Start by marking “The Younger Man” as Want to Read:
The Younger Man

The Younger Man

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  240 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Abby runs her own agency, providing beautiful girls for promotional events. She needs a new website and when she calls in the web contractors, none other than the gorgeous, sexy, young Marcus turns up. Abby had met Marcus at a party a few weeks earlier and they had an amazing one-night stand. Abby is not unhappy to see him again. He is rather divine, after all. It's just t ...more
Published February 2012 by Penguin Australia

To ask other readers questions about The Younger Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Younger Man

The Debs by Susan McBrideThe Professors' Wives' Club by Joanne RendellChoral Society by Prue LeithMore Like Her by Liza PalmerWhat the Nanny Saw by Fiona Neill
Legs Turned Inwards, Red Shoes
40th out of 41 books — 4 voters
The Summer of Cotton Candy by Debbie ViguiéSue Ellen's Girl Ain't Fat, She Just Weighs Heavy by Shellie Rushing TomlinsonHow Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah StrohmeyerSugar Baby by Gesine Bullock-PradoCotton Candy by F.L. Jones
Cotton Candy
8th out of 8 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Catriona
I actually kind of enjoyed this one. I mean, I knew it was a load of complete and utter crap, but it took me away from my own life, and let me fantasize a little.

The writing was basic. It’s easy to read, holds the flimsy plot, and, well, doesn’t make you think too hard. It’s chic lit. If there were any deep philosophical themes underlining this ‘great’ love, then no one would want to read it. Chic lit is supposed to be crap, and easy to read nonsense is just what we want sometimes…am I right?

Li
Michelle
I picked this book up last night because the book I was reading was doing my head in, my off again fella kept ringing me and I was feeling in need of something that would make me forget about my own heartache for a moment in time and instantly thought of Zoe Foster's new book which I had fortuitously picked up from the library. I knew I secretly wanted to save the book for a rainy weekend but with no Prozac on hand it was to TheYounger Man I clung/groped umm I mean read.

I wasn't disappointed, ha
Sophie
Okay, I understand you can't go reading this novel and expect to find something the quality of Pride and prejudice here, but seriously, the talents of Zoe Foster are wasted! Her characters in each novel all blend into the same vapid, self-absorbed 30-ish urban socialite, who is seemingly employed within a serious career (running an escort agency anyone?). All her females protagonists are preoccupied with finding 'The One', an inspiration which should not be celebrated! Her seemingly 'perfect' bu ...more
Lauren Taylor
Although Abby drove me crazy sometimes, by the halfway mark I could not put this book down. Cleverly written, I absolutely loved it!
––––•(-•The Insomniac Book Hoarder•-
This is the very first book I've finished which was written by a fellow aussie; the lovely and absolutely stunning Mrs Zoe Foster-Blake. Married to one half of the dynamic comic duo Andy Blake, the couple matchmade in Australian media heaven. Status and identity aside, I liked the book. It was entertaining enough initially draws you in with its easy going and realistic conversations (as well as inner monologues). Our protagonist is a sassy 33 year old businesswoman named Abby, who's all woman an ...more
This Charming Mum
I’m not quite sure when I started thinking of twenty-somethings as ‘the young people of today’, imbuing them with faults ranging from an unwarranted sense of entitlement to a reckless disregard for socially acceptable skirt length, but I have made that leap. And, like the book’s protagonist, Abby, I need to remind myself occasionally that you can’t write off an entire generation based on the behaviour of a few. I am most offended when people make similar assumptions about my thirty-something fri ...more
Simone
I thought the book was good and very easy to read though it lacked the depth that makes a book great.
It needed more love or loss, more adventure, more drama, more suspense, more humour... Just more. More than the superficial... Or maybe I should get back to reading different genres.
It's clear that Zoe Foster has a great sense of humour but it did not translate to laugh-out-loud moments for me.
All in all, while I can appreciate the writing and book as a whole, my heart just wasn't in it.
Bron
I have mixed feelings here.
The first sentence annoyed me: "Abby washed her hands and peered at her naked body in the mirror as she dried them on a technicolour Missoni hand towel". I mean, did she dry her naked body or her hands? I had three separate attempts to get past this grammar nightmare and wondered how the rest of the book would go.
And I am glad I did. I had some laugh-out-loud moments and enjoyed this 'bubble gum for the mind' chic-lit. Perfect for a lazy summer holiday if you like this
Kerenza
I fear I have devoured Zoë's works too quick! Two to go and then I shall have to wait for a new release! Another easy read sitting in the glorious Melbourne sun! Thank you for a wonderful day zoë. Now where can I find my own Marcus.....
annelise
I've read one of Zoe's other books and didn't love it, so I'm not sure why I read this one. I think I *want* to like them. While I thought the other book of Foster's lacked some sass, I thought this one tried too hard to be sassy. Bit vulgar with the sex talk (saying that makes me sound like a prude, I know), which made it kind of bogan. Too much label name dropping, too much going to lunch in a helicopter (the whole Italy section was so unrealistic), and too much with the unlikeable female char ...more
Rebekka Wooloff
I actually sort of enjoyed this book! It was an easy read and I found I got more into it as the plot progressed =)
Loved it. Trashy but a great escape.
Julie
This is an easy and ejoyable chick lit read. It held my attention throughout, although I was not a huge fan of the whole 'Italy' bit in the book. I understand why it was put into the story, but I think the characters of Abby and Marcus and their relationship could have been explored a bit further, and leave the whole Italian thing out all together. I have read Zoe's other books also, and will continue to read any other fiction she publishes!!
Mel
A young, ambitious, responsible woman dates a younger, lovely guy. Follows the cliched chick lit formula. I love a good chick lit novel, have to unwind and read something a bit mindless sometimes. This novel revealed a shallow and pretentious foundation - didn't like this much, at all! P.S. I'm always surprised by how the protagonist of these novels hold such high positions of employment but are so shallow, indecisive and ...urgh!
Roxanne
i realy enjoy reading zoe foster's blog posts & watching her you tube videos, so I thought that I would check out her book - yes it is a bit of light hearted fluff - but very enjoyable - annoying how they called the main character "Abs " (short for Abby) - but then people shorten my name to "rox" and I hate it - will definitely have to check out zoe's other books!
Belinda
I just finished reading this and it's the first time I have read a book by Zoe Foster. I really enjoyed it as it was set in Australia, very easy to read, had excitement and a good love story with a dew twists and turns along the way.
Liked it because you could stop and start it which was I needed, good way to unwind at the end of the day.
Jo Mcelvenny
I really wanted to love this book but found some bits forced and the characters fake. A bit too "sex and the city" in Australia. Plus it drives me nuts when people say 'Macaroon' but mean 'Macaron'! Get it right, they're two different sweets, the French are cringing at us! Easy read and funny bits though!
Wendy
oh my if you love romance and don't want to think too much, and you want to guess what is going to happen straight away, oh and you want non stop nicknames then go for this one. Definite holiday book but you only need a morning, take another one with you before you leave.
Elle
Enjoyed reading this book for some lighthearted fun but it was trashy and the main character was incredibly frustrating. The characters were extremely superficial and the writing was imperfect with some errors but I still enjoyed sexy Marcus !
Flickity_split

