Start by marking “The Financially Intelligent Parent: 8 Steps To Raising Successful, Generous, Responsible Children” as Want to Read:

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The essential guide to raising financially responsible children.

What parents say and do about money has a profound influence on children. Here are the eight behaviors of financially intelligent parents that will help families of all economic backgrounds raise fiscally responsible children.
Published June 7th 2005 by NAL Trade

To ask other readers questions about The Financially Intelligent Parent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Financially Intelligent Parent

Alexa
Dec 14, 2012 Alexa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: money
I have read a lot of parenting books about money this year and this is probably my favorite and the only one I've read from cover to cover. The anecdotes don't seem forced, the questions and advice they offer are along the lines of most other books but they are very flexible. Many tips are also useful for couples without children, or really anyone in thinking about how to responsibly handle your money without going to extremes.
Ange
I really enjoyed this book. The first couple of chapters were slow but then they picked up pace as they dove into more of the how-to details. I enjoyed the discussions on charity and service and allowances. I appreciate the subject and plan to re-read this again in a couple of years.
Joe Brunory
for me, an introduction to financial thoughts in a way that I hadn't seen before in words. Very approachable, with actual applications to allowance, first jobs, and overall instruction for healthy relationships with our financial lives.
Tommi
Really great read. An eye opener. Being good with your money doesn't guarantee your children will be good with theirs and being financially responsible affects more than just your finances. I'd recomennd it to anyone with kids.
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jun 09, 2015
Mande
Mande added it
May 13, 2015
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Emily Grandstaff-Rice
Emily Grandstaff-Rice marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Kelly
Kelly added it
Apr 19, 2014
Voseni
Voseni is currently reading it
Aug 20, 2015
Thomas Booth
Thomas Booth marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
Dessie
Dessie marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Heidi Valdez
Heidi Valdez marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Kate Chamuris
Kate Chamuris marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2013
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2013
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2012
Silver Spoon Kids: How Successful Parents Raise Responsible Children Los Ninos y El Dinero