Start by marking “Forgive Me, Alex” as Want to Read:
Forgive Me, Alex

Forgive Me, Alex

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Evolved Publishing presents an intimate look inside the mind of a killer, and of the man determined to end that killer, in "Forgive Me, Alex" by Lane Diamond. [Psychological Suspense Thriller]

Tony Hooper stands in shadow across the street, one amongst many in the crowd of curiosity-hounds gathered to watch a monster's release. Seventeen years after Mitchell Norton, the dev
ebook
Published December 19th 2011 by Evolved Publishing (first published December 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Forgive Me, Alex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgive Me, Alex

Emlyn Chand
I just read Forgive Me, Alex by Lane Diamond, and against all odds, I was totally hooked. This novel is classed as a literary thriller. While I love lit fic, I tend to hate thrillers... well, thrillers in the film format. I don’t care how hyped a movie is, I just cannot get into a formulaic plot where you know the good guy will win at the last minute. No, high budget explosions and death-defying stunts don’t keep me from noticing a paper thin plot. Sorry!

So imagine my surprise when I found mysel
Timothy Ward
This book is gruesome and emotional right out of the gate. The main character, Tony, goes through some monumental losses throughout the story. These aren't the kind of losses that you can just blow off as insignificant because Lane's writing makes you really care about these people and what's going on. Lane excels in this area of sympathetic characters.

The sympathy you have for the characters makes this a tough read at times. I blazed through the first half in one or two days, which for me is s
Marie Borthwick
I have a sick fascination with serial killers. I'm not talking like so sick I want to date Jeffrey Dahmer or anything like that - I am not completely nutters! My sick fascination lies in my overwhelming desire to get into the head of serial killers - to find out what makes them tick.

I suppose this fascination is partly responsible for my going to university for a criminal justice degree, my wealth of grisly murder mysteries and my desire to watch horror gore (even though I can't stand blood in
Angela Scott
This thriller hooked me from the very beginning and I found it near impossible to put it aside. I carried my kindle with me everywhere I went and when snatches of time presented itself, I pulled out the Kindle and read.

I needed to know what was going to happen next despite some of the gruesome and more uncomfortable parts of the story (inside the mind of a serial killer). I found the story engrossing and the style of writing quite crisp, clean, and forthright.

This is definitely not a book for
Mary Loesch
***I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review****

Okay, I chose to review this one because there were elements of the story that reminded me of Dexter. I'm a fan of both the show and the book and wanted to see if this story could possibly hold up next to Jeff Lindsey's tale of a serial killer who kills other serial killers.

It does!

And then some....

Let me just say that while, yes, there are some Dexter comparison's to be made here, Forgive Me, Alex is a great tale all o
Emlyn Chand
I just read Forgive Me, Alex by Lane Diamond, and against all odds, I was totally hooked. This novel is classed as a literary thriller. While I love lit fic, I tend to hate thrillers… well, thrillers in the film format. I don’t care how hyped a movie is, I just cannot get into a formulaic plot where you know the good guy will win at the last minute. No, high budget explosions and death-defying stunts don’t keep me from noticing a paper thin plot. Sorry!

So imagine my surprise when I found myself
Ranee Dillon
One sentence and I was hooked.

“I never expected to be a killer.” Muses Tony Hooper.

My first introduction to Tony broke my heart and horrified me all at once. As a mother of four, I wanted to grab him and scream—No! To tell him everything would be just fine, but as I continued to read I quickly realized the tragedy that befell him in 1975 was only the beginning.

“And whom shall I fear if not the devil, the grim torturer who conquered my aspirations and left me without a recognizable world of my ow
Traveler One
Jul 05, 2012 Traveler One rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults
Okay, so I'm now of fan of Lane Diamond's. I read 3 of his short stories before I read this book, so I had high expectations. I wasn't disappointed.

Based on some of his stories, Diamond likes to get inside the head of his characters. He's a mind meddler, and he's good at it.

