Start by marking “Fünf (Beatrice Kaspary, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fünf (Beatrice Kaspary, #1)

Fünf (Beatrice Kaspary #1)

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  2,115 Ratings  ·  378 Reviews
EVERY CORPSE IS A CLUE

N47 46.605 E013 21.718. A dismembered hand
N47 48.022 E013 10.910 Two severed ears
N47 26.195 E013 12.523 A mutilated corpse

A woman is found murdered. Tattooed on her feet is a strange combination of numbers and letters.

Map co-ordinates. The start of a sinister treasure hunt by a twisted killer.

Detective Beatrice Kaspary must risk all she has to uncover
Gebunden, 384 pages
Published February 16th 2012 by Wunderlich (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fünf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fünf

Diane S ☔
Dec 14, 2014 Diane S ☔ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One would think after all the mystery books I have read that I could figure out the who before the big reveal, but apparently not. Which goes to the author's credit especially since this is her first mystery and it is a good one.

A puzzle within a puzzle, clues found by geocacheing, which in the states we call letter boxing. It is a lot of fun, two good friends and mine did this for a couple of years and it was a blast. One follows clues posted on a website and you look for the hidden box. In geo
Pat
Dec 18, 2015 Pat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, kindle

This was an excellent read. Detectives Beatrice Kaspery and Florin Wenninger receive a case in which a woman is found dead in a cow pasture with map coordinates tattooed on the heels of her feet. So begins a chase for a serial killer whose victims are found through geocaching - GPS coordinates given to 'hunters' to find a treasure. As the killer continues to give the police their clues, it seems they are always behind in finding him.

Excellent writing in this novel and I did not figure
Nancy Oakes
it's pretty far away from what I'm reading these days, but it is what it is; and I seriously needed a reading break.

The discovery of a woman's body at the bottom of a rock face turns into a bizarre case involving geocaching, one that keeps the detectives of the Salzburg State Office of Criminal Investigation on the move while trying to decipher strange clues at different gps locations. The dead woman provides the first clue; she has what turns out to be gps coordinates tattooed on the bottoms o
L.A. Starks
Mar 05, 2015 L.A. Starks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fine translation of a well-plotted mystery set in Salzburg, Austria. Archer does a particularly good job of explaining and tying up the story at the end. The climax will leave readers with more sympathy for the antagonist than might be expected.
Joy
Mar 09, 2015 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Creepy!! What a suspensful thriller! I will never look at Geocashing the same again! Rated this a 4.5!
Literameer
Mar 27, 2012 Literameer rated it it was ok
Shelves: krimi-thriller
„Fünf“ war mein erstes Buch, welches ich von Ursula Poznanski gelesen habe. Auf Grund der vielen positiven und begeisterten Rezensionen, welche ich sowohl zu ihren beiden vorherigen Werken als auch zu „Fünf“ gelesen habe, war ich schon sehr gespannt auf dieses Buch. Doch ich kann mich den überschwänglichen Lobgesängen leider nicht anschließen.

Das Thema Geocaching war für mich ganz neu und gleich zu Beginn erhält man von der Autorin eine interessante Einführung in das Thema. Sie erklärt verständl
Elaine
Mar 05, 2015 Elaine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“A series of co-ordinates tattooed on the feet of a murder victim lead the police to a box containing body parts - and a note from the killer with a series of cryptic clues to the identity of the next victim. A nail-biting, page-turning thriller that will send shivers down your spine”

An Austrian crime thriller set around the activity of geocaching – two things I had not come across before, so I was a little bit out of my comfort zone but in the end I thoroughly enjoyed this read. It was a little
Hillary Pincus
Mar 05, 2015 Hillary Pincus rated it really liked it
Shelves: bom-2015
A good mystery! I thought I had figured it out mid-way through this read, but I was wrong! Some good twists and turns.
Aleshanee
Jul 15, 2015 Aleshanee rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
Von der Autorin habe ich bisher nur "Saeculum" gelesen, was mir als spannendes Jugendabenteuer schon sehr gut gefallen hat. Bei "Fünf" hat mich vor allem auch der Thriller Aspekt angesprochen und auch wenn es mich eher an einen Krimi erinnert, war die Spannung zwischendurch doch immer wieder präsent.

Der Prolog hat mich schon sehr neugierig gemacht und ich hatte schon einige Ideen im Kopf, um was es gehen könnte, natürlich ohne zu wissen, was tatsächlich dahinter steckt.

Die Ermittler sind hier da
Michelle (tinyturtle88)
I liked it! The writing style was impressive, especially since it was a translation. There were frequent flashbacks that didn't disrupt the storyline or pace. It was easy to follow, yet kept up a decent pulse.

