Start by marking “Descendants (The Descendants Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Descendants (The Descendants Saga, #1)

Descendants (Descendants Saga #1)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  15 reviews
The only thing that mattered to Sollara was escaping the Deep Kingdom and exploring the world she had only ever dared to dream about. When her dreams clash with her reality, she finds herself thrown into an unknown world filled with monsters and magic. Not knowing who her enemies or allies are, she turns to those she was raised to despise for help.
Published (first published December 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Descendants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Descendants

StorySeekers
I have read this on Wattpad and Bookrix, and it just WOW! I can't wait to get a copy of this. -Emilia
Alanna (The Flashlight Reader)
This synopsis does NOTHING for the book. In fact, it sounds like a completely different book.

Sollara is turning 18 and has never seen the sun. She lives deep below the group in the Deep Kingdom because some of her descendants tried to over throw the Atlantians in the great city of Atlantis. Needless to say, that didn't go so well. So, on the morning of her 18th birthday she constructs a plan to visit the surface. Sollara successfully makes it to the surface. There she sees this swoon worthy boy,
Ashley Dawn
I loved this book. Sollara is a captive in her own home. On her 18th birthday, she asks for the one thing she really wants, to see the surface world. She and her 'people' live in the Deep Kingdom as they have been banished from Atlanticus. When she meets Kai, everything she thinks she knows is called into question and she begins the journey that she was destined to have...or was she?
The author did a wonderful job of making these characters real to me. The book is full of 'magic' as most people w
Amber
I currently bought the ebook and am reading it for the second time! I am still sucked into to the beauty and wonder of the world that R. Lynn creates. I can see the world so clearly in my mind that I almost feel as if I am there. I cant wait to get my hands on the next book in the series!
Kelsey
I could not put it down! I think it is an excellent story and cannot wait for the next one. totally worth 99 cents!

anyone who loves fantasy will love this book, it's got everything and it did not disappoint.
Patricia
Great book !!! Highly recommend !!! Read the beginning on bookrix.com Bought ebook for kindle on AMAZON.COM. Intend to buy a hard copy as soon as available. My congratulations to R. Lynn on her accomplishment.
Deanna
I really liked it, I read it on wattpad last year before it was published and fell in love with it, hoping to read it again to see if there were any changes. :)
Erin Latimer
Exciting at every turn and at times touching, you won't forget taking the journey with Sollara. The first few pages pull you in and don't let go.
Kelly/yllektra
When is this book coming out?
Where can I get it? :P
Will it be out through Smashwords, too?
Marina
Apparantly everyone else loves this story, but for some reason it just didn't click for me. I did read this off wattpad, so maybe it was formatted differently or even entirely different that the printed version, but I just did not like it that much.

The time threw me off, because talking about this ancient city and the Deep Kingdom and whatnot, I thought it was in a fictional world in the past, but then it comes down to private jets and shopping and TV and it just ruined the mythical, magically f
Jamie
Descendants is a really good book. I loved the mythical, magic, world and characters of this story.

Sollara lives in the Deep Kingdom, a place deep under ground where people who have pretty much been kicked out of Atlanticus live. She finds out her "parents" are not her real parents but took her after her real parents were killed. The only person she is close to is her maid who turns out to be someone else. You'll be surprised to read who she really is.

On her eighteenth birthday Sollara convince
Radhika
I read this in wattpad long ago.It was amazing.
Evangheline Farcas
I've waited a while for this to come out and it was definately worth waiting. I loved each word especially the begining where Solara and Kai see eachother for the first time. Throughout the book there were times when I laughed at the wonderful and clever dialogue of the characters and at other times (especially the part with Asima) where I wanted to cry and scream in rage. The ending of this first book leaves me wanting more, and I never saw it comming. I loved this and of course highly recommen ...more
Justin Hall
great book. looking forward to reading the rest of the series!
Sarah-Laney
I loved it, read this on wattpad.com and LOVED IT! =)
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
Sam Shivy
Sam Shivy marked it as to-read
Molly Schaefer
Molly Schaefer marked it as to-read
Darrah
Darrah marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Dylan Waters
Dylan Waters marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Cathlene Burk
Cathlene Burk marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Jun 09, 2015
Chelsea Scott
Chelsea Scott marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Kelli Wilson
Kelli Wilson marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
  • Rune Gate (Rune Gate Cycle #1)
  • Winterborne (Universe Unbound #1)
  • Funny Tragic Crazy Magic (Funny Tragic Crazy Magic, #1)
  • Mercenary (Little Death Bringer, #1)
  • Blackwater (Blackwater Witches, #1)
  • Witch Hunt (Hayle Coven, #2)
  • The Moon and the Tide (Marina's Tales, #2)
  • Fissure Free (Schasm #2)
  • The Vampire Underground (Grisly High #1)
  • The Buried Covenant
  • DeadBorn
  • On Dark Shores: The Lady
  • Wildflower (Wildflower, #1)
  • Billy Purgatory: I Am the Devil Bird
  • Vonnegut and Douglas Adams rewrite Brave New World and find The Future Perfect
  • What Once Was One (The Passage of Hellsfire, #2)
  • The Advice Girl (Dalara, #1)
  • Unnatural Law (Darwin's Children, #2)

Descendants Saga (4 books)
  • Two Bodies, One Soul (The Descendants Saga, #2)
  • To Die, With Love (The Descendants Saga, #3)
  • Blood Empire (The Descendants Saga, #4)
Vanity and Valor (The Blood of Rome) The Chariots Slave Two Bodies, One Soul (The Descendants Saga, #2) Blood Empire (The Descendants Saga, #4) To Die, With Love (The Descendants Saga, #3)