Start by marking “Justice Society of America, Vol. 9: Monument Point” as Want to Read:
Justice Society of America, Vol. 9: Monument Point

Justice Society of America, Vol. 9: Monument Point (Justice Society of America (vol. 3) #9; issues 50-ish to TBD)

2.75 of 5 stars 2.75  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The Justice Society of America find themselves dealing with issue personal and political after rebuilding Monument Point. As Jay Garrick begins his time as mayor of the city, the other members of the JSA try to settle into their new home and Mr. Terrific attempts to deal with his gradual loss of intelligence
Published February 21st 2012 by DC Comics (first published February 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Justice Society of America, Vol. 9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justice Society of America, Vol. 9

John Yelverton
The last gasp of this great book series ends in disappointment.
Tessa
My initial assessment is that the JSA is more fun than the JLA. I think their camaraderie is better. I reserve the right to take this statement back at any point in time. Rendering it nearly meaningless as a statement.
Anthony
Poor Marc Guggenheim. It's clear he had a much longer game-plan for his run on the monthly Justice Society of America title, and that those plans were scuttled by DC's decision to "restart" their entire universe with the Flashpoint event. I have to wonder when exactly in the planning/writing stages of Guggenheim's run he was informed the title would be ending with #54, and if earlier knowledge of that fact would have changed the amount of ground-laying he did in the previous storyline ("Supertow ...more
Chris Lemmerman
I was initially collecting the JSA title in single issues, and after reading Marc Guggenheim's first issue on the title, I dropped it like a rock. His first issue resulted in the death of one character, and the paralyzation of another, and the drastic changes were not to my liking. However, when I read the first collection of his run on the title, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would have.

The same is true for this second and last collection. There are some very good ideas here, and Guggenhei
Cale
I read this in individual issues, but I picked up the trade to see if it helped the story any. It didn't. The big issue is that large chunks of the story aren't here - There's a whole subplot with Mister Terrific losing his intelligence that is completely jettisoned - near the end he reappears with all his abilities back, and no explanation for how they returned. People just say 'oh, he's back to normal' and go on with it. That's not good storytelling. Neither is the telling at the end - one of ...more
Mark
A weak ending - both to the storyline and to the series.

Overall, there are moments of great writing & brilliance in the JSA stories... but each writer seems to sputter out at some point. There is no great arc/storyline to this team.
Shannon Appelcline
The fifteeth issue is a nice retrospective on the JSA and a return of one of its oldest foes (though it was a bit annoying to see the HUAC scene so revised from its classic finale). The secrets beneath Monument Point were quiet wonderfully done until the final issue which anticlimaxed the whole plot because it was so rushed. But that was a general problem of DC’s disrespect for its readers at the time, and there’s probably not a lot GUggenheim could have done
David
What a strange JSA series this has been. They've been adding new character heroes right and left with no explaination, right up until the very end. Too many new heroes for my tastes. Also, the abrupt ending with the death of a major character felt very rushed and a bit disrespectful to the fans. But on the whole it's a good read. I'm a big fan of the JSA and have been following them since the 60's.
Andrew Uys
A rather anti-climatic end to such an incredible series, the title never really recovered from Geoff Johns departure (Green Lantern fans feeling nervous these days?). I enjoyed the large cast of diverse (and often B- & C-list) heroes, but wouldn't recommend this JSA volume unless you're a completionist like me.
Joseph Rice
This would have received two stars if not for the art of Tom Derenick, which is just great. Overall, very rushed and too many plot lines not tied up. Poor characterizations, and missing warmth and personality.
Marcus
Started off great unraveling to one of the weakest finishes I've ever seen, especially the resolution of Mr. Terrific's issue. So dumb.
Ola
OK not overwhelming...sad ending.
Jacob
Public library copy.
Charlotte Johnson
Charlotte Johnson marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Chad
Chad added it
Jun 25, 2014
india_ink
india_ink marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Alana
Alana marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Marty Williams
Marty Williams marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Jake
Jake marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Justice Society of America (vol. 3) (9 books)
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 1: The Next Age
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 2: Thy Kingdom Come, Vol. 1
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 3: Thy Kingdom Come, Vol. 2
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 4: Thy Kingdom Come, Vol. 3
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 5: Black Adam and Isis
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 6: The Bad Seed
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 7: Axis of Evil
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 8: Super Town
Stephen King's N. Civil War: Wolverine Spider-Man: Election Day The Amazing Spider-Man: Kraven's First Hunt Arrow Vol. 1