Start by marking “Gone (Chop, Chop, #6)” as Want to Read:
Gone (Chop, Chop, #6)

Gone (Chop, Chop #6)

Book Six in the CHOP, CHOP series takes place more than twenty years after David and Laci decide to move back to Mexico. A lot has happened during those years, but readers only catch glimpses of them now. The events that unfold during the elapsed time between THE OTHER MOTHERS and GONE will be revealed later in Book 8 - ALONE . . . GONE is about the here and now. It's a bo ...more
Published December 11th 2011 by Rivulet Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Gone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gone

Loretta
Oct 01, 2013 Loretta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think it's fair to say that L. N. Cronk is not afraid of difficult subjects. She makes us love her characters. And in this heartbreaking book she makes us say goodbye. But she deals with pain with a deft hand, so that there is light in the dark, I'm 72% of the way through this book, so I don't know how it's going to end. Only that it IS going to end. The characters are so human, so real.

Ok, I've finished. And this one cracked me. This one brought tears to my eyes. Heartbreaking, and hauntingl
Janet
Apr 05, 2012 Janet rated it it was amazing
I finished this book yesterday while traveling, the good news was it made the travel go by much faster, the bad news was I was crying so much people had to wonder what was up.

This is the last book told by David in LN Cronk's Chop Chop series.
The good news is she is writing 2 more from other people's point of view.

I LOVED this book, now agreed there was lots of questions that went unanswered - like when did they go from 2 (3) children to 6. Did they ever reconnect with Amber?

I was taken aback w
LILLIAN C. KNOCKE
Two more to go

like I've said, I'm hooked..will continue to read what's the answers to lots of questions. I have enjoyed the chop-chop series
Julie Smith
Jul 04, 2013 Julie Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I still love this series, but as with anyone that you fall in love with and they pass on a part of your heart has gone with them. I couldn't imagine what David was going through or the ones around him, but it is the trust you have with God that will get you threw anything. On to book 7.
Elaine
Sep 25, 2012 Elaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cried the entire way thru this book. It was really well written and as you can tell I am so connected with the characters. Enjoy! Another great read!
Barbie
Nov 03, 2014 Barbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wept like a baby.
Janet
Feb 07, 2013 Janet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is the last book told by David in LN Cronk's Chop Chop series.
The good news is she is writing 2 more from other people's point of view.

I was taken aback w
becca
Mar 13, 2013 becca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars to the whole series (well, at least the first 6 so far...). As a hopeless romantic, I loved reading about these main characters starting out as children and growing into grandparents and all the people in their lives. Everything they dealt with was realistic. Death, God, growing pains, forgiveness, murder, marriages, sacrifice, miscarriages, justice, reunion, sickness, ultimate true love, children, friendship, and again death. Everything circled back around and feels complete after fi ...more
S
May 25, 2014 S rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book tackled the hard fought battles a family faces when one of its members has Alzheimer’s. It shows the heartbreak, joy and pain of dealing with someone with this disease. The book is definitely emotional, yet wraps up Laci and David’s story. It is different than the previous books, but was perfect for where it is in the series. Good job on the series and I definitely plan on finishing the series.
July
Sep 04, 2012 July rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wanda
Jul 29, 2016 Wanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This book takes place twenty years after returning to Mexico. Laci and David are faced with sad news. As David deteriorates, Tanner retires from the high school and moves in with them to help care for David. David then develops cancer and continues to disappear in front of Laci and Tanner's eyes. They have to say goodbye to David.
Karley
Dec 28, 2012 Karley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book just now and I cannot wait till I can afford to get the next book! It helps you get through some tough times yourself as well as feel as though you are right there with Dave , Laci and Tanner. I was worried about how this book would end because you know what is going to happen and you think the worst will happen but the author has made the end perfect! I love all of the books so far and recommend them to all.
Heather Gourley
Jan 20, 2015 Heather Gourley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down. I love the series because of how it reminds us that God does provide and He has plans for us, even when they do not seem to fit into our own. Very touching
Lisa  Schlottmann
I hate to give this one a 3, but I didn't love it like the others. I suppose it's life and I do appreciate that the stories are one's that people can relate to, but this one is pretty depressing! I hated to read what was happening, even though it was still good. I am assuming the other 2 books mentioned aren't out yet as I can't find them anywhere! I can't wait to read more and hope it happens!
Rushbug23
Oct 13, 2013 Rushbug23 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was good but upset me lil because it jumped 20 years into the future and only gave a glimpse of what had happened during that time span. i was mad cus i was like "whaaa they got amber back and had more kids, how the hell she go skip all of that and jump to the end" i was ready to go off half cocked until the end note!!! Thx LN for the inevitable surprise once again you never fail to twist.
Andrea Stoeckel
May 19, 2013 Andrea Stoeckel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sherry and Douglas Doornink
Just can't help but wonder if the author wrote Gone as a loved one who experienced Alzheimer s and wrote in love and tribute. Would have been good to have known more of David and Laci's lives during the 20 years that were jumped.