I love the topic of geocaching. A unique twist on a mystery/thriller for me. I was fascinated with this hobby that I'd never heard of. It brought a nice element of intrigue. The clues were gruesome, and much of the book reminded me of an advanced and more graphic episode of Criminal Minds.
Madlen Koch
Mar 09, 2016 Madlen Koch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ein spannender Thriller mit einer interessanten Idee. :) Das Thema Geocaching ist in diesem Buch ganz gross geschrieben und macht es (jedenfalls für mich) aussergewöhnlich.
Allerdings hätten etwas mehr Tempo, ein paar blutige Szenen und etwas tiefgreifendere Charaktere nicht geschadet. Daher gibt es einen Stern weniger.
Nichts desto trotz hat mich das Buch sehr gut mit seinen Geheimnissen unterhalten. Man hat zwar immer mal eine Ahnung, aber man kommt trotzdem nicht auf die Lösung. :D
Frau Poznansk
Michaela Mitsuko Sklenářová
Ano! Uhodla jsem zapletku! Takze bud to bylo vic nez jasne nebo mi to zacina palit... spis to prvni, ale nevadi. Cetlo se to dobre a proste mam ze sveho uspechu takovou radost, ze uz jen kvuli tomu musim dat plny pocet! :)
Tema geocachingu deji hodne svedci a je videt ze si ho autorka nastudovala. Tecku dodal jeji dovetek, kde vysvetluje, ze vsechny pouzite souradnice jsou skutecne a az na par uprav odpovidaji realite. Az me to primelo premyslet, jestli se na tuhle zabavu taky nedat. TFTB (thanks
Cindy
Jan 04, 2016 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I felt that this book was well thought out and certainly had me stumped. Ms. Archer sure writes 'crazy' well. I admit to thinking that the clues just went on a little to long and the middle portion of the book got a little bogged down for me, but it picked right back up again in the last 50-60 pages. I liked the writing style and I hope the author brings Beatrice back and turns this into a series because I'd be interested in following her story a bit longer.
Susan
Jun 04, 2015 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written, especially being a translation and good mystery. I did pretty much have the killer figured out but wasn't quite sure about the motive until close to the end.
Majanka
Sep 15, 2014 Majanka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/reviews/...

Five is an interesting crime novel combining geocaching with a mystery and murder. For those who don’t know geocaching, you enter GPS coordinates into your cell phone, and then go searching for “treasure” hidden by others. The item could’ve been there for years. Usually it’s something small, but in the case of “Five”, things are a little more gruesome. Think along the line of body parts. Yep, that gruesome.

The writing
Bookschatter
Feb 03, 2015 Bookschatter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, reviewed
What a ride!I really liked this book - fast paced from the word go!And it got me immediately intrigued by geocaching - I had never heard of this activity beforehand... but I did actually end up signing up to the website and look forward to taking part! (it sounds like a worthwhile activity whilst on holiday to discover your surroundings)... hopefully our findings will not be as gruesome as the ones Beatrice Kaspary and her partner Florin encounter in this story...All of the characters were well ...more
Stacey
Mar 05, 2015 Stacey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm surprised I've never read a murder mystery about geocaching before. What a great combination. Don't worry if you don't know anything about geocaching - Archer provides enough of a primer to make it accessible and intriguing (what did we do before we could download a GPS app on our phone?). She does a great job of teasing the story out - doling out tidbits of backstory. Bea and Florin make for as interesting a police duo as I've read in some time. Their personal lives flit about the edges of ...more
Steffi
Bisher kannte ich nur die Jugendromane "Erebos" und den ersten Teil der Trilogie "Die Verratenen" und leider konnte mich die Autorin mit den beiden Bücher nicht überzeugen. Mit ihrer Krimi-Reihe wollte ich allerdings noch eine Chance geben und bin sehr froh, dass ich dies getan habe.

Den Fall fand ich sehr interessant, insbesondere in Verbindung mit dem Geocaching, was auch in die Ermittlung eingeflossen bin. Das war für mich völlig neu und habe ich so noch in keiner Art gelesen. Das gibt schon e
Monica
Mar 05, 2015 Monica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Five' offers a new twist to the typical serial killer thrillers. GPS coordinates are found tattooed on the soles of a victims' feet. The coordinates send police on a "treasure hunt" of sorts where the killer mixes murder with geocaching, an activity where geocachers hunt for hidden objects based on GPS coordinates and clues from other geocachers. An enjoyable read (if you like dark murder mysteries) with an intriguing lead character, D.I. Beatrice Kaspary. As a geocacher myself, it was fun to ...more
Suzanne
Apr 26, 2015 Suzanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hodnocení: 3,5/5.

