Start by marking “Hur man får det man önskar och är nöjd med det man har” as Want to Read:
Hur man får det man önskar och är nöjd med det man har

Hur man får det man önskar och är nöjd med det man har

What you want materially and what you want spiritually are both important, says John Gray, Ph.D., in How to Get What You Want and Want What You Have. "Wanting more is the nature of our soul, mind, heart, and senses," he says. As an antidote of sorts to the sometimes overly strict books of late that advocate a life of utter simplicity, he concedes that it's okay to want a b ...more
Published 2003 by Brombergs (first published January 1st 1999)

Be the first to ask a question about Hur man får det man önskar och är nöjd med det man har

Judith Symonds
Dec 10, 2010 Judith Symonds is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sensitive people and parents of sensitive children
Recommended to Judith by: The Millionaires Reading List
I am 38 years old and quite often other people notice that I am sensitive. I am now only coming to terms with this myself & John Gray helped me. What most people comment about Gray's work is the 'love tanks'. This makes alot of sense to me. Too much of a good thing can be, well just 'too much' and my mother always taught me 'everything in moderation'. Great! However, what I had never really understood is that people who wear their heart on their sleeve or 'sensitive people' absorb much more ...more
Rosslyn
Aug 09, 2009 Rosslyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fabulous book for people that found themselves wanting more after reading Rhonda Byrnes "The Secret". John Gray teaches the reader how to be true to himself in order to achieve personal happiness.
Aisha B
Mar 02, 2013 Aisha B rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book again reminded me of our Islam to appreciate everything we have. Loved that each page has the most important sentence highlighted so it reminds the reader of its importance. It's completed my read to the book "The Secret".
Riham
Aug 29, 2007 Riham is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ALL MY FRIENDS
FIRST THOUGHTS:
HOW BEAUTIFUL IS ISLAM!
the book s simply describing one of the main islamic concepts in our relation to ALLAH...
ALREDA!
the rest is to be posted ISA!
Marie Christine
Sep 22, 2012 Marie Christine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not my kind of thing. Same mumbo jumbo as 'the secret'.
Catherine
Dec 14, 2013 Catherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book offers clear and concise guidance into how many of our blockages can be cleared.
As human beings we get blocked and emptied at different stages of our lives. be it in childhood teen years or in relationships, we all ge hurt at some stage.
In this book John Gray opens the mind body and spirit to the various options available to us, in order to create a balance in our lives and become healthy again.
Fear , trust, forgiveness and most of all unconditional LOVE are dealt with in a compassion
Lisa
Mar 23, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm doing the #READ100 a day challenge that Richard Denney mentioned about on his YouTube channel. It really is helping me get more reading done. I've read this book in three days and usually it takes me longer to read a book than that. This book was really easy for me to fly through though. It was understandable yet also very descriptive in the purpose of the soul message. I have read a few self help books this year and this one has got to be my favorite one. Even though I'm an agnostic and don ...more
Jurgen
May 07, 2015 Jurgen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book really didn't work for me. The more I read, the more it seemed like completely hilarious BS. even got me laughing at some sections where I think you shouldn't be laughing. really making gun hands and shooting at plants. those poor innocent plants. what did they ever do to you.
off course if this book worked for you, great for you. I on the other hand do not belong to that group.
Carol
May 07, 2009 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked a few of the chapters that did not dwell on God. I learned that we all have several love tanks and when one is full it can change the way we interact with that person. We need to then switch to another love tank and try to keep them all in balance. An interesting concept.
Rebekah Sheppard
Feb 28, 2014 Rebekah Sheppard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marriage
Excellent insight on how to move forward with past bad experiences.
Claire
Jun 12, 2017 Claire rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I most liked how simple John Gray made success sound.

There are lots of little anecdotes to support his thesis, as well. ("You can get what you want and enjoy it.")

I didn't give him a maximum rating since his advice is a little reliant on God.
I mean, I've read that could stand for "Good Orderly Direction" so that is essentially OK.

This guide does not have an index, which lost it esteem in my opinion, even if it does condone meditation, which I like.

