Start by marking “Keeping Secrets: Two Books in One: Saving Zoe and Faking 19” as Want to Read:
Keeping Secrets: Two Books in One: Saving Zoe and Faking 19

Keeping Secrets: Two Books in One: Saving Zoe and Faking 19

(2-in-1 reissue of Saving Zoë & Faking 19)

We usually tell our best friends everything. Our crushes, our embarrassing stories, our secrets—but sometimes there are truths so deep and dark that we can't tell anyone. Not our parents, not our sisters...not even our best friends. Some secrets are so unspeakable that we keep them safely locked away so no one will ever discove
Published June 5th 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Keeping Secrets, please sign up.

Shannon Fay it's a book with 2 stories in it. which story?
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeThe Help by Kathryn StockettThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsGone with the Wind by Margaret MitchellPride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
All Time AWESOME BOOKS:New , Old n Upcoming
274th out of 1,361 books — 1,083 voters
Presence by Perie WolfordThe Maze Runner by James DashnerPresence by Perie WolfordThe Host by Stephenie MeyerThe Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Book Club 2013
51st out of 63 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Melissa
Aug 31, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Firstly, since it's a book with two stories in it, I will talk about the first part. So here goes...
Faking 19: I thought it was a very good story. Alyson Noel really touches on the feelings and things teens go through. I thought the romance between Alex and Connor was such a sweet thing. Even though Connor is 23 and Alex is only 17, I totally could not wait to see what happened next in their relationship. The fact that M is rich and has everything, yet is totally miserable is a testament to what
JenacideByBibliophile
Mar 15, 2016 JenacideByBibliophile rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-ya
Keeping Secrets is one of those awesome book reissues involving two stories, Faking 19 and Saving Zoë. I decided to split this review into a “Part 1/Part 2” review, just so nothing gets confusing, and because they both deserve their own attention.

Faking 19 -

Opinion: I truly had no expectations going into these two stories, except for the fact that I knew it was a Tween/YA read that would be light and fun. It proved to be just that: fun and exciting, innocent and mischievous, incredibly secreti
Rayne
Apr 10, 2013 Rayne rated it liked it
This is a 'two in one' book that, in my opinion, was written very well. I enjoyed both stories, but although I believe that they were both very good, but the second story featured in the book was the better read, I believe.

Faking 19 is the first story and although at the end l could say that I enjoyed the story, there were times when I contemplated not reading the end of it.

Saving Zoe is an emotional story that honestly touched my heart. Again at the start is was for lack of a better term 'bor
Juhina
Jun 11, 2012 Juhina rated it liked it
Saving Zoë was an emotional story about a girl, Echo, that loses her older sister, Zoë, through a murder a year before. To say that this rattled and shook their world would be an understatement. Echo's parents are as tense as they can be and constantly fight, Echo herself has started feeling distant towards her friends and everything around her, and the need to know more overpowered her when Zoë's boyfriend gives Echo Zoë's diary. Marc had it with him and felt that Echo should get to know the ...more
Deanna
Sep 18, 2012 Deanna marked it as abandoned
I think I was about 30 pages away from finishing Faking 19 when I stopped reading. I REALLY DID NOT like this book. I would read like five pages and then throw it down with a huff of displeasure. The whole pretending-to-be-a-certain-age-when-you're-not thing has always been a great annoyance to me so that just exacerbated my problem with the book. The other thing that turned me from the book was all the mature material. I know this is not considered a book of mature content according to whoever ...more
Ivonne
Dec 17, 2012 Ivonne rated it it was amazing
keeping secrets:
this book has two in one, the first story is about two best friends that go throe a lot in their high school life. Drama, parties,and a lot of secrets, this girl's know each other but it doesn't stop them from keeping secrets from each other. This book show's us that everyone keeps secrets but there some secrets that people share and others are to keep for yourself. My opinion of this book is that it's a really good book i kinda can relate to this girl because some of her secret
Brianne Durrant
Dec 21, 2012 Brianne Durrant rated it did not like it
I didn't really like this book because I didn't like how the plot was written out. It was too confusing. "Keeping Secrets" is two books in one.
The first book, "Faking Nineteen" is about this girl named Alex who has given up on herself and her grades, because she sees no point in going to college since she can't afford to pay for one. She feels really insecure, and the people who were her friends dragged her down.
I would recommend this book to Freshman and up because the word choice is a little c
Huong
Jul 15, 2012 Huong rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Shelving this book as a "Did-Not-Finish." I got this book a month+ ago and started reading it last night (without any memory of what it was about at all, except it was likely a YA from the cover). Got through 10 chapters before I finally had enough and looked it up on GoodReads to see what exactly this book is about, because for the life of me, I couldn't quite figure it out. There was absolutely no depth to the main character. It was like a badly written version of Clueless' Cher.

