Start by marking “The Nearly-Weds ( Pernikahan yang Tertunda)” as Want to Read:
The Nearly-Weds ( Pernikahan yang Tertunda)

The Nearly-Weds ( Pernikahan yang Tertunda)

3.86  ·  Rating Details ·  4,791 Ratings  ·  216 Reviews
Zoe Moore dicampakkan oleh pacarnya, Jason, pada hari pernikahannya. Karena tidak tahan menghadapi tatapan dan rasa kasihan keluarga dan teman-temannya, Zoe akhirnya memutuskan untuk pergi menyeberangi lautan menuju ke Amerika.

Ryan Miller, seorang vice president di kantornya sekaligus duda beranak dua yang pemarah, sinis, dan cuek, namun luar bisa seksi, mempekerjakan Zoe
Published 2012 by Dastan Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Nearly-Weds, please sign up.

Ria San Jose How about a movie for this? It's one awesome read!

Irena
Apr 23, 2016 Irena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had some fun time reading this book.

The story takes place in Boston where our main character Zoe goes as an English Babysit.

If you didn't know, this book is a winner of Romantic Novelists' Association Romantic Comedy Award.
That being said, I don't think I have to tell you it is full of funny situations and toughts.

Zoe was a great narrator and I think it would be awesome if there was movie based on this book.
Who knows, maybe one day we'll have a chance to see it.

Full review to come later, when
Zoe
Jan 06, 2013 Zoe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This romantic read was extremely hard to put down. The plot flowed nicely from moment to moment that I managed to finish it easily within a day due to it's short chapters which just had me thinking 'okay, just one more' constantly.

I love the flirty, cheesy but romantic way Jane has wrote all the books of hers I have read so far and the embarrasing moments which brings the story back to reality instead of it being some sort of fairytale. I adored all the characters and how they were portrayed as
Tonkica
Simpa prica s ok likovima.. Za plazu i mozak na pasu! :)
Natalea
Jul 18, 2014 Natalea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The worst Costello book I read and one of the worst chick lit books To boot. It was so over the top impossibly improbably annoying I just coundnt believe my eyes. The Ryan character does not make one sense- some kind of schizophrenic dude with split personality disorder, Zoe is so angelic it made me nauseous, the kids are annoyingly perfect and adult sounding and don't even get me started on Zoe's mum who is just ridiculous hippie-gangsta-overprotective (weirdest combination ever).

No more chick
Andreea Ilie
Deci, cum am prins puţin timp liber, am şi pus mâna pe o carte care se afla de mult timp pe lista mea, datorită unor prietene dragi, ce m-au făcut foarte curioasă în legătură cu ea: "Aproape căsătoriţi" de Jane Costello.

Lectura acestei cărţi a fost o adevărată plăcere de la primul cuvânt până la ultimul. Am râs atât de mult în ultimele două zile, cât să-mi ajungă până la sfârşitul anului. Glumesc! Niciodată nu m-aş sătura de această activitate.

Pur şi simplu, această carte a avut acel ceva, care
Lainy
Mar 16, 2012 Lainy rated it really liked it
Time taken to read - 1 day

Blurb From Amazon

What's the worst thing that could happen to a blushing bride? To somebody warm, loving, and fun - like Zoe Moore? When she finds herself jilted at the altar by her fiance Jason, Zoe knows she doesn't deserve this heartache and humiliation. Unable to face the pitying faces of her friends and family, Zoe takes drastic action: she flees to America. Specifically, to Boston, where she takes up a post as nanny to five-year-old Ruby Miller and her little broth
Mary
A fun and charming read.

I found Zoe character is too good too be true, it's nearly unreal for someone to be that kind-heart, incredibly patient and wise. Working as a governess for a family with no mother and careless father, she's amazing with the kids. Although the writer de-graced her by her clumsiness and wicked wardrobe, I can't help to love her for her warm heart and beautiful soul.

While Ryan Miller, the bittersoul widower is a man-whore who for his griefing and losing soul had slept with
Goge
Oct 31, 2012 Goge rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read a few Costello's books and this one is the best one by far. I am a fan of Brit humor and the book did not disappoint. It's a story about English woman who got stud up at the wedding so, to put some distance between them, she takes a babysitting job in US. The problem arise the moment she comes out of the plane-the agency changed the family she was suppose to go to. Of course, her new family is a bit different. The kids are great but the dad...hot stuff all the way. Widower and angry, fool ...more
Umaiya ⚡A Far Off Memory⚡

Finishing this, I feel like I've conquered the whole world cause Holy Hell was this long!

Okay, it wasn't.
Not really.
For God's sake, I'm infinetly happy finishing Kristen Ashley novels and those are certifiably long!

So, this was draggy, I guess.
It was slow, kinda average and exactly like life itself.

