Start by marking “Christmas Homecoming” as Want to Read:
Christmas Homecoming

Christmas Homecoming (Hammer #12.1)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Grady's been waiting for over two years to see his lover, Joey, who's been deployed in Afghanistan. It looks like it's going to be Valentine's Day at the earliest before they're reunited, though. Oliver's been keeping Grady busy during the holiday season, and he just might have a Christmas surprise for Grady at the Hammer's annual Charity Auction that the man will never fo ...more
Published (first published December 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Homecoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Homecoming

Serena Yates
This story is fun, a little cheeky, and a lot hot. I loved visiting the Hammer Club and its annual very naughty Christmas auction again. This year the story focuses on one couple, and that made it very enjoyable for me, especially since it is so short and Grady and Joey have quite a story to tell.

Grady, the Dom, clearly misses his sub a lot. He loves Joey with all his heart and finds the separation very hard to deal with. Two years of absence with only a few visits is a very long time for any co
Tam
This review can be found in Brief Encounters Reviews.

I went searching to see if Grady and Joey were featured in another Hammer story, but I couldn’t find it, unless they are in an anthology somewhere. I felt I was missing how they got together and the parameters of their D/s relationship. However, the story starts at Thanksgiving when Grady is at Oliver and Jack’s for dinner. Joey is in Afghanistan and hopes to be home for Valentine’s Day, but you never know with military service.

Christmas arriv
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
This Hammer short is about Grady, and his partner, Joey, who is away at war. They are all assembling at the ever present Oliver and Jack's home for a Thanksgiving gathering where Oliver is trying to convince Grady to assist him with the annual holiday benefit auction at the Hammer. Predictably, Joey makes it home to surprise Grady at the auction. The rest is them getting reacquainted. Ooh-rah.
Joyfully Reviewed
To date it’s been two incredibly long, painful years of being apart while Joey does a tour in Afghanistan and Grady waits for him back home. Their friends at the Hammer Club are doing their best to keep Grady’s spirits up though everyone knows he will only be complete when his sweet sub returns, safe and sound.

The last thing Grady wants to do during the holidays is to be a part of the Hammer Club’s annual Auction. If not for Oliver’s nagging Grady wouldn’t have to put up with the torture of watc
ARe Cafe
Another fantastic addition to the Hammer series. I would like to personally thank Sean Michael for this Christmas present to the readers. I thought this story was spot on. There was not a beat skipped from beginning to end in this very loving, very hot story. There’s lots of down and dirty sex and I loved it. It is also a very emotional love story of a Marine coming home and readjusting to civilian life especially in terms of a BDSM lifestyle. Joey must now take orders of a different kind. Grady ...more
Plainbrownwrapper
This one is basically all about the sex. The setup is that Grady, a Dom, is missing his sub, Joey, who is a Marine in Afghanistan. It is Christmastime, and Grady doesn't expect Joey to be home til after Valentine's Day. But Joey shows up unannounced at the Hammer Club's Christmas charity auction, where Grady is helping out. Then lots of sex happens.

This one has more of the "I know what's best for you, boy" D/s attitude, which irritates me. And punitive spanking, which also irritates me. And no s
Anne
Great little story about Joey, returning home from a military tour, to his lover, Grady. Grady and Joey are clearly in love and in an established relationship. I would have loved a longer story with these two. This story gives readers very little of their background. Even more than being told of their back story, I would have loved a longer story that showed more of Joey adjusting to civilian life. For instance, readers are shown Joey's anxiety about finding a job, but that issue is left unresol ...more
Sam
I'm really disappointed with this book I usually love SM's books, especially the Hammer series, so finding one disappointing is unusual.

The premise is good, an established couple separated due to military service (marines:-D), very much in love. Oliver has helped the sub surprise his Dom at the annual Christmas Auction. Not expecting his Lover home before Valentines Day Grady is delighted to see his Boy.

That's when it starts to fade for me. The emotions don't feel right, nor do the responses o
Virginia
Really liked both these MCs and this short. Wish this was a full length Hammer book about them because there could have been so much story given the deployment. Joey is a tough sub but who needs to be a little bratty to get what he needs from his dom. Grady is the tough dom who knows what Joey needs. Short story with a lot of sex but also showed that they were going to need to adjust from being apart so long. Really liked this one.
Pam
It's another fun and entertaining holiday short, with two wonderful characters in Grady and Joey. I loved that this one focused on an established couple and having Joey be a returning serviceman only makes it better. The story is a well written little holiday gem filled with blistering hot sex as sub Joey tries to get what he needs from his lover and Dom.
Katy Beth Mckee
Joey has been overseas serving in the military overseas and his master Grady is really missing him. Grady doesn't really feel in the holiday spirit but Oliver talks him in to coming and helping with the auction. He seems to be getting more down by the second. So the wonderful holiday surprise is very emotional. A great holiday story of love reunited.
Lucia
Nice short story about a waiting dom and his marine sub. Great that even in a short story their problems with coming home were handled. And of course as in a lot of the Hammer stories, great (and a lot of) sex ;)
Lily
Xmas themed story set in the Hammer world.
Mercy
Holly
Holly added it
Dec 31, 2014
Carolina
Carolina marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
  • Cherry On Top
  • Happily Ever After (Russian Bear, #4)
  • On This Day... (Stand Alone Short Story, #2)
  • Wooing Master Jones (BDSM Club #1)
  • Broken Bonds (Souls in Bondage, #1)
  • Apartment 1209
  • As He Watches
  • Velvet Memories (Club Velvet Ice, #4)
  • By His Rules
  • Mission: X (Mission X, #1)
  • Finders, Keepers (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #2)
  • Catalyst
  • Angel Voices
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more
More about Sean Michael...

Hammer (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Bent (Hammer, #1)
  • Brownies (A Hammer Story)
  • Drawn (Hammer, #2)
  • Found (Hammer, #3)
  • Snared (Hammer, #4)
  • Owned (Hammer, #5)
  • Push (Hammer, #6)
  • Baked (Hammer, #7)
  • Forged (Hammer, #8)
  • Spoken (Hammer, #9)
Bent (Hammer, #1) Daddy, Daddy and Me Mannies Incorporated (Mannies Incorporated, #1) Found (Hammer, #3) Forged (Hammer, #8)