So after readi
Alejandra
Jan 17, 2015 Alejandra rated it it was amazing
Tracey
Feb 16, 2015 Tracey rated it did not like it
Would not recommend this book for anyone over the age of 15. 2 stories in one book and both were really boring. I didn't even finish Saving Zoe because I couldn't handle how there was no "action" in the book.
Adrienne
Nov 23, 2014 Adrienne rated it it was ok
second book was only reason I gave this even a 2 star rating.
Hayley
Jan 17, 2014 Hayley rated it really liked it
Halkovic's-Classroom
Jan 23, 2013 Halkovic's-Classroom rated it it was amazing
Keeping Secrets
Alyson Noel
Fiction

Some secrets you can tell your best friend and some you can’t even tell them. In the book keeping secrets you learn about some secrets that this girl Alex goes through. Such as parents divorce, school drama and more you take a trip into her life and notice how she sees her way of life and how things aren’t always what they turn out to be.
The book keeping secrets is a drama based novel where you won’t want to stop reading it once you pick it up. This drama base
Michelle Arrow
Dec 07, 2013 Michelle Arrow rated it liked it
So I decided to give Alyson Noël another chance with her chick-lit books, and I found it to be... interesting. I decided that I'm going to review both novels separately, since there's two novels in one volume, and then do a mash-up thing.

Saving Zoë:

This was the second book in the volume, and it ended up being my favourite, I'd probably give it a 4/5 star rating. I've never dealt with a murder/chick-lit book at the same time, so this definitely was a first, and I enjoyed it.

So we have Echo and
Crystal
Dec 10, 2012 Crystal rated it liked it
Faking 19: This novel is a must read is a perfect contribution to an YA Lit bookshelf you may be compiling for older students. The characters jump off the page and take the reader to an instance when they experienced teenage angst. The plot is straightforward so that it lends itself easily to the reader's imagination. The reader can almost step into the book themselves. A funny, simple, and relateable tale of teenage angst and making it to adulthood.

Saving Zoe: As the second of two books in this
Nadine
Nov 30, 2015 Nadine rated it it was ok
Faking 19 was a book I thought I was going to enjoy, but really I didn't like it that much. It was okay. Three stars at the most. Saving Zoe was a book I enjoyed a lot more. The diary was a nice touch to view the life of a dead teenager with tons of secrets. I enjoyed the ending, but parts of the book were boring. I would rate saving Zoe about four stars. Overall I would rate all of keeping secrets three stars. I mean, the back of the book seemed like the secrets being reviled were going to be ...more
Lydia Jones
Jan 12, 2013 Lydia Jones rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Book 1: faking 19

I didn't really enjoy this book, it didn't seem intriguing from the start which I was disappointed with. Usually I love Alyson Noel's novels but Faking 19 seemed like child's play, Alex's and M's pathetic game of wanting to be older and in the Hollywood glamorous scene was immature. The concept of faking their 16 year old selfs to seem 19 was a childish act and was obvious it would never get them far.

Saving Zoe: book 2

Th setting of Saving Zoe was different from the start, it wa
April
Jul 01, 2014 April rated it it was amazing
LOVE IT!!!!!!
Okay so I just finished this series last night and I absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!!!! The story lines, plot lines, characters, character developments!1 I LOVED Everything about these books in this bind-up! It's absolutely amazing! I mean I am being totally biased because Alyson Noel is probably my favourite author EVER (Up there with Stephanie Meyer, Becca Fitzpatrick and Richelle Mead- she is at the top of the list) I just loved these books and if you haven't read them yet, wel
Darcy
Jul 06, 2012 Darcy rated it did not like it
I tried both of these stories, but neither one hit a chord with me.

In the first, Faking 19, I found Alex to be apathetic and not very interesting. It drove me nuts that she refereed to her friend by only her initial, and the way that she would just zone out and set herself in some I need a daddy fantasy.

The second one, Saving Zoe, wasn't much better. I can see why Echo is a shade of herself, but it drives me nuts that she just lets herself exists in that state. That she can see her friends slipp
Madison Tyler
Dec 08, 2013 Madison Tyler rated it liked it
Shelves: have
I didn't like Faking 19 at all. It was pointless and stereotypical. The writing wasn't very good. All the "and's" drove me crazy. In my opinion, this book would've been much better had it only contained Saving Zoë.

Saving Zoë, I was pleased with. It had a message, kept me turning the page, and awesome characters. I like how it didn't come out and say what happened. You get to put the clues together yourself.