And that put me off.
I'm not looking to read what I'm already living, you get me?
My books are what I vicariously live through, so sue me but I wanted different.
That being said, I'm not British, a nan
Nina Draganova
Mar 10, 2014 Nina Draganova rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
27-28.11.16

Още една моя любима книга и авторка.
Добре , че имам неизчерпаем запас от такива .
С удоволствие си припомням всички тях.
Noelia
Historia simpática que empieza con una novia plantada en el altar y sus peripecias y aventuras para olvidarlo. Se lee casi del tirón.
Leah
On the day of her wedding the last thing Zoe Miller expects is to be stood up, but that’s exactly what her boyfriend Jason does. Unable to cope with everyone’s sympathy and questions Zoe flees to America to be a nanny to a rich family. On arriving in New York, however, Zoe is told she will instead be heading to Boston to nanny R. Miller’s two children, Ruby and Samuel. Zoe thinks R. Miller is a woman but he turns out to be a widowed husband named Ryan. The children love Zoe immediately but Ryan ...more
Chrissie
I picked up The Nearly-Weds straight after reading another Jane Costello book, My Single Friend, because I loved that book so much. And I am surprised to say that I loved The Nearly-Weds even more! You really feel for Zoe right from the beginning of the book. She has been left at the altar by a man that she loves and wants to spend the rest of her life with. She feels as though she can’t cope with the humiliation and speculation any longer so she hops on a plane to America where she becomes a na ...more
Agi
May 20, 2011 Agi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, favourite
Another book of Jane Costello that was just a real pleasure and fun to read!
As always - the main character is just superb, a person that I'd like to be a friend with. So human and so normal, so funny and so clumsy, and all the "bad" things, there were actually so funny, happened to her, which made her so, so real. Zoe's mum has irritated me a little when she was pushing her daughter so much to the second wedding, but then she has rehabilitated herself. The children: Ruby and Samuel were drawn so
Jessica
May 01, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: novels, owned, romance
mungkin saya kurang cocok sama chicklit, tapi ga bisa menolak rom-com. menarik walopun agak kesel sama Zoe yang plin plan abisssss di sini. nyakitin Jason walopun Jason pantas mendapatkannya tapi ngga dengan cara membalas kabur dari pernikahan yg kedua kalinya.

di sisi lain, saya jatuh cinta sm karakter Ryan Miller. yang awalnya bikin keki, bener2 jerk, tapi seksi, berubah jadi baikkkkk banget setelah Zoe marah2 ke dia dan membuat dia sadar. wkwk. yahh. u know laa endingnya gimana. wkwk.

walopun a
Pamela Todd
The Nearly-weds is the second book of Jane Costello's that I have both read and fallen in love with.

After you have read one book, there is always a fear when you read another by the same author that it won't be as good. Nothing could be further from the truth in this case. While the writing style is clearly the same, with cheeky charm and a flirty feel, the characters and settings are very much part of their own world.

I adored the character of Zoe and how she adapted to her new life in the Sta
Lydia Laceby
Originally Reviewed at Novel Escapes

The Nearly-Weds was a wonderful romantic read that I thoroughly enjoyed. It was a fun take on starting over with great characters and a plot that rolled along smoothly straight through to the end. It was full of all I expect with chick lit, especially single girl lit, including laughs, romance and delightful characters.

Costello’s wit and humour, along with her carefully crafted plot, turns out another great chick lit read. I loved Zoe’s character with her dete
Sandra Bašić
Zoe se dogodio najmanje dopadljivi scenarij – ostavljena je pred oltarom i to doslovno. Što je najbolje učiniti u tom trenutku, naravno pobjeći, i to što dalje, od zaručnika koji joj nije dao nikakvo objašnjenje, od mjesta u kojem će početi ogovaranja.

Kao njegovateljici u dječjem vrtiću ponuđen joj je novi posao, ništa manje nego na drugom dijelu svijeta, u Americi, kod prezgodnog samohranog oca Ryana. I dok će Zoe vrlo brzo osvojiti srca malenih Samuela i Ruby, Ryanovo je srce zaključano od tre
Helmisade
Random library reading. Exactly the lighthearted, predictable and sweetly romantic story I wanted. A quick read since the story was fun enough to keep me turning pages. The non-stop awkward similes started to bother me towards the end, but other than that I enjoyed the writing style as well.

