Start by marking “The Wyckham House” as Want to Read:
The Wyckham House

The Wyckham House (The Devil's Mansion #1)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  11 reviews
From the author of MALAKH comes a dark tale of black magic, obsession, and the price of covenants with the fallen.

The Wyckham House has stood for centuries, its origin unknown, its history black and bloody. Aaron Schaefer came away from his experience with “the devil’s mansion” with amnesia and an aversion to specific people…and to the full moon.

When Kimberly Owens’ fath
Published December 19th 2011 by Running Ink Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Wyckham House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wyckham House

Bumping Noses and Cherry Pie by Charie D. La MarrThe Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberTrust by Cristiane SerruyaPlebs by Jim GoforthDreams Come True by Bridgitte Lesley
Little Known Gems
383rd out of 911 books — 1,070 voters
Yours Truly, Taddy by Avery AsterLove, Lex by Avery Aster90 Miles to Freedom by K.C. HiltonUndressed by Avery AsterThe Magic of Finkleton by K.C. Hilton
Books That Should Be Listed More
50th out of 159 books — 155 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily
Definitely not for the faint of heart. With very obvious overtones of ritual sacrifice, black magic, torture, and rape this book covers just about every element of darkness one could want, or fear. The author does it very well, too. If I had any complaints it would be that at times I just wanted things to move faster.

Right from the moment the main character enters the town that most of this takes place in, things just feel wrong. The sense of wrong is easily conveyed in the descriptive writing,
Lauralynn Elliott
I had read everything else by Sharon Gerlach and had been patiently waiting for this book to be released. It sounded so spooky. I was not disappointed. Wyckham House is dark and mysterious with elements of black magic, sacrifices, and evil, but also true love and hope. There are a couple of mysteries that do get solved before the end. This book kept me entertained, and I was satisfied at the conclusion. This author has a writing style that always pleases me, and I can't wait to read the next boo ...more
Christel Grady
I first read this book in its early, unedited form years ago, on a site called Writer's Cafe. Now many moons later, I've edited and (of course) read all of Sharon's books, although this one is still my favorite. I totally identify with Kim and Ron. Stayed tuned for her sequel to Wyckham House, title the Condemned, where we can watch as Kim's recklessness reeks more havoc on her life, and watch as Caleb become something almost endearing. Will there be redemption? Read and see...
Keshia
This book is all sorts of crazy. And creepy. And complicated (in a good way). And did I mention crazy?
elton dungan
The ultimate haunted house story.

only this one was haunted by the devil I liked that these characters ran true bad was bad

nice read

Lucinda
4 1/2 stars
This is a genre I would not normally choose but having already read two novels from the same author (in another genre), I was willing to give it a try. I downloaded the sample, and it was enough to hook me.
The writing is extremely compelling and the characters very realistic. The story, though dark in theme, has an element of pragmatism that made it easier for me to read.
I love this author and her writing style.
Missy
This book had the right mix of mystery, love, witchcraft, and other paranormal elements. The characters are unforgetable as well as the plot. At first I was confused but after the first couple pages everything snapped into place. I read this book in two days, the whole time I was sitting on the edge of my seat. There are a few funny moments as well as sad.
Torey
Found it for free on my Nook. It was slightly predictable but an interesting read.
Vicky
Really 3 1/2 stars for me. Was a little long for the content. Still, good read for free!
Mitzi
Jun 04, 2012 Mitzi marked it as to-read
Free Kindle book June 4, 2012.
Nika Sergeeva
Nika Sergeeva marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Tricia
Tricia is currently reading it
Nov 21, 2014
Lisa Day
Lisa Day marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Julie Kersten
Julie Kersten marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Irene Alfaro
Irene Alfaro marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Schellie
Schellie marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Crystal Sitter
Crystal Sitter marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Jennifer Hickey
Jennifer Hickey marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Mesorain
Mesorain marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
S.l.
S.l. is currently reading it
Oct 14, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Natural Selection (Forces of Nature, #1)
  • Eternity
  • Bayou Scar
  • Wolf Medicine
  • Stunner (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #0.75)
  • The Scare
  • Blood Marriage
  • Legacy of the Witch (The Portal, #0.5)
  • Walking Dead Girl (Vampireland, #1)
  • The Ghost Exterminator (Karmic Consultants, #2)
  • Oxford Whispers (The Oxford Trilogy, # 1)
  • The Last Killiney (Ravenna Evans, #1)
  • Vampire Elite (Vampire Elite, #1)
  • Blood, Smoke and Mirrors (Bad Witch #1)
  • Seducing the Princess
  • Beauty and the Beast (Demon Tales, #1)
  • Caged View: A Collection of Urban Fantasy Short Stories (Habitat, #0.5)
  • Spellbound (Legend, #1)
I am a writer. Enough said. ;-)

I love to hear from my readers what worked for them and what didn't in my writing.

Also, if you'd like me to read & review your book, please let me know.
More about Sharon Gerlach...
The Secret Dreams of Sarah-Jane Quinn Office Politics Malakh Condemned (The Devil's Mansion Book 2)