His characters just snap, and feel real. This story had some familiar elements, but his handling of the characters makes it a great read. I don't want to spoil anything, but based on the ending, I'm really looking forward to
Crystal
Forgive Me, Alex was a slightly different take on a suspense/thriller than what I am use to in a good way. Mr. Diamond uses alternating points-of-view and alternating time frames to tell the story and while doing this really builds up the suspense in both time periods. I found the story horrifying and fascinating the way a great suspense thriller should be.

Told from the points-of-view of the protagonist Tony and the antagonist Mitchell Norton is a very interesting way to frame the story. Tony is
Kristi (Books and Needlepoint)
This book kept me riveted! It is told through the eyes of both Tony Hooper and MItchell Norton. It starts in 1995 as Mitchell is being released from prison and goes back and forth from that time frame to 1978, when all the tragedy occurs.

I loved the way that the author draws you in to the story right away, and then slowly dishes you out the details. You know the outcome, because Mitchell was in prison for 17 years - but you don't know everything that happens in 1978 and those are the details th
Kathleen Kelly

Forgive Me, Alex is a psychological suspense thriller to say the least, told in the voices of Tony Hooper and Mitchell Norton and relives the atrocities of a time in 1978 and then in the present of 1995. Tony Hooper is an average guy, soon to graduate high school, has a girlfriend that he wants to marry and spend the rest of his life with. Just prior to him graduating, his little brother, his shadow, Alex turns up missing. Alex is eventually found murdered and Tony blames himself. Back to 1995 M
Laura Roberts
Indie e-books
Forgive Me, Alex switches between several perspectives, mainly Tony Hooper and Mitchell Norton during the original killing spree of 1978 and ‘now’ (1995), which could be potentially confusing, but is highlighted nicely by the chapter titles and change in the tone of the POV. I also found that the insight we have from 1995 adds to the suspense - we know some details, revealed sparingly along the way, and this results in a tale that (in parts) puts me in mind of watching an impending car crash.

So
Faye {Daydreaming_Star}
This review was originally posted on my blog on 10th July 2012, here

[WARNING: This book contains explicit and violent scenes that are not for the young or squeamish.]

criminal acts
This book was simply outstanding. I haven’t read a crime novel that really grabbed my attention in a long time and so when I got hooked on this book from the very first page, I knew I was starting the journey of something very special. I loved the way the story was portrayed and the story itself. I was continuously enth
Ashley Fontainne
Psychological thrillers are my kind of books! Not only do I write them, but truly enjoy reading one that makes my skin crawl, my nerves skitter with fear and my heart thump a tad louder. This incredible novel by Lane Diamond handed me ALL of that, in spades!

The story is told in bursts from the main two characters, switching deftly between 1978 and 1995. The long road and deep ties between the hero and the villain are interwoven with intricate detail. The sickening forces that bound these two tog
Leah
Forgive Me, Alex is a fascinating psychological read! It kind of feels like the story behind an episode of Criminal Minds, which I absolutely love, by the way. Dr. Spencer Reid is a god. Sorry, I digress. This book offers a peek into the mind of a serial killer and into the mind of a man whose life was changed due to the killer's actions. The story is told through two main perspectives--that of Mitchell Norton, the serial killer, and Tony Hooper, the man who lost so much because of Norton. The n ...more
John Allen
The devil made Mitchell Norton a serial killer.

Forgive Me, Alex is the story of the serial killer Mitchell Norton and Tony Hooper, the man whose life he ruined, and who has since become something of an expert at making serial killers go away. Split between 1995, when Mitchell is released from prison, and 1978, the summer of Norton's reign of terror, this novel follows the events that made Norton into a killer and Hooper's desperate race to stop him ... twice.

