo Ann Reinhold
Feb 17, 2015 Jo Ann Reinhold rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I have to admit that this book (the third in the series) did get a little annoying at times. At times I heard myself saying "Again..REALLY, come on!!" but that was because I was on the edge of my seat trying to figure out where it was headed! Emma became annoying at times and Will sure needed to find himself a new best friend but all in all it added to the story, yep, actually it did :-)
By this time you are so wrapped up in these characters that you are fighting for them to get through it all.
Th
Monique
Aug 06, 2014 Monique rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those that have started this series and need answers.
Sometimes it is hard to keep readers interested in a series by the time they get to book 3. Not Denise Grover Swank. Her writing is so thrilling and appealing that I could not put this book down.

My main reason for loving this series is the relationship between Emma and Will. There is a shift in this book that had me gasping and hoping things were going to be back to normal for them.

The other characters in the book had you on the seat of your pants willing them to stay away.

There is a 4th book i
Deb Smith
May 15, 2014 Deb Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I could give this book, and the entire series a 10, I would!!!!

Sacrifice is the third in a four part series. It is one of the best series I have ever read. Grover Swank has written a wonderful world full of wonderful characters. They are larger than life and you will both love and hate them but you will feel strongly about them all. Will and Emma have been separated and Will's memories have been erased. He is captured by one of the secret societies that have been after them. More of the proph
Jagged
Apr 17, 2013 Jagged rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
"You can do anything if the alternative is unacceptable."

I was apprehensive to read this book. As much as I loved the previous ones, I wasn't sure I was liking where this book was heading. Swank truly is talented. To take me from nervous, to blown away, it's just unheard of. I mean, I can be impressed, and I can be wrong about if I am going to enjoy a book or not; but, it really is a rare feat to have me dead wrong about my initial instincts about a book. I absolutely loved this book.
Swank has a
Alexandria
Dec 01, 2012 Alexandria rated it really liked it
So I finished this novel in about 24 hours time. It, like its predecessor, fell completely prey to my unquenchable appetite for this series. It was brilliant, once again, and I was not disappointed. This series is like a modern day Greek mythology story. It is full of many surprises and twist. It leaves you wondering what will happen next. And it, most certainly, leaves you begging for more. So upon discovering that the fourth book was already released for the intention of my consuming; my only ...more
Rhea
Jan 31, 2015 Rhea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, favorites
Every book in this series just keeps getting better and better. The plot is so intricate that I'm sure the author had charts and whiteboards figuring it all out from the beginning. Just like the other books in this series, the story is suspenseful and gripping. This novel is even more action-packed and as I was reading it, I thought it would make a great movie. This was the first book in the series where I figured out what was going to happen before it did but that took nothing away from the sus ...more
Noel
Mar 09, 2016 Noel rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in the series, 5th in the reading order. This book was really well written, and this entire series just keeps better and better despite the thoughts that it couldn’t get better at the beginning of the series. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! I know Hunted had such a devastating ending, but don’t worry – it’ll all work itself out! Really, this book it great. It picks up right where it left off – Will without his memory and Emma, just having lost the baby and thinking Will is dead. A lot mor ...more
Nickyrian
Jan 25, 2015 Nickyrian rated it really liked it
I was in agony while reading this third installment, because I could not stand the three pompous asshats who happened to be the elemental gods--fire (Aiden), earth (Raphael), and air (Alex)--who only cared about the game they were playing as part of the prophecy and gave no regard to humans. The story really stirred my emotion, in which the author really did a great job on doing it so. I was so thankful that the ending unfolded the way I wanted to happen. Despite of my frustration, this was a go ...more
Yvonne
Dec 29, 2012 Yvonne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-mar
This series has me hooked! Love the heck out of it.
Sara
Jun 06, 2013 Sara rated it liked it
This was another readers review and I couldn't have said it better myself!! She is spot on..."I have a love/hate relationship with this series. On the one hand, I love the story and the author's ability to show and not tell. She really knows how to tell a good story and this one is different enough from the paranormal stuff out there that it allowed me to actually be surprised by many of the plot's twists and turns. I found myself caring about the characters and their relationships and really NE ...more
Brandy Barber
Jan 18, 2016 Brandy Barber rated it it was amazing
well, I don't know what is the most surprising about this book. I love the Elements and can't wait to see how all this plays out. What a great mix of Love story, Paranormal, action packed, mystery. This book puts everything back to right. You will read it as fast as possible bc you are going to want to go to the next book. Will and Emma's love story will put you on the edge of your seat. Poor Jake. The Elements are strong with this one. Moving on to book 4 with a happy heavy heart.
Beth
Jan 30, 2016 Beth rated it it was amazing
Although all of Denise's books are easy reads - this one was a little harder to digest. The situation with Will and Emma is unreal, as Emma scrambles and struggles to make Will fall in love with her again, or at least remind him of what they've been through together. Not much time passes from the first book and this one, only about 6 weeks, so it's easy to pick up where they had left off. This is one that will have you flying through the pages!
Matthew Morabeto
Jan 29, 2015 Matthew Morabeto rated it really liked it
Sacrifice
Denise Grover Swank

Emma has lost everything she loves, her son, her love, Will, and her unborn baby. She now has to gain her full supernatural powers without Will. Yet she has help from two other supernatural humans, but she hates them both. Maybe there is another option though, Marcus, but the guy hasn't been seen in so long and he's apparently crazy. Emma is torn between who to choose, and she has to choose fast or she will lose everything she loves.

