The Financially Intelligent Parent: 8 Steps To Raising Successful, Generous, Responsible Children

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The essential guide to raising financially responsible children.

What parents say and do about money has a profound influence on children. Here are the eight behaviors of financially intelligent parents that will help families of all economic backgrounds raise fiscally responsible children.
Published June 7th 2005 by NAL Trade

To ask other readers questions about The Financially Intelligent Parent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Financially Intelligent Parent

Alexa
Dec 14, 2012 Alexa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: money
I have read a lot of parenting books about money this year and this is probably my favorite and the only one I've read from cover to cover. The anecdotes don't seem forced, the questions and advice they offer are along the lines of most other books but they are very flexible. Many tips are also useful for couples without children, or really anyone in thinking about how to responsibly handle your money without going to extremes.
Ange
I really enjoyed this book. The first couple of chapters were slow but then they picked up pace as they dove into more of the how-to details. I enjoyed the discussions on charity and service and allowances. I appreciate the subject and plan to re-read this again in a couple of years.
Joe Brunory
for me, an introduction to financial thoughts in a way that I hadn't seen before in words. Very approachable, with actual applications to allowance, first jobs, and overall instruction for healthy relationships with our financial lives.
Tommi
Really great read. An eye opener. Being good with your money doesn't guarantee your children will be good with theirs and being financially responsible affects more than just your finances. I'd recomennd it to anyone with kids.
Kelly
Kelly added it
Apr 19, 2014
Voseni
Voseni marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
Thomas Booth
Thomas Booth marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
Dessie
Dessie marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Heidi Valdez
Heidi Valdez marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Kate Chamuris
Kate Chamuris marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2013
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
E Law
E Law marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2013
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2012
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2012
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2012
Silver Spoon Kids: How Successful Parents Raise Responsible Children Los Ninos y El Dinero