The Temperament God Gave Your Kids: Motivate, Discipline, and Love Your Children

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Do you have a child who is into everything? Your energetic, bubbly child is often the center of attention and sometimes in the middle of trouble!

Or perhaps you have a child who is just the opposite: quiet, studious, and slow to warm up in social situations.

Then there's the future lawyer: that argumentative, willful child who sometimes makes you want to pull your hair out....more
Published February 17th 2012 by Our Sunday Visitor

Karishma
I bought this book after attending a talk by Laraine Bennett at the IHM homeschooling conference. I think that colored my experience of it because there was so much overlap between the talk and the book. It is fascinating material, and definitely useful to identify your own temperament and that of the people around you, in particular your kids.

I was hoping for even more practical advice on how to parent kids of various temperaments, though. More nuts and bolts stuff rather than philosophical/ps...more
Lauren
Really liked this book for understanding my choleric son and sanguine daughter. And since I am a melancholic I liked seeing how my personality could affect my parenting style. Since I already knew the temperaments the beginning was a little repetitive but it got really good once I got to how the temperaments of parent and child interact.
Barb

This book, the third in the Bennett's fascinating series on temperament, gives parents useful tools and strategies to help their children build on their own strengths and grow in virtue. Highly recommended (read them all!)
Amanda
Good overall book even if not overly religious...just focus on the psycology. Could easily relate the real life examples to myself, childhood and current parenting situations. Very useful, now to get my husband to buy into it:)
Bethany
Wonderful Book, anyone who wants to really work with their children and not be succumbed to the "world's" view of what is "normal" should read this book.
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Christine Smith
Christine Smith marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Erin Quarnstrom
Erin Quarnstrom marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Kristyn
Kristyn marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Patricia Wightman
Patricia Wightman marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Whitney Canales
Whitney Canales marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Temperament God Gave You: The Classic Key to Knowing Yourself, Getting Along with Others, and Growing Closer to the Lord The Temperament God Gave Your Spouse The Emotions God Gave You: A Guide for Catholics to Healthy and Holy Living Catholic and Married: Leaning Into Love The Emotions God Gave You: A Guide for Catholics to Healthy & Holy Living