All in all a strong representation of Christian faith in everyday life. I truly enjoyed how the author develops her characters.
Greensmith
Apr 10, 2012 Greensmith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not just for teenagers! This one takes the characters right up to my age group. Some of the struggles are MORE than relevate to my life and the lives of my family and friends. Can not recommend this series enough! Will be hard to wait for next two books. God is working in this authors life in such a strong and powerful way. May God bless you LN Cronk.
MariaFe
Mar 18, 2012 MariaFe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book better than the last one, it felt like being back to square one only that we already knew the characters and their attitudes about life were already built. If there's a book to talk about love no matter what the circumstances are, this is it. Perfect way to "end up" the series, though I'm anxiously waiting for the next two books.
Sheila Siler
Apr 13, 2015 Sheila Siler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gone but not really

What can I possibly say here? The most moving of them all. The conclusion (sort of) of this series impacted me in many ways. Having become invested in the lives of David and Laci - their life of love and commitment are inspiring. A beautiful love story.
Debi Helgren
Mar 30, 2016 Debi Helgren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have no words

Again, I am blown away by Ms. Cronk's ability to pull one into a story. I keep thinking about all of the books leading to this one. And I look forward to the remaining books in the series.
Allison Mortimer
Amazing series! I will never forget it! The best! Could read it over and over agian! Great for Christians like me. Everyone should read it! SUPER FUNNY SERIES! This boo in particular is a little sad, but super good.
Amanda
Aug 24, 2014 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, as I have all the books in this series. Lots of questions were answered. I did spend most of the book in tears, so if that's a turn off for you, you've been warned.
Aug 22, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing--this book was both heart-wrenching and uplifting at the same time. I do wish they'd fix the typos on kindle, though. I love that the story doesn't end here, either.
Lisa
Dec 27, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series were so good. I could not put these books down. Very good story line and made you want to keep reading all 7 books. I cannot wait for book 8 to be released.
Brenda
Feb 20, 2013 Brenda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
L. N. Cronk has made me fall in love with each and every character in this series. Every book has portrayed a christian message that touches the heart.
Lanae
Oct 21, 2013 Lanae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could give half stars, because I'd give this one 4.5. Never read a series quite like it before. Get ready for a whirlwind of emotion!
Lisa
Sep 18, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this look at alzheimers from the patients point of view. Heartbreaking at times, it was another great book in a great series.
Jenny Johnson
Aug 07, 2013 Jenny Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have no words. I cried.
Such a beautiful love story.
Such a beautiful friendship story.
Denitra Franklin morris
great book... I was so sad to see David gone... Laci is a true Proverbs 31 woman
  • Precedent (Covenant of Trust, #3)
  • Lady Elect
  • Pound Foolish
  • Crashing Into Christmas - Where Family Traditions, Holiday Joy, and Seasonal Scandals Collide
  • Dutch and Gina: The Sins of The Father  (The President's Girlfriend, #6)
  • Secret
  • The Chronicles of Young Dmitry Medlov (The Chronicles of Young Dmitry Medlov, #1)
  • Long Time Coming
  • A Kiss In the Rain
  • Hatteras Girl (Heart of Carolina #3)
  • This Scarlet Cord: The Love Story of Rahab
  • Downfall (Intervention, #3)
  • Holding Out For a Hero
  • A Dream Unfolding (Prescott Pioneers, #1)
  • Breathing on Her Own
  • Fatherless
  • Bluesday
  • Living Like Lions: 20 Influential Christian Men Past and Present

Chop, Chop (10 books)
  • Chop, Chop (Chop, Chop, #1)
  • Day-Day (Chop, Chop, #2)
  • Pon-Pon (Chop, Chop, #3)
  • The Other Brother (Chop, Chop, #4)
  • The Other Mothers (Chop, Chop, #5)
  • Not Quickly Broken (Chop, Chop, #7)
  • Alone (Chop, Chop, #8)
  • What I Want
  • Remind Me (Chop Chop, #10)

“Attitude is everything.” 0 likes