The cover is beautiful. I love it. However, doesn't make sense to me considering the main
J Katryne Clare Bacena
There are two stories on this book. The first one, well IT WAS BORING and you don't know where the story is heading. I mean Seriously? Based on the title, I kept predicting what could be the reason behind the title... When a situation lead to the title, it's frustrating how the author just instantly dropped off the scene and continue on as if it doesn't matter. Reading through it, it was just one of the typical stories you'll read. I even infact loved the part where Alex writes about her ...more
Renata
Apr 26, 2016 Renata rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read for the first time in March 2013

The first story, Faking 19, I thought was kind of pointless. The plot didn’t really go anywhere, and you never really understand what was so shocking about the girl’s life that messed her up so much in the first place.

Saving Zoë, though, I really liked, and that is why I will be keeping this book with me. Echo was kind of annoying, I wished she could’ve become her own person, but, oh well... and throughout the book you just wish Zoë were alive and happy wit
Lorena
May 09, 2013 Lorena rated it it was amazing
Not often does a book come along that makes you really stop and think about the reality of some situations, like losing a sister.

These two stories were emotional rollar coasters.. so very worth the read.

Faking 19 - The Richard Branson obsession was creepy.

Saving Zoe - I just.. I am not sure what to say about this. It was my favorite of the two. It made me stop for a moment and consider how I'd feel if one of my sisters was murdered.
Danielle
Jul 04, 2013 Danielle rated it liked it
The first part of this book, "Faking 19" was honestly pretty boring to me. There was no big wow or turning point in the story. Although I was glad that Alex got it together at the end, it took too long for her to get there.

On the other hand, I really did enjoy "Saving Zoe". It's a story about a girl, Echo, learning about her sister, Zoe, was was murdered the year before by using Zoe's journal. The journal entries really added something to the book.
Aleshia Raynor
Nov 12, 2014 Aleshia Raynor rated it liked it
This book is about a girl that has a unforgettable secret, one that she cannot handle herself,but who could she tell? if she told her family what would they say, think or do? and a bestfriend? can she really be able to trust? Alex is faced with many questions she can`t answer, she doesn`t know how to. when they start to learn more it isn`t just about the secret anymore it`s about what will happen when they do find out and who will still love them when the truth is told... ...more
Maureen(with an unquenchable thirst for books)
I didn't really like this book because it was your typical teen world where everything teens care about is sex, crushes, boyfriends and all other stupid and irrelevant stuff like that. the second book was a little bit better than the first because it was mysterious and i couldn't waot to finish Zoe's diary. anyway, i think three stars is a pretty generous rating for a book like that
Daniella
Jan 08, 2013 Daniella rated it it was ok
I could only get to about page 30 of faking 19 it wasn't one of those stories I was so interested to see what happened next in my opinion it was boring. So I skipped to saving Zoe I'm in the beginning of it and I'm liking it but overall the book wasn't very exciting not my favorite choice of a book.
Macy Dofash
Feb 18, 2015 Macy Dofash rated it it was ok
This book wasn't as good as i was hoping it would be. :( It consisted of two stories; Faking 19 and Saving Zoe. Faking 19 was probably my favorite of the two just because Saving Zoe was so depressing. Nothing too exciting happened in either story. This book was just boring. It was a disappointment, because the description on the back sounded pretty good. *sigh*
Emily Rubasch
Nov 01, 2013 Emily Rubasch rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was very well written and I could really imagine the story coming alive along with the characters. It was humorous at times and upsetting as others, which made me stay at the edge of my seat. I would definitely recommend this book to any teenagers who are looking for something new to read because of the stories it tells and how it might relate to certain people.
C H A N T I I E :P
Nov 22, 2012 C H A N T I I E :P rated it liked it
Recommends it for: those with lots of patience, those who would finish the book no matter what
Recommended to C H A N T I I E by: A friend
I give this a 3.5 Rating.

I mean, its not THAT bad. Its just really crazy, the plot and how the character thinks and I don't find it that interesting. I dont remember how many times I wanted to put the book down and not continue but I didnt, so its not really THAT bad. But if you arent a fan of characters full of despair then I dont recommend this book for you.
  • Anonymous
  • Messy and Shattered (Abduct, #1)
  •  A Long Way from You
  • Human
  • I Kissed A Playboy
  • Zoe Letting Go
  • Be Here Now
  • Reaper (Lightbringer, #2)
  • Awake
  • Bound to You
  • The Principles of Love (The Principles of Love, #1)
  • Goodbye Lemon
  • It's Not Like I Planned It This Way (Alice, #16-18)
  • Knight or Knave
  • Unveil (Prowl Trilogy, #3)
  • All the Broken Pieces
  • All These Lives
  • Devine Intervention
200317
*Note to readers: I'm slowly trying to add to the long list of books I have read, books I am reading, books I want to read, and books I loved reading. I only add books I loved, hence all my ratings are 5 stars!

Alyson Noël is the #1 New York Times best selling, award-winning, author of 23 novels, including: FAKING 19, ART GEEKS AND PROM QUEENS, LAGUNA COVE, FLY ME TO THE MOON, KISS & BLOG, SAVI
More about Alyson Noel...