The Sharp Edge of Memory

The Sharp Edge of Memory

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Avelia Warbler wakes from two years of magical healing with a price on her head and the minions of a bloodthirsty cult dogging her heels. The world has changed while she slept, and that sleep has changed her as well. Now a sixty-year-old woman in a twenty-year-old body, she must dodge assassins, bounty hunters, and the ghosts of her own past on her way to a sorcerous labyr...more
Published December 22nd 2011 (first published December 21st 2011)

Melinda Le Baron
A Stunning Follow up to The Last Tragedy

Mr. Mallette again proves he's got the chops for epic fantasy in spades. His worldbuilding just continues to add depth, dimension and wonder to this fantastic, yet deadly world.

His characters are so human it's scary. Avelia Warbler has got to be one of my all time favorite characters in any genre of writing. She has been around the block a few times, so she knows what she is doing. She is brutally honest with herself, and always humble, but directly does...more
Francine B
Very imaginative, particularly good start
Herb Mallette
Jan 09, 2012 Herb Mallette rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
As I was prepping this one for publication, I was reminded how extraordinary some of the characters and scenes are. It's a story about heroism, so if you prefer morally ambiguous protagonists, you should probably lop a couple of stars off my rating. But if you like your fantasy to be both thoughtful and exciting, this is more than worth checking out.
Joleen
I truly enjoyed this story! It was a fun adventure with excellently developed characters and I could not put it down. I finished and immediately ordered the third in the series on my Kindle. It is a fun read and a well-crafted story. You should check the series out!
Jackie G
Jackie G marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Blah Smith
Blah Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Jacquel
Jacquel marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Stacey Dickey
Stacey Dickey marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Randy Harmelink
Randy Harmelink marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Ashley Ferguson
Ashley Ferguson marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2013
Miriam
Miriam marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2012
Smitha
Smitha added it
Aug 21, 2012
Candace
Candace marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2012
Midu Hadi
Midu Hadi marked it as to-read
May 04, 2012
The Last Tragedy The Identity of Evil The Ingressionist Ninja High School Pocket Manga #8 (Ninja High School (Graphic Novels))