Readers of The Girl with the Dragon T
Anne Chaconas
“I mean, shit, any knucklehead can be a writer, right?” muses one of the characters in Lane Diamond’s nail-biter of a story, Forgive Me, Alex. And, yes, any knucklehead can. But it takes a very special kind of knucklehead to put together a story the way Diamond has. Forgive Me, Alex did something that a book has not done since Kristy and the Snobs (The Baby-sitters Club #11), where Kristy’s family dog Louie had to be put to sleep: It made me cry. Damn you, Lane Diamond. Damn you to hell.

Forgive
Naomi Leadbeater

Sometimes, when a book tour comes along, and I'm not really sure whether or not I'll enjoy the book, I decide to sign up anyway.

I'm still waiting for the day that I don't enjoy a book from a Novel Publicitytour. It hasn't happened yet, and I hope everyone is beginning to realize just what a great service they can offer for authors.

Forgive me, Alex - a psychological thriller was pretty jarring and spectacular. It plays at the heart-strings of anyone who has ever encountered 'the devil' - or just
Lydia
if you aren't into the whole POV of a serial killer genre this book may not be for you, BUT if you are I suggest going to Amazon or somewhere and getting this book.

So the story is split into two different time periods, one set in 1978 when Norton is having his trial done and then the other is in 1995 when he's released. This is my favorite kind of format because you can guess what's about to happen next but then it completely surprises you when you find out in the flash forward that it didn't ha
Shah Wharton
Look out for the review - 16th July at shahwharton.com :)

Lane Diamond did a great job with this enthralling psychological thriller. I enjoyed the story and felt I knew the characters, joining them every step of the way – and when one of those characters is a sadistic serial killer with a penchant for torture, that can be pretty, ghoulish. Fabulous! I couldn't put it down and still think of ti now, weeks after I finished reading it. That's a rarity.

Total opposites, Tony Hooper and Mitchell Norton
Cheryl
This is a psychological thriller book. This book is comparable to the TV show “Criminal Minds”. If you like that show, you’ll love this book and it will be a quick, tail-spinning read for you!
This book takes you into the mind of a serial killer. I find that fascinating, I know probably sick, but true. Not because I would EVER be one, but the total opposite. The author writes in great detail in explaining the mind of a serial killer.
The book is in perspective of two different minds, the serial ki
Susan
Lane pens "Forgive Me, Alex" in a very well thought out plot where the characters are believable and well described. A gruesome, serial killer, psychological suspense thriller that is very hard to put down until your finished, a total roller coaster ride with all the twists and turns.A fantastic book and highly recommend it for all psychological suspense thriller, serial killer type novel fans, but please note this book is for adult audiences only.

This review is based on a complimentary copy fro
Heather
this book sucked me in from the first page! at first, i thought the format of jumping back and forth between different years would bother me but it all made sense! while a thriller, there were definitely parts that tugged at my heart strings. overall, i loved this book and can't wait for the sequel!!
Rebecca
Interesting book - clearly written. Appreciated the author's approach and how each chapter let you know the lens through which you were reading. Chilling tale.
Keith Hughes
A tuat thriller that ingeniously tells the story in two different times.
Mawdi
a very creepy book but interesting.
Mimi
Very good novel!
  • Hot Sinatra
  • Spoonful
  • Zombie Candy (Annie Ogden, #2)
  • Tommy Goes Trick-Or-Treating (a Bird Brain Book)
  • Hannah's Voice
  • Eulogy
  • Tortured Dreams
  • Valentina and the Haunted Mansion (Valentina's Spooky Adventures, #1)
  • Bella
  • A Deceit to Die For
  • The Silver Sphere
  • Circles
  • Shatter Point
  • Thomas and the Tiger-Turtle
  • Buying Time (Aspen Moore, #1)
  • Flesh
  • Secret Storm
  • Zan (Spiritdell, #1)
Evolution: Vol. 1 (A Short Story Collection) Paradox - A Short Story Devane's Reality - A Short Story Wind Tunnel - A Short Story Evolution: Vol. 2 (A Short Story Collection)