Pět je čtivý a svižný thriller okořeněný originálním námětem geocachingu. Škoda jen, že se autorka víc nevěnovala popisům prostředí, vyšetřovacích postupů a hlubší charakteristice vedlejších postav. Pět přesto funguje jako velmi zdařilý úvod do nové série thrillerů s Beatrice Kasparyovou a čtenářům nezbývá nic jiného, než se těšit na další díl.

Celou recenzi si můžete přečíst zde:http://www.suzannesworldofbooks.cz/cl...
Kristen
Mar 05, 2015 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a good mystery with twists and turns
I received this book in exchange for an honest review! This book grabbed my attention from the beginning and caused me a couple of sleepless nights because I didn't want to put it down. The storyline was full of twists and turns and the characters were reminiscent of people you may have met in life. I had heard of geocaching before but never knew what it was so I like how the author explained what it was through the characters having to research it. I am hoping that this debut novel ends up ...more
Kc Chapa
Apr 02, 2015 Kc Chapa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those books that made me want to skip the gym, that made me read at stoplights because it was so good. I was hooked. What really grabbed my attention was that it was about geocaching and I just started to think I might want to do that as a hobby. I didn't even predict the end. And this book had some scenarios that made me squirm...and I am pretty much squirm-proof since I used to work as an investigator for a medical examiner's office (awesome, best job I ever had). Just an ...more
Els Baert
Feb 10, 2013 Els Baert rated it really liked it
Vijf krijgt van mij **** sterren
Ook al is het gebruik van geocaching origineel, het verhaal heeft mij nooit echt vastgegrepen. Het spanningsniveau en psychologisch gehalte vond ik te gering om het boek meer punten te geven.
Tevens ben ik teveel fouten tegen gekomen en te weinig (eigenlijk zo goed als geen) mooie zinnen.
Waarom dan toch nog een 8.
Poznanski kan schrijven en het verhaal zit goed in elkaar, tevens is het onderwerp origineel.
Nivaria Ramirez
Oct 01, 2013 Nivaria Ramirez rated it liked it
Que yo sepa quién es el asesino en la página 20 del libro, solo puede significar 2 cosas: O he mejorado en esto de ser policía literaria o es que era predecible. Creo que opto por lo segundo...Aunque la trama es bastante buena, adivinar quié hace qué, es muy fácil. Al menos he conocido cosas nuevas sobre geocachers, buena suerte amigos de la naturaleza. PD: No toquéis aquello que creáis, sino aquello que sepáis.
Melindaaaa
Feb 08, 2015 Melindaaaa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Čím uděláte ze skvělé detektivky perfektní? Geocachingem! Vážně tuhle knížku ještě nemáte? Viděli jste tu obálku? Četli jste anotaci? Potřebujete ještě trochu přesvědčit? Co takhle moje recenze? :) Najdete ji zde http://books-postcards-geocaches.blog...
Katherine
Apr 25, 2016 Katherine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mrtvolky
3,5 / 5*

Máte rádi geocaching?

Ano? -> Tuhle knihu musíte přečíst.
Nee? -> Tuhle knihu musíte přečíst.

Désirée
Lynn
Mar 01, 2015 Lynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Complex and innovative plot. I'd never heard of geocaching before...so learned something interesting in the process. There's a cache less than a mile from my house.
Anne
Jul 17, 2016 Anne rated it liked it
Geht's nur mir so, oder hinkt die Auflösung des Buches? Die Rätsel des Täters und die Begründung am Ende widersprechen sich doch? Gefällt mir auf jeden Fall nicht, das Ende :'D
Doggie Book Club: September Book Discussion 16 13 Nov 01, 2016 12:00AM
  • Der Federmann
  • Abgeschnitten
  • Der Sarg
  • Final Cut
  • Todesurteil (Maarten S. Sneijder, #2)
  • Das Labyrinth erwacht (Labyrinth #1)
  • Spring Tide
  • Die Reinheit des Todes (Julius Kern, #1)
  • Das Dorf der Mörder
  • Kalte Stille
  • Alles muss versteckt sein
  • Die Katastrophe (Das Tal Season 1, #2)
  • Der Kindersammler
  • Blackout: Morgen ist es zu spät
Born on 30 October 1968 in Vienna, Ursula Poznanski (a.k.a. Ursula P. Archer), after finishing high school, she began studying Japanese studies, journalism, law and theater.

She has worked as a medical journalist since 1996.

She has been a published book author since 2003.

She lives with her family in the south of Vienna.
-------------------------------------
Geboren am 30. Oktober 1968 in Wien. Nach
More about Ursula Poznanski...

Beatrice Kaspary (3 books)
  • Blinde Vögel (Beatrice Kaspary, #2)
  • Stimmen (Beatrice Kaspary, #3)