Love absolutely everything about Zoe Foster and her books are no exception!!!
Light hearted, funny with great characters and super easy to read, if you are after something fun, you will fly through this in no time!
Catherine
I wish I had enjoyed this book more than I did! For all it's cute, sassy, sex in the city-ish-ness it failed to hit the mark. Or perhaps it's because I didn't develop a raging 'fictional male crush' on Marcus LOL!!
Wellington City Libraries
Was a must-read. Kept me interested - love Zoe style of writing - entertaining, easy read. Thanks for getting it in so quickly given it's only just been released! Impressive!
Nicole Penny
Mindless fluff, though highly entertaining and perfect therapy when you're feeling down and out and just want to lose yourself in a silly romance. I really enjoyed it!
Lilly
loved this book...read it in a day, could not put it down....reminded me how i should apprecaite my own 'younger man' and how lucky i am to have him!!!
Kelly
Was much better than I expected. An easy and fast read - perfect for those traveling days.
Karli Weaver
An australian eat pray love. It was a good read and very entertaining. I recommend it!
Julie
Summer fluff but love Zoe
Felicity
Light and fun
older woman and a younger man...can it work? 2 6 Sep 14, 2012 11:15AM
  • The Girl in the Hard Hat
  • Putting Alice Back Together
  • Man Drought
  • Wings of Fear (Formerly Border Watch)
  • Everything Changes But You
  • Love Struck
  • Red Dust
  • Fall Girl
  • Becoming Scarlett
Zoë Foster took off her WAG sash in 2009 after almost a decade in the world of football, and far too many pies and beers in the grandstands. She was the Beauty and Lifestyle Editor at Cosmopolitan magazine before becoming Beauty Director at Harper's BAZAAR. Zoë is currently the Editor in Chief of online beauty destination www.primped.com.au, and could really go some nachos. Her first novel, Air Ki ...more
More about Zoe Foster...
The Wrong Girl Air Kisses Amazing Face: clever beauty tricks, should-own products + spectacularly useful how-to-do-its Playing the Field Textbook Romance