Start by marking “Gone (Chop, Chop, #6)” as Want to Read:
Gone (Chop, Chop, #6)

Gone (Chop, Chop #6)

4.63 of 5 stars 4.63  ·  rating details  ·  327 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Book Six in the CHOP, CHOP series takes place more than twenty years after David and Laci decide to move back to Mexico. A lot has happened during those years, but readers only catch glimpses of them now. The events that unfold during the elapsed time between THE OTHER MOTHERS and GONE will be revealed later in Book 8 - ALONE . . . GONE is about the here and now. It's a bo ...more
Published December 11th 2011 by Rivulet Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Gone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gone

Loretta
I think it's fair to say that L. N. Cronk is not afraid of difficult subjects. She makes us love her characters. And in this heartbreaking book she makes us say goodbye. But she deals with pain with a deft hand, so that there is light in the dark, I'm 72% of the way through this book, so I don't know how it's going to end. Only that it IS going to end. The characters are so human, so real.

Ok, I've finished. And this one cracked me. This one brought tears to my eyes. Heartbreaking, and hauntingl
Janet
I finished this book yesterday while traveling, the good news was it made the travel go by much faster, the bad news was I was crying so much people had to wonder what was up.

This is the last book told by David in LN Cronk's Chop Chop series.
The good news is she is writing 2 more from other people's point of view.

I LOVED this book, now agreed there was lots of questions that went unanswered - like when did they go from 2 (3) children to 6. Did they ever reconnect with Amber?

I was taken aback w
LILLIAN C. KNOCKE
Two more to go

like I've said, I'm hooked..will continue to read what's the answers to lots of questions. I have enjoyed the chop-chop series
Julie Smith
I still love this series, but as with anyone that you fall in love with and they pass on a part of your heart has gone with them. I couldn't imagine what David was going through or the ones around him, but it is the trust you have with God that will get you threw anything. On to book 7.
Elaine
I cried the entire way thru this book. It was really well written and as you can tell I am so connected with the characters. Enjoy! Another great read!
Janet

This is the last book told by David in LN Cronk's Chop Chop series.
The good news is she is writing 2 more from other people's point of view.

I was taken aback w
becca
Five stars to the whole series (well, at least the first 6 so far...). As a hopeless romantic, I loved reading about these main characters starting out as children and growing into grandparents and all the people in their lives. Everything they dealt with was realistic. Death, God, growing pains, forgiveness, murder, marriages, sacrifice, miscarriages, justice, reunion, sickness, ultimate true love, children, friendship, and again death. Everything circled back around and feels complete after fi ...more
S
This book tackled the hard fought battles a family faces when one of its members has Alzheimer’s. It shows the heartbreak, joy and pain of dealing with someone with this disease. The book is definitely emotional, yet wraps up Laci and David’s story. It is different than the previous books, but was perfect for where it is in the series. Good job on the series and I definitely plan on finishing the series.
July
Karley
I finished this book just now and I cannot wait till I can afford to get the next book! It helps you get through some tough times yourself as well as feel as though you are right there with Dave , Laci and Tanner. I was worried about how this book would end because you know what is going to happen and you think the worst will happen but the author has made the end perfect! I love all of the books so far and recommend them to all.
Heather Gourley
I could not put this book down. I love the series because of how it reminds us that God does provide and He has plans for us, even when they do not seem to fit into our own. Very touching
Lisa  Marie
I hate to give this one a 3, but I didn't love it like the others. I suppose it's life and I do appreciate that the stories are one's that people can relate to, but this one is pretty depressing! I hated to read what was happening, even though it was still good. I am assuming the other 2 books mentioned aren't out yet as I can't find them anywhere! I can't wait to read more and hope it happens!
Rushbug23
This book was good but upset me lil because it jumped 20 years into the future and only gave a glimpse of what had happened during that time span. i was mad cus i was like "whaaa they got amber back and had more kids, how the hell she go skip all of that and jump to the end" i was ready to go off half cocked until the end note!!! Thx LN for the inevitable surprise once again you never fail to twist.
Andrea Stoeckel
Greensmith
Not just for teenagers! This one takes the characters right up to my age group. Some of the struggles are MORE than relevate to my life and the lives of my family and friends. Can not recommend this series enough! Will be hard to wait for next two books. God is working in this authors life in such a strong and powerful way. May God bless you LN Cronk.
MariaFe
I liked this book better than the last one, it felt like being back to square one only that we already knew the characters and their attitudes about life were already built. If there's a book to talk about love no matter what the circumstances are, this is it. Perfect way to "end up" the series, though I'm anxiously waiting for the next two books.
Sheila Siler
Gone but not really

What can I possibly say here? The most moving of them all. The conclusion (sort of) of this series impacted me in many ways. Having become invested in the lives of David and Laci - their life of love and commitment are inspiring. A beautiful love story.
Allison Mortimer
Amazing series! I will never forget it! The best! Could read it over and over agian! Great for Christians like me. Everyone should read it! SUPER FUNNY SERIES! This boo in particular is a little sad, but super good.
Amanda
I really enjoyed this book, as I have all the books in this series. Lots of questions were answered. I did spend most of the book in tears, so if that's a turn off for you, you've been warned.
Amazing--this book was both heart-wrenching and uplifting at the same time. I do wish they'd fix the typos on kindle, though. I love that the story doesn't end here, either.
Lisa
This series were so good. I could not put these books down. Very good story line and made you want to keep reading all 7 books. I cannot wait for book 8 to be released.
Brenda
L. N. Cronk has made me fall in love with each and every character in this series. Every book has portrayed a christian message that touches the heart.
Lanae
I wish I could give half stars, because I'd give this one 4.5. Never read a series quite like it before. Get ready for a whirlwind of emotion!
Lisa
I loved this look at alzheimers from the patients point of view. Heartbreaking at times, it was another great book in a great series.
Jenny Johnson
I have no words. I cried.
Such a beautiful love story.
Such a beautiful friendship story.
Denitra Franklin morris
great book... I was so sad to see David gone... Laci is a true Proverbs 31 woman
Tammy Derouen
Great book but sad ending. I can't wait to read the next book!
Joan
How many ways can I say I love these books!
  • Contingency (Covenant of Trust #1)
  • Lady Elect
  • Dutch and Gina: The Sins of The Father
  • Crashing Into Christmas - Where Family Traditions, Holiday Joy, and Seasonal Scandals Collide
  • Secret
  • Long Time Coming
  • Grounded
  • A Stranger on My Land
  • All for a Song
  • Downfall (Intervention, #3)
  • Breathing on Her Own
  • A Kiss In the Rain
  • Web of Deceit
  • Hatteras Girl (Heart of Carolina #3)
  • A Dream Unfolding (Prescott Pioneers, #1)
  • This Scarlet Cord: The Love Story of Rahab
  • A Time to Speak (Mama B #1)
  • Fatherless

Chop, Chop (10 books)
  • Chop, Chop (Chop, Chop, #1)
  • Day-Day (Chop, Chop, #2)
  • Pon-Pon (Chop, Chop, #3)
  • The Other Brother (Chop, Chop, #4)
  • The Other Mothers (Chop, Chop, #5)
  • Not Quickly Broken (Chop, Chop, #7)
  • Alone (Chop, Chop, #8)
  • What I Want
  • Remind Me (Chop Chop, #10)
Chop, Chop (Chop, Chop, #1) Day-Day (Chop, Chop, #2) Pon-Pon (Chop, Chop, #3) The Other Brother (Chop, Chop, #4) The Other Mothers (Chop, Chop, #5)