I really enjoyed reading this book
Heather
Jan 19, 2016 Heather rated it it was amazing
OMG! WTF!? Incredible! OMG! This was such an emotional book. Emma has not only lost her son, Jake, she has also lost the unborn child she was carrying, and now Will does not remember her. But somehow she manages to get up every day and battle for what she loves. This book is about perseverance and love conquering all. A truly memorable and enjoyable book that sets the scene for the final battle in the next book..
Pamela
The third book in the series surpassed my expectations. You always worry that a series that starts off with such an amazing and engaging story with well-developed characters may not continue as such in the subsequent sequels. That's not the case with this series. "Sacrifice," in my opinion, is by far the best novel in the series. It's an incredible and gripping story that keeps you on the edge of your seat with all the twists and turns. The battle over power between the elementals - Emma (fire), ...more
Sheila
Apr 22, 2016 Sheila rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series. I think my favorite pare is watching the relationship between Emma and Will. We get some answers in this one and have yet more questions. What a emotional ride! This one found me crying....yes crying. I have to say I think that is the mark of a great book. What a storyteller Denis is... Still hoping for a happy ending....
Teresa Sambrook
Nov 25, 2015 Teresa Sambrook rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves a thriller
Recommended to Teresa by: Jamie Davis
The roller coaster continues with book 3 of the Chosen Series! This book had me out loud sobbing. The struggles Emma faces feel so real. She lost it all, but her strength won't let her stop. She will do anything to get her son back and hopefully the love her life as well. Amazing, incredible, thrilling, love this series!
Angela Shockley
Sep 22, 2015 Angela Shockley rated it it was amazing
Sacrifice and Surprises

Where Hunted was lacking, Sacrifice brings a lot more to the table. In terms of scale, mythology, and character development.

A battle between the elements is boiling over. It has become not only a threat to our beloved characters of Emma, Jake, and Will, but the collateral damage caused by Aiden, Alex, and Raphael is affecting the world at large. Aiden proves to be fully despicable and malevolent (my favorite word!), Jake is used as a pawn, Raphael appears to be unhinging,
Lourdes Woods
Jun 07, 2012 Lourdes Woods rated it really liked it
Poor little Jake, it just breaks your heart what he is going through. Emma and Will are absolutely great in this book. Although the end left you on a cliffhanger and a pretty big one – it was also a great ending to this chapter in the series. There was a ton of action and it kept you on the edge of your seat reading all day. I will say that the whole Raph thing was getting to me a little, boarder line over the top with how he kept popping up – but I can see where it was also a necessity to the s ...more
Kelly Mccurdy
Nov 23, 2015 Kelly Mccurdy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man, the emotional rollercoaster that goes along with this book is amazing! I know that sounds weird, but knowing Denise's work, I know that she is going to do good to make it all better. This book is awesome! You need to continue to read this book!!
Michelle Jaretsky Stuck
Jan 13, 2016 Michelle Jaretsky Stuck rated it it was amazing
Book 3 in the Chosen series does not disappoint! This is a continuation of the wild ride that Emma, Will and Jake are on. Lots of intense action that will leave you on the edge of your seat and begging for more. I LOVED the ending of this one!
Vicki
Jul 14, 2014 Vicki rated it it was amazing
The suspense, drama and romance hit the spot with this book, you get all the favorite genres rolled up in one amazing book. This on took half a day to read just enough time left for me to download book number four, let's keep those pages turning.
Edie Jo Gibson
Apr 07, 2012 Edie Jo Gibson rated it it was amazing
I cannot say enough about this series. Denise Grover Swank hooked me with Chosen, got me excited with Hunted, and worried me with Sacrifice. I didn't think she would be able to keep me as engrossed and excited as her previous books. How could she take her story any farther? How could she create more twists and turns? How could she make me love and hate her characters anymore than I already do?

She did it all and more.

This was by far the best of the series...or maybe it is because I just finished
Elisa Hordon
Apr 01, 2016 Elisa Hordon rated it it was amazing
Just amazing the adventure just get's better and better, great characters old and new, brilliant storyline, where will it end and how many more twists can DGS give us I really love this series
Sandra Lancaster
Feb 28, 2016 Sandra Lancaster rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! This book will definitely pull at your heartstrings. I found it to be a much more emotional and heart wrenching story. My heart was aching for both Will and Emma in this book. I felt the pain and anguish that Emma was going through. Her whole world came crashing in on her at the end of book two and actually in the beginning of this book. And Will is going through his own torture and pain. I won't go into detail cause I don't want to give spoilers, so you are going to have to read it!!

Thi
Jan 18, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Another book that I could not put down! There were a lot of surprising twists and I couldn't get to the end fast enough...I can't wait to read the next one and find out if Emma and Will are able to get Jake back!
  • Consequences (The Guardian Trilogy #3)
  • Restless
  • Hole in the Sky
  • Torn (Reflections #2)
  • Heartless
  • Scarred (Caged, #4)
  • The Wolf
  • Severed (Cloud Prophet Trilogy, #3)
  • Buried (Serenity, #2)
  • A Boy and His Dog & "Repent, Harlequin!" said the Ticktockman
  • Bound To You
  • Impulse (Mageri, #3)
  • Draw the Dark
  • The Dark Rising (Of Witches and Warlocks, #4)

The Chosen (4 books)
  • Chosen (The Chosen, #1)
  • Hunted (The Chosen, #2)
  • Redemption (The Chosen, #4)

“You can do anything when the alternative is unacceptable.” 7 likes