Start by marking “Tango One” as Want to Read:
Tango One

Tango One

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  228 ratings  ·  20 reviews
In different parts of London, three recruits prepare for their first day at the Metropolitan Police's training centre at Hendon. All three had succeeded in getting into the police in spite of weaknesses. But on their first day, the assistant commissioner announces that he wants them to join a team of undercover detectives. Their brief? To become criminals; to work their wa ...more
Edizione Kindle
Published (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Tango One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tango One

Anandh Sundar
Set a thief to catch a thief. Stephen Leather builds this entire theme into a book, where police decide that 3 of their prospective recruits would be better off becoming criminals and going undercover to nab a ruthless druglord. Story has many twists and turns, with an explosive ending-in fact even the ending alone is worth reading the book.
Dan
This review is based on the Isis Audio read by Stephen Greif.
Although this book started a little slow with the recruiting of the undercover agents, of which you star wondering when they're going to get pulled back into the plot, this soon picked up and was, for me, an amazing book. I loved the story from the point Den came into the scene and Stephen Greif was fantastic in keeping the book going.
I've read/listened to all of the Dan Shepherd books and although some were 4-5 star reads, I always wo
Michael O'Donnell
It started out clunky but the story grabbed the main player and ran with it. He was not nice or particularly likeable. The threads were then pulled back together. It did not change my views on the morality of the scene as it did not show the results of the cocaine or heroin trade for those at the bottom. A good read.
Jane Walker
I'm not sure about this one. It's a complicated plot, with several twists at the end, and ultimately I didn't find it satisfactory.
Stephen leather at his best.
Tim Heywood
the beginning seemed very dissociated from the middle section, essentially a book in 3 parts: recruiting the agents; establishing the story around the main character; the story itself. It took me a while to get into the establishing phase.
There is an incredible twist that catches by surprise, leaving one wondering how the story will end.
Enjoyable as a yarn, an OK story well told, with enough end twists to keep you guessing.
Therese
Tango One is highly entertaining. It was less cops-and-robbers and far more human than I expected. I loved the fact that most of the book is written from the Villain's point of view. Even though he's The Baddie I found myself kind of rooting for him. Great writing, intelligent story. It probably deserves an extra half a star, in fact.
John
Jun 04, 2008 John rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Crime Thriller Readers
The first Stephen Leather book that I read and still my favourite to date,

Stephen Leather knows how to write books/stories well - they easily convert to tv dramas. This book is fast paced with great characyers and a wonderfol storyline.

Dennis Donovan... what a villain.
Stuart
great story. to say any more might ruin it.. Buy it and read it if you like stories about crime / drug lords / police / MI5 double crossings etc

seriously amazing. one of the best thriller writers ever to grace my bookshelf
Paul
Great book, lots of nice touches and some really god twists! not often you end up willing the drug dealing murdering scum bag to win!
Marcus
best book by far ive ever read and a must to past on to anyone. it just kept getting better and better. a must for the ebook reader
Satyendracool
very fast moving. best part of this book is that in last villian is potrayed as a hero
Chrysler Carlow
My first Stephen Leather book. Loved it. I now have a collection of his books.
Rochelle
Great sorry, fantastic end.
I am glad this was my first Stephen Leather book.
Ian T
Good Book but less original than his others.
Angham
the most wonderful position description
Darren Keighley
What a great read, I didn't want it to end.
Mick
Typical Stephen Leather Excellent
Andy
edge of your seat thriller, great read!
Richard Mulholland
Lina
Lina added it
Nov 29, 2014
Stewart Ogilvie-Goddard
Stewart Ogilvie-Goddard marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Sir-lorm
Sir-lorm marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
  • The Vanishing
  • Children of the Flower Power
  • Never Ceese (Thirsting for Blood, #1)
  • Bangkok Noir
  • Extraordinary
  • Crimzon & Clover
  • Land Of Fire
  • Dance Of The Goblins (The Goblin, #1)
  • The Crime Trade: (Tina Boyd 1)
  • Past Imperfect
  • The Lure
  • Fifty Shades Shadier
  • The Secret of Castle Cant: Being an Account of the Remarkable Adventures of Lucy Wickwright, Maidservant and Spy
  • The Gunfighter and The Gear-Head (The Raven Ladies, #1)
  • Recoil (Nick Stone, #9)
  • Traitor's Kiss
  • The Hostage (Stratton, #1)
Stephen Leather was a journalist for more than ten years on newspapers such as The Times, the Daily Mail and the South China Morning Post in Hong Kong. His bestsellers have been translated into more than ten languages. He has also written for television shows such as London's Burning, The Knock and the BBC's Murder in Mind series. For much of 2011 his self-published eBooks - including The Bestsell ...more
More about Stephen Leather...
Hard Landing (Dan Shepherd, #1) Nightfall (Jack Nightingale, #1) The Basement Midnight (Jack Nightingale, #2) Soft Target (Dan Shepherd, #2)