My only real criticism is all the stuff about Zoe's weight. Several people comment on it (or her eating) and she herself thinks about it a lot. Yet this "plot" about her weight never really goes anywhere. Th
Felita Hardigaloeh
abis baca ini, ga nyangka ceritanya kocak

kocaknya ada pada karakter zoe. aseli ceroboh. ditambah dg pekerjaan sbg baby sitter, klop lah.kecerobohan itu ga luntur saat dia dipekerjakan Ryan bwt ngasuh anak2nya. apalagi saat dia marahin Ryan, gara2 kesibukannya kerja.untungnya, Ryan tipe cowok yg nerima kecerobohan zoe, lengkapnya menertawakan sikap zoe.

di sini, menurutku, si pengarang pas bikin karakter pasangan Ryan dan Zoe. Ryan, pengusaha muda yg cool-tenang-yg selalu muram gara2 ditinggal ma
Joanne
Nov 29, 2012 Joanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dit had echt een superleuk luchtig boek kunnen zijn! Leuk verhaal, maar bijna elke zin is zo geschreven om me maar aan het lachen te krijgen, dat het juist het tegenovergestelde effect op me had. Ik stoorde me echt aan de tenenkrommend grappig bedoelde zinnen. Ik kreeg hetzelfde gevoel als bij films waar op de achterkant van het hoesje staat geschreven dat ik van de bank zou rollen van het lachen. Niet dus!! 2,5 ster, afgerond naar boven, omdat ik 2 dan te weinig vind.
Sari
Mar 15, 2012 Sari rated it liked it
Shelves: ciklit
Sejenis dengan ciklit-nya GPU, cara penceritaan mayoritas berupa narasi dari pikiran Heroine-nya, kurangnya dialog aktif antara tokoh" yang ada. Namun, ntah kenapa gw suka ma buku ini, mungkin walo banyakan narasi, tapi emosi para tokohnya dapat dirasakan, trus krn pendeknya bab" yang ada, jadi memberi kesan alur yang cepat, sehingga mempermudah untuk dicerna dan dibaca ;p. Klo nih buku bab"nya panjang, mungkin di awal gw d akan menyerah untuk membacanya. Jadi secara keseluruhan not bad lah ;)
Lizzie
May 04, 2015 Lizzie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
O carte foarte amuzanta! Am citit "Aproape căsătoriţi" intr-o zi... m-a prins de la primele rânduri fiind foarte captivantă şi foarte uşor/simplu scrisă. E numai buna de citit atunci când ai timp liber la muncă ;)).
Un scurt rezumat: "Poţi traversa un ocean ca să evadezi. Dar nu poţi să scapi de propriile tale gânduri."
Megan
I really enjoyed this.
I mean Ryan was not my biggest love, and I won't be remembering him fondly just because of how he was treating her and his children. I think I was most annoyed by how he spoke to his kids because they're his children but he redeemed himself by almost snapping out of it eventually.

I found this amusing and it was a pleasant read. Maybe a follow up?!
Nicole Theunissen
Ik vond het geen slecht boek. Maaaarrr.. de schrijfster vond ik erg overdreven in het beschrijven van dingen en daar ben ik me echt aan gaan storen. omdat ik het verhaal wel leuk vond heb ik het toch uitgelezen ! Ben benieuwd wat andere ervan vonden..
Bruna Oliveira
Aug 18, 2016 Bruna Oliveira rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, 2016
Quando paro pra pensar, não vejo nenhum grande defeito no livro. Foi uma leitura bem divertida e leve. Só que já li outros chick-lit bem melhores, então esse provavelmente vai ser um desses livros que vou esquecer em pouco tempo.
Bella Carstairs
No me acuerdo exactamente de cuándo leí este libro. Hace años ya. Me gustó bastante, me reí y lo disfruté, eso lo sé, pero es muchísimo mejor "Damas de honor" creerme.
De cualquier manera,es un libro que entretiene y es divertido. Una lectura ágil y fresca.
Sam ☔️
Jan 20, 2016 Sam ☔️ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A light and funny love story xx
Viridiana Ivashkov
3.5
Muy entretenido y divertido, pero como toda comedia romántica es bastante predecible. Aún así es perfecto para una tarde.
Elena
Nov 16, 2015 Elena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-it, favorites, fun
i love this book, it was one of the first books i read and it didn't let me down
  • Heaven Can Wait
  • A Spring Affair
  • Getting Away with It
  • Wedding Tiers
  • Katy Carter Wants a Hero (Katy Carter, #1)
  • Chasing Daisy
  • The Love of Her Life
  • The Single Girl's To-Do List
  • (Un)like a Virgin
  • Breakfast at Darcy's
  • The Personal Shopper (Annie Valentine, #1)
  • Please Forgive Me
  • Out of the Blue
  • Heaven Sent
Jane Costello is the author of nine best-selling novels, including Bridesmaids, The Wish List, The Time of Our Lives and her latest, Summer Nights at the Moonlight Hotel, which was published by Simon & Schuster in March 2016. Jane was a newspaper journalist before she became an author and worked on the Liverpool Echo, the Daily Mail and the Liverpool Daily Post, where she was Editor. She conti ...more
More about Jane Costello...

“Oh, well, that's not bad, I suppose. I mean, I'd prefer devastatingly sophisticated - but almost endearing is more than I could have hoped for under the circumstances.” 1 likes