One thing I found a little distracting about thi
Looly 1988
كتاب رائع لكن الترجمة سيئة
Sean
Oct 01, 2013 Sean rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Author of the popular Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus books, John Gray goes beyond the topic of men/women in this book and addresses the more fundamental aspects of how to be happy. He doesn't take the tact of some books the profess to teach you how to aggressively go after everything you've always wanted, always reaching for more. This also isn't a book that tries to teach you to just accept what life has to offer, being happy with what you already have. Rather, Gray takes a middle road ...more
Mohammed Garad
Jul 17, 2014 Mohammed Garad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the books that really amazed me on how to explain the stages of your life. I was looking for why so many people get into crisis while they are ageing, so this one explained it very well. However, keep in mind that people go through different circumstances but overall their patterns are the same.
I really recommend this book for people who are 24-29 years old because they have many questions about how fulfil life.
Ann
Oct 25, 2014 Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book with practical advice on dealing with your feelings and getting beyond some of the stumbling blocks that keep you from being happy. It's written on a level that is not "preachy" but uses some common sense approaches to solving your issues. This is one of the better "self help" books that I have read.
ConnieC
Jan 10, 2017 ConnieC rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been reading "Leadership and Self-Deception" by the Arbingner Institute and I was reminded of way back how this book by John Gray helped soothe me to take responsibility for my choices in my life.

This book reasoned with me and helped me see that I had what I wanted, I just needed to accept that I had it, and it was good.
Carleen
Feb 20, 2016 Carleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Doing too much is sometimes the result of not believing in your power to attract and create success." -John Gray

"Nice people deny their wants and needs for the good of all." -John Gray

"Resentment is a clear sign that you have been giving to much in the wrong direction." -Joh Gray
Nancy Faye
Oct 27, 2008 Nancy Faye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The general information in this John Gray book is something I refer too often. Gray gives insights on how to break thru bocks to success. This book introduced at least a decade ago still attracks loyal fans.
Charmin
Jan 10, 2015 Charmin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: growth
Highlights:
1. Keep wishing for what you want (intention) and keep your heart open (acceptance).
2. Do your best. Surrender to god for the rest.
3. Personal success –the ability of getting what you want and wanting what you have.
Dustie
Jul 28, 2013 Dustie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mindfullness
Stacie
Dec 01, 2015 Stacie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
Joy. Love. Confidence. Peace.
Geert
Jun 30, 2015 Geert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
talks about the different stages in life. What it is when we are 'missing something'.

talks about love tanks and how to deal with different emotions.
Jenny
read in 2000.
Anny
Aug 19, 2012 Anny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was reading it in estonian language
Larisa
Aug 20, 2012 Larisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another favourite book of mine. Highly recommend.
Hessam
Nov 09, 2012 Hessam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is straightforward..... clearly a result of psychological research....
Nada Ashraf
Nov 16, 2012 Nada Ashraf rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A life changing book ..adore it
Sian Bussingham
Another self help book that I am not going to do the exercises in, though I really like the love tanks idea to work out if your life needs balance.
Jessica
Decent book, but I didn't choose to finish it. Nothing too inspiring though.
Bridget
May 17, 2008 Bridget rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help, marriage
A good self-help help and relationship book.
  • Shadow Dance
  • Women Who Think Too Much: How to Break Free of Overthinking and Reclaim Your Life
  • Take Time for Your Life
  • The Courage to be Rich
  • Open Your Mind to Prosperity
  • End The Struggle And Dance With Life: How To Build Yourself Up When The World Gets You Down
  • Coping With Difficult People Coping With Difficult People
  • Self-Esteem: A proven program of cognitive techniques for assessing, improving and maintaining your self-esteem
  • Girlfriends: Invisible Bonds, Enduring Ties
  • Empires of the Mind: Lessons To Lead And Succeed In A Knowledge-Based World
  • Healing Your Emotional Self: A Powerful Program to Help You Raise Your Self-Esteem, Quiet Your Inner Critic, and Overcome Your Shame
  • الثبات
  • Love Your Body
  • Living with Death and Dying
  • How to Raise Your Self-Esteem: The Proven Action-Oriented Approach to Greater Self-Respect and Self-Confidence
  • Dare to Win
  • Write It Down, Make It Happen: Knowing What You Want And Getting It
  • The Power of Verbal Intelligence: 10 ways to tap into your verbal genius

John Gray is an American author on relationships and personal growth, best known for his 1992 book Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus, and other "pop psychology" books offering relationship advice.

He was previously married to fellow self-help author Barbara De Angelis, but they divorced in 1984. He is